• Breaking News

    Friday, May 4, 2018

    iPhone New App Discovery Thread for May 04, 2018

    iPhone New App Discovery Thread for May 04, 2018


    New App Discovery Thread for May 04, 2018

    Posted: 04 May 2018 06:35 AM PDT

    Welcome to our weekly stickied App thread! This is a new idea so please feel free to offer your feedback about this thread or the subreddit in general in the comments. As usual if you have a serious issue with the subreddit please contact the moderators directly.

    This thread is intended to help members of the /r/iphone community get informed about new apps that are out there. App developers may also use this thread to make users aware that their new app exists.

    Please sort comments by 'new' to find questions/information that would otherwise be buried.

    In this thread you can ask any iOS app related question that you may have. Anyone may offer advice on any issue.

    Two examples of potential questions could be; "How do I learn to code an app?", or "How is app pricing determined?"

    Developers, please include as much information about your app as possible, including size, price, release info, and anything else people request.

    Finally, please stick to reddiquette and keep your comments on topic and substantive. Thanks for participating.

    Ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    LPT: Move multiple iOS apps at the same time by tapping other apps to add them to a 'stack' once you have started moving your first app.

    Posted: 03 May 2018 11:36 PM PDT

    Apple's iPhone X was the world's best-selling smartphone in the last quarter, research shows

    Posted: 04 May 2018 04:23 AM PDT

    Apparently HTC’s new flagship phone is built from iPhone 6 components (embarrassing mistake by HTC’s PR department)

    Posted: 04 May 2018 05:48 AM PDT

    iPhone X, the phone that was called "a failure" at launch, faced "production problems" and was so expensive and unpopular that "apple will discontinue it", is once again the best selling smartphone worldwide with 50 million sold in less than 5 months.

    Posted: 04 May 2018 09:51 AM PDT

    iPhone 7: Calls aren't working. I can't hear them and they can hear me.

    Posted: 04 May 2018 04:25 AM PDT

    screenshot of my iPhone screen while in call

    My iPhone 7 calls randomly stopped working the other day. I can no longer make calls because I can't hear them and they can't hear me. There's something odd going with the "Speaker" button while in call and I don't know how to fix it.

    Please help.

    submitted by /u/OfTheMarco
    [link] [comments]

    Expect more powerful wireless chargers to come out. FCC Updates Wireless Charging pad limits. Allows a 5 cm farther distance than before for RF Exposure and an increase from a 5 watt coil restriction to 15 watts!

    Posted: 03 May 2018 04:12 PM PDT

    What are the best apps for Dungeons and Dragons?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 07:13 AM PDT

    I mean stuff like character sheet management, spell nooks, etc.

    Something with a nice UI would be great but having access to all the source books is ideal.

    submitted by /u/DrummerDKS
    [link] [comments]

    Cinematic India Rajasthan 4k ~ Holy sh*t iPhone X camera is amazing

    Posted: 04 May 2018 09:41 AM PDT

    iPhone confused WiFi and cellular data

    Posted: 04 May 2018 06:14 AM PDT

    I am new to this iPhone stuff, I've noticed when my cellular data is not turned on and i'm only on Wi-Fi I cannot send or receive multimedia messages from non-iPhone users. Is there a way to receive those messages without turning on the cellular data? I turn the cellular data off because I thought having it on while using Wi-Fi would still use up data, am I incorrect in this thinking?

    submitted by /u/blue1smoke
    [link] [comments]

    A new Twitter app was released today. It’s called filter.

    Posted: 04 May 2018 06:34 AM PDT

    People who still use the 5S, how does it perform? Why do you still use it?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 10:19 AM PDT

    Just curious.

    submitted by /u/Emperor_Shao_Kahn
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Keychain passwords gone

    Posted: 04 May 2018 09:45 AM PDT

    I recently reset my phone and set up from new and when I set everything up I saw all my passwords on my iCloud Keychain were gone. Is there anyway to get them back?

    submitted by /u/Humble_Technology
    [link] [comments]

    What's better? iPhone with less storage and iCloud or an iPhone with more storage

    Posted: 04 May 2018 06:36 AM PDT

    I'm debating on the 64gb vs 256gb iPhone X. If photos and videos are stored on the cloud do you have direct access to them when you go to photos so you can view them?

    submitted by /u/Howard___Roark
    [link] [comments]

    Carrot Weather Question

    Posted: 04 May 2018 08:05 AM PDT

    Before I buy carrot weather can someone tell me if it provides real-time weather notifications for rain and lightning on the iPhone without an Apple Watch? Also does it have a radar feature as well?

    submitted by /u/cgresR6
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X RED Leather Case

    Posted: 04 May 2018 10:20 AM PDT

    I'm thinking about getting the Product RED leather case for my iPhone X, but I'm not sure how well it will age. Does anyone have pictures they mind sharing of their aged case?

    submitted by /u/ForeignPolice
    [link] [comments]

    Pocket Casts purchased by public radio group including NPR and This American Life

    Posted: 03 May 2018 11:51 AM PDT

    SIM card slot.

    Posted: 04 May 2018 10:00 AM PDT

    I just got my X a few days ago, I switched from a S8 and I love it. But something I noticed is that the SIM card slot sticks out a little bit. Normally that wouldn't bother me but this phone 1,000$ and is water resistant and if that sticks out a bit, wouldn't that mean the rubber ring isn't secured in its spot and can potentially damage the phone? Should I take it back and try and exchange it or am I tripping over nothing?

    submitted by /u/SamuraiiNate
    [link] [comments]

    Mobile data is completely broken on my iPhone SE...

    Posted: 04 May 2018 03:44 AM PDT

    For the last month or so, I've barely been able to get online with my SE. The data connection simply disappears and reappears at random, and it's often gone for hours on end. I'll still have cellular reception, but the 4G symbol disappears.

    I've tried resetting network settings, restarting, taking out my SIM, everything. I used the same SIM on an Android phone for a while before switching back to my SE a month ago, and that's when it all started. Never had any issues before switching.

    Has anyone encountered the same issue?

    submitted by /u/strong10tolight11
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else have problems with Youtube via safari?

    Posted: 04 May 2018 03:20 AM PDT

    When I go on Youtube using the Safari app nothing works. I search a video and once I play it I can't do anything. It won't let me click on another video, it won't let me comment, upvote, downvote, or share. When I try to click the search bar it doesn't do anything either. I have to refresh the page and then it works for 1 action before messing up again. I don't have any problems with the YT app, it's only on safari it messes up.

    submitted by /u/ImTheShizzniyee
    [link] [comments]

    Going back to iPhone since iPhone 5, Looking for Tips.

    Posted: 04 May 2018 08:55 AM PDT

    So, lost my phone few days ago, good excuse to get me going back to iPhone.

    I haven't been on iPhone since the days of the 5, and now I'm looking to get the X.

    So far it has definitely been the best phone experience. Been on Nexus 5X before that, and some cheapo LG.

    Always held myself back from going with a high end Android probably for the reason to go back to iPhone.

    Now with all the new services, updates, seems like it has improved quite a bit since iP5 days.

    But since it has been so long since I had an iPhone, I'm up to look for any tips and tricks.

    From setup, to handy things to know, what not. Also 2 apps to replace Android apps I like.

    Now I could do away with looking up tutorials, what not on youtube, but rather get some tips from daily users.

    Now for the apps to replace;

    Twitter - Fenix (on Android): Is there any app that doesn't update Twitter automatically and leaves a counter for the time you leave the app alone for any new tweets by the end off the day? Say - You leave phone alone for the day, says 800 new tweets on top for counter and then you scroll through em on your own pace.

    Reddit - Boost (On Android) - Seems like a lot of suggestions are Apollo but if there's any other that might serve similar experience to Boost on Android.

    submitted by /u/Vinzeye
    [link] [comments]

    Help! Installing Apps is disabled in Restrictions and can not be enabled

    Posted: 04 May 2018 08:44 AM PDT

    So there's no AppStore icon on home screen. Restrictions is off, the Installing Apps slider is set to off but it can not be set to On. I set the Restrictions to On hoping that I can set the Installing Apps to ON but to no avail. It's just disabled.

    Any suggestions how to enable it?

    Screenshot

    submitted by /u/fradejos
    [link] [comments]

    Changed Apple ID email, now phone occasionally asks me to enter password for my old email address.

    Posted: 04 May 2018 08:43 AM PDT

    Title says it.

    I keep getting system pop ups to enter my password for an email address that not only isn't on my phone anymore but isn't showing up as my Apple ID because I successfully changed it.

    Any clue how to fix/stop this? I'm on 11.3.1, iPhone 8 Plus. I've tried rebooting the phone and signing out/in to my Apple ID.

    submitted by /u/dtxmax
    [link] [comments]

    Google Task App not that good?

    Posted: 03 May 2018 09:22 PM PDT

    i see everyone posting about google tasks, so i decided to try it out. i love the UI, how simple it is, and way better than apples.

    but, it doesn't send notifications to remind you to check your tasks if you forget... (or i haven't found a way to enable it)

    is there other task apps that have a similar interface but also have daily reminders

    submitted by /u/northerncap
    [link] [comments]

    Itunes doesn’t recognize iphone

    Posted: 04 May 2018 08:23 AM PDT

    I wanted to move some files but when I connected my iphone 7 to my windows pc,the usual thing (trust or don't trust) didn't come up,instead allow to share photos came up,now itunes doesn't recognize my phone (I do press allow)

    submitted by /u/xnukerman
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel