• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 6, 2018

    macOS Do i need a antivirus or like malwarebytes for macOS? if so what are some that you guys recommend

    macOS Do i need a antivirus or like malwarebytes for macOS? if so what are some that you guys recommend


    Do i need a antivirus or like malwarebytes for macOS? if so what are some that you guys recommend

    Posted: 06 May 2018 12:41 AM PDT

    So, my macbook pro 2017 non touchbar just start glitching out and all the words in the menu bar slowly started dissappearing, which made me think whether I should download an antivirus to check on it, havent downloaded any suspicious stuff, and quick reboot with the power button seemed to solve it but just asking just in case

    submitted by /u/pillowduster
    [link] [comments]

    MBA A1466 hangs while trying to add security update 2018-001 with pointer in upper left of external monitor.

    Posted: 05 May 2018 09:43 PM PDT

    Update Broke Dictionary Widget

    Posted: 05 May 2018 08:44 AM PDT

    I tried installing windows 8.1 on boot camp, anybody know what this thing is? It shows up still after I took out the 8.1 installer so I could use regular OS X.

    Posted: 05 May 2018 04:04 PM PDT

    Can somebody benchmark a Radeon Pro 570 on Unigine Heaven?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 09:44 PM PDT

    It's the GPU that comes with the Base iMac 5K Model (2017), you can download the program here https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven I already did A LOT of research in Google and other pages but I can't find anything.

    submitted by /u/pipo24
    [link] [comments]

    10.8.5 to 10.13.4

    Posted: 05 May 2018 10:13 AM PDT

    Not Apply savvy here -- I bought my first MB Pro back in 2012(ish) and never upgraded the OS. When the Mavericks OS was available I read a negative review for it and, with tunnel vision, never looked back. Now, I'm at a point where a number of my applications won't work, a number of websites will not load, and some applications won't even download because of what I'm still running.

    So, I'm thinking about making the jump. Aside from backing up all of my data, is there anything I should be concerned about given the jump is more of a six-year leap? I'm wondering if it's going to slow down my Mac or clog up my hard drive. Any help is appreciated, I understand this is probably a pretty basic question.

    submitted by /u/GrandMaesterYoda
    [link] [comments]

    Osx froze during bootcamp installation, now a problem has risen, how did I manage to do this?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 11:59 AM PDT

    I was following this simple guide on how to uninstall windows via bootcamp https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jy7McSE_NfI as I was doing this my OSX froze, only the mouse cursor kept on working, so I shut my Macbook lid and a few minutes later opened it again to find it stuck in the login screen with only a progress bar, waited some 20 minutes and nothing so I shut it down and turned it on pressing the option key, as I did that I was presented with only one partition (Macintosh), the windows one was gone, so so far it was a success. However as I booted it up I find that my previously 120G macbook pro only has 80GB of storage now, so instead of uninstalling windows and unifying everything under a single disk it uninstalled windows but also made 40GB of space vanish.

    Here's what happens when I start up my macbook and don't press my option key, and my total storage: https://imgur.com/a/vgb07AI And here's my disk partition: https://imgur.com/a/1S5qqrT

    I tried to reinstall it with internet recovery but got the same thing https://imgur.com/a/1oLTflT

    submitted by /u/heytothemorningsun
    [link] [comments]

    Finding owner of Mac formatted USB Stick possible?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 01:36 PM PDT

    My sis found a USB Stick in a bus and it appears to be formatted (or at least was plugged into) a Mac once. It has all the typical hidden folders from a Mac on it, however it's FAT32 and not the usual Mac format.

    I'm more of a Windows guy so I don't know anything about those metafiles, but is it somehow possible to find a username or E-Mail stored in those files to maybe find the owner and give it back to him? There are no files other than some music on it sadly.

    Hidden folders are .fseventsd, .Spotlight-V100, .Trashes and a file called ._.Trashes

    Thanks already for your help :)

    submitted by /u/EpicLPer
    [link] [comments]

    Setfile

    Posted: 05 May 2018 07:09 AM PDT

    I'm trying to use setfile to change incorrect creation dates of some videos. Usually it's not an issue, but today it seems to be. My statement seems fine

    setfile -d "06/09/2017 5:30:00" 2017-06-05-293.m4v

    Instead of doing anything, I'm presented a prompt like this, > From there you can't do anything except escape it with ctrl-c.

    submitted by /u/TheUsher
    [link] [comments]

    Best method on fixing a MacBook Pro 11’ that loads progress bar after logging in but doesn’t jump into desktop ?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 06:18 AM PDT

    This problem happened right after I updated two apps in the AppStore. Lastly, I noticed my iMessage account didn't have my iCloud info signed in and I wasn't able to after attempts. iMessage kept saying unknown error while trying to sign in. I restarting my MacBook after that and now it only loads the progress bar. I tried disk utility and repaired my hd multiple times and I tried installing a new copy of macOS. Right now I unplugged the battery and I'm going to try again. Is there something else I can do? Can I use terminal and remove those two AppStore updates if possible? Also can I empty the trash from terminal from that safe mode environment?

    TIA

    Also, is the discord for this sub active? Can someone invite me?

    submitted by /u/Kosmic-Halo
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air Dock USB 3.0 to HDMI monitor slow and laggy fix?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 05:56 AM PDT

    I have a landing zone dock that allows for the MacBook Air to have two external monitors, one through thunderbolt to HDMI and one from USB 3.0 to HDMI.

    The usb 3.0 monitor has funky colors as well as laggy video/animation.

    Anyone know of a fix?

    submitted by /u/OhComeOnKennyMayne
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to fix this?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 03:50 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel