• Breaking News

    Monday, May 7, 2018

    Apple Help Weird Contacts On IPhone

    Apple Help Weird Contacts On IPhone


    Weird Contacts On IPhone

    Posted: 07 May 2018 05:30 PM PDT

    So I went to check my contacts a few minutes ago, I saw three of the same profiles names RJM and they had a parrot profile picture. And one of the three profiles said it was me. Then there was three Apple Inc contacts. I got really freaked out, hopefully I made it clear on what happened. I have screenshots, I'll try to put them up if I can. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/HoneyCrush
    [link] [comments]

    Hi, need help restoring Contacts from Time Machine.

    Posted: 07 May 2018 03:59 PM PDT

    It is Mac mini from 2012. I have asked google to no avail. I am running OS X EL CAPITAN 10.11.6 on mac mini. I can't find the contacts folder. I am old person. Thanks for help!!

    submitted by /u/ddshroom
    [link] [comments]

    I'm having a lot of storage glitches with my 6s (16bg). Has gotten to the point where it has deleted my notes app which had a years worth of song lyrics on it.

    Posted: 07 May 2018 10:13 PM PDT

    My phone says that I have a nearly full 11.11 GB on the system, but when I add up all the apps, I get 4.76 GB. I have iCloud photo storage for my 3,000 photos, so it says it takes up 940 MB. Consequently, I live a spartan lifestyle when it comes to apps. Today I opened my phone and my notes app had just disappeared. I can't figure out a way to get the notes back. I can't update my phone so I can restore an iCloud backup because I don't have storage to update. Please help me get my notes back and fix my storage.

    submitted by /u/theedandy
    [link] [comments]

    How to force iPhone to send/download Photos?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 05:39 PM PDT

    "Unable to share. There was an error while preparing to share. Please try again later."

    I'm so over how iCloud is just riddled with careless, stupid bugs! I just want to work with my files, share photos, and not have to jump through hoops but it's always something with this crap!

    How do I send my photo?

    I don't have time to sign out and back in to iCloud because then it takes 12 hours (literally, overnight) before all my photos, music, contacts, and files come back.

    I just need to send a photo tonight. What is the trick?

    submitted by /u/DontHateDefenestrate
    [link] [comments]

    ipod 6th gen won't connect to itunes [windows 10]

    Posted: 07 May 2018 05:19 PM PDT

    Having trouble connecting my old iPod (iPod Classic, 6th gen, 160 gb) to the Windows Store iTunes on Windows 10. It worked fine until tonight, when I uninstalled the version of iTunes I always downloaded from apple.com and tried out the Windows Store version.

    I would go back to a version from Apple.com, but the windows 10 version does run smoother. The iTunes store on the prior version was so laggy and slow it was near unusable.

    Anyway, I've tried a lot of trouble shooting with Apple Mobile Device Services and Apple Mobile USB Driver and unfortunately none of these are showing up at all for me, not in program files, not in device manager, and not in Services either. I even deleted all of iTunes and re-installed from the windows store, but still no dice, and iTunes still isn't recognizing my iPod. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/Bobarctor1977
    [link] [comments]

    2011 15" MBP goes to sleep every couple minutes while being used

    Posted: 07 May 2018 03:03 PM PDT

    As the title says, my sleepy MBP dozes off every few minutes while being used. Changing energy saving and graphics switching settings has no effect. It wakes up immediately with a trackpad swipe. When I have a second monitor connected by mini displayport, the screen flickers almost imperceptibly but manages to stay awake. No magnets are near the computer, and it happens while the power cable is plugged and unplugged.

    Has anyone else had a similar issue? My top two suspects are the reed switch or the battery (56% health).

    submitted by /u/GoldenBeaRR6
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 15" Mid-2014 SSD

    Posted: 07 May 2018 05:12 PM PDT

    The SSD just died in my MacBook Pro, and while I can find the drive on OWC, they don't really list the specifications. I would like to try to find something cheaper then what OWC has, but I'm not 100% sure what I need to be searching for. Any information on these drives would be super helpful, thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/agentile27
    [link] [comments]

    Will upgrading the OS on my 2012, 4GB RAM MacBook Air slow it down? I'm using the 2014 OS...

    Posted: 07 May 2018 02:44 PM PDT

    I have a mid-2012 MacBook Air running OSX 10.9.5. It's not that powerful… Processor: 1.8 ghz i5 | RAM: 4GB.

    So here is my question, if I upgrade to Sierra from Mavericks, will it slow my laptop down? Like I said, this isn't a powerful MacBook, so I wonder if the update will put strain on the machine and slow it down. Will it?

    The only reason I want to upgrade is my battery life has been sucking and I thought maybe the new OS would manage it better. Any thoughts on that too?

    submitted by /u/llamastinkeye
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook EFI PIN(?) Unlock Problem.

    Posted: 07 May 2018 07:05 PM PDT

    I have this Macbook (I don't know what model/year) that I received from a store owner who doesn't know the number code to unlock the Macbook. I had bought a tool (Teensy 3.2) to try and brute force the code but I really don't know the correct amount of digits. There's also a chance that it may not be a number. In that case, what should I do?

    submitted by /u/iNEEDZPANCAKES
    [link] [comments]

    Emoji menu text shortcut?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 03:15 PM PDT

    I have a iPhone SE running iOS 11.3.0

    When I go to the emoji menu there is a '...' for one of the emojis and when I click it, it types 'the third one' with a laughing/crying face at the end. Does anyone know how to remove it?

    Here is what it looks like: https://imgur.com/gallery/nAFnrmV

    submitted by /u/Woodchuck7542
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a new Apple ID, do I need to re-sign in to anything besides iCloud and iTunes/App Store on my Macbook Pro and iPhone 5s?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 06:37 PM PDT

    I've been using my parents' Apple ID on my iPhone 5s and Macbook Pro, but I just made my own Apple ID today. So far, on both my iPhone and Macbook, I've signed in with my new Apple ID to iCloud and iTunes/App Store. I was just wondering if there were any other things that my parents' Apple ID would still be signed in to or not.

    submitted by /u/Mintyhippo9281
    [link] [comments]

    Mid 2009 Macbook Pro won't boot into recovery mode after replacing corrupted broken hard drive with a new SSD.

    Posted: 07 May 2018 12:09 PM PDT

    Hello all!

    Recently the hard drive on my Macbook stopped working and so I replaced it with a new Crucial SSD. I also replaced the battery but there has been no issues with that. After putting the new hard drive in I downloaded a copy of High Sierra onto a USB stick to use as an external installer. I've read everything I need to do with regards to installing it however my Macbook simply won't go into Recovery mode to allow me to sort it out. All that happens is a blank screen shows and regardless of what recovery buttons I press it either stays blank or goes to the flashing question mark folder. Is there anything at all I can do or might have missed?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/ValentineDean
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Music Shuffle Issues!!

    Posted: 07 May 2018 05:47 PM PDT

    Hello - does anyone have any input on the Apple Music shuffle issues? Plays songs a second and third time before it even shuffles through a playlist. I know it seems minor but it's extremely annoying when I'm commuting trying to keep my phone in my bag. Sometimes it just alternates between two songs until I skip 2-3 times lol

    Possibly important to know: iPhone 7, running iOS 11.3.1, 91.57 GB free

    (It's more than just updating I assume, I have been through many updates before and still not resolved)

    submitted by /u/namasteee
    [link] [comments]

    Color calibrating iMac to a specific Kelvin

    Posted: 07 May 2018 01:36 PM PDT

    Hi,

    for a project I need to calibrate an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015) specifically to 5600K.

    Is it possible?

    thanks

    submitted by /u/1creeplycrepe
    [link] [comments]

    incoming messages from different users being combined in Messages on Mac Mini. OK on iPhone

    Posted: 07 May 2018 01:24 PM PDT

    Hi all,

    Have a strange one coming up recently. Have a user running macOS 10.12.6 (Sierra) on a Late 2012 Mac Mini. As of late she gets messages from different users all jumbled together in the same conversation within Messages.

    This is NOT happening to all threads. But, just a few. One thing to note is that the errant messages within the thread all have a header of Received SMS, followed by a contact number of our main landline.

    All the people involved have iPhones, so there's no reason it would be coming through as SMS. Plus, as I said above, the number being displayed for these errant messages is our main telephone number, not a mobile number.

    Last week I spent about a half hour on the phone with Apple Tech Support, and the end result was that they simply had me delete the conversation thread which was jumbled up. In that case, I was able to do that because the user said she didn't need the texts. However, today she has one which she says she needs to keep, so I can't simply delete it. Besides, there are four different users within the conversation now.

    Any ideas what might be causing this corruption? If so, how to prevent it from happening again?

    submitted by /u/robertjm123
    [link] [comments]

    .264 video files on Mac

    Posted: 07 May 2018 12:54 PM PDT

    I have several video files from an ip camera I use. It's very important I access these files as they have caught a crime. However when I try to open on Mac it does not work, even with VLC.

    Can anyone recommend a player or converter I can use on mac to access these files?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/RickyMEME
    [link] [comments]

    Mid-2011 Mac Mini won't power up

    Posted: 07 May 2018 12:48 PM PDT

    I recently got my hands on a mid-2011 Mac Mini that won't power up. When you press the power button, the power led lights up for about a second, and the fan spins for a second, then nothing.

    Is this a symptom of a failed power supply, or perhaps a dead motherboard? If it's the motherboard, I'd prefer to not bother messing with buying/replacing the power supply first.

    submitted by /u/funderbunk
    [link] [comments]

    phone got stolen. need iCloud photo help!

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:58 AM PDT

    I got pickpocketed in Rome and my iPhone was taken.

    I signed into iCloud on my Mac and clicked the option to download phone photos to my photos app but only some photos seem to have been downloaded, not all of them.

    can anyone help me understand why only select photos seem to have been downloaded and is there a way to 'get' them back?

    I was so excited to see some of the trip appear but none of the ones with family/friends :(

    would love to be able to 'save' them if I can.

    thanks

    submitted by /u/Onelittlewho
    [link] [comments]

    I tried to format my mac and now it's not starting, and when I do open recovery OS, it shows an exclamation point over the globe, apple's website's support link, and "-3001F". It's completely bricked at the moment, is there anything I can do?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 03:42 PM PDT

    Trying to daisy-chain an Acer monitor onto a Thunderbolt Display

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:39 AM PDT

    About 3 months ago, I bought a thunderbolt display to use as the main monitor for my 2011 MBP. It has worked flawlessly thus far, but I've recently come into possession of an Acer monitor that I would love to daisy-chain off of my thunderbolt display.

    I know that you cannot directly connect another monitor to the TD, but I bought a thunderbolt/mini-displayport docking station with the hopes of just simply connecting the dock into the back of the TD, and plugging a DisplayPort cable from the Acer into the dock. Sadly, this has not worked so far as my Acer does not recognize anything plugged in.

    I've read from numerous sources that said I should be able to daisy-chain if I have a device like this in between both monitors.

    What am I doing wrong/missing?

    submitted by /u/thefx37
    [link] [comments]

    Problem with mail account

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:33 AM PDT

    Problem -

    A day or two ago, my emails stopped coming through. At the time I was diverting my Gmail and broadband providers email account through my iCloud email rather accessing the via a unified inbox.

    Tried so far -

    • Tried sending myself an email from iCloud to iCloud - mail saved to Outbox.
    • Tried sending to other accounts - delivered OK
    • Reset iCloud password - no difference
    • Signed out and back in to iCloud - no difference
    • Tried to manually set the IMAP and SMTP settings - no difference
    • Sent mail from Gmail - not getting through with Gmail message saying "user over quota"
    • iCloud storage is currently showing 155Gb free
    • Same outcomes on iPhone 6S+ and iPad Pro - assuming not device related

    I'm thinking that my IMAP settings are not being recognised by the server.

    Thoughts / suggestions?

    submitted by /u/rshd301
    [link] [comments]

    Best Macbook to buy at this time?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:24 AM PDT

    In the market of a new laptop, want to go with a Macbook obviously. Was aiming for the 2017 13" MBP but with the reports of the faulty keyboard it sounds like its best to stay away. What would be the best option for a Macbook right now? Looking to do music/video editing, internet browsing/streaming, and work for college. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/SP153
    [link] [comments]

    I no longer get the option to open YouTube pages in the YouTube app when I view them in Safari in my iPhone.

    Posted: 07 May 2018 03:00 PM PDT

    Here's an example of an ebay page in Safari on iOS. The mobile page has a link at the top which reopens the page inside the iOS app.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/kAZQQxV

    I used to get these on YouTube but they've recently disappeared. I've switched to the newest version of 1Blocker and thought it might be that, but I still don't see the link even when that is disabled.

    I've tried reinstalling YouTube, but I just can't get the View in app bar to reappear. Can anyone help?

    submitted by /u/flippinecktucker
    [link] [comments]

    I want to repurpose a dead Air by putting Windows into it without the use of OSX or Bootcamp

    Posted: 07 May 2018 11:00 AM PDT

    I screwed up this Air maybe 2 years ago by putting it into Sleep Mode after it getting a Kernal Panic. I thought that it just overheated because my mac was 5 years old at the time and my mac already kernel panic'd 2 times and I was tired so I slept

    Wake up in the morning and nothing. Damn blinking question mark and folder. I did an over the air install of OSX Lion and it worked. I did my work for the day and put my mac into sleepmode for the night. Next morning, nothing.

    Whenever I placed my mac into sleepmode, it would just eraseOSX, sometimes not. I had it checked out and the guy at the shoppe said that the logic board was cracked. I believed him at the time because it doesnt have a cooler and the PCB probably cracked like how a pyrex product would break if you heat it up and dropped a bead of cold water into it.

    But thinking now I know that he was trying to take advantage of me because I didn't know jack about computers. Which is when I deducted that the problem was the 60gb SSD in the comptuer.

    I tried reviving it to see if it would work recently and I couldnt get Lion to install. I don't know if Apple still does over the air downloads/installs for Lion since it's so old.

    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

    So now I can't get OSX to the Air but it still boots. I want to check if I was right and the problem is actually the SSD so I want to put Windows or Linux if any is possible without the use of OSX or Bootcamp. I heard that Windows cant use EFI and Bootcamps purpose is to partition the main drive AND to simulate something that Windows CAN use to boot.

    I would like to run Win10 or 7 depending on what works and possibly dual boot a Linux distro also

    (Yes i know its the reverse of a hackintosh)

    submitted by /u/d0pe-asaurus
    [link] [comments]

    I purchased an album on my new phone and it downloaded onto my old phone and split up into two albums, some songs on one and some songs on the other. How do I transfer it back to my old phone and make it one album?

    Posted: 07 May 2018 02:33 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel