• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 23, 2018

    Apple Help iOS 12.0.1 issues with screen time and health

    Apple Help iOS 12.0.1 issues with screen time and health


    iOS 12.0.1 issues with screen time and health

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 12:30 PM PDT

    I have an iPhone X and have iOS 12.0.1 and I've been having this weird issue where health says I've been walking in the middle of the night and my screen time says my phone is open all night on apps even though I know I'm sleeping and do not sleep walk. It's not a huge issue but I like the screen time feature but waking up to having it blocked already even though I wasn't even on my phone is annoying and throws off my weekly statistics, which I like viewing. I also use the health to estimate the amount of calories I burn walking and if it says I'm walking during the night even when I'm not, I'll obviously have too many steps for the day.

    submitted by /u/sicsicsickkk
    [link] [comments]

    Adding music from my iTunes to iPhone? Help?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 09:41 PM PDT

    On my MacBook, I've got tons of songs I want to transfer that aren't findable on Apple Music. Anytime I've transferred music, it's emptied my library of anything I downloaded from Apple Music, so now I've lost everything I've gotten and not transferred. Any advice, can I fix this?

    submitted by /u/Carcass1
    [link] [comments]

    how can I change the setting so I​ wouldn't​ need to hold keys for shortcuts?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 08:36 PM PDT

    What I mean is that I once saw someone who had no need to hold keys like command, option, control, or shift in combination with other keys to activate shortcuts. He only needed to press them once. don't know if I'm explaining it well, ill answer any questions you may have

    submitted by /u/AAAEA_
    [link] [comments]

    [FIXED] iPhone 6 Ridiculous Battery Drain on Standby/Powered Off

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:32 PM PDT

    My iPhone 6 decided to take a dip in the pool a couple weeks back. Dried out the phone, had it serviced/cleaned and then it was working perfectly fine...except the battery would drain 25% every 3 hours ON STANDBY, and even while *POWERED OFF. Turns out water shorted one of the circuits/capacitors and damaged the TRISTAR U2 IC (Integrated Circuit) which is linked to phone charging/power. A short circuit CAN be caused by a number of different reasons (faulty cable, socket voltage issues, etc.). Found solution and wanted to share because I noticed there are a lot of similar issues (unresolved) in various forums around the interwebs.

    \Tested this by charging the battery to 50%, turned it off and left it overnight (approximately 9 hours). The next morning, my phone wouldn't power on and plugged in the charger to find it was completely drained!*

    1. Update to iOS12 - surprisingly, my phone didn't lag as much as it did on iOS11/update improved overall phone performance. iOS12 also updates the "Battery Health" tab in General Settings and you'll see diagnostics for power usage: which apps drain the battery most, how much your battery has drained throughout the day, etc. PLUS, the settings also show BATTERY CAPACITY without having to use 3rd party apps and if your current battery capacity supports peak or regulated performance. This is great because then you can figure out if the problem is with your battery. Suggestion to replace your battery if it's below 70% capacity or if the settings indicate that peak performance can't be supported. This is how I found out that my battery was fine and didn't need replacing.
    2. Have your phone checked for a TRISTAR IC replacement or if any of the other integrated circuits were damaged due to a short.
    3. If your phone didn't go for a swim/has not been soaked or wet recently, probably check your cable or power brick if you think it caused a short. Or maybe check if there's a faulty socket in your house/office?
    submitted by /u/_ninasung
    [link] [comments]

    Replacing my HDD with an SSD. What should I do while I am in there?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 10:06 PM PDT

    I have a MacBook Pro Mid-2012 2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 and will be replacing the HDD with an SSD. I have purchased the Samsung 870 Evo 1TB and will be installing it myself.

    Is there any cleaning I should do while I am in there? Any install guides that you may recommend? Any thing I should be notified about?

    Also, I have yet to buy an external HDD and was looking at WD 2TB Elements. Any recommendations on an external HDD?

    submitted by /u/ecro1992
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Books Stuck on Downloading

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 12:39 PM PDT

    After updating my iPhone X to the new OS 12, I can no longer get Apple Books (iBooks) to download a book from my iCloud. It just sits for hours and won't give any options when tapping/clicking/holding down. I have full cellular signal and also am connected to wifi. This has started happening only since updating to the new iBooks. Does anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

    submitted by /u/andwesway
    [link] [comments]

    Flashing Question Mark Folder...

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 05:36 PM PDT

    Okay for starters here's what went down:

    Tried to update my MacBook Pro to High Sierra because it gave me the option

    During the installation it froze, so I hard reset it

    Now coming up with the flashing question mark folder

    Before this my keyboard didn't work and I'm using a USB keyboard

    ...please help

    submitted by /u/Tiredtotodile03
    [link] [comments]

    Faint/subtle horizontal white line on iPhone XS

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 09:02 PM PDT

    I see a very faint/subtle horizontal white line on my brand new iPhone XS when the screen is at its lowest on white backgrounds. It goes away once I turn the brightness up a little.

    submitted by /u/cookiedoh-
    [link] [comments]

    Gallery View bug in Mojave

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 08:51 PM PDT

    iPod Classic Bluetooth Question

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 08:13 PM PDT

    I have a iPod Classic 7th gen w/out Bluetooth capabilities. I was looking for a way to add some type of Bluetooth transmitter to the iPod, then add some type of Bluetooth receiver to the aux plug in my car (car does not currently have Bluetooth). Can't seem to figure out the logistics of how to do this and to set it up, as well as with which products. Has anyone tried to do something similar? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/WolfmanXII
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook fault HDD/cable

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 08:09 PM PDT

    Macbook recently gave me the white screen and question mark. Did my research and tried recovery, but no drive showed up when trying to format/reinstall. So I assumed the drive was dead. Ordered a SSD today to replace it and just installed it, but it's still not showing up in disk utility or OSX install.

    What further trouble shooting can I do to determine if it's the data cable or HDD? I've never dealt Macs before but I've built plenty of PCs before and dealt with windows laptops so the install was pretty straightforward to me. It's weird as I noticed my drive was getting a lot slower before it died so it made sense that the drive was dead (and I'd have random blackouts where I'd have to force restart). But now I'm not totally sure about that.

    Just for extra information, I landed on the Crucial MX500 250GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD. Wondering now if the SSD is the issue?

    Macbook Pro Model: A1278

    submitted by /u/theswellmaker
    [link] [comments]

    Girlfriend deleted CoreMediaIO folder and her webcam no longer works - Help!

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 02:09 PM PDT

    I'm not a mac user, so apologies for any poor terminology.

    In an attempt to delete a plugin, I think CamTwist? she followed instructions that removed CoreMediaIO entirely, via the terminal.

    Since then, she's been completely unable to use her webcam, which can't be a coincidence.

    We've tried using the Time Machine, but that got stuck on "searching", we gave up after about 15 minutes.

    And we've also downloaded a second AppleCamera.plugin and created the correct folder structure to no avail.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Nizzzzzzzzles
    [link] [comments]

    is there a place on reddit where people sell their official os x installer?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:19 PM PDT

    wanted to buy one discounted than the app store price

    submitted by /u/newLifeInternet
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro shutting off.

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:05 PM PDT

    I have a 2017 MBP running high Sierra. This problem has happened to me twice so far. I had an external hard drive plugged in with the battery at 90% after a minute of viewing files on the hard drive the Mac completely shut off. I hit the power button and the black screen with the charge icon came up. I unplugged the hard drive and tried to power on again with the same result as above. I then connected the MB to a power outlet and it turned on no problem with the battery still remaining at 90%. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/hugetipper
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 5S is literally unusable...

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 07:04 PM PDT

    Hi, a few months ago, my iPhone 5S started acting wierd out of the blue, touch screen wasn't working at times and screen goes dark, but now it became way worse, my phone goes completely black when I turn it on, and I can't see anything.

    My parents suggested replacing the phone with a newer model, but is that the only option and the only way around it?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/Devon28746
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft word not responding

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:41 PM PDT

    I've been working on a paper for about an hour and haven't saved, not exactly sure what I did but I accidentally clicked on something and got the cursed spinning rainbow wheel. Is there any way to get word to start responding again without force quitting or a way to save the progress I've made?

    submitted by /u/tannerk_2000
    [link] [comments]

    Unable to Install MacOS High Sierra on Late 2012 MacBook Pro

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:20 PM PDT

    I'm trying to update my late 2012 MacBook to an SSD because my Hard Drive died, I want to put a clean image on the machine.

    The SSD I chose was the ADATA SU800. I have a High Sierra Bootable install USB that I am using.

    I formatted the SSD as MacOS Extended (Journaled) with GUID. I was going through the install process and as soon as it hits the 2 minute remaining mark, the installation fails with "An Error occurred while preparing the installation. Try running this application again." I've looked and saw that a wrong system date/time can cause this issue to happen, so I went into terminal and verified and changed the date. However it is showing as UTC instead of EST; maybe this could be the problem? I verified that the correct UTC was put for the correlating EST.

    I imaged the SSD with High Sierra using an external drive caddy on my iMac and it was able to boot from it on the iMac, but when inserted into the MacBook, it shows the question mark folder icon. I figure this is because it's imaged to work with the iMac and not the MacBook.

    I tried running ⌘+R and the network recovery takes me to OSX Lions. When attempting to run OSX Lions install it does not show the drive at all in the select install disks or the Disk Utility.

    Part of me is wondering if the SSD is incompatible with the MacBook, or if I'm doing something wrong, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/Nyosty
    [link] [comments]

    Help changing password

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 06:19 PM PDT

    ( Solved )

    Today while I was at school someone from San

    Francisco was trying to log into my account ( I have two factor verification on ) when I try to change my password it will either ask me for my iPhone password till it never ends. So I went on the website to change it and my when I click "allow this phone to change password" I clicked allow and there were no instructions I can't change my password pls help

    submitted by /u/Hectqrr
    [link] [comments]

    Need to recover data (pictures, videos, etc) off of girlfriend's Macbook

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 05:16 PM PDT

    Titled says it all pretty much. For the last week or so, my girlfriend's mid 2012 13in MacBook Pro has been having a lot of problems. It started out with not being able to save anything. I used disk utility on it and it briefly fixed it for two days. Then the issues returned and has gotten exponentially worse. I'm convinced the hard drive is corrupted or failing. She has irreplaceable photos and videos on there that I would like to get off of it. Is it possible to still get them off with some other utilities? I got Kali Linux at my disposable, as well as a external drive I can use

    submitted by /u/zknight137
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music not working?

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 04:50 PM PDT

    Hi all, my phone recently came down with this unique problem: whenever I open Apple Music, a random amount of my songs would simply un-download themselves, and will not let me re-download them, sometimes not even letting me download new music. I tried to update to IOS 12.0.1, but it says I have "no space" despite having 5 GB left. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/md76_
    [link] [comments]

    my macbook pro’s touchbar won’t respond/change its settings to the youtube website

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 04:34 PM PDT

    i'm currently updating my computer to the recent mojave's update that just came in, so i don't know if this will end up fixing my issue BUT: i have a macbook pro 13 inch with touch bar and it's currently not giving me a playhead/scrubber for the videos i click on when i go into youtube. around 45 minutes ago i was using it fine and using the pop out window function that allows you to pop out the video and keep watching despite being in other applications, etc and now all of a sudden it isn't working. i've tried restarting my computer, restarting my browser, force quitting everything, and even going into the customizable touch bar settings and i'm still having the same issue. if anyone has gone through this and fixed it, please let me know. anything helps. i'm desperate to get it back because i'm unsure if this is something wrong with my computer or the ios and either way it's pretty bad.

    submitted by /u/calaveritaa
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 12 problems

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 02:14 AM PDT

    I've been having many problems with IOS 12 for a while now, whenever I play rhythm games (its not the games problem as it happens for all rhythm games) my iPad 6th gen and iPad air 2 have a tendency to get capped at 30-34fps temporarily and is extremely choppy, then after a hour or 2 it is completely fine and acts like nothin has happened, is anyone else experienced this or better yet know a solution?

    Edit: This also happened during ios 11

    submitted by /u/Rhalo70
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 4s LCD replacement

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 12:27 PM PDT

    I had broken the lcd on an IPhone 4s before as there are vertical lines of blue color when I attempt to turn it on. I would like to attempt to fix the phone using a kit. Reddit do you know about a good kit that I could use? My phone is CDMA I believe since the carrier is Sprint. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/roohoh
    [link] [comments]

    UI Hangups and Kernel Errors Abound

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 04:10 PM PDT

    Hi there,

    I'm having issues with UI hangups, particularly but not necessarily when doing relatively data-intensive things (streaming (esp in a hidden tab), gaming, etc.)

    The entire UI lags for 1-3 seconds, including the mouse tracking. As in, I move the mouse slightly, and the cursor lags before appearing across the screen in that direction.

    This also causes interruptions in my wifi connection. It will disconnect for seconds at a time during these activities (streaming, gaming) repeatedly, several times a minute.

    This state of things can last for several minutes before resolving, and as long as I avoid media, I don't really notice it.

    I attempted to resolve the wifi issue at least with a thunderbolt-ethernet adaptor, but that connection quickly suffers the same symptoms before disconnecting altogether.

    I have:

    MBPro Retina 13-inch Early 2015

    2.7 GHz intel Core i5

    8GB 1867 MHz DDR3

    Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

    macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

    After much googling I discovered Console and screen grabbed a group of errors that seem to occur at the time of the hangups. I've attached that image here:

    https://imgur.com/a/zWj5kn0

    Please let me know if there is any other info i should provide to get to the bottom of this. I've begun downloading Mojave in a desperate attempt to jump ship from high sierra in case that is the issue.

    Thanks in advance.

    EDIT:

    I've been working on this for a while tonight. One thing I discovered was to turn of transparency under Accessibility. This seems to have reduced the number of kernel faults substantially.

    However, the same issues are occurring, albeit less severely, and they seem to be associated with errors in "coreaudiod". Here's a new typical console report: https://imgur.com/a/ONa0Wiq

    I've tried resetting PRAM, that has had no further effect.

    submitted by /u/1024newteacher
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Recovery Key on an iOS 5 device

    Posted: 23 Oct 2018 04:09 PM PDT

    I dug out an ancient iPad gen 1 from storage and started using it as a music management center. So far it works great - but I'm getting stupidly frustrated over not being able to add the device to iCloud/Trusted devices.

    My iPad keeps asking for a recovery key for iCloud but I can't for the life of me figure out how to generate a new one. I guess Apple mucked around with the security settings in Mojave?

    Help? Please?

    submitted by /u/SammyGreen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel