• Breaking News

    Wednesday, October 31, 2018

    Apple Watch watchOS 5.1 Bug & Features Megathread

    Apple Watch watchOS 5.1 Bug & Features Megathread


    watchOS 5.1 Bug & Features Megathread

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 10:43 AM PDT

    - Apple Watch Series 4 automatically contacts emergency services if you are immobile for about a minute after detecting a hard fall. The watch will also now play a message that informs the responder that the Apple Watch has detected a fall and shares your location coordinates when possible.
    - Fixes an issue that could cause an incomplete installation of the Walkie-Talkie app for some users.
    - Resolves an issue that prevented some users from being able to send or receive invitations on Walkie-Talkie
    - Addresses an issue where some previously warned Activity awards were not showing in the Awards tab of the Activity app for some users.

    THERE ARE REPORTS THAT THE UPDATE IS BRICKING WATCHES, AVOID UPDATING UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

    submitted by /u/Aarondo99
    [link] [comments]

    My Dad 3D printed this Apple Watch charging stand for me

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 06:20 PM PDT

    Gold SS watch with black apple Milanese loop

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 05:13 AM PDT

    Apple has pulled watchOS 5.1

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 06:18 PM PDT

    Apple Releases watchOS 5.1 With New Color Watch Faces and Updated Emoji

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 10:13 AM PDT

    Brick Replacement - For those with 5.1 bricked S4 it may be worth talking to Apple customer relations over support. They were able to have my month old brick replaced at the local store this morning. New Nike + in hand now.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 07:08 AM PDT

    Who else does the smeared-screen back rub?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 03:10 AM PDT

    Arm behind your back to clean the screen on your clothes.

    On a side note; anybody got any fancy ways of keeping their screens from getting greasy?

    submitted by /u/Seaniau
    [link] [comments]

    S4...The Day From Hell

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 06:10 AM PDT

    My S4 Nike 44mm was bricked by the Watch OS 5.1 update around 7 am. After the initial grief of losing one of my favourite Apple devices I was back in the happy glow of Apple fandom after my local Apple Store did a retail exchange on a new watch.

    Unfortunately I got the watch home to find they have given me the wrong band. So back to the store, issued new watch with correct band. Third unboxing but my thinking is that this has only taken a couple of hours but has ended well.

    Then I tried to reconnect via cellular, unfortunately this proved no go for Telstra in Australia. Seemingly there was an issue introduced because I wasn't able to unpair from the old watch. After an hour on the phone trying to resolve the issue it was back to the Apple Store and then onto a Telstra store in the same shopping complex. We finally figured the best course of action was to delete the watch cellular account and reactivate the account via the new watch. Hooray, success.

    Not long after I got my watch functioning I got a message from the wife saying her watch is not charging. She is still on IOS 5.01. We have now tried 5 different chargers. The watch gets warm but will not recharge. So it is back to the Apple Store tomorrow.

    submitted by /u/oldsalt671
    [link] [comments]

    I will not miss you big red dot.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 02:08 PM PDT

    Update 5.1 battery

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 06:25 AM PDT

    Is the battery dying quicker with this new update? Thank goodness mine didn't get bricked. But usually by the time i get to work my battery is still sitting around 99-100% . Im at 85% and its only 930am

    submitted by /u/josee2486
    [link] [comments]

    watchOS 5.1 is worth it just for this

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 12:39 PM PDT

    watchOS 5.1 bricking watches

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 04:53 PM PDT

    We definitely need a Nebula theme for the apple watches don’t we?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 04:21 AM PDT

    Got it on launch day in Hamburg and i love it❤️

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 04:18 AM PDT

    Strange, the date won’t update unless I unlock. I mean, I get hiding the rest of the data, but the date?!?!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 06:57 AM PDT

    not sure if bricked s4 with 5.1

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 12:01 PM PDT

    I tried updating my s4 to 5.1. After it successfully downloaded the update it started installing. That was almost an hour ago, its still in the dock and it permantently shows the apple logo. Will it come back again? How long can it take?

    edit: ok since this took now almost two hours, I went ahead and took the watch off the charger, restarted watch (by pressing crown+button) and phone. didn´t help, still the same result - white apple all the way.

    the phone updated to 12.1 just fine. I´ll give it maybe an other 30min then try to un-/repair it.

    edit2: tried unpairing it, that yielded an error that the unpair was not successful. still the watch is gone from the app, but, guess what, won´t pair again. it just gives me the apple.

    submitted by /u/stargazer666
    [link] [comments]

    [PSA] If WatchOS bricked your Series 4, you can turn off the screen to prevent burn-in

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 07:55 AM PDT

    Press and hold the crown and side button until the Apple logo turns off once, comes back on, then turns off again. After the second disappearance, the screen and watch will remain off.

    submitted by /u/yourdamncroissants
    [link] [comments]

    Guys DONT UPDATE 5.1 Killed my S4 Apple on the case.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 12:45 PM PDT

    I think my S4 has greatly overestimated my abilities.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 08:22 PM PDT

    watchOS 5.1 Update Disaster

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 02:59 PM PDT

    Holy crap... left my iPhone Xs and S4 watch on their chargers so the watch could update. 1 hour later, the watch is stuck on the Apple logo. I contact Apple Support, they think that it might be because I was on the 12.1 beta on my iPhone. Wish there were some warnings not to try updating to 5.1 if you're on the beta! I've tried rebooting both devices several times, the watch is still stuck on the Apple logo. Now downloading the 12.1 non-beta release to install on my iPhone as per the advice of Apple Support, sure hope that works...

    submitted by /u/albynomonk
    [link] [comments]

    Cancel pending watchOS update

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 06:11 PM PDT

    I had downloaded the 5.1 update earlier today so it was queued up and ready to install whenever I put my watch on the charger. After seeing the reports about bricking, I obviously didn't want that to happen. The fix is very simple:

    Head to the Watch App > General > Usage section and you will see an item named "System Updates" that you can click on and then choose to delete.

    Figured others may need this info before putting a watch on a charger tonight.

    submitted by /u/ephraim909
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having this problem?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 05:39 AM PDT

    watchOS 5.1 released to public.

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 10:14 AM PDT

    AW4 - Space Gray or Silver Aluminum?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 02:55 AM PDT

    I've been an AW3 Space Gray user for the past year and would like to upgrade to AW4.

    I like Space Gray plus all my iPhones have always been the black/Space Gray ones.

    But suddenly I'm on the fence whether or not I should take a Silver Aluminum version this time around. Sometimes I get a little bit bored with the black (Space Gray) color and would like some change, but then again I seem to find the Silver Aluminum color looking kind of cheap as compared to Space Gray. (Obviously SS would be the sleekest option but it's out of the equation for me as it's too expensive).

    Unfortunately the nearest Apple Store is too far from me so I wouldn't be able to check the Silver watch in person.

    From the vids on YouTube the Silver AW4 looks quite good, but maybe it's because it's shot from good looking angles and in HD and whatnot... Or does AW4 also somehow look better because it's slightly flatter and bigger than AW3? Could you guys provide some Silver Aluminum pics from every day life to help me decide? I'm also worried that my watch bands wouldn't look good with Silver Aluminum - eg. dark blue sport bands and leather bands, volt/black Nike bands etc.?

    What are your opinions on this matter?

    submitted by /u/2k18_till_infinity
    [link] [comments]

    Not sure, but I think it’s Halloween in my notifications

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 04:52 AM PDT

    S4 Milanese loop magnet - not as good as I hoped for.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2018 07:57 AM PDT

    So I recently upgraded to a SS with Milanese loop. Previously I had an aluminium with a fake Milanese loop for 'dressing' it up.

    The reason for my post is that when I've been using my Milanese loop recently I have had to tighten it quite regularly. I don't remember having to do this with my fake one, now that might have been due to the reduce weight of the aluminium watch.

    Basically I'm asking regular SS Milanese loop wearers, do you have to adjust your watch every hour or so? I wore it to the football on Saturday and nearly lost the watch when my team scored!

    submitted by /u/Johnrosshunter
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel