• Breaking News

    Saturday, October 20, 2018

    macOS Can't open office files from MacOS Mojave on Windows 10

    macOS Can't open office files from MacOS Mojave on Windows 10


    Can't open office files from MacOS Mojave on Windows 10

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 10:57 PM PDT

    Sorry if maybe I'm in the wrong subreddit, so far this happens exclusively on Office (well, the only programs that I have in common on both MacOS and Windows are Office 365).

    So I have 2 boot partitions, one leads to MacOS and the other leads to Windows. Before MacOS mojave+windows 10 1809 and upgrading the office apps, it worked well, but after I upgrade both the OSes and the office programs, I can't open file that been created from the MacOS on Windows anymore but the vice versa is still fine. It doesn't matter whether I save in Mac's partition or in my NTFS partition, but when I copy it to my NTFS partition and reboot to windows then open the file, it shows error.

    Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/volcia
    [link] [comments]

    Dark mode terminal profile

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 04:21 PM PDT

    Just wondering if anyone knows if its possible for the terminal to have different profiles for dark and light mode. Thanks

    submitted by /u/John_Lawn4
    [link] [comments]

    Brand New MacBook Pro -- Choppy maximize animation

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 11:28 PM PDT

    My MacBook is brand new (as in two hours brand new), and everything is buttery smooth of course. But I noticed when I double tap the top bar of a window to maximize it, the animation is choppy. I've tried restarting, but nothing.

    submitted by /u/ACaulfield910
    [link] [comments]

    Adobe CS6 - Any issues on Mojave?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 01:31 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I'm wanting to update to Mojave but reluctant due to owning Adobe CS6 (Photoshop and Premiere Pro).

    Have you had any issues?

    I can't bring myself to start paying a monthly fee for something I already own out right. Hence no Adobe CC.

    Not a sensible financial move - and I'm against the principle of moving everything to a subscription model!

    Shall I risk it?

    submitted by /u/selfstartr
    [link] [comments]

    Hello! How to have multiple installations of Chrome on mac osx?

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 01:53 AM PDT

    Hello!

    Do you guys know how i can have multiple installations of Chrome Browser on mac osx?

    I want to have 3 different chrome apps in the navigation bar.

    1 for work

    2 for work2

    3 for hobby

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/raynoralpha123
    [link] [comments]

    [macOS Mojave] WD My Book not going into sleep mode

    Posted: 20 Oct 2018 01:32 AM PDT

    Since I updated to Mojave my external HDD's don't go into sleep mode. I updated the firmware of all the drives through the WD Firmware Updater and I used the WD Drive Utilities app to activate the sleep mode on the HDD's, but nothing changed. I've changed the USB connectors, I switched to different USB ports and I did reinstall of Mojave (always clean install), still the same result.

    Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a Mojave thing? Or could it have something to do with the drive not being formatted to APFS?

    Mojave looks gorgeous, but feels sluggish.

    submitted by /u/SorrowsNativeSon
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to make this go away?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 08:10 PM PDT

    Is there a way to type in "r + <space> subreddit name" in the search bar to quickly go to a sub?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 03:42 PM PDT

    You can definitely do it for chrome.

    I used to use this: https://github.com/BenMagyar/ShortIt before updating to ...Mojave...

    submitted by /u/Acadiaa
    [link] [comments]

    Secure erase discarded Macs

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 05:07 AM PDT

    Hi y'all.

    I've been tasked to securely erase the disk of around 20 discard iMacs before we dispose them, from about late 2009 iMacs up to 2012 iMacs. Both with HDDs.

    I've seen that the diskutil tool that comes with macOS contains the argument zeroDisk and randomDisk which looks promising. I was thinking of creating a netBoot set and just boot them up to that and launch terminal and run the command on them.

    Any thoughts on this? Any tips on a better workflow?

    submitted by /u/pandruski
    [link] [comments]

    File Checking/Verification

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 05:05 PM PDT

    I have been copying files from an old hard drive to my new drive recently and noticed some of the files on the new drive not accessible or applications like Lightroom are not able open the files. This occurred for hundreds of photos which are important for me and I started to think external backups are not reliable enough anymore.

    Is there an application for checking the files if they are corrupt or not? Why would such a problem occurs?

    submitted by /u/guzelmarmara
    [link] [comments]

    I had to change my gmail password last night and I let apple pick it. I have no idea what my password is, is there a way to look it up so I can log in on my phone?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 08:09 PM PDT

    seriously, whats up with passwords? They do way more harm than good in my life, and always have. I wish I could just pick 12345 for everything.

    How do I look it up?

    submitted by /u/wolfman411
    [link] [comments]

    Is there no way to screenshot within iMessage with Mojave update?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 03:29 PM PDT

    Before I updated to Mojave I was able to take a screenshot on iMessage by right clicking in the dialogue box. Now there doesn't seem to be any such feature. I know that I can just regularly screenshot and drag the image from my desktop into the dialogue box. Just wondering if there was any way to get the screenshot functionality on iMessage back again.

    submitted by /u/sunflower_emoji
    [link] [comments]

    How do I recover files from my old encrypted Mac internal drive from my new Windows machine?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 03:24 PM PDT

    My 2011 MBP died (logic board) and I replaced it with a PC. I have taken the internal hard drive out and placed it in an enclosure.

    I tried accessing it with a HFS+ program, but I had my MacOS set to require password for logging in (I believe this means it's FileVaulted?), plus I have one or two small encrypted partitions on the drive as well.

    What options do I have to access the drive and get all of my data?

    submitted by /u/VaderPrime1
    [link] [comments]

    Nice gap

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 10:28 PM PDT

    Sky Go on Mac, and YouTube playback in Safari

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 02:09 PM PDT

    Hi all

    The TL;DR version of what I type below:

    1. How is the Sky Go streaming experience on the Mac?

    2. How is YouTube playback via Safari browser on Mojave?

    I have an iPhone 7 which, I must say, is without doubt the best phone I've ever had (I've owned previous iPhones, Android and Windows phones in the past).

    My Windows device – a Surface Pro 4 – is really frustrating me; performance is getting worse with every update, the front facing camera (I use it for Windows Hello) is inconsistent – frequently Windows tells me it cannot be turned on. I often have to restart the device after boot-up for everything to start working as it should. That's only some annoyances, it's just not a good experience.

    I'm now looking to say goodbye to Windows and get further into the Apple ecosystem (my poor wallet, lol) and am in my research phase. I'm looking to replace my Surface Pro 4 with either an iPad Pro or a new MacBook (depending on the 30th October announcement) or a 2017 Apple Certified Refurbished MacBook Pro 13".

    With my use – internet browsing, reading articles, Reddit, YouTube, emails, a bit of social media and spreadsheets, I honestly think I could actually use an iPad as a laptop replacement. However, when you start adding on the extra accessories such as keyboard, the price starts entering the laptop pricing territory.

    So to help with my decision, could anybody please inform me of your experience with:

    1. Sky Go on Mac. (On Windows, the app frequently stutters in live streaming and Box Sets; a widespread problem having looked at forums elsewhere. Does the Mac version have the same issue, or is it a nice smooth streaming experience?)
    2. YouTube (via Safari browser on Mojave). On Windows (Edge browser) YouTube is very slow to load. Is performance (site loading, video loading and playback starting) pretty much instantaneous on Safari, or is there a good 10 to 15 seconds wait like on my Windows device?

    Reviews on iOS app store tell me that Sky Go app works well on iPad, and YouTube works fine on my iPhone via Safari and the YouTube app, so I'd expect YouTube performance to be at least the same on iPad. If one, or both, perform poorly on the Mac, then my money would probably be better spent on the iPad as they're two services I use regularly.

    I look forward to any answers; thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/13paul13
    [link] [comments]

    Copying file path with Mojave

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 08:39 AM PDT

    I work a lot with programming software, in the past I would copy the path to the data I need by right-clicking on the file, copying the file path under "where", and pasting it into my console. In the past the arrows would be replaced by forward slashes (Users/JohnDoe/Desktop/DataFolder/Data.csv) when I'd do this. I've noticed since updating to Mojave, it's been keeping those little arrow things (Users ▸ JohnDoe ▸ Desktop ▸ DataFolder ▸ Data.csv). The console I'm working with doesn't recognize the arrows, so I have to manually delete them and reinsert a forward slash. It's kind of a pain.

    Is it something to do with Mojave, or another change? Any way to fix this?

    Thanks for your help

    submitted by /u/chuckles11
    [link] [comments]

    How do I force open the terminal since my administrator has disabled it

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 11:04 AM PDT

    I've tried opening terminal to use it, it says my system administrator has disabled it. I then tried the command r after restarting and a lock just came up with presumably for me to type a password, so what else can I do to open the terminal.

    submitted by /u/Toxicleader82
    [link] [comments]

    Why aren't their that much macOS updates?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 10:29 AM PDT

    Since 2 months i own a Macbook Pro.

    What i noticed is that their are not that much updates.

    At my old W10 laptop their was an update almost every 4-5 days.

    Is this normal? Since macOS mojave released i didnt get a new update.

    Im just curious, no hate :P

    submitted by /u/XxLuuk2015xX
    [link] [comments]

    I'm fairly happy with Mojave right now, but...

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 10:30 AM PDT

    ... the only thing that still bothers me is that on launching an app i feel that i' m working on a Windows PC with a very slow anti-virus program installed.

    Does Mojave do any scanning of a file before it launches an app? It takes my Mac a long time (several seconds) to actually launch an app. Several seconds longer than normal in which the Mac doesn't "do" anything, apparently. Feels just like these old on-access scanning anti-virus software programs on Windows.

    submitted by /u/Toontje
    [link] [comments]

    Another Hyperdock issue with Mojave

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 06:25 AM PDT

    Super bummed out!

    My previous App Store version of Hyperdock wasn't working, so I went ahead and bought another copy through the website. Made sure that the Security settings allowed it to make changes, etc.

    Whenever I download Hyperdock, it only allows me to install a Hyperdock.prefpane. Hyperdock is not visible in my Applications folder and it doesn't work at all.

    Anyone have this issue and a hopeful fix?

    submitted by /u/panzershark
    [link] [comments]

    How's macOS Mojave performance on MacBook Pro 15" 2017

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 08:53 AM PDT

    Read few thread here that macOS mojave is laggy, shi*ty battery life etc. Is mojave worth upgrade? Currently on 10.13.6

    submitted by /u/SexyDSLR
    [link] [comments]

    Recover files from external SSD (APFS)

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 07:44 AM PDT

    I deleted some text files and images from my external SSD (APFS format, no encryption).

    I also emptied the trash (i guess).

    Is there an easy way to recover this files?

    submitted by /u/ninja063
    [link] [comments]

    Error -5342?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 06:19 AM PDT

    Yesterday I rebooted my MacBook Pro 2015 with Sierra After login the screen was flashing for 1 second showing the stuck bootload progress bar, then 10 seconds of black screen and on and on. I tried the usual methods but nothing worked. Disk utility did nothing except that on reboot I got to the screen with no parking icon. Then to folder with question mark. I booted on external drive with Mojave and disk fix does nothing, I was able to backup my data. The SSD drive is APFS. Now when I try to restore disk to another external drive I get OSStatus error -5342 Have not found any reference about this online. Any idea?

    submitted by /u/shoreditchsnake
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel