• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 6, 2018

    Apple TV Infuse and Plex

    Apple TV Infuse and Plex


    Infuse and Plex

    Posted: 05 May 2018 06:03 PM PDT

    Do you need Infuse Pro to use plex integration?

    What is included in Infuse Regular if you can't watch from plex?

    submitted by /u/IdealPower
    [link] [comments]

    Black/Darkened Picture, Audio Only with Dolby Vision on Netflix

    Posted: 05 May 2018 11:02 PM PDT

    Apologies if this has been covered already, as I just recently got an Apple TV 4K. On Netflix, I seem to be having picture issues with videos that have Dolby Vision. I first noticed this problem with Lost in Space, where the screen is dark to the point of blackness, but if I were to crank up the brightness on my TV I could still make out shapes, so it's not like it's a completely black screen. Only audio is intact when this happens, and it doesn't seem to happen with every movie: I tried Defenders, Bright, and other Dolby Vision movies and they all played fine. The only other video that had the same problem as Lost in Space was Game Over Man, but there might be more vids on Netflix with the same issue.

    My TV is an LG OLED E6 and the HDMI cable is brand new from Amazon. I have the 4K directly plugged to my TV, and I know my TV supports Dolby Vision as the built-in Netflix app works perfectly. I don't know what's causing this issue with the Apple TV, but if a solution exists please let me know.

    submitted by /u/Xngears
    [link] [comments]

    Best free streaming apps

    Posted: 06 May 2018 01:01 AM PDT

    Just recently brought Apple TV 4K, I've downloaded the normal streaming apps - Netflix, prime.

    Is there any other good free streaming apps ?

    TY in advance

    submitted by /u/agr104
    [link] [comments]

    Lost the Apple TV remote and the remote app wants me to enter a 4 digit code.. But I have no remote

    Posted: 05 May 2018 07:11 PM PDT

    Any way around this?

    Edit: this is what happens when I open the Apple TV remote app on my phone

    https://imgur.com/a/IOK20qB

    submitted by /u/Thatdamnalex
    [link] [comments]

    4k SDR 60hz matching enabled

    Posted: 05 May 2018 04:52 AM PDT

    I have content matching enabled and HDR set to off so the menus and screensavers look dark.

    4:4:4 is limited to 8 bit? so that's no good.

    4:2:2 isn't available because HDR is set to off...

    4:2:0 the only option if you want HDR on match with 10bit color?

    almost makes 4:2:2 and 4:4:4 irrelevant, because one means HDR is always on in menus and 4:4:4 is only 8 bit.

    changing chroma above 4:2:0 is a trap.... it promises smoother picture but makes it worse in other ways. 😫

    submitted by /u/Doggerydoo4u
    [link] [comments]

    Match range not working as expected?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 06:26 AM PDT

    I have my ATV4K set to 4K SDR and match frame rate and dynamic range.

    I've noticed that for iTunes content (Amazon and Netflix is fine) it doesn't automatically switch into HDR on my TV when playing a movie with HDR. If I go back and change the output from 4K SDR -> 4K HDR, it displays HDR properly.

    Anyone have similar issues?

    My TV only supports HDR10 so I suspect it may have something to do with Dolby Vision titles, but it was my understanding that DV titles have an HDR10 metadata layer underneath.

    submitted by /u/peppermints64
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel