• Breaking News

    Monday, May 7, 2018

    iPhone How to report scam apps in the appstore?

    iPhone How to report scam apps in the appstore?


    How to report scam apps in the appstore?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 08:36 AM PDT

    Is there a way? Can't find anything in the appstore.

    Just came across an app with subscription model that charges €77.99 a week. App opens up the finger auth for payment straight after launching it, easy to approve the payment without even knowing!

    submitted by /u/RedditorOfTomorrow
    [link] [comments]

    As part of the latest 2.18.51 update for the iOS version of WhatsApp, tapping on a link to an Instagram or Facebook video will now allow you to watch it right from WhatsApp - all in-line with your current conversation.

    Posted: 07 May 2018 07:03 AM PDT

    Anyway to stop Apple Music from instantly playing when it connects to Bluetooth/Plugged into car? I want Spotify to play instead.

    Posted: 06 May 2018 10:15 PM PDT

    Super frustrating whenever I get into my car even if I'm already listening to something on my phone Apple Music automatically takes over and plays the same three songs over and over again in my music playlist. I really only use Spotify and have no need to use the Apple Music app, but if I delete the app then no music can be played on my phone. Any work around?

    submitted by /u/IamAbc
    [link] [comments]

    What's your favorite iPhone feature Mines raise to wake

    Posted: 07 May 2018 04:38 AM PDT

    I find raise to wake so useful. At first I thought it would be gimmicky but it's been amazing. The phone actually does wake up when you pick it up. I've grown so accustomed to it that I kind of expect other phones to wake up too when I pick them up. I was using my mom's phone and I was just holding her phone just standing there like "why isn't It on yet". If you haven't guessed I love raise to wake. What's your favorite feature?

    submitted by /u/afterburners_engaged
    [link] [comments]

    Google Chrome Redesign Preview May 2018. You can enable this by enabling the "UI Refresh Phase 1" flag

    Posted: 06 May 2018 11:07 PM PDT

    Snapchat is doing A/B testing to bring the "old" design back...

    Posted: 06 May 2018 02:13 PM PDT

    Without updating the app or anything I noticed snapchat was different today. In the main camera page I got this popup saying "Friend Stories are back on the right".

     

    When I went to the right I noticed this new interface. Basically it separates your friend stories, your "subscriptions" which includes people that don't follow you back, and "For You" snapchat recommended content.

     

    In the left page, FINALLY the "stories" "groups" tabs are gone. The feed is chronological. And you can swipe left to chat. It looks like this.

    submitted by /u/iSn0wElite
    [link] [comments]

    Has anyone switched to Android and regretted it after the honeymoon period?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 08:27 AM PDT

    Hi, I know I'm posting this in a biased subreddit but I'm pretty biased towards Apple myself, owning a phone, Apple TV, Macbook and iPad. However, I've used iPhones for as long as I can remember, and I keep getting tempted to make the switch just to see what a flagship Android has to offer.

    Main reason being I currently have the 6S and I want a phone with a top of the line camera and more 'modern' design, but I'm struggling to justify to myself spending over £1000 on the iPhone X at the moment. So naturally I've looked at other options and I'm really intrigued by both the S9+, and the Pixel 2 XL.

    My worry is making the switch to one of these phones, having a blast with it in the initial few weeks, then regretting the purchase and starting to miss iOS. I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences like this and could offer some insight? Or alternatively, if anyone has made such a switch without any regrets.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    Edit: Figured I'll post a little more personalized information which may help! I feel like I'd miss iMessage and Facetime but not massively, I rarely use them to communicate with people. I'd miss Airdrop but I'd get over it quickly. Honestly, it may sound unusual but I feel like the thing I'd miss the most is Safari.

    submitted by /u/samtryan
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone 7 is not compatible with any screen protector on the market.

    Posted: 07 May 2018 03:35 AM PDT

    So last month I bought an iPhone 7 Matte Black at an store. I also bought an screen protector there.

    They applied the screen protector. And bubbles appeared on the edge of the phone. They kept trying new ones. And after wasting 10 perfectly fine screen protectors they gave up and gave me an screen protector for another brand. They said that due to their company's policy they can't give me an refund (as the screen protector is an consumable product) but they told me to try and apply an screen protector myself. (They also told me a lot of bs about how the bubbles are there to protect the phone but this isn't relevant)

    I applied the screen protector they gave me to my phone, and immediately a lot of bubbles appeared on the phone's edge. I thought that maybe it's just that my screen protector applying skill isn't great. So I took my phone to an Apple Store. They use their Belkin screen protector applying thing and the bubbles appeared again. They tried deliberately to remove the bubbles and even tried to apply a new one. They kept trying but the bubbles keep reappearing.

    Eventually they told me that my phone might have problems. They told me to schedule an appointment with the Genius Bar. I did. They told me that I need an screen replacement. And right now I'm still trying to get rid of the bubbles.

    Anyways, does anyone else have this issue? I think this might be an isolated issue but does anyone else had this happen to them?

    Updates in the comments

    submitted by /u/XPGamingYT
    [link] [comments]

    My iPhone X after 6 months without a case or screen protector

    Posted: 06 May 2018 10:52 PM PDT

    TL;DR - Full album here

    I often see a post on here at least once a week by people asking whether they should use their iPhone X without a case. When I got mine, I made the decision to go without a case or screen protector as I felt that after paying NZ$1700 I didn't want to then put a $20 case on display. I've taken some pics with my old 6S to show what it looks like but I'm by no means an expert photographer so apologies in advance if they're not the best.

    After 6 months of having it, at first glance it looks pretty much like it did when I first took it out of the box. From my usual holding distance there's no obvious scratches or blemishes. The band around the side looks completely scratch free.

    Upon closer inspection, there are some scratches on the rear glass in the bottom corner. The right band has a few spots where the coating has been scratched and the stainless steel is showing but these spots are about the size of a pin head and tbh, are usually maksed by finger prints.

    Other than these areas the phone is in excellent condition, moreso than my 6S was after 6 months of usage without a case. I don't think I've gone out of my way to make sure the phone stays pristine and I use and treat my X the same way as I did my 6S. I keep one pocket dedicated to my phone and everything else (such as keys) goes in a separate pocket - I also made sure to clean any sand out of my pocket over the summer when I went to the beach before putting it back in. It's had a few drops but only on to carpet or down the side of the couch/car seat when I've been wearing pants with shallow pockets

    submitted by /u/Matt_NZ
    [link] [comments]

    God I miss my X

    Posted: 07 May 2018 09:42 AM PDT

    Switched cell phone carriers a few days ago and I ended up getting an 8+ instead of the X which I previously had. Damn I miss that screen. Something about it just stood out. With this 8+ I kind of feel like I got ripped off lol. Their screen sizes are almost the same but the black borders are hard to get used to on this 8. Really wish they made an X+ lol. Oh well.

    submitted by /u/notlocked
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X users, are your displays having burn-in issues yet?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 04:29 AM PDT

    I got my iPhone X one week after launch day, and have been using it daily since. I was initially worried about burn-in issues, since I had previously used an S7 edge that already had minor burn-in just 4 months using it. However, 7 months after purchase, I'm glad to say that my phone has ZERO burn-in at all. I can't even try to nitpick and look for one, Apple and Samsung has done an amazing job together for this new OLED display it seems.

    submitted by /u/kevinlim512
    [link] [comments]

    I found my Series 1 Apple Watch after 2 years of having it lost!

    Posted: 06 May 2018 03:13 PM PDT

    How to Turn Off Voice Messaging, while keeping Siri?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 08:05 AM PDT

    When I click the power button to close out of text it often opens up the voice feature within the message and starts recording. I despise this feature, and never want to send a voice messaging through iMessage. Is there a way to turn this off?

    By the way this happens a few times per day, so either I am doing something wrong, or I need to disable it.

    submitted by /u/nighttimehobby
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X is acting crazy

    Posted: 07 May 2018 06:16 AM PDT

    I updated to iOS 11.3.1 last night....however my iPhone has gone a little crazy. Whenever I'm in safari it zooms in and out and highlights random text and does some other crazy stuff as well. When I accessed my home screen all apps started "shaking" (when you can uninstall them" and my App Store icon was moving all around the place.

    When I'm randomly in folders, it swipes the pages in the folders 2 3 times without me even swiping them.

    All this is happening without me touching the screen.

    What's going on? What should I do

    submitted by /u/AlternisDim
    [link] [comments]

    Waze AND Google Maps unable to determine my location

    Posted: 07 May 2018 04:08 AM PDT

    Out of nowhere, both apps can't determine my exact location.

    This happens:

    https://s18.postimg.cc/obawx8izt/506_C1412-7_ADA-4_B4_E-8_B70-1_D0_E92_B4_CB97.png

    IPhone 8+ with iOS 11.3.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance

    edit: I've already rebooted the phone

    EDIT: Hard reset solved it!

    submitted by /u/ikelofe
    [link] [comments]

    How do you know if your iphone’s home button is not acting right is a software problem or hardware problem?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 04:52 AM PDT

    I can still press the button but it does nothing in regards to sending me back to my home page.

    I don't want to reboot my phone because that may not solve it, I would have to redownload everything, and it may turn off the assistive touch feature. And I think I would be f—d if tthat turned off

    submitted by /u/SithlordRogerStone
    [link] [comments]

    Keep iPhone 6s or wait for new release?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 08:13 AM PDT

    I've had my iPhone for 2 years now, it's paid off. The battery life is DISMAL, but otherwise in pretty good condition. Should I keep this phone until a new one comes out this year, or just get an 8 now? (Don't want the X)

    submitted by /u/raerae91
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 6s messaging problem

    Posted: 07 May 2018 07:46 AM PDT

    I like to turn my phone off and charge it over night. I've noticed that after I turn my phone back on and before I unlock my phone that I have text messages. It doesn't show the contact yet even if they are in my contacts but whenever I unlock my phone and go to messages to read it and respond to the message it isn't showing up.

    I was wondering if anyone had the same problem or if there are any solutions!

    submitted by /u/mitchr46
    [link] [comments]

    Battery usage problem

    Posted: 07 May 2018 03:36 AM PDT

    Hey guys! I have an iphone SE with ios 11.3.1 Somehow my usage time goes with the standby time along, but the numbers are not the same. E.g.: usage 4h 15; standby 12h 40. I checked it approximately 10-15 min later and I saw that the usage is 4h 27 and the standby time is 12h 51 What is happening???

    submitted by /u/eediee
    [link] [comments]

    How much could i sell a iPhone 7 Plus JB 128 for?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 07:15 AM PDT

    My lease is up and I think im gonna just buy the phone out and resell it.. It also has Apple Care so that's a plus

    submitted by /u/Sosogreeen
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 11.4 beta 4 developer ready. 316.8 MB for iPhone 8 Plus

    Posted: 07 May 2018 10:20 AM PDT

    Sim switch between Moto Z Play and Iphone 6s

    Posted: 07 May 2018 10:18 AM PDT

    I have a Moto z play on contract with Verizon right now. I am buying a used 6s soon and would like to swap service between each phone when I feel like it. Could I just take out the Sim and put it into the other phone and vice versa. I am only doing this because my android would be a backup for the iPhone and sometimes I like changing os's

    submitted by /u/KK9521
    [link] [comments]

    Power bank suggestions ?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 10:13 AM PDT

    Could anyone suggest some power banks that are pretty good or any power banks you may use and find that they work well?

    submitted by /u/WellBehavedUser
    [link] [comments]

    iJustine just uploaded and unboxing of a sealed iPhone 2g. That’s crazy. Have a look.

    Posted: 07 May 2018 09:35 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel