• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 23, 2018

    macOS Does anyone else make their own dark folder icons to go with Dark Mode?

    macOS Does anyone else make their own dark folder icons to go with Dark Mode?


    Does anyone else make their own dark folder icons to go with Dark Mode?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 05:25 PM PDT

    what actually is the use of the ctrl key?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 02:22 AM PDT

    I find myself only ever using it in the terminal. couldn't everything it does be accomplished using some other key combination?

    submitted by /u/wolflambert
    [link] [comments]

    Update: ghosting

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 11:33 PM PDT

    Earlier this year I made a post about ghosting on my 5k 27 inch Retina display Mac and after updating to Mojave it STILL has these issues (after a few minutes). I know this isn't a software issue, but it's still incredibly disappointing that my iMac has these issues even though it's only 2 years old and Apple couldn't have made any minor adjustments to make it bearable

    submitted by /u/flaccidraisin
    [link] [comments]

    Wow, wtf, mojave.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 09:56 PM PDT

    My computer is currently unusable. Macbook pro 2015 15". It boots up much slower than usual, and then once the log in screen appears and I click my name, it takes about 20 seconds for the UI to become responsive. Once logged in, firefox doesn't work for about 3 minutes and then suddenly appears but I can't connect to anything even though I am connected to my network. I'm assuming this is to do with suddenly unsupported startup programs like postgres and little snitch and probably others which seem to be hanging in spectacular ways. It just seems ridiculous that after pestering me to upgrade repeatedly that same upgrade would cripple my system. I'm just pissed and need to vent...

    Has anyone else experience this?

    How did you fix it?

    Why does apple suck so much?

    I'm really glad I started using time machine last week.

    submitted by /u/andnbspsc
    [link] [comments]

    I feel like as much praise as Dark Mode is getting, it still needs improvements

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 05:41 PM PDT

    Can't remove Adguard from website / browser

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 01:49 PM PDT

    I recently removed Adguard from my MacBook Pro running macOS Mojave, however, the security report still seems to be visible on one website (my university's desire2learn.com) I search Google, however, the only instructions are to remove the App, not the extension / security report. The extension does not seems to appear on any other site so far except the one listed above.

    edit: it's also not in my extensions for Safari.

    submitted by /u/Deoseyus
    [link] [comments]

    What's a good audio editor for 192 KHz and ALAC export?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 01:58 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a simple music editor

    • Drag'n'Drop to open
    • Open FLAC
    • Open 24 bit / 192 KHz
    • Add new files as tracks (as Audacity) so you can switch bewtween tracks to compare
    • Export to ALAC m4a

    What I used before

    • Audacity is a messy pain and I just uninstalled it for the like 20th time in my life
    • Studio One 3 is too complicated to open and export
    • Garage Band: lol
    • Final Cut: Yes, find me using this every now and then
    • ACID PRO: Miss you, buddy!
    submitted by /u/Subfader
    [link] [comments]

    [Help] Copy/Paste control characters creating a popup

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 01:36 PM PDT

    How do I get MacOS to stop prompting me if I want to paste control characters when I copy/paste?

    submitted by /u/wolf_on_the_fold
    [link] [comments]

    Find/Delete duplicate photos

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 12:47 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    I'm wondering if any of you know of a good program/service that can help identify duplicate photos and delete them from my Photos app? I'm trying to do some de-cluttering of my library and need a more efficient way to get rid of duplicates.

    submitted by /u/UKFan643
    [link] [comments]

    tried downloading High Sierra, but now computer won’t work. Needing help

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 10:44 AM PDT

    MS Word 16.18 slow :(

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 10:25 AM PDT

    macOS 10.13.6 on crucial ssd and Word is very slow at launch and also in the opening of a template. The problem does not exist for Excell or Powerpoint.Does anyone have the same problem and found a way to solve?

    ps. already tried reinstallation, caching and blocking through firewall (Radio Silence) for outgoing connections.

    submitted by /u/Rosso89
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal that Mojave basically reset my entire computer?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 01:11 PM PDT

    Updated my Macbook Pro to Mojave today which resulted in the following:

    • All Finder sidebar tabs were gone
    • Dock was reset as if I just bought the computer
    • iTunes was completely reset, have to manually import 98Gb worth of music
    • All files previously located on my Desktop have been deleted (incl. some valuable files)

    ...and, basically a full reset of all factory settings in regards to system preferences.

    I have never experienced such a rude OS upgrade. I have previously upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra and High Sierra and never had so many features reset.

    All this happened without any warning or notification about the way this upgrade affects your current systems.

    Which makes me wonder if this is even normal. Did any other users experience this?

    submitted by /u/shankdown
    [link] [comments]

    Dark mode MacOS Mojave

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 05:33 AM PDT

    Does anyone else's dark mode switch back to light mode in the morning? I haven't figured a way to change that so every morning I'm having to switch it back to dark mode. Any help would be appreciated!

    submitted by /u/dollarmenu69
    [link] [comments]

    any recommendation to download mojave on MacBook Pro 2018?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 08:54 AM PDT

    I heard a lot of people facing issues with MBP 2018..

    submitted by /u/i7mada
    [link] [comments]

    On Mojave, looking to format and reinstall Windows 7 Boot Camp. What's the best option?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 08:37 AM PDT

    So I recently updated to Mojave, only to find out the Boot Camp Assistant no longer supports Windows 7. I have a pre-existing Windows 7 partition but I would like to wipe it and reinstall it to get a fresh start. What would be the best way to do this? Should I delete my partition and create a new one? Or is there a way to format/reinstall it?

    submitted by /u/digitalmediaworld
    [link] [comments]

    Question: Is it possible to download Mac OS to a Windows?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 03:05 AM PDT

    I have Mac OS Sierra on my macbook Pro and want to upgrade it to High Sierra. The problem is though, the wifi here is very slow and it says it would take more than a day to download the file from App store.

    However, I have a good internet connection in my work PC, and I was wondering if it was at all possible to download the installer file to my work PC and then transfer it to my mac book pro and update it.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Countcountcount
    [link] [comments]

    OneDrive not working after Mojave Beta 10.14.1 update

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 08:32 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel