• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 30, 2018

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 29]

    Apple Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 29]


    Daily Tech Support Thread - [October 29]

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 08:15 AM PDT

    Welcome to the daily Tech Support thread for /r/Apple.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Discord

    IRC

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience

    Here is an archive of all previous "Tech Support" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"Daily Tech Support Thread" author:"AutoModerator"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Apollo for Reddit removed from App Store over push notification implementation, despite guidance from Apple

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 01:21 PM PDT

    Apple releasing iOS 12.1 tomorrow with Group FaceTime, new emoji, more

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 01:33 PM PDT

    3D touching the volume slider in control center should reveal both the ringer and media volume sliders

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 09:01 PM PDT

    Apple Watch ECG will be limited by system region settings, can be changed to enable use outside US

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 05:25 AM PDT

    Jonathan Morrison proves yer again that people are more biased towards Android in a blind screen test. (iPhone Xr vs Pocophone F1)

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 01:47 PM PDT

    We get it, the iPhone XR screen is either great or it sucks depending on who you ask...

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 12:05 PM PDT

    Can we just stop making 50 different posts a day about it? (And yes, I realize this is post 51!).

    submitted by /u/sdsfsdfgsdgsdbhtgjnd
    [link] [comments]

    Halide camera app updated for iPhone XR, enables Portrait mode effects for pets and objects

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 12:09 PM PDT

    WSJ: Americans sticking with their old phones longer

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 08:36 AM PDT

    I wish apple would take advantage of Bluetooth 5.0 and allow you to playback audio on multiple devices simultaneously.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 08:14 PM PDT

    iOS 12.1 brings Group FaceTime and new emoji to iPhone and iPad

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 01:34 PM PDT

    Apple’s two-step security just saved me

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 09:24 PM PDT

    Apple's two-step verification just prevented someone in Hefei, China from logging in to my iCloud account! I immediately changed my password (decided to let Safari pick it), and am going through my other website accounts checking for any others with the same password. This is really scary, since I'm pretty sure in order to get that notification, they must have typed in the correct password.

    Thanks Apple, major disaster avoided

    submitted by /u/hard_wired
    [link] [comments]

    There have been no direct Mac leaks from Apple.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 06:04 AM PDT

    I hope they managed to surprise us with this event.

    submitted by /u/exploding_m1
    [link] [comments]

    I’m consistently amazed by how many people aren’t aware of the swipe from the left side of the screen to go back in iOS. What are some other cool features in iOS that you think people may not know about??

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 08:05 PM PDT

    How many of you actually use Safari over chrome or any other browser whether on iPhone or Mac?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 11:14 AM PDT

    I just started using safari on my iPhone from chrome and it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be. Slowly trying it on my Mac too. I think I'll get used to it though little things like some pages having lag/stutter ( only on Mac) when I swipe back is a bit annoying and not being able to use Adblock is also somewhat of a downside ( anyways more power to the creators who rely on ads, I'll get used to this too) .The web page handoff feature between iPhone and Mac , better battery management, key chain integration and the dark mode integration with Mojave are some things I found very appealing, convenient.

    Edit: I've just observed that videos on YouTube are capped at 1080p resolution. Is this usual or just my issue?

    submitted by /u/IcyBeginning
    [link] [comments]

    Post-mortem: MRI disables every iOS device in facility (x-post r/sysadmin)

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 05:47 PM PDT

    Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Co-founds Blockchain Investment Firm

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 02:17 AM PDT

    High school students allegedly working illegally on Apple Watch production line, Apple investigates

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 06:12 AM PDT

    Just learned a Mac OS Calendar shortcut that's been around over 10 years I wish I had known all this time!

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 02:20 PM PDT

    I use Calendars - a LOT. I have 12 calendars in my list and am often toggling different ones on and off. I JUST LEARNED today that I can use 'Ctrl-Cmd-Click' on one calendar's checkbox to hide all other calendars. Thanks Macworld hints! http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20050202224455718

    submitted by /u/deekster_caddy
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Mini imagined in sleek space gray ahead of launch.

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 09:19 PM PDT

    The Next-Gen Apple Pencil Debuting Tomorrow may Pack a few Interesting new Features

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 10:26 AM PDT

    On my 8th headphone dongle replacement. Least reliable Apple product of all time?

    Posted: 30 Oct 2018 01:38 AM PDT

    Since I bought my iPhone 7, I have had the headphone adaptor replaced 7 times, 4 times on the original warranty, one purchased replacement and 2 more on this replacement. Going for the 8th now.

    I don't do anything special: I have my phone in my jeans side pocket, adaptor sticking out and running to Bose QC25s. I walk about 80 minutes to work and back, 5 days a week.

    I now have a Bluetooth adaptor for the QCs I bought about 6 months, but that is also being replaced right now on warranty(!). I started using the adaptor again last week and after 5 days it basically failed - reduced to static.

    With every replacement Apple has tested the unit, admitted fault and replaced it on the spot. No complaints there, but this thing is so badly made!

    I can't be the only one!

    submitted by /u/Camarupim
    [link] [comments]

    How Final Cut Pro Went OFF THE TRACKS - scenes from the new documentary on FCPX, its rocky start and intuitive approach to video editing (in conversation with the director Brad Olsen)

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 03:01 PM PDT

    Watch scenes here: How Final Cut Pro Went OFF THE TRACKS

    Brad Olsen's new FCPX-doc "Off The Tracks"" covers the tumultuous and controversial launch by Apple that led to radical change.

    submitted by /u/KneeJerkReaneou
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Group FaceTime video calls not supported on select older iPhones & iPads

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 09:18 AM PDT

    Bloomberg taking a stab at Apple for getting snubbed from today’s event?

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 11:10 PM PDT

    TIL That if you don't like Spotlight's top suggestion (macOS), you can train it to offer alternatives

    Posted: 29 Oct 2018 10:02 AM PDT

    Spotlight has been driving me mad lately. I type "Saf" and it offers Safari, but typing "Safa" offers Safari Technology Preview. I was about to switch to Alfred when a coworker pointed out that if I type "Safa" and manually select Safari from the dropdown a couple times, it learns and stops offering alternatives.

    Hopefully this saves someone else the headache I was having.

    submitted by /u/ink_golem
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel