• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 23, 2018

    iPad Kuo: New iPad Mini Coming as Soon as Next Week's Event

    iPad Kuo: New iPad Mini Coming as Soon as Next Week's Event


    Kuo: New iPad Mini Coming as Soon as Next Week's Event

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:42 AM PDT

    Best note taking app for use with iPad and Mac

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 02:11 AM PDT

    I've been using One Note for a week now and I found that it's infinite canvas was really hard to hand write notes with and a struggle to print. The only good thing was how easily I could access and type my notes using a laptop and how easy it was to copy and paste images from PDFs/PowerPoints into the file (which automatically synced onto my IPAD). Does anyone know if there are any good apps that achieve similar functions except with a limited canvas?

    submitted by /u/lunarnightowl
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for choosing an iPad

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:08 AM PDT

    I'm interested in getting an iPad to supplement, not replace, my PC. I will mainly use it for studying (writing notes), viewing textbook pdfs, language learning and watching videos (with the occassional game of CIV VI!). Obviously as a student, it would be nice to save money, but if its worth the investment to get a better one then I will. So I'm struggling to decide between the:

    • iPad Pro 12.9" First Generation - I'm able to get a second hand one with an Apple Pencil, 32GB, for £450
    • iPad 2018 - around £300, screen may be too small?
    • iPad Pro 10.5"/12.9" Second Gen
    • or wait for the new ones to be announced in a few days - it may be an overkill for studying, however

    I'm also unsure on the screen size if I do go for the iPad Pro. 12.9" sounds very useful for studying, put I feel it'll be less portable than the 10.5".

    submitted by /u/Fonzworthy
    [link] [comments]

    remapping fn and control keys on an ipad keyboard?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:28 AM PDT

    I'm a digital artist coming from windows, looking into keyboard options to use with the ipad, however they all seem have the fn key right at the edge of the keyboard where my muscle memory wants ctrl to be – is it possible to remap it and switch the fn and control keys over? or do i just have to get used to it :')

    submitted by /u/ringlov
    [link] [comments]

    i lost my apple pencil today, should i buy a new one now or wait till the announcement?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 03:59 AM PDT

    will the apple pencil 2 have upgrades that are worth it for me to wait a week without a stylus to annotate stuff with? (i use my ipad for school)

    submitted by /u/tae_8ever
    [link] [comments]

    Copying text from Apple Notes to Notability

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 05:40 AM PDT

    Someone know How Can I copy text from the native iOS Notes app to Notability?

    I have tried but the text was copy as an image. And I want just normal text.

    submitted by /u/Wallker21
    [link] [comments]

    How to delete "other" memory on iPad mini 2?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 01:47 AM PDT

    I've tried searching this and it seems that the consensus is to backup the iPad and then restore it to get rid of the "other" memory, however I tried that and it's still full of "other" memory. Below is the information in case it helps.

    Model: iPad mini 2 Software 11.4 iPad Storage: 15.7 GB of 16 GB Used (More than half used by Other). The largest part is texts and that's about 2 GB and system shows about 1.5 GB.

    I have deleted the internet history, cookies, etc. I have backed it up and restored it and the Other memory still remains. It will be used during a 10 hour flight tomorrow so trying to make room for some tv shows and movies.

    Hoping someone will be able to help a lovely couple out! Thanks in advance!

    Model:

    submitted by /u/napoleonpp
    [link] [comments]

    Where can I get me some anime case for my ipad 2018 version?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 12:24 PM PDT

    dragon ball z, hero academia, final fantasy, etc.

    submitted by /u/SinsKiva
    [link] [comments]

    Latest from KGI : newly designed Apple Pencil for the updated iPad Pros with USB C port and better displays. Possibly a low budget iPad mini 5 with no major redesign is to be released as soon as this event.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 12:07 PM PDT

    Best Textbook PDF Annotator + Blank Page insertion App

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 11:27 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    Currently a student and was wondering if any one has suggestions for a PDF annotator + Blank Page insertion app

    Ideally with these features

    • PDF Annotation
    • Blank Page insertion in PDF (think: sticking a page of notes inside a textbook)
    • Quick Access bar for different pens, highlighters, eraser, inserting blank pages
    • Saves annotations as PDF (or some other commonly available format, not app proprietary ) so I am able to view it on my Windows PC

    Willing to pay for the app if the there is a (near) perfect match to my needs.

    I've considered Flexcil, but no blank page insertion. It has a notebook feature, but there's not an easy way to tag notes with the section of the PDF the notes was based off of. The notes are also saved in Flexcil proprietary format.

    The closest match I've found so far is Drawboard PDF, but it's only for Windows devices.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/alexander255110
    [link] [comments]

    Did Runescape just leak the new iPad?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 11:00 AM PDT

    Ipad ambient light sensor

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:58 AM PDT

    Just got the 2018 model today.Extremely happy as there was no yellow tint. But happiness was short lived .I think my ipad has a defective ambient sensor. I turned it on but the damn thing wont work.It stays dim under sunlight. Reset settings still nada. is this a common issue or what ?

    submitted by /u/DesolateFonta
    [link] [comments]

    Weird problem with the screen of my iPad Air 2. Please help.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:55 AM PDT

    So my Ipad Air 2 started to act weird. The colors are weird, but not every color. Maybe the darker colors. It seems like the colors are glitched. Red and blue is this pinkish color, but not everywhere. When I turn it on, the whole screen is gray instead of black. If I leave something open for a couple of minutes, the picture burns into the screen and it fades away in some time. Please help Im getting desperate I already reinstalled but the problems still there. :(

    submitted by /u/throwawaysziget987
    [link] [comments]

    New "iPad Pro X" as external display

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:34 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I've never posted to this forum and haven't been on it much but I feel like this would be the best place to ask. The new iPad is rumored to have a new USB-C port and a significantly better processor. That combined with the excellent display offered on the current iPad Pro (which would probably be upgraded for the next gen) makes me wonder if it could be used an external display for a gaming console (Xbox One X).

    I see plenty of people using older generations as external displays for their Macs and PCs but not a direct connection between gaming console and iPad. I currently have an El Gato HD 60S that I could connect via USB-C to USB-C but I don't think that would work since it used El Gato's proprietary DVR software to run on Mac or PC. What I would like to do is have a direct connection between iPad and the console but don't know of any software that would basically run the iPad as a display like a monitor or TV.

    Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/limitedslip136
    [link] [comments]

    MyScriptNebo vs MyScript Calc 2

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:47 AM PDT

    After using notability at uni for a month I've decided to try out other note taking apps. I am wondering how the maths calculation varies between the two apps, and whether it's worth buying the ios bundle. I also still own the MyScriptCalc original version.

    submitted by /u/Grespino
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to draw over short video clips, with basic animation effects

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 11:44 PM PDT

    Using an iPad pro and an Apple Pencil. Want to get more use out of the power of these bad boys.

    Closest thing I could find was this, has anyone tried it? Animation Pro by Stephen Keenhttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/animation-pro/id1098505288?mt=8

    submitted by /u/MizzouDude
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad for taking notes in University

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 09:21 AM PDT

    I need an Ipad to take notes and making powerpoint presentations in my university, but I am confused as to whether I should buy an Ipad 2018 9.7" or Ipad pro 10.5". I realize that the pro version is certainly better, but is also double the price, and Money is not surplus at the moment.

    So is Ipad pro worth the money or will I be fine with Ipad 2018? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/momschickencurry
    [link] [comments]

    How does preorders work for new releases after events?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 11:15 PM PDT

    Planning on getting the new iPad Pro (was gonna go for the older version but I think I have changed my mind as the new one will last me longer).

    I've never bought any apple products on release and was wondering how preordering works for things like the iPad? Is it online or do you need to queue in stores like you see on TV? Will it be hard to preorder if it's popular?

    Sorry if those are dumb questions, I just want to be prepared!

    submitted by /u/indiebuster
    [link] [comments]

    Bluetooth keeps turning itself back on?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:39 AM PDT

    Hey guys, I recently got a bluetooth speaker I like to use in the bathroom during my morning routine. I dont use it everyday so I turn off bluetooth when Im not using it. The problem Is, my Ipad wont leave bt off. It will connect to the speaker without asking, this is anoying to me because Ill pick up my ipad and try to watch a video and sound starts coming from the other room instead of my ipad. It also seems to drain the battery. Normally I only have to charge it about once a week, but with bt on it shaves about three days off my battery life.

    Anyone got a clue on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/lilelmoes
    [link] [comments]

    Best Keyboard+Stylus combo for 2018 9.7" Ipad?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 11:04 PM PDT

    So I just got a pretty sweet deal for the 2018 9.7" Ipad from my bank for $200 and I'm trying to figure out which keyboard and stylus should I get to pair with my new ipad for taking notes. I just need a bluetooth keyboard that can cover the screen and be leveraged as a stand (like the smartcase as I'm gonna slap a skin on the back); and for the stylus, something usable, but not ridiculously priced as the apple pen. Any help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/thecopypastamaster
    [link] [comments]

    What is your favorite planner app on the iPad? I can’t seem to find one that I stick with long term.

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 05:12 PM PDT

    External HDD to iPad question - austere environment

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 09:38 PM PDT

    Hey guys, gonna be deploying overseas soon with questionable access to WiFi, power should be good... I have an iPad Air 2 running iOS 12.0.1 I'm trying to load up with movies/shows from a 2TB external hard drive. I also have a lightning to USB cable that lets me charge while the HDD is connected, but I can't seem to get access to the files on the hard drive. Any help/suggestions?

    submitted by /u/Star_Couch
    [link] [comments]

    Apple October iPad Event Announced! - There's More in the Making

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:58 AM PDT

    Question about Apple events

    Posted: 22 Oct 2018 02:22 PM PDT

    How long after an Apple event can you typically buy the newly released products? Day after? Week after? Month after?

    submitted by /u/carlito_burrito
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel