• Breaking News

    Monday, May 7, 2018

    iPhone Safari and Chrome using a TON of data inexplicably - HELP

    iPhone Safari and Chrome using a TON of data inexplicably - HELP


    Safari and Chrome using a TON of data inexplicably - HELP

    Posted: 07 May 2018 06:18 PM PDT

    I'm currently having a major problem where Safari and Chrome are using a a TON of data. It has been so bad that I have to turn off cellular data for both apps unless I absolutely need it. No joke, I will use either browser for under 5 minutes and I'll burn 45 megs.

    I've searched all over the internet and I can't find anybody else who has had the same problem. If anybody has any idea what could be causing this or how to fix it, I would be ecstatic.

    submitted by /u/mungral_nation
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5 screen burnt out randomly; any fix?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 01:16 PM PDT

    Last night my iPhone 5 was working perfectly fine. I plugged it for charging at 5am and slept. Fast forward 3 hours to when I wake up, and the entire screen is pixelated, with random white lines appearing then disappearing, as if the screen display had broken and dead lines and pixels were appearing.

    Everything else is fine though. I can still turn it on-and-off, hear people call and text me, and heard my alarm go through, but I can't get the screen to show anything. Sometimes it'll show my lockscreen wallpaper, but then immediately start to fade and die again into black. If I press on the sides of the screen or squeeze the phone, then white lines/blocks start to appear before fading away.

    Any idea what caused it or if there's a fix without having to replace the screen entirely? Could the charger have done something? Appreciate any support

    submitted by /u/Gboy0000
    [link] [comments]

    Force restoring an iPhone 5

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:20 AM PDT

    I just upgraded to an 8 after a long time owning a 5. I want to restore my 5 to default settings but am unable to through the phone, because the screen and touch functionality is messed up, and also through iTunes, because when I try and restore it asks me to turn off Find My iPhone, which is impossible because of the messed up screen and touch functionality.

    Question is, is there some way of hard resetting this phone to erase everything without having to take it in for repair?

    submitted by /u/freddie79
    [link] [comments]

    Lost 25% battery overnight. iPhone 7 Plus.

    Posted: 07 May 2018 03:30 AM PDT

    I noticed that my battery had been pretty bad lately, but I never realized it was this bad.

    Last night I charged it to 100% before sleeping and left it off the charger. When I woke up, it was at 75%. I checked the battery usage, and apparently it's been "In Use" just as long as it's been on standby, so I'm guessing something's keep it awake. What though?

    Here's a screenshot.

    I left Android because of wakelocks thinking this wouldn't happen on iOS...

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/edinchez
    [link] [comments]

    Disabling Voice Messaging in iMessage without turning off Siri?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 08:19 AM PDT

    When I click the power button to close out of text it often opens up the voice feature within the message and starts recording. I despise this feature, and never want to send a voice messaging through iMessage. Is there a way to turn this off?

    By the way this happens a few times per day, so either I am doing something wrong, or I need to disable it.

    submitted by /u/nighttimehobby
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel