• Breaking News

    Monday, May 7, 2018

    iPhone iPhone 8 backlight problem

    iPhone iPhone 8 backlight problem


    iPhone 8 backlight problem

    Posted: 07 May 2018 12:14 AM PDT

    Hey guys, some months ago I dropped my iPhone 8 in the bathtub (filled with no more than 10cm of water) and at first I didn't have any problems (just some blur in the screen but it went away). But yesterday I put my phone down on a table pretty hard and the screen turned black! But no physical damage was present. While looking were it was broken I found out that the only way that I could see the screen is by pointing a flashlight directly to it. And I can se the colors etc, the touch screen is working, 3d touch too. It just looks like that the backlight is broken. So I went to a authorized store of apple and they opened the phone and said that it was corroded by water and the sensors were active so no warranty repair was available...I was like oh sh.t...but I am sure that the backlightit is not connected to the water incident that I had some months ago...Also what happened is that when I got back my phone from the store it started to work perfectly fine again! But then after 6/7 hours it stopped again.. I think it is a broken conenctor_ idk.. Is there something that I can do to avoid paying for a Refurbished phone? Do you think that by just replacing the screen by myself it would be fixed? Has anyone had this problem? Is it normal that the iphone 8 is not water resistant at all? thank you

    submitted by /u/wonderboy30
    [link] [comments]

    phone stuck in recovery mode .. when I try to restore it says "error 4013"

    Posted: 06 May 2018 07:11 PM PDT

    have an iphone 7 been trying to figure out whats going on when I went to update the phone and log into my icloud and when it restarted it now starts to update, then when it's almost done installing the software it all of a sudden disconnects and then goes back into recovery mode..

    I tried all kinds of stuff. Someone said what worked for them was replacing the

    "I just solved this issue!! I tried all the things I found on this site and others and nothing worked. I haven't yet found my solution online. So here it is, super simple.

    I simply scratched the paint off the cirle where the proximity sensor goes, it has two little holes that look like eyelets, well I scratched all right off, put it back in and voila! done deal, it's logical. Apparently the way they painted it on the replacement screen blocks the sensor so it doesn't register anything, but after scratching it you can see the little sensor "eyes" through the hole on the front."

    but I mean I dont' want to take apart my phone. Does that even make sense. Sorry this is kinda long thank you if anyone can help or has any ideas

    submitted by /u/renerdrat
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S works until it "falls asleep"/locks then has to be force restarted every single time

    Posted: 06 May 2018 05:15 PM PDT

    So, my iPhone 6S took a swim and now it's like the common medical myth of a concussion---don't fall asleep, or you'll go into a coma!

    It works just fine when it's "awake." However, when it falls asleep, the screen won't come back on and needs to be force restarted.

    Obviously, the water damage must be part of it, but does anyone more technically-minded know what may specifically be causing this problem and if it can be fixed/parts can be replaced?

    Right now my macgyver solution has been to make it play music (on mute) constantly so it can't "fall asleep" but that's draining the battery mighty quick.

    submitted by /u/dorianfinch
    [link] [comments]

    Battery, Reception, and WiFi indicators not appearing at all sometimes.

    Posted: 06 May 2018 05:07 PM PDT

    I'll be browsing reddit or some other app and the top bar becomes blank. This has been happening for about a week now and it carries over to my lock and home screens as well. Anyone else having this issue? It randomly comes back but its becoming more and more annoying.

    EDIT: iPhone 8, Tmobile

    submitted by /u/PanicDrifts
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 with iOS 11.3.1 "reading and writng error" from itunes restore

    Posted: 06 May 2018 10:25 AM PDT

    Can anyone help or know where the problem might be coming from?

    When I try to restore it, the screen goes black, but the home button still functions as normal. I've tries to enter restore mode but it refuses...

    Any help is appreciated!!

    Thank you in advance!

    submitted by /u/Lmay13
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s shuts down half of the times I turn it on.

    Posted: 06 May 2018 08:01 AM PDT

    Almost every other time I turn my 6s on, I have to do a hard reset with the power and home buttons. It's on the latest iOS but this has been happening for about a month now.

    submitted by /u/Katm4nXD
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6S System failure? Turns itself off randomly.

    Posted: 06 May 2018 04:54 AM PDT

    Phone: iPhone 6S 16G IOS: 11.3.1 Battery Health: 80% Problem: Randomly Shutdown. (NOT CAUSED BY THE 2 DECEMBER 2018 BUG) I have an iPhone 6S, purchased in 2017. My phone is experiencing an error that I can not find anything about on the internet. Had the same bug last year, but it "fixed itself" few weeks after the warranty was over. It's not the 2 December bug that was haunting a bunch of iPhone users. But I have tried the solution without any luck.

    My Issue short explained So the issue is that my phone randomly turns itself on and of when it self-wants. At first, it seems like it could be the battery, but I think its a system failure. The Phone does not crash every time it goes into lock screen, but most often it does. I have decent knowledge of computers so I have some knowledge of phone hardware but this bug is really weird. NB: When I in this text say that my phone turns itself off, I don't actually mean "Turn off". The screen does not get that loading logo before it turns off, but it gives me the Apple logo when it turns on.

    Here are some reasons why I think that there is a system error instead of a battery problem. 1. It only turns off when I lock the phone or it locks itself. After I have locked the phone and will use it again, it will not turn on. It does not matter if I locked it 1 minute ago or 20 minutes ago. I can fine sit on my phone from 100% to 1% without it crashing as long as I'm sitting on it actively without locking the screen.

    1. I have also three-four times shared my phones wifi to a friends phone/computer (5-7 Hours each time) and not even once did my phone crash. Even when I had the lock screen on
    2. When it turns on, I will not have to enter a PIN. This is the first sign that it has not broken off. Another reason is that when the screen will not turn on and I call my phone, I will not be able to answer questions. The phone rings as if it was turned on.
    3. Another reason is that when it sometimes clicks, I can spam the random buttons (either Power, Volume or Home button, Screenshot buttons) so it can suddenly turn on and it says I've taken a screenshot or adjusted on the volume. What does help to turn the phone back on? Now there are some really strange ways I do that strangely helps my phone to turn it on.
    4. Insert it into the charger. Sometimes the screen can be light up right away. Other times it must be in the charger some time.
    5. Once when I did not have the charger available, I tried to put the phone out of the window of the car while I drove to cool the phone down. A crazy idea. Do you think I was surprised when it did turn on? This worked almost everytime. 90% success.
    6. I also tried to open the wine window and put the phone halfway out of the wine window. Quick minutes went and it turned on.

    What I'm thinking & hoping for: I do not know where to start, who to talk to or what to do. This has been going on for a little while. I have a crack on the screen, but this happened before the crack was made. So I'm sure the crack is not the problem. I have no warranty or insurance on the phone anymore, so it's very sad that the phone clicks after the warranty. I think this is a system error that is strange. Been an iPhone customer for 10 years and I have never experienced anything like this. So I would have been forever grateful if someone could solve this problem for me. I can be contacted at the following information:

    submitted by /u/ImRichtofen
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel