• Breaking News

    Sunday, October 21, 2018

    macOS SmartCappuccino: Automatically switch between dark and light mode on Mojave

    macOS SmartCappuccino: Automatically switch between dark and light mode on Mojave


    SmartCappuccino: Automatically switch between dark and light mode on Mojave

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 04:50 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    SmartCappuccino is a menu bar app for macOS Mojave that allows users to toggle between Dark and Light mode. SmartCappuccino also allows users to specify a time to automatically switch between modes. I saw other apps that accomplished the same thing, but were closed sourced and unavailable on the Mac App Store, so I decided to make one and have it be open source!

    You can download it directly from https://www.smartcappuccino.io or on GitHub https://github.com/maito94/SmartCappuccino/releases!

    submitted by /u/raddmag
    [link] [comments]

    Do MacBooks lag depending on battery power?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 10:14 AM PDT

    I just need a answer to this since when my MacBook goes below 5%, it lags alot.

    submitted by /u/SCR0PI0N
    [link] [comments]

    HELP: macOS High Sierra KERNEL PANIC

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 12:36 PM PDT

    HELP: macOS High Sierra KERNEL PANIC

    Hi there! I've had a Macbook Pro for a couple years now and recently it has started crashing when using VLC. It just happens sometimes but enough to bother me, plus it shoulnd't be happening in the first place. Specifically, it happens when I go from fullscreen to the desktop. A crash message appears and says: "Your computer restarted because of a problem. Press a key or wait a few seconds to continue starting up."

    I read several articles of people that said that they solved it formatting but it didn't work for me. I'm not very knowledgeable about this stuff but I believe the log says it's a problem with the GPU drivers.

    Has this happened to any of you? Did you manage to solve it?

    https://i.redd.it/ibx69qhc8et11.jpg

    submitted by /u/c0nr4dvladlin
    [link] [comments]

    Are there currently any working apps to make iPad a second monitor?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 06:55 AM PDT

    I've just got a MacBook Pro (13") and updated to Mojave. From everything I've read, none of the 3 main screen share/second monitor apps (Duet Display, iDisplay and AirDisplay) work.

    Can anyone confirm this or give any suggestions on a work around? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/ZeligD
    [link] [comments]

    Copying Large Amount of Data to New Hard Drive

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    I'm looking to copy around 2TB of data from one external hard drive to another. From what I've read the "rsync" command in Terminal may be the best way to do this. Does anyone have any experience doing this? How would you transfer 2TB of data from one external HDD to another?

    Thanks!

    Edit: This site tells you how to have it output an list of any errors it encounters too. I may do that just in case.

    submitted by /u/BarnacleBoi
    [link] [comments]

    Dual SSD setup on MacOS Mojave?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 11:23 AM PDT

    Hey y'all, I'm running MacOS Mojave on a mid-2010 MacBook Pro (2.5 GHz i5, 8 GB DDR3 RAM). I currently have a 256 GB SSD in my main hard drive slot, but I'm looking to take out my CD drive and replace it with another SSD I have lying around. I've done this setup before on a previous version of macOS (10.12 maybe?) and worked fine, but I was wondering if Mojave supports this and, if so, if someone could give me Mojave-specific directions for doing so. Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/AMagneticField
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Mojave stable?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 01:57 PM PDT

    Hi there, just wondering if anyone can tell me how stable Mojave is? I'm on an early 2015 MBP and I depend on it for work so I want to keep the OS as stable as possible (who doesn't?). I just can't find any Mojave patch notes to see if Apple rolled out a fixer update ever since the first edition was released. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/jshelton201
    [link] [comments]

    Unsync Safari History Only.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 09:57 AM PDT

    Is there a way to unsync history in Safari but still sync bookmarks and passwords?

    submitted by /u/biopc
    [link] [comments]

    Logitech MX Master lag over bluetooth SOLUTION

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 01:30 PM PDT

    For a long time I have been having this mouse lag on MacOS whenever I connect my MX Master over bluetooth. And for a long time I have researched this and was unable to find a solution... until today.

    Go over to: http://www.usboverdrive.com/USBOverdrive/Download.html and download & install the right version of USB Overdrive for your operating system. The program will need permission to access the system, so you will need to import your password. After installation, the program will prompt you to restart, do and you're done.

    I have found that there is no need to edit any of USB Overdrive settings to get the MX Master to work as it should.

    PS: there is a paid version of the software. The free version has no restrictions but it does have some annoying prompts after every boot-up.

    submitted by /u/shergitt
    [link] [comments]

    Is there anyway to toggle automatic graphics switching on/off without opening settings everytime?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 12:43 PM PDT

    I'd like to be able to switch it off at certain times. Is there a way I can make a keyboard shortcut or something? Maybe something in Automater? I don't know enough to try and do it myself, so any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/weaponizedBooks
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a keyboard shortcut to turn the brightness all the way down? Or a way to set one?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 12:38 PM PDT

    • F1 turns the brightness down one unit.

    • Option-Shift-F1 turns the brightness down just a little bit.

    • I would like a shortcut like Command-F1 that turns the brightness all the way down.

    I've tried to google it but have come to no solution. Sorry if this is a simple question but I'm new to macOS.

    submitted by /u/fromtheport_
    [link] [comments]

    How long between display sleeping and the system actually going to sleep (shut off wifi, turn off hard drive...)

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 11:51 AM PDT

    If the display is set to sleep after, say, 10 minutes, there is a window of time before it puts the rest of the system to sleep. I'm curious how long that is and can't find anything online.

    submitted by /u/arealhumannotabot
    [link] [comments]

    Store Photo Library on external, but showing in disk usage.

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 07:02 AM PDT

    I noticed the other day that my hard drive is getting full on my SSD Mac mini. I looked at why, and its telling me I have 110GB of Photos and I should use iCloud photo - I do! But I have it download full res for local backup.

    My photo library is on my External Drobo. Confirmed by looking in the program itself and it shows where the library is. I thought maybe it was symlinked in ~/Pictures or something, but doesn't appear to be.

    So, how do I get it to lay off the complaining? I monitor my devices on the network with NCPA on Nagios, so its showing the drive at 90+% full everywhere.

    submitted by /u/HackerJL
    [link] [comments]

    Why there is no drop down terminal like Yakuake on Mac?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 02:53 AM PDT

    I know you can somehow fake it with iTerm2 but it's still nothing when compared with Yakuake that is 100% drop down terminal and nothing else. Why is that? Is there some macOS catch or there is no demand for such stand alone drop down terminal for Macs?

    EDIT: This question is about the pheomenon of the lack of dedicated drop down terminals on Mac. I don't need to tell I should use iTerm2. I am very familiar with iTerm2. I just want to know why there are no DEDICATED drop-down terminals on Mac. I don't need any advice on hacking iTerm to behave like a Quake-like terminal.

    submitted by /u/gorss
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel