• Breaking News

    Friday, May 11, 2018

    iPhone New App Discovery Thread for May 11, 2018

    iPhone New App Discovery Thread for May 11, 2018


    New App Discovery Thread for May 11, 2018

    Posted: 11 May 2018 06:35 AM PDT

    Welcome to our weekly stickied App thread! This is a new idea so please feel free to offer your feedback about this thread or the subreddit in general in the comments. As usual if you have a serious issue with the subreddit please contact the moderators directly.

    This thread is intended to help members of the /r/iphone community get informed about new apps that are out there. App developers may also use this thread to make users aware that their new app exists.

    Please sort comments by 'new' to find questions/information that would otherwise be buried.

    In this thread you can ask any iOS app related question that you may have. Anyone may offer advice on any issue.

    Two examples of potential questions could be; "How do I learn to code an app?", or "How is app pricing determined?"

    Developers, please include as much information about your app as possible, including size, price, release info, and anything else people request.

    Finally, please stick to reddiquette and keep your comments on topic and substantive. Thanks for participating.

    Ask away!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    /r/iPhone Official Discord Link

    Posted: 25 Apr 2018 09:06 PM PDT

    Microsoft says it would love to work with Apple to bring iMessage support to Windows

    Posted: 10 May 2018 10:58 PM PDT

    Every time I open the official Reddit app it always starts of a disconnected until I refresh it?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 11:11 PM PDT

    I was wondering if anybody else had a similar issue where every time you open the official Reddit app it will actually show the screen as if you are disconnected from all internet and you have to press the alien button in order to refresh and to get into the app.

    submitted by /u/unofficialmoderator
    [link] [comments]

    Apple iPhone X gets YouTube HDR video support

    Posted: 11 May 2018 02:50 AM PDT

    Snapchat rolls out new app redesign for iOS - In the new design, snaps and chats are aligned chronologically and "Stories" from friends have been moved back to the right-hand side of the camera screen.

    Posted: 11 May 2018 05:58 AM PDT

    I finally got to add some iphones to the wall in my office!

    Posted: 10 May 2018 05:40 PM PDT

    Could this be the smaller phone we’ve been waiting for, the SE 2?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 07:42 PM PDT

    New Verizon startup, Visible, offers $40/month Unlimited plan.

    Posted: 11 May 2018 08:04 AM PDT

    Has WhatsApp changed how its notifications work?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 10:21 AM PDT

    These are messages from two people in the same group chat. I've never seen messages grouped like this recently. Is that a change WhatsApp have made or is it a setting I unwittingly changed?

    Grouped WhatsApp notification

    submitted by /u/CJAY1992
    [link] [comments]

    Buying an iPhone 8 Plus or wait for the new iPhone?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 11:58 PM PDT

    I have iPhone 6S and i'm thinking of upgrading to iPhone with bigger screen

    Do you recommend me to buy 8 Plus or wait for the new iPhone

    submitted by /u/iLazyAF
    [link] [comments]

    Cheap dock with headphone jack?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 02:22 AM PDT

    Title basically explains all, I am looking for an iPhone dock with an added headphone jack on it, so I can connect it to my speakers more easily while my phone charges.

    I know apple sells one but it's $50+ and I was wondering if there's a cheap alternative to this.

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/dxve89
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 11.3 App Store bug eats battery

    Posted: 11 May 2018 04:07 AM PDT

    A bug with the app store in 11.3 makes it eat up the battery. I'm currently watching my battery percentage drop very fast down to 0. Only way to stop is by rebooting the phone. Turning off the autoplay didn't help. I hope they fix it in 11.4.

    Screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/OP29gZb

    App store has only 4 minutes in foreground. Still it's the most consuming app. It says "audio" under the usage so it may be playing some video in the background.

    submitted by /u/instagib1
    [link] [comments]

    One thing that bothers me about the X

    Posted: 10 May 2018 03:25 PM PDT

    I've been an iPhone X user since day 1 (Nov. 4) and I've always been an advocate for it.

    Sure, FaceID could stand to be a little faster and have a wider angle for facial unlocking, the notch could be a bit smaller etc, but those things were always minor inconveniences to me.

    One thing in particular has screwed me over many times: the goddamn do not disturb mode. There is only one way to know whether it's on, and no matter how many times I use it (and I do every night) I almost always forget to turn it off in the morning. There is no visual indication anywhere, so I just go about my day, miss calls & don't notice texts for way too long.

    There has to be some kind of solution, any solution. Put it next to the time on the top left, I don't care if it looks a bit out of place, this feels like a big oversight to me.

    Anyone else have this issue?

    submitted by /u/trollfriend
    [link] [comments]

    Where is Telegram X

    Posted: 11 May 2018 02:33 AM PDT

    Does anyone of you guys now where Telegram X went and if it will return to the AppStore? Telegram X is much more sophisticated, written in Swift only and much faster.

    https://imgur.com/VURIwnI

    submitted by /u/jointadventure
    [link] [comments]

    Oh.. what almost was ��

    Posted: 11 May 2018 10:52 AM PDT

    Why does system on my iPhone take up 10.55 GB of storage?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 04:44 AM PDT

    I have had an iPhone 5s 16 GB for about 3 years now. This problem has never happened before and I can't download anything because my storage is full and when I go to check, my storage it fine but "system" takes up 10.55 GB of storage

    submitted by /u/Andvaur73
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an app that allows me to edit text files on my Linux computer from my iphone 5S?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 10:37 AM PDT

    I have some notes in text files on my computer that I edit using Vim. Is it possible to also edit these files from my iphone?

    submitted by /u/takethecannoli4
    [link] [comments]

    Why Is iPhone voicemail so terrible?

    Posted: 10 May 2018 12:38 PM PDT

    The interface seems very lag, messages do not always deleteAnd it simply doesn't seem as smooth and polished as many other parts of the iPhone and iOS.

    Can anyone explain to me why this is?

    submitted by /u/Blazerzr27
    [link] [comments]

    Lightning Port Issue

    Posted: 11 May 2018 10:28 AM PDT

    I'm using an iPhone 6S and my lightning port stopped working 4 months ago. Took it to the store and they said I will have to get it fixed. After 4 months, it starts working again.

    Did anyone face a similar issue? If so, what did you do about it?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/perfucktionist
    [link] [comments]

    6s plus screen dithering while scrolling? Especially when stopping for a second to look at something.

    Posted: 11 May 2018 06:14 AM PDT

    Among a myriad of problems turning my phone into crap since the 11.3 update when I scroll the screen shakes, especially when slowing the scroll down or stopping for a sec.

    Any suggestions on what to try?

    submitted by /u/iamyouareheisme
    [link] [comments]

    New iPhone SE 2 renders reveal gorgeous glass back

    Posted: 11 May 2018 09:55 AM PDT

    Voicemail transcription - gone forever?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 09:32 AM PDT

    Am I right in thinking voicemail transcription has completely gone from iOS? I remember it being in beta and a bit hit and miss, but I usually got the gist which was enough. Would be good to get it back.

    Edit: I tried something and it worked. Language needs to be set to US English (not U.K. English).

    Looks like I'll have to trade voicemail transcription for being prompted to spell "colour" incorrectly from time to time 😉

    submitted by /u/iainrfharper
    [link] [comments]

    How's the ram management on the iPhone SE?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 09:28 AM PDT

    I had an iPhone several years ago (can't remember which one) and the one thing that annoyed me the most, is that my apps would close or get refreshed in the background if I wasn't using them. From what I could gather, this was because of poor ram management or just not having enough ram. If I got an iPhone SE, is this still an issue?

    submitted by /u/techstuph
    [link] [comments]

    Best dac/amp solution for the iPhone 8 Plus?

    Posted: 11 May 2018 09:18 AM PDT

    So I own a pair of audio technica athm50x and the audio coming out of the lightning adaptor is pretty good already, but I heard it could be better if I get a better lightning adaptor with a decent built in dac such as the Fiio a1, my only problem is I am not sure if the fiio a1 is any good as most of the reviews are pretty negative so I was wondering if there were any other better solutions, I already own a large library of high quality audio files on my pc and I can transfer them to VLC on my iPhone but I don't think there is any reason to do that right now as it won't reach its maximum potential

    submitted by /u/thefilthycheese
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel