• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 6, 2018

    iPhone App Store is showing 23% battery usage with 1 minute screen time. Happening to anyone else?

    iPhone App Store is showing 23% battery usage with 1 minute screen time. Happening to anyone else?


    App Store is showing 23% battery usage with 1 minute screen time. Happening to anyone else?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 09:47 PM PDT

    Just Got Refurbished iPhone 7 SIM Card Invalid Issue

    Posted: 05 May 2018 07:55 PM PDT

    I just got a refurbished iPhone 7 and the guy said it was unlocked. I have Sprint by the way and I the old phone owner had Verizon. Anyways I put my SIM in and for a little bit it and it said I have service but after a little bit it said SIM card invalid. It also gave me notifications that the SIM was invalid throughout the start up process, but when I was connecting to my Mac to upload my backed up storage it said iPhone has been unlocked on my mac. I should mention that I don't know if it just meant I typed the password and unlocked it. I have a 2 month warranty so I'm probably gonna return it unless someone knows how to fix this issue.

    submitted by /u/Foswey
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X won’t turn on

    Posted: 05 May 2018 07:19 PM PDT

    I tried everything force reboot, dfu enter and exit, charging with oem chargers for 2 hours, wireless charger for 1 hour there is not sight or sounds of life coming from this phone

    submitted by /u/jess0412
    [link] [comments]

    iphone 5s bootloop into blue screen due to full storage

    Posted: 05 May 2018 06:33 PM PDT

    My friend has an old iphone 5s that stopped working one day because the storage filled up. It just turned off one day and then it tried to restart itself, and showed the logo at first but went into a blue screen after about 15-20 seconds. She tried restarting it a handful of times and will try every now and then, but nothing changes.

    The big issue here is that she has pictures of her father who passed away several years ago and is (obviously) very concerned about losing those pictures so hasn't even attempted to plug it up to itunes because she's afraid it will wipe the phone. She has never backed the phone up via itunes or icloud.

    So from what I read, the only hope is to put it in recovery mode and plug it up to the computer and try to get it to sync with itunes then make a backup of the photos. From the guides it says that in recovery mode there will be 2 options: 1) update, or 2) restore. I can click update and itunes will attempt to update the phone and if successful it should be able to sync and backup the phone. What's not clear is what happens if it's not successful. The guides mention that then the only way to "fix" the phone stuck in bootloop is restore it. I need to know 100% what will happen. Will there be a prompt saying that the update was unsuccessful and will it give me the option of restoring? Or will it just automatically start attempting a restore after a failed update?

    Does anyone have experience with this that can confirm what will happen? And if I have anything wrong or anyone has any other tips, please let me know. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Math_Blaster
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 messages issue

    Posted: 05 May 2018 06:16 PM PDT

    Text messages from certain people don't show up in notifications. I opened my phone iMessage and was looking at the different messages I have going. While that screen was open I sent a text from my girlfriends phone to mine. The phone vibrated, the blue dot showed up for a second, and then the blue dot went away before I even opened the message. I swiped left to make sure hide alerts wasn't turned on from her, but it's fine. I toggles it on and off just to make sure.

    For other people their messages show up normally in my notifications and with the blue dot showing until I read the message.

    I can't find the correct search terms to get a good hit on google. WTH am I missing? Thank you for any help.

    submitted by /u/TheDriveHome
    [link] [comments]

    Screen turned white. Turned it off. Won't turn back on.

    Posted: 05 May 2018 03:40 PM PDT

    About fifteen minutes ago, my IPhone 6S's screen spontaneously turned white, so I performed a hard reset. Problem is, it won't turn back on. I'd also like to note that I gently lowered a weight down onto the screen just enough to crack it, in case the white screen coincides with that incident. Help?

    submitted by /u/ChromosomeFlu
    [link] [comments]

    Incorrect used (available) storage calculation

    Posted: 05 May 2018 04:44 AM PDT

    Hello,

    today I noticed an error with iOS built in storage used calculation. When I opened WhatsApp, and it tried to back-up the chats and media, I got an error that backup cannot be completed because there isn't enough storage available. I went to settings to check my available storage and saw that I (as far as iOS is concerned) have lots of available storage (49.7 GB in Settings>General>About).

    The same information is displayed in Settings>General>Iphone Storage.

    When I downloaded a 3rd party application (SnapStats), I got the correct information, that I have 2 GB available.

    I tried restoring with iTunes and then restoring from backup. iPhone is still syncing and downloading apps, but so far, there is still a difference between the data shown in Settings and the data in the 3rd party app (SnapStats). The difference is arround 20 GB (Settings shows 68GB available, SnapStats 48 GB).

    I'm not sure what's causing the problem, but I'm doubting it's something to do with iCloud Photo Library.

    Has anyone encountered this error? Phone is iPhone 7 128GB running iOS 11.3.1. I also opened a discussion here.

    Edit: After restoring and disabling Settings>Photos>Optimise iPhone Storage difference is reduced to 2 GB from 20 GB (Settings shows 15 GB free, app shows 13 GB free).

    submitted by /u/ohaiMORKY
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes smart playlists' tracks not in same order when in iPhone

    Posted: 05 May 2018 04:13 AM PDT

    Does anyone have a solution to this? Seems that it only affects the smart playlists as my normal playlists looks like they're in the proper order.

     

    I googled for this problem and cannot find a helpful solution to it. I'm using the latest versions of ios and iTunes.

     

    Thanks for any help in advance

    submitted by /u/cucumbercakes
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel