• Breaking News

    Monday, April 1, 2019

    macOS File stuck at .Trash/

    macOS File stuck at .Trash/


    File stuck at .Trash/

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 02:20 PM PDT

    File stuck at .Trash/

    I have a file from safari dev that stuck in trashbin, and that why I need to always pass through this dialog window (it says that this folder in use by some process). I have tried to take down this file by sudo rm -rf, and by sloth (btw this process invisible to sloth). Does anybody have some ideas about deleting this file?

    https://i.redd.it/qbiri2sitip21.png

    submitted by /u/tbrachkoff
    [link] [comments]

    Lost firmware password I set ages ago?

    Posted: 01 Apr 2019 12:52 AM PDT

    I have a MBP (mid-2012). Because I was back then a paranoid fucker I had enabled firmware password however yesterday my mac acted strange and wanted to do a clean install. Normally it won't ask until I attach a secondary drive. However suddenly it asked for the firmware password and there is no way around to skip this and boot from my mac. I already called Apple and without a receipt they can't do. But you do understand I have bought this mac secondhand waaaaaaaaay back. So how the fuck am I going to retrieve it back? Soldering isn't for me. Please another methods?

    MacOS mid-2012, Mojave.

    submitted by /u/WhatTheHomePod
    [link] [comments]

    Are all image/media/asset library apps dead? What do you use for digital 'scrapbooking'?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 01:57 PM PDT

    I have a lot of screenshots, design assets (icons, UI elements, etc), and all kinds of phots and images saved from the web for inspiration. However, I've been struggling to find a good app to manage it.

    • Ember - discontinued

    • Pixa - discontinued

    • Pinterest and other web apps - ok for images, not suitable for sketch files, icons, adobe files

    • Pixave - my long time favourite however developer AWOL, last update year ago, dev twitter has been dead for almost a year

    • Inboard - Abandoned. Twitter went dead year ago.

    I'm currently testing Eagle app but although I like the look of it and features, it's pretty bad because it's not a native app (electron I guess?) so it suffers from very poor performance, weird non native scrolling, UI and animations are really choppy even on the 15" MBP and it eats about 3x as much RAM as Pixave with an identical library.

    Which app do you use? What's your workflow?

    P.S. I've recently started learning iOS dev but this is honestly frustrating me enough to get make me consider learning AppKit and making the app myself...

    submitted by /u/-paul-
    [link] [comments]

    Can't uninstall Chromium

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 12:14 PM PDT

    So recently realized that chromium is installed on my macbook without my permission. Apparently it's malware. All the ways I've found of deleting it online use removing it from the apps to trash, however while Chromium appears in my launchpad, it doesn't appear in my finder. There's also nothing I can find that's suspicious that it might be hiding in. Suggestions?

    submitted by /u/str8cokane
    [link] [comments]

    Unwanted News Alerts

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 09:31 AM PDT

    I have been getting bombarded with news alerts popping up on the right side of my screen from the Times of Israel. I have never been to their website and have turned off all notifications in my system preferences. I dont even use the news app on my MacBook, but I went to check it anyway and no I am not subscribed to the Times of Israel. Anyone know how I can stop these alerts?

    submitted by /u/ToneThugsNHarmony
    [link] [comments]

    2014 Mac Mini & Mojave lag

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 10:15 AM PDT

    Recently bought a 2014 Mac mini with 2.8 Ghz and 8GB of RAM and have been experienced some lag during transitions with dark mode enabled. Are the graphics in this mini (Intel Iris) too slow to handle dark theme or is this an issue with Mojave in general?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/c47v3770
    [link] [comments]

    Keep getting a "your system has run out of application memory", can someone help me find what the problem is?

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 06:11 AM PDT

    So it all started two days ago, I've had this mac for 4 years and have had no problem using it, even with pretty intensive software like after effects and hundreds of tabs open. The mac is currently running Mojave 10.14.

    So, two days ago I started getting this message telling me "your system has run out of application memory". Firefox seems to be the cause of the problem, since the figure of 120go next to it seems pretty huge to me (that being said I have no idea of what the norm is).

    Here are some screenshots of my activity monitor when it happened and details of my setup and storage.

    Don't know if this info is useful, but when it happened, I only had 4 tabs open. I was browsing a video-subreddit and was pretty far down the rabbit hole.

    So can anyone please help me figure out what is going on ? Cause I'm not so good on the technical side.

    submitted by /u/ngrej
    [link] [comments]

    After 7ish years, I finally upgraded!!!

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 01:30 PM PDT

    I had a MacBook Air 11" 2012 since it first launched and finally switched over to the 2018 MacBook Air. I am incredibly shocked on how beautifully designed and how smooth the performance is. It felt like the first time I bought a Mac!

    submitted by /u/joniell
    [link] [comments]

    Caps lock stuck on 2013 Macbook air

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 05:37 AM PDT

    Hello!

    My mother has a 2013 13-inch macbook air running OS X 10.9.5. Yesterday she ran into an issue (seemingly out of nowhere from what I can tell), which is that all characters typed are in all caps (this includes special characters like "!"). This is combined with, although perhaps unrelated to, stuttering when scrolling in chrome or safari.

    When connecting a separate keyboard and using it to type the characters are no longer in all caps, but scrolling still causes stuttering.

    We have tried restarting the computer, restarting it in safe-mode, and doing the "command+option+r+p" startup. Although the last method left us in some sort of advanced start, from which we were unsure how to proceed.

    Any help resolving this issue would be much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/dont_need_account
    [link] [comments]

    Google Scare Tactic???

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 10:53 AM PDT

    I just updated my iMac to the latest version of Mojave and got this alert:

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8v5u9mtdbz20qnl/macOS%3AGoogle%20screen%20Shot%202019-03-30%20at%206.25.44%20PM.png?dl=0

    Since I use Apple's Mail.app to read my Gmail, these emails are coming through the Apple server and, should Apple wish to do so, they could indeed do all the things noted on that list. However, as most folks know, Apple makes a big deal about how your info is not their product (and we all know that Google considers your info to be their product).

    So, I see that this "Alert" as little more than a scare tactic from Google to entice me to come to the Google.com site everytime I want to compose or read email and am therefore tempted to click on <Allow>.

    Any feedback would be welcomes.

    submitted by /u/seeker1938
    [link] [comments]

    Mac is NOT for powerusers.

    Posted: 31 Mar 2019 09:11 AM PDT

    So, I called up AppleCare for XYZ problem just like every previous problem I had. And their procedure is pretty lame:

    1. Restart
    2. Reset app settings
    3. Create new user and try in that
    4. Sorry, we don't know. Here's some support articles for you to read.

    It's disheartening.

    Edit: As for my problem, it was not being able to block contacts in iMessages. I called them again today and after another tedious session the guy agreed that it was a bug and they were working on it and it'd probably be fixed in the next update.

    submitted by /u/chanakya009
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel