• Breaking News

    Saturday, May 5, 2018

    Apple Help 1 An error occurred while copying the Windows installation files.

    Apple Help 1 An error occurred while copying the Windows installation files.


    1 An error occurred while copying the Windows installation files.

    Posted: 05 May 2018 09:22 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro 13" 2017 3.5Ghz/16GB RAM/512GB NVMe

    macOS High Sierra v10.13.4

    ISO I'm trying to install: 16299.0.171109-1522.rs3_release_svc_refresh_CLIENT_CONSUMER_X64FRE_en-us

    I already posted in the Apple Support forums but I am trying to field more responses because there still isn't a resolution: https://discussions.apple.com/message/33371416?ac_cid=op123456#33371416

    Screenshot of the error: https://imgur.com/a/0YmSA45

    I get the following error: An error occurred while copying the Windows installation files.

    After partition has finished. I read some other threads and saw that this is about Build 1711 not working for Boot Camp. But I have no way of obtaining an older version of Windows 10 since I get the free education version from my University.

    submitted by /u/tim81517lh
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 6 no sim CARD?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 02:05 PM PDT

    I am a little confused about this, I am under my family's plan under Virgin Mobile, after my Motorola phone broke, I bought an iphone 6 today and when I turn it on, it asks me to connect to a wifi network (which I can do) but afterwards I get a message saying "It may take a few minutes to activate your iPhone" and a few seconds later it says "SIM Required. Please insert a SIM card."

    Was I supposed to get a SIM card when I bought this phone? Or if my phone has a SIM card, could it be damaged? I am not sure if this is something I should contact Apple, Virgin Mobile or the store about.

    submitted by /u/complete40000
    [link] [comments]

    My IPhone 6s screened turned white. I turned it off and now it won't turn back on.

    Posted: 05 May 2018 04:27 PM PDT

    About fifteen minutes ago, my IPhone 6S's screen spontaneously turned white, so I performed a hard reset. Problem is, it won't turn back on. I'd also like to note that I gently lowered a weight down onto the screen by accident just enough to crack it, in case the white screen coincides with that incident. Help?

    submitted by /u/ChromosomeFlu
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X/Apple Watch Charging Pad

    Posted: 05 May 2018 03:41 PM PDT

    Hi All, I'm currently on holiday on the U.S from the UK and I'm hoping to purchase a wireless charging pad for my X and Watch.

    Which are the best ones currently in the market? Very limited to little in the UK

    submitted by /u/deyno1903
    [link] [comments]

    Headphone audio stutters when I press on one or both sides of phone

    Posted: 05 May 2018 05:09 PM PDT

    I've noticed that if I press ever so slightly on one or both sides of my phone, the audio stutters and sometimes disappears until I've stopped pressing. It doesn't have to be hard, just a normal tap on the phone is enough for the audio to stutter. Imagine this phone in my skinny jeans pocket, getting squeezed constantly. I'd guess that something is loose inside the phone, but I'm not sure. I found that I can just simply replace the lightning port / 3.5mm combo, but if it's the connector itself that is the problem, switching 3.5mm jack would do nothing.

    I tested pressing on both sides hard, having it in my pocket etc. on an iPhone 6 and 5s, and nothing happened, which narrows the field to my phone being the problem.

    What do you guys think? Would a replacement lightning port and 3.5mm combo work? Is the logic board connector glitching? I could open the phone and see if anything is loose, but I just wanted to hear other opinions before I go rogue.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/holtenberg
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro randomly restarting - thought it was a kernel panic but not sure

    Posted: 05 May 2018 08:54 PM PDT

    I'm having a few problems with my MBP randomly restarting... it is perfectly usable, but when it goes to sleep mode or I close the lid it will restart randomly. Very rarely it will shut down during use when the battery level is below 8%.

    At first it was happening, it gave me an error message similar to those I've seen online for a kernel panic but with no error report. I thought it might be this so I erased the hard drive and reinstalled the OS completely.

    Now it restarts with no error message and only when it's sleeping.

    Sometimes I leave the power cable plugged in and try to wake it from sleep mode and it won't turn on until I disconnect the power cable also. Otherwise it works perfectly when I do want to use it. Does this sound more like hardware?

    I've only replaced this MacBook Pro 2 years ago after another expensive hardware fault with my last. Feeling a little disappointed and considering going back to windows if this is an expensive fix.

    submitted by /u/jessinpyjamas
    [link] [comments]

    iPad mini 3 is drunk

    Posted: 05 May 2018 07:26 PM PDT

    I have an iPad mini 3 and today, it was around 70% charged and the screen froze and went black. I had assumed it shut off so I went to turn it back on. Nothing. Went to hard reset it. Nothing. Plugged it into the computer and got an OXE800002D error code. The bizarre part is after messing with it for awhile, I heard it start taking screenshots and sure enough in my iCloud are black photos from the iPad.

    I tried googling a bunch of stuff but I am not sure what the heck to look up for this. Don't wanna call Apple support yet and geek squad is closed right now ):

    Halp?

    submitted by /u/TheUnluckyNugget
    [link] [comments]

    So many Clipboard apps for mac . Which one do you use and what do you like about it ?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 07:24 AM PDT

    So many Clipboard apps. Which one is best ?

    submitted by /u/desidevil
    [link] [comments]

    What happens if someone Facetime/iMessage me while my SIM card is out of my iPhone?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 05:07 PM PDT

    To expand on the title: if I use 2 SIM cards from different networks on the same iPhone (same iCloud account on iPhone for both SIM cards), what happens if I receive a Facetime call to SIM #1's number while I have SIM #2 in the phone?

    Do I see the missed Facetime/iMessage if I put SIM #1 back in the phone?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/AceFebreze
    [link] [comments]

    Apple ID disabled, can’t log in iPhone

    Posted: 05 May 2018 04:40 PM PDT

    I need to login to my sister's iPhone through the Apple ID that was first used to set up the phone. However, it was disabled for security reasons, and in order to be enabled, the password needs to be changed. The way I found to do that is by sending a recovery to the e-mail linked to the account. The issue is that this backup email is the iCloud one, which is accessed on the iPhone, which I can't login in the first place due to the fact that the Apple ID was disabled. How can I access this email to change the password, if not through the iPhone?

    submitted by /u/DarkNightSeven
    [link] [comments]

    Got an old iMac that won't turn on

    Posted: 05 May 2018 09:12 AM PDT

    Not sure when this iMac is from but my friend estimated 2011-2013 ish. Anyways when I first turned it on the backlight turned on and it made the bootup sound, but nothing happened after that. I had to put in my own hard drive so I did that, then turned it on again, holding command opt r p, and now the backlight won't even turn on. Thanks for the help

    submitted by /u/AwezomePozzum9265
    [link] [comments]

    my 6s plus screen is shaking

    Posted: 05 May 2018 10:39 AM PDT

    i just bought my 6s plus 2 weeks ago and after using it for 3 days it sometimes become shaky while scrolling or while opening the notification or the spotlight and when reducing the brightness all the way it get back to normal and i noticed that it always happens while charging I'm on ios 11.2.2 and using the original charger is the problem from the screen or the ios or what??

    submitted by /u/mostafaMamduuh
    [link] [comments]

    Monitor for Mac

    Posted: 05 May 2018 01:31 PM PDT

    Hey guys, it seems the Ultrafine 5k monitors are the "best" Apple display replacements currently.

    I am still rocking a 27" Apple LED Cinema Display and a 23" older Apple display (this one is starting to die now).

    I was looking at Ultrawide's but I think they're a gimmick.

    I mostly do design work.

    https://www.amazon.com/LG-38UC99-W-38-Inch-UltraWide-Bluetooth/dp/B01LW54S4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1525552199&sr=1-1&keywords=lg+38uc99

    Something like this but not curved?

    I'd probably have to get rid of the 27" Apple LED display.

    submitted by /u/rsoatz
    [link] [comments]

    do we need to transfer applecare+

    Posted: 05 May 2018 01:18 PM PDT

    I bought a macbook pro off of someone (he does not have receipt anymore). and he has applecare + until Dec 2020. ( purchased in dec 2017). I have heard conflicting reports, some say the applecare+ is tied to serial #, others say the owner. which one is it? and if so, how do i transfer everthing to me? If I ever do need it serviced, I dont want to have them ship the laptop to him, etc.

    submitted by /u/naim_the_dream91
    [link] [comments]

    Updating a game client when SSD system storage hopped from 98gbs to 198 gbs.

    Posted: 05 May 2018 12:47 PM PDT

    Was about 3 thirds of the way through "configuring files" on the World of Warships mac client when low storage popped up on my Macbook, installation then stopped due to "no more space"

    I went and checked my storage and my system storage went from 98gbs to 198gbs completely filling up my 251 SSD.

    I have appointment with genius tomorrow but i would like to save the trip if at all possible.

    I have a 2014 13' MCP wit 251 SSD. I have had issues before where they thought my HD was failing since it would fail to boot. They reloaded iOS and it worked better not not back to 100% If I had too many programs running it would do the rainbow spin wheel and I would have to HArd Restart.

    submitted by /u/CapitalsFan61
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes backup button ghosted, cannot backup iPod touch.

    Posted: 05 May 2018 12:01 PM PDT

    Running latest version of iTunes, Ipod touch is 8GB from 2007. I tried quit iTunes and go to cmd and type "%ProgramFiles%\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt DeviceBackupsDisabled 0 did not solve issue.

    submitted by /u/dasAmiga
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get any free help from Apple when buying a new iMac.

    Posted: 05 May 2018 11:58 AM PDT

    I've had my first iMac (Leopard 10.5.8) for ten years. I think I'm ready for a new one. After all this time you'd think I'd be well-versed in technology. Sadly not. I'm filled with fear and trepidation.

    Does Apple offer any free help? Like transferring of files, or cleaning? The thing can be slow, so I'm wondering if it has a virus. I wouldn't want to give that to the new one. And I'm ashamed to say that I have never backed anything up. I know you need to do that before you go to the store.

    Fortunately, there's not much content on it. There's less than 100 photos. No real work.

    Can anyone please help?

    submitted by /u/addjewelry
    [link] [comments]

    Voice Memos Skips When Using AirPods

    Posted: 05 May 2018 11:53 AM PDT

    Has this happened to anyone else? When I use my AirPods and listen to my voice memos, the quality goes really bad and the timer gets stuck and even goes backwards, producing a glitchy playback that is unlistenable.

    Sounds like a Bluetooth issue but everything else playbacks just fine.

    submitted by /u/grandcity
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Air 13 white dots on screen

    Posted: 05 May 2018 11:42 AM PDT

    Hello,

    Can these white dots in the corner of my screen be fixed somehow?

    https://imgur.com/XduMfRN

    submitted by /u/fezziee
    [link] [comments]

    Visual Voicemail not working

    Posted: 05 May 2018 11:08 AM PDT

    My visual voicemail doesn't work. My wife and I both have 8 Plus and hers doesn't have the same issue. I've tried hard reset, reset network settings, resetting up voicemail, calling ATT twice to test with them... no luck. Anybody have any suggestions?

    Note: there is no error or anything. Sometimes I will see the loading bar pop up "transcribing voicemails" but nothing ever happens. Audio vm still works as normal.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/MrNewMoney
    [link] [comments]

    Why won't iCloud let me upload to it?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 09:43 AM PDT

    Over the last four or five days, I've been unable to upload anything to iCloud. I can download no worries, and Photos and Notes still sync fine, but I can't put Pages/Numbers/Keynote files there. This is a HUGE problem as I have to make many presentations and show documents on overhead computer projectors (I'm a university teacher). So, the last few days I've had to use OneDrive and the online Office apps to do my work, which is sort of a pain, as I constantly have to remember what to move over to OneDrive so it's available online; I've had my iCloud docs set up for a long time.

    The issue, I should mention, happens to all my devices, iPad, Mac, and iPhone. From none of them can I upload to iCloud.

    submitted by /u/HungarianStan
    [link] [comments]

    mac os x warning inode_val invalid bsd_flags disk utility

    Posted: 05 May 2018 08:11 AM PDT

    i have high sierra running 2013 rMBP apfs

    i declutterd and wanted to run duet on my ipad pro

    it connected in mirror window mode i went to duet settings and it beach balled could not kill it so i choose to restart had to wait a long because itunes was syncing but finally screen went black but keyboard still illuminated so i knew it hadn't rebooted short press power key would turn off key lights but pressing again would turn them on after waiting i decided to hard shut down with long power key press

    i like to run recovery mode disk utility recovery every time i force shutdown

    this time i got many warnings likes this in 8 stages

    warning inode_val invalid bsd_flags

    at the end it says it ran ok

    but whenever disk utility repairs something i always run it again it to double check

    it found the same errors

    warning inode_val invalid bsd_flags

    and it said it fixed them

    i rebooted and went into recovery mode and got same error

    google doesn't find any similar reports

    any help?

    i regret converting to apfs

    looks like time machine restore AGAIN

    this the second time i have had apfs errors that disk utility can't fix

    submitted by /u/Dogbeefporklamb
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with signing into my Apple ID because I had 2 Step Authentication and i forgot my ID's trusted phone number.

    Posted: 05 May 2018 08:05 AM PDT

    I remember the password to my account, however I can't sign because I don't have my trusted phone number. I really need my account back because I did everything on it and have multiple purchases on it. Is it possible to do this online or through Apple Support or am i screwed?

    submitted by /u/FloodlitGet
    [link] [comments]

    What size precision screwdriver to open Macbook’s battery torx?

    Posted: 05 May 2018 07:52 AM PDT

    2007 btw... i can't find torx drivers so want to use a regular screwdriver... but what size?

    submitted by /u/scaredrat
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad display issue. Definitely its not damaged !! A8 process 9.7inch ipad display is not working and displays a cablecut TV like meshy display and after few hours of such crap screen it becomes normal for few minutes and works well for few minutes before becoming crappy again. Can anyone please help

    Posted: 05 May 2018 05:49 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel