• Breaking News

    Sunday, May 6, 2018

    Apple Help iPad 2 is disabled, macbook won't recognise it because it's not unlocked and asks to put in pin.

    Apple Help iPad 2 is disabled, macbook won't recognise it because it's not unlocked and asks to put in pin.


    iPad 2 is disabled, macbook won't recognise it because it's not unlocked and asks to put in pin.

    Posted: 06 May 2018 05:27 PM PDT

    So my wifes iPad 2 has been disabled for some months after our daughter took it and tried to unlock it... over the period of a few days or something but now it's just disabled without a time limit.

    Since that time, my wife has a new laptop and a new iTunes account and consequently, this iPad has never been backed-up or synced to this mac.

    When she plugs it in, the mac simply states that it cannot communicate because the iPad is locked and to enter the pin on the iPad to unlock it. Of course, we can't do that because it's disabled.

    Or can we? Is there something I'm missing? I'm very computer literate so if there is a 3rd party app that can help, or hell I don't know, even some Terminal work that can at least allow us to access the photos, that'd be great.

    Would Jailbreaking work?

    submitted by /u/Tasmaniak
    [link] [comments]

    Photos Not Syncing on iMac

    Posted: 06 May 2018 06:07 PM PDT

    Hey, I've got an iMac that while it was made in 2010, has been upgraded and updated along the way. I have Photos and everything used to sync up fine. Now, nothing has synced up since June 2017. There is plenty of room available on the iMac AND in iCloud. We pay for an upgraded subscription monthly and we don't even scratch the surface.

    Photos sync up with our phones, my iPad (not my wife's for whatever reason), and my NEW iMac at work. It does not sync up on my wife's MacBook.

    All the options are checked that I believe need to be checked. iCloud Photo Library and Optimize Mac Storage are checked when you go to Preferences>iCloud.

    Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

    submitted by /u/aaronasu12
    [link] [comments]

    Somebody please help me with my laptop.

    Posted: 06 May 2018 05:53 PM PDT

    Whenever my Macbook Pro is asleep for extended periods of time(A few hours) when I open it and type in my password a progress bar appears under my account. Then it goes to a screen with a crash report says Mac OS could not install correctly. I figured out to avoid this I need to restart it while holding alt and then boot Macintosh HD. How can I fix this bug? It is a MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2017) running OSX 10.13 Thanks!

    submitted by /u/PygmySloth12
    [link] [comments]

    My iphone 6s+ (on ios 11.3) touchscreen isn't working but the home button is.

    Posted: 06 May 2018 01:34 PM PDT

    Grip replacement charge for MacBook?

    Posted: 06 May 2018 04:26 PM PDT

    I have a late-2013 MacBook Pro and the circular black grips on the bottom have cracked/worn off. I contacted Apple support via chat and they said a technician would have to replace them, but, they can't provide pricing options.

    Anyone know how much something like this would cost?

    submitted by /u/xavier_laflamme70
    [link] [comments]

    [Kind of urgent!] I can't empty trash, move items to trash, and all finder actions are way slower than normal.

    Posted: 06 May 2018 06:34 PM PDT

    I'm running on High Sierra, with a 2015 Macbook Pro (Retina). Everything has been working fine until today, and I have no idea what made it go wrong. Another thing that might be worth taking note of is that I can't open some apps through steam anymore, and restarting/shutting down has been fruitless.

    submitted by /u/PeasantPleb
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook pro Messeges app is annoying me.

    Posted: 06 May 2018 09:24 PM PDT

    I have a mid 2012 Macbook pro running high sierra 10.13.2. and the Messages app is displaying an odd error. Almost every time i try and send a message text-message or i-message i recieve an error that the message failed to send, however the message has indeed sent when i check my Synced iphone 6+.

    In additon to that, the messages appear out of order, especially while using non imessage texting. what i mean is that new messages i send appear at the bottom, but new messages i recieve appear above wherever i started typing at an arbitrary point in the conversation, meaning i have to scroll up in the conversation to view new messages.

    Advice would be lovely thanks.

    submitted by /u/jamsta28
    [link] [comments]

    I cracked the camera glass on the back of the phone.

    Posted: 06 May 2018 03:23 PM PDT

    Is it possible to replace without replacing the entire housing?

    submitted by /u/woundedbreakfast
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to make rsync preserve the date created of directories

    Posted: 06 May 2018 05:34 PM PDT

    I'm trying to copy a folder exactly onto my external hard drive using rsync with the following command

    rsync -a --progress [source] [destination]

    I was informed that it would preseve things like permissions and timestamps and things like that. I see that it's preserving the date created for the single files, but shouldn't it preserve the date created for folders/directories too? If it doesn't is there anything I could do so that it would do that?

    I'm on macos 10.13.4

    submitted by /u/Poiqz
    [link] [comments]

    Is there any way to fix this? Because I can't live like this...

    Posted: 06 May 2018 08:27 PM PDT

    iPhone 8+ battery wont charge over 20%

    Posted: 06 May 2018 07:43 PM PDT

    Title sums it up. I put it on the charger and it gets to 20% battery then bounces between 19% and 20%. Bought a new charger and everything. Please help!

    submitted by /u/Nestrada00
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 2017: USB-C extremely hot at charging port + fan makes weird noise

    Posted: 06 May 2018 11:31 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I've had my Macbook Pro for about 5 months now. It gets extremely hot when charging. The keyboard itself gets pretty warm, and the actual charging port is scalding. I feel like I would actually burn my hand if I left a finger on that area for more than a few seconds. It is also very hot on the bottom of the computer.

    I've also noticed that my fan makes a weird noise at times. I'm a student so I'm not doing anything more intensive than working on several documents in Microsoft Word but I can hear my computer fan going wild and then making strange noises.

    My computer is propped up on a stand so there is good airflow.

    I'm not sure what's causing this. Any thoughts?

    submitted by /u/Door_Knob
    [link] [comments]

    Water damaged iPhone 6s...still works?

    Posted: 06 May 2018 03:06 PM PDT

    I'm sure y'all see these all the time but I think my situation is sort of unique and someone might have insight...hopefully?

    My kitten dumped an entire 32oz bottle of ice water on my iPhone 6S, which was sitting on my bed in its case and connected to my Macbook (which is thankfully A-OK) at the time. I wasn't there at the time so I don't know how much time went by where it was sitting in its wet case (the bed soaked up the rest of the water), but as soon as I saw it, I disconnected it and shut it off. Touchscreen and power button were working fine at this point and I set it in rice (which I now know doesn't do anything, but I didn't know that at the time).

    At some point through the night, my phone started powercycling and did not stop for about a day. When I went to check up on it, one of its restarts must have taken, because it was on. Touchscreen was still working, but the power button was not. As tempting as it was to start using it like normal, I shut it off again to prevent further damage.

    Today (now three days out from the incident), I turned it on. It was at 1% battery, but now everything is working. Not a single screen issue, all buttons working like new, it was like nothing had happened. I shut it off again anyway in case there's any water in it that hasn't dried out.

    I'm really not trying to upgrade, I've been very happy with my 6S and money is tight, but the battery will be completely dead by tonight and I'm going to have to charge it at some point -- only from what I can tell, that's a surefire way to destroy it if the water hasn't dried out. I'd take it apart myself and dry it, but I don't have the tools and the local shop will charge me $100 if taking it apart makes it work (at which point, I'd just upgrade). I don't care about any data on the phone, I just want to salvage it.

    TL;DR: if my water-damaged phone is working fine three days later, when can I safely charge it? Can I do anything to get any water out without taking it apart? Or should I just cut my losses and assume that even though it's working now, it'll be fried as soon as I connect it to power?

    submitted by /u/eurydicedalle
    [link] [comments]

    iPad Purchasing Help

    Posted: 06 May 2018 12:49 PM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I'm considering buying a new iPad to replace my current iPad mini 3. I'm considering either the newest iPad (2018) or the iPad Pro 9.7" (2017) with both for the same price with the same storage capacities and the same colour etc.

    The main problems I'm having is the following...

    1) The 2018 iPad doesn't have a fully laminated display which isn't a giant deal but it's something I've grown accustomed to with my iPhone 7. A point to the 9.7 Pro model there.

    2) The 2018 iPad has the A10 Fusion of course but the 2017 9.7" Pro model has the A9X processor. I assume these two are roughly on the same level and handle iOS 11 pretty well? I need someone to clarify that though, I don't wanna drop the money on the Pro model, say, if it's going to be hella slow in a year or two.

    3) Will the Pro model be supported by Apple for the same amount of time roughly as the brand new model?

    4) Is there anything I'm missing in terms of major advantages for one model over the other? The 2018 iPad might have something major which I've missed out on which the iPad Pro 9.7 from last year can't handle.

    Please let me know what you think, especially with regards to the A9X vs the A10 Fusion

    Thanks so much everyone!

    edit - the Pro model is of course a used one, I should have mentioned that!

    submitted by /u/leah_amelia
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 5s charges but doesn’t charge..?

    Posted: 06 May 2018 06:42 PM PDT

    So I have a iPhone 5s 16GB and for some reason, it likes to ONLY charge with my mophie case and nothing else. Weird right? I've tried using a original apple lighting cable to charge it, nope. Original cable with original usb wall adapter, nope. I have an anker lighting cable that I got for my iPhone 8 Plus along with anker's power port II. Tried it with that, still no luck. So my question is, why does it only like charging with my mophie case? I've replaced the battery cause the battery was deceased and before replacing it, it sometimes would charge with cables but always with the mophie case. Now it doesn't with any cable. Anyone have an idea? I suspect it could be a dock issue? Should I buy a new dock replacement from amazon or something? Any help would be much appreciated👍 Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/gasrcboy
    [link] [comments]

    iMovie green screen

    Posted: 06 May 2018 06:36 PM PDT

    I use an iPhone se and iMovie is what I use to edit videos. I want to know how to add a green screen effect or if it's possible. I already know how to put picture in picture but what annoys me is I can't get it to work. If someone could tel me or provide a link to a video or website or just explain it to me, it would be greatly appreciated! Btw, iMovie and my phone are fully updated.

    submitted by /u/Epicduck_
    [link] [comments]

    Configuring second monitor into portrait mode.

    Posted: 06 May 2018 10:58 AM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    So I just had a question, and I was hoping that someone might offer some insight. I hope this is the correct place to ask this. I was wondering if anyone knows how to configure a second montior to display as portrait mode. I am using a MacBook pro, however this isn't exactly a technical question, so I don't feel that all of my hardware details are important. Also, I'm not asking how to flip the screen 90 degrees, but instead how to just flip the orientation of the monitor itself. I'm basically trying to do this, but on my Mac instead of on a Windows PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aV0nd4DgzI. If anyone could provide any insight, I would be very grateful.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/XxEthan70xX
    [link] [comments]

    Which MacBook should I get?

    Posted: 06 May 2018 12:19 PM PDT

    My wife is looking to buy a replacement MacBook. Her budget is $1500 so she is looking at the 13 pro with 256gb storage, 8gb of ram, and a 2.3ghz i5 processor. Best Buy is selling I believe last years model of the MacBook Air for $1350 that is 512gb storage, 8gb of ram, a 2.2ghz i7 processor, and it has the MagSafe charger, usb, & mini display port. To me the air seems like a better deal, but it's not a MacBook Pro. I also have read the new pros have issues with the keyboards. I know the pro also has the better display, but other than that, is there any reason to get the pro vs the air?

    TLDR; wife is buying new MacBook, pro 256gb vs air 512gb?

    submitted by /u/whenihaveaquestion
    [link] [comments]

    Second generation 12.9 iPad Pro charging only to 95%

    Posted: 06 May 2018 08:21 AM PDT

    I'm updating to 11.3.1 as I post this, but the issue is as the title says, leave the iPad over night and it only reaches 95%. It's a repeated problem that only started in this past week.

    submitted by /u/wooden3D
    [link] [comments]

    How do I turn off my Macbook Pro keyboard while having an external monitor

    Posted: 06 May 2018 03:32 PM PDT

    I'd like to be able to turn off the keyboard & trackpad while I already have an USB mouse & keyboard

    submitted by /u/donutholer
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud Mail - Anyone having connectivity problems?

    Posted: 06 May 2018 08:58 AM PDT

    I'm not getting emails through my iCloud account today and possibly for the past few days too. I also have a Gmail account and one with my network provider which both are working fine. They are send and receiving to each other but neither can reach my iCloud account.

    Apple's systems page shows no issues.

    submitted by /u/rshd301
    [link] [comments]

    Can't connect iPhone 7 to Macbook Air with usb lightning cable

    Posted: 06 May 2018 02:30 PM PDT

    Hello,

    when i try to plugin my iPhone to my Macbook, iTunes recognizes it at first but then my iPhone vibrates on and of. It's like i plug it in and out repetitively.

    I tried it also with my iPad and it's the same problem.

    For charging the lightning cable works fine though.

    Had someone else's the same problem and knows how to fix it?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Tastaturri
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7+ - Rear camera and flashlight have failed on me, unusable, and the times it has been usable is unable to focus without going completely green

    Posted: 06 May 2018 09:33 AM PDT

    The only other instance I could find of this problem was on Mashable and that seemed to be a while ago. Is this an error on my part or was this a manufacturing defect? I scheduled a Genius Bar appointment for Saturday but I really don't feel like paying to fix this phone, especially since I'm eligible to upgrade in December. Basically my screen goes black whenever I attempt to utilize the rear view camera, I can't turn on my flashlight, and there's been a few instances where the camera will work but if I even attempt to focus it, it'll turn the whole screen green before going black again. What's up?

    submitted by /u/aadmiralackbar
    [link] [comments]

    will plugging headphones in break my iphone?

    Posted: 06 May 2018 11:50 AM PDT

    i used to have problems with my iphone, my asshole friend fixed my cracked screen and forgot to put some parts back.

    the charging and music stopped working when i plugged headphones in. i got the phone fixed after then and the pros told me plugging headphones in won't affect the system anymore.

    i am wary though. would plugging headphones in affect the system in any way?

    iphone 6

    submitted by /u/spontaneousuicide
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 backlight not working

    Posted: 06 May 2018 11:10 AM PDT

    Hey guys, some months ago I dropped my iPhone 8 in the bathtub (filled with no more than 10cm of water) and at first I didn't have any problems (just some blur in the screen but it went away). But yesterday I put my phone down on a table pretty hard and the screen turned black! But no physical damage was present. So I found out that the only way that I could see the screen is by pointing a flashlight directly to it. And I can se the colors etc, the touch screen is working, 3d touch too. It just looks like that the backlight is broken. So I went to a authorized store of apple and they opened the phone and said that it was corroded by water and the sensors were active so no warranty repair was available...I was like oh sh.t...but I am sure that the backlightit is not connected to the water incident that I had some months ago...Also what happened is that when I got back my phone from the store it started to work perfectly fine again! But then after 6/7 hours it stopped again.. I think it is a broken conenctor_ idk.. Is there something that I can do to avoid paying for a Refurbished phone? Do you think that by just replacing the screen by myself it would be fixed? Has anyone had this problem? Is it normal that the iphone 8 is not water resistant at all? thank you

    submitted by /u/wonderboy30
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel