• Breaking News

    Friday, October 19, 2018

    iPhone New App Discovery Thread for October 19, 2018

    iPhone New App Discovery Thread for October 19, 2018


    New App Discovery Thread for October 19, 2018

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 06:32 AM PDT

    Welcome to our weekly stickied App thread! This is a new idea so please feel free to offer your feedback about this thread or the subreddit in general in the comments. As usual if you have a serious issue with the subreddit please contact the moderators directly.

    This thread is intended to help members of the /r/iphone community get informed about new apps that are out there. App developers may also use this thread to make users aware that their new app exists.

    Please sort comments by 'new' to find questions/information that would otherwise be buried.

    In this thread you can ask any iOS app related question that you may have. Anyone may offer advice on any issue.

    Two examples of potential questions could be; "How do I learn to code an app?", or "How is app pricing determined?"

    Developers, please include as much information about your app as possible, including size, price, release info, and anything else people request.

    Finally, please stick to reddiquette and keep your comments on topic and substantive. Thanks for participating.

    Ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Found them all, total is 370 completely different Apple Logos.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 02:55 AM PDT

    English version of iPhone XR commercial.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 01:52 AM PDT

    How to make a decision

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 04:54 AM PDT

    1. Look up the comparisons between devices at Apple.com or GSM Arena.

    2. Make a weighted pros-cons list and choose a winner. Here's a template.

    3. ????

    4. Profit because you made a decision all by yourself and didn't ask randoms on the internet to guess what you want.

    submitted by /u/mrmattolsen
    [link] [comments]

    Siri should respond at the same volume you speak to her.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 07:25 AM PDT

    If I'm whispering I don't want Siri to respond at full volume. If I'm shouting and there's a lot of background noise, I'll need Siri to be louder in order to hear her (granted she has a written response too)

    submitted by /u/dz-digital-tech
    [link] [comments]

    Everything led up to this point!

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 12:08 PM PDT

    Now at 48 different Apple Logos, who knows how many more is left.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 11:42 AM PDT

    iPhone XS Camera takes on Fleet Week: “The ability of this camera to capture an extraordinary range of light is mind-blowing”

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 09:38 AM PDT

    Comparing an iPhone 8 and an iPhone XS side by side was something

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 11:05 AM PDT

    I was in BestBuy and just opened the Watch app on both of them. I've always heard OLED screens look nice, but I really didn't expect that much of a noticeable difference. The OLED screen makes the iPhone 8 screen look cheap when most of the screen is black. Can't wait till OLED becomes the new LED and we get an even more advanced screen.

    submitted by /u/Spails
    [link] [comments]

    Is there not going to be any Apple Leather cases for the XR?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 01:17 AM PDT

    Wouldn't they already be on sale by now?

    submitted by /u/memesaucyness
    [link] [comments]

    “Family”

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 01:47 PM PDT

    Iphone lost. How to block it? Don’t have access to iphone.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 06:41 AM PDT

    Not sure how long this has been a feature but I’ve never seen it. Pretty cool.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 10:23 AM PDT

    Trying to archive iOS 11 backup on Windows

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 10:17 AM PDT

    I'm not sure how to archive my iOS 11 backup on Windows through iTunes. I've tried ctrl-clicking the backup and right clicking, but no pop up shows. I also tried copying the backup but I get no prompt to do so. Upon further research, the ctrl-click only works for mac, so i'm lost.

    My bad for the long post, just need some help.

    submitted by /u/Prophet_Sholan
    [link] [comments]

    Switched back to my old SE from my X

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 07:20 AM PDT

    Been using the X for several months now. Great phone. Nice screen. Yet...

    Been missing the heck out of my iPhone SE. So I've decided to switch back. I must say, I really like the design of the phone. The small form factor is still the biggest draw for me.

    Didn't actually take long to get used to Touch ID. Surprising, it everything still feels very intuitive and easy to use. It's also still plenty fast for my needs.

    Still keeping the X around for when the SE at some point stops getting updates. Super bummed that we're not getting an SE2 or XSE

    submitted by /u/mProV187
    [link] [comments]

    Cases for iPhone XS

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 08:28 AM PDT

    Are there any cases that are actually designed for the XS and not just X cases passed off as being XS cases?

    submitted by /u/RasKunt
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone Xr Commercial uploaded to Apple Japan.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 10:55 AM PDT

    The ‘be right back’ apple store animation would be a cool boot up animation.

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 10:32 PM PDT

    A few things I’ve noticed about the XR

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 05:57 PM PDT

    I'm not sure if anyone can corroborate, this is from what I've seen around the previews that were up today.

    -The XR only seems to support portrait mode for people, not regular objects. I'm assuming the A12 chip makes certain distinctions for a person and then applies the blur using ML/AI.

    -This allows wide-angle portrait photos though, which isn't possible on the X/XS/8+/7+ due to the lack of of the telephoto camera

    -No 2X zoom for the reason above

    -With that being said, the XR does not support stage lightning, or the stage light mono Portrait Lighting effects on the back camera. This makes sense as there's no second camera that can detect 3D space and separate the foreground from the background.

    -These 2 effects are supported on the front camera though.

    -Having discussed the lack of a telephoto camera. It doesn't seem like the XR will support the Depth API, so apps like Focos presumably won't be able to edit/remove blur (ex. the camera captures an area of the photo that wasn't intended to be blurred.)

    -Haptic Touch only works on the lock screen when triggering flash light/camera. It does not seem to do anything else system wide. No home screen quick actions or peek and pop. Everything that's triggered through 3D Touch will just be a deep press. Bear in mind this means holding the screen for some time, which will be speedier using 3D Touch as a supported phone doesn't have to determine if it's a long press or not.

    -The TrueDepth system is the same as the XS, which is the same as the X, but you'll probably get the speedier unlock speeds similar to the XS due to the A12 chip.

    -Will ship with iOS 12.1

    -Supports 60fps 1080p capture on the front camera, possible only with XR and XS

    -Has the power reserve feature (XS) for express cards (tap an NFC point event when phone is off or out of battery

    These are some of the things I could notice with the footage released this morning. Obviously some of these things are true and some I offered my own opinion, but if you noticed any little things comment below. I think this might make it easier to choose for those who are undecided on the XR.

    Edited to add a couple of things I noticed as well as clear up some explanations

    submitted by /u/summeralien
    [link] [comments]

    Updating apple store app

    Posted: 18 Oct 2018 05:50 PM PDT

    iPhone Xs Max: An Ergonomic Review

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 05:21 AM PDT

    I upgraded from an iPhone 8 to an iPhone Xs Max 48 hours ago as I was having difficulty typing all day on the smaller phone (essentially getting RSI in my thumbs and making frequent mistakes - I text a LOT for work as a doctor, upwards of 300/shift).

    I'm 6-foot tall with even bigger hands than you would expect for my height and thus thought the multiple reviews talking about the sheer size of the phone and the difficulties this posed in everyday use wouldn't be as big a deal for me. I tried out the phone (connected to the security device) in store and was able to comfortably do all the gestures one-handed with a very slight slide of the phone up and down in my hand. I was wrong, however, about how much the phone size would affect me.

    Whilst I am writing this review after only 48 hours and can reasonably expect that I will get used to some of these issues, I also think others should be aware of some of the below in case they are making a decision to purchase a phone soon.

    The phone is markedly heavier than any I've used before, and that includes having a full Bellroy 3-card wallet case on my iPhone 8 and only an Apple Leather Case on my Xs Max. This puts considerable strain on my elbows and wrists when using the phone, particularly when sitting up in bed. Also, because the keyboard is even closer to the edges than an iPhone 8, I'm still having the same RSI thumb issues as before - I'm considering a swipe keyboard to overcome this but am not sold on any due to the privacy concerns (particularly with Gboard).

    TL;DR: the Xs Max is big and heavy, and even with large hands may put strain on/fatigue your upper arms. Typing is definitely better than iPhone 6-8 but not perfect ergonomically.

    PS: I'm still going to keep my new phone because gesture support is grand, I am willing to give it time for my upper arms to get used to using it, and most importantly the screen is far better than any iPhone I've previously owned and worth all the other issues.

    submitted by /u/harshanjey
    [link] [comments]

    No iPhone XR Cases by Apple?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 02:18 AM PDT

    Soooo did I miss something or are there no iPhone XR Cases made by Apple? I can't seem to find them on the page.

    submitted by /u/the-mad-guy-xd
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone use the Pixel 18W adapter to charge the iPhone Xs or X?

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 05:02 AM PDT

    I want to buy a fast charge adapter for my iPhone Xs. Can I go with Pixel adapter?

    submitted by /u/Akshay_Prasad
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Has anyone dealt with an online return/refund process through a carrier? No refund after 16 days.

    Posted: 19 Oct 2018 08:36 AM PDT

    I returned my iPhone to Boost Mobile on 10/04 and I figured it really wouldn't take that long. Well here I am on 10/19/18 and still no refund. This is like $950 and it feels like it's been an eternity really because of the way the weekends have fallen. I simply returned because I knew I made a mistake and needed a 256gb but they didn't have any at that time. It says 7-14 business days to refund, well true it's been 11 business days. I'm just really irritated that they won't provide me any information like they're mindless fools working their customer service reading a script. Like I ask logical questions like has it been processed? Am I waiting on the credit card company or am I waiting on you guys to push a button? Since I haven't received any sort of acceptance email from them, I have totally low faith in them actually refunding me by the 24th. I'll definitely file a dispute with my credit card company on that day and get my money back somehow.

    submitted by /u/Dimplickzing
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel