• Breaking News

    Monday, January 28, 2019

    macOS Help for poor Mac user

    macOS Help for poor Mac user


    Help for poor Mac user

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 08:53 PM PST

    Editing metadata of MP4 files

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 09:28 PM PST

    Hi all,

    When I was a Windows user I used Windows properties dialog to edit the metadata of MP4 files, and MKVToolnix to edit the metadata of MKV files. Well, MKVToolnix is supported on macOS so I downloaded that, but I cannot figure out how to edit the metadata for MP4 files without some convoluted method. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/discobobulator
    [link] [comments]

    How to downgrade your brand new Macbook Pro from Mojave to Sierra?

    Posted: 28 Jan 2019 12:42 AM PST

    I know this question was asked a couple of days ago but I couldn't find the right answer in the comments.

    Have a brand new fully loaded i9 wiutgh VEGA 20 and it's just not performing anywhere near what it should do. Rendering is take 4x longer than my old Machine in Premiere. Figure I might try rolling back and see if that helps. Only problem is it ships with Mojave and as far as I can see you can't download High Sierra from the macstore. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/darkdayzandrainbows
    [link] [comments]

    Free media player with an equalizer

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 06:34 PM PST

    Title. Does anyone know of any free media players with a parametric equalizer?

    submitted by /u/MegaCharizardY72
    [link] [comments]

    What is this.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 06:28 AM PST

    No audio/speakers detected in MacBook Air and can’t reset NVRAM?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 08:05 PM PST

    Since updating my MacBook to Mojave it is not detecting the speakers and there's no audio. This happened before and I took it to the Apple store where the guy did an SMC/NVRAM reset and it fixed it.

    Now I've update Mojave again and the issue has return. When I try to do the NVRAM reset myself, it just flashes white on the startup screen until I let go of command/option/p/r.

    Is there another way of resetting it? I'm not sure what they did at the store but it seemed to involve an Ethernet cable.

    submitted by /u/tossed125
    [link] [comments]

    Any idea what's happening here?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 02:16 PM PST

    .../Library/Mail folder has com.apple.quarantine set ... why?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 06:44 AM PST

    Any ideas why my Apple Mail folder (/Users/<username>/Library/Mail) has this extended attribute and how/if I can remove it?

    $ ls -l@ 

    drwx------@ 14 <username> staff 448 25 Nov 19:32 Mail com.apple.quarantine -1

    I tried xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine Mail and got this error:

    Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/bin/xattr-2.7", line 11, in <module> load_entry_point('xattr==0.6.4', 'console_scripts', 'xattr')() File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/xattr/tool.py", line 258, in main doSinglePathChange(filename,attr_name,attr_value,read,write,delete,recursive) File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Extras/lib/python/xattr/tool.py", line 183, in doSinglePathChange listdir = os.listdir(filename) OSError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: 'Mail' 

    Mac OS 10.14.2

    submitted by /u/croc_mcphee
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 2017 turns off when lid is shut

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 08:05 AM PST

    Hi, my 2017 Macbook Air keeps turning off whenever the lid is shut down, it did not do this previously, it used to be so that I could shut the lid and open it and it would only be locked needing my password, not that I'd need to turn it on again. I do not have any settings enabled that I am aware of that would enable this and I have reset the SMC and tried deleting and recreating my user account to no avail. Any ideas? I am on Mojave 10.14.3 but this was also an issue on 10.14

    submitted by /u/Blithe17
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel