• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 27, 2019

    Apple Macbook What slots should I install the ram in first? (MacBook 7,1)

    Apple Macbook What slots should I install the ram in first? (MacBook 7,1)


    What slots should I install the ram in first? (MacBook 7,1)

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 11:36 PM PST

    Hey all! I have the mid-2010 MacBook (7,1) running high Sierra and was wondering where I should slot the ram?

    I have a 4 GB stick I salvaged from an old laptop along with a 1 GB stick that came with the MacBook (I use the 1 GB one because it lowers the voltage of the other stick to be compatible with the MacBook).

    My question is where should I slot the sticks? I currently have the 4GB stick in the 1st slot and the stock stick in the second slot.

    Would switching them around give me better results? I couldn't find anything about this online.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/Down200
    [link] [comments]

    Best MacBook with retina for the buck.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 11:06 AM PST

    Hey all, I am looking for a used MacBook with retina display. My usage will be mainly document writing, online article reading (hence the need for retina) and the occasional photoshop/origin/InDesign for graph creation for uni presentations. My budget is around 400-450$. Is this a reasonable amount for my needs? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/silverspaniel
    [link] [comments]

    My 2012 MacBook Pro. Reminiscing since I no longer use it. Still love it though!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 04:09 PM PST

    Purchasing Advice! Upgrading from Macbook Pro 2012 13"

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 07:39 PM PST

    I'm transitioning to a remote position where I will be out of the office 3-4 days per week and working from home. My current laptop has been great over these past 6 years but its time to upgrade to a 15" MBP.

    I use a DIY upgraded 2012 Macbook Pro 13" as my computer outside of the office with 16 GB RAM, 750 GB SSD (500+250), and the 2.5 GHz i5 processor. I have two 20" monitors attached through USB and the firewire port and it handles everything just fine for the most part.

    I'm in the market for a new macbook because:

    1. The 13" screen isn't large enough to view dashboards and reports efficiently when I'm not home with access to the dual monitors. This is the primary reason for the upgrade.

    2. Excel is slow on large data files or reports so I'd like a somewhat faster CPU.

    3. The option to play games like Fortnite or PUBG at modest graphic settings if I someday find the time. Primarily PS4 gamer so not a huge concern.

    4. I wanna get on the Retina train.

    So, I'm looking at a used Late 2013 Macbook Pro 15" with the 2.6GHz, 16GB, 512GB SSD, and the graphics card, for $800-$1000. I was sold on this purchase until the mrs uttered the words: "get the new one. you deserve it."... which are words I never thought I'd hear in my lifetime, so now i'm rethinking my entire purchase plan.

    If a 2018 15" Macbook Pro @ about $2400-2600 is going to last me as long as the 2012 has, I don't mind spending that money because I also don't wan't to spend $1000 on a 2013 that will get outdated in 2-4 years.

    So now I find myself in a purchasers dilemma and I'd love some assistance and opinion.

    submitted by /u/LiftedBodega
    [link] [comments]

    Late 2008 Macbook RAM upgrade

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 10:48 PM PST

    I've got this Late 2008 Metal Unibody Macbook laying around and i'm planning to give it to my sibling who is entering high school. I'm not very adept with hardware so i searched online and found out that adding RAM makes a big difference, as i searched i was asking online sellers if the RAM sticks that they're selling are compatible, they all said no, except for one site, OWC. I compared the RAM OWC is selling and the other ones I checked before only to find out that they're all the same, the specs are the same, everything is the same.

    So i was wondering should i just buy any RAM as long as everything is the same as it is on the spec sheet?

    submitted by /u/DivergentClockwork
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 15 2012 Keyboard Backlighting problem.

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 10:34 PM PST

    Hey guys my MBP has a problem with the keyboard backlight where it is very dim that it is practically unnoticeable. At full brightness you cant see it unless you tilt the laptop to where you can see under the keycaps. Is it a problem with the LED's? Do I need to replace it or is there a fix to it. It's not that its not working but it is very very dim. Literally to the point where it does nothing.

    submitted by /u/vxrbal
    [link] [comments]

    I have a 2017 MacBook Pro 13-inch with a 3.1GHz i5 and 8Gb of ram. Is Parallels Desktop running Windows 10 going to be too much of a strain on the computer to be usable? Should I just use Bootcamp?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 03:06 PM PST

    After 5 damaged MacBooks, here is one that is not! Hello i9, 1 Tb, 32 GB ram, and 20 Vega. I use this for viewing dank memes, and sometimes commenting them!

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 02:15 PM PST

    Help Request - Using iMac as Display with Broken MacBook Pro Screen?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 12:00 PM PST

    Is it possible to use an iMac as a display for my MacBook Pro if the MacBook screen is broken, or do I need to access that screen before I can connect them?

    I have looked high and low on the internet and cannot find any useful tutorials. I'm starting to think my perfectly good MacBook can no longer be used (as it would be almost as expensive to replace the screen as to buy a new laptop.)

    I do have the mini displayport HDMI plugged in already.

    The MacBook Pro is A1502 (2014) and the iMac is mid-2011.

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/capethrowaway00
    [link] [comments]

    "The recovery server cannot be contacted" message pops up when trying to reinstall MacOS

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 03:04 PM PST

    I have a MacBook Pro, and I have the latest macOS version (Mojave).

    These have been my steps:

    1. click the apple button in top left corner
    2. click "restart"
    3. hold down command+r until apple logo shows up
    4. click "reinstall macOS"
    5. click the arrow

    This is where i get the message "The recovery server cannot be contacted". What can I do to fix this?

    EDIT: I guess I'll also add this, when i get to the menu that has the option to reinstall macOS, my internet/wifi does not work. It says it is looking for networks and is on, but it does not connect to anything. But when I close out of the menu and restart normally, it connects just fine. I don't know if this is part of the issue, I just thought I'd add it in.

    submitted by /u/Fergy328
    [link] [comments]

    anyone with a 2016 MBP that has display issues as mentioned on Verge?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 02:30 AM PST

    Anyone know how to fix this screen issue?

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 01:43 PM PST

    MacBook Pro docking station recommendations? (Pre USB-C)

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 07:42 AM PST

    Was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a docking station for a 2015 MBP? Want to hook up to a monitor with a HDMI input.

    submitted by /u/EmbarrassedLocksmith
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro 15 Mid 2010 Kernel Panic GPU

    Posted: 27 Jan 2019 10:21 AM PST

    I recently bought a used Macbook pro, I upgraded the stock 4 GB ram to 8 GB corsair ram 1066 MHz. The problem is that it seems to have kernel panics due to GPU. The fix with the kext seems to be working but still, if I use an external monitor after a bit it crashes. There's a way to fix this problem without having to replace the motherboard?

    submitted by /u/AndrewLoneWolf
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel