• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 7, 2018

    Apple Watch I know I posted this app before but perhaps some Apple Watch walkers and hikers missed it. Workoutdoors app lets you see in real-time the trail paths and also has breadcrumbs so you can always track back. Highly recommend it.

    Apple Watch I know I posted this app before but perhaps some Apple Watch walkers and hikers missed it. Workoutdoors app lets you see in real-time the trail paths and also has breadcrumbs so you can always track back. Highly recommend it.


    I know I posted this app before but perhaps some Apple Watch walkers and hikers missed it. Workoutdoors app lets you see in real-time the trail paths and also has breadcrumbs so you can always track back. Highly recommend it.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 12:22 AM PST

    Changing my app layout from grid view to list view has made navigating apps on my S3 soo much easier and convenient!

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 12:46 PM PST

    Eye of the Tiger starts playing as I begin downing a Big Mac

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 05:08 PM PST

    Apple Watch bands $25 at Wal-Mart, YMMV

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:20 AM PST

    I was walking through my local Wal-Mart yesterday and noticed they had all of the genuine Apple bands marked down from $49 to $25.

    Not a huge selection, but they had black woven nylon, black sport, and product (red) sport, each available in both 38mm and 42mm.

    https://i.imgur.com/XQn97u0.jpg

    submitted by /u/WI_Brewer
    [link] [comments]

    Does the GPS only model allow you to use maps and track the location travelled without your phone?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:25 AM PST

    Was wondering if pairing your phone is required for Apple maps on the GPS only model. Would i be able to leave my phone behind (don't care about being contactable) and still track my paths to locations I've never explored?

    I'm completely new to this so pardon me. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/ThouShallSeeDeath
    [link] [comments]

    Walking directions on Apple Watch

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 12:38 AM PST

    Has anyone ever used walking directions on Maps on the watch? Today I was lost in the outskirts of the city in the freezing cold, and to get to my destination, I had to weave in and out of this neighbourhood. Instead of having to take my hands out and hold my phone, or even look at my watch, my watch just tapped me to tell me when to turn right or left! So goddamn convenient. My hands stayed in my pockets the entire time and I knew where to go from taptic feedback!

    submitted by /u/hybridhighway
    [link] [comments]

    Real time workout display on iPhone?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:21 AM PST

    I was on the treadmill last night (with my phone on the book stand), and it occurred to me that it would be nice to see my workout data (and rings) on my iPhone display instead of raising my arm to read my watch. Anyone know of an app or a setting that allows this? I'm thinking something akin to nightstand mode on the watch...

    submitted by /u/markmeeks
    [link] [comments]

    How often do you lose a workout?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:21 AM PST

    Just did a 10km run with my Apple Watch using the workout app. Got to the end, saved ok, but doesn't show up in activities and obviously can't sync it to Strava/smashrun using RunGap etc.

    How often does this happen to you? Second time in about 20 runs for me. Any apps better/worse? Want to minimise chance of this happening during a big run or a PB.

    submitted by /u/Damomk
    [link] [comments]

    I love Modular watch face and here is how I use it. Curious to learn how other redditors use watch faces to maximize utility of apple watch.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 07:40 AM PST

    I love Modular watch face because it offers the most complications, which I find informative. I have had Apple Watch since Series 0, and over the years, have developed a "system" of watch faces that uses the ease of left-right swiping to switch faces and works really well for me.

    I have setup 4 watch faces for four distinct purposes:

    1. @ work -- Modular watch face with 5 complications -- Upper Left - Day/Date; Middle - MS Outlook; Lower Left - Things; Lower Middle - Weather; Lower Right - Activity.

    2. @ home -- Modular watch face with 5 complications -- Upper Left - Timer; Middle - Apple News; Lower Left - Philips Hue; Lower Middle - Apple Remote; Lower Right - Activity.

    3. @ gym -- Modular watch face with 5 complications -- Upper Left - Workout; Middle - Health Face; Lower Left - Breathe; Lower Middle - Strava; Lower Right - Heart Watch.

    4. In bed -- X-Large watch face with the only available complication set to Sunrise/Sunset.

    Share how you use watch faces. I am eager learn creative new ways of using Apple Watch to its maximum potential.

    Edit: Compilation > Complication

    submitted by /u/digitron
    [link] [comments]

    Animated Sheikah Slate Wallpaper for Apple Watch

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:26 PM PST

    Native Apple apps not installing

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 06:26 AM PST

    So I had to unpair when I got a replacement phone a couple weeks ago. After re-pairing it, apps like Calendar, Stocks, News, Weather wont finish installing on the watch. They just have the grayed-out app symbol, making it look like they are installing with various progresses but they never finish. I've unpaired/repaired a couple times since, updated the watchOS, etc, but had no luck.

    Any ideas? Sorry if I butchered this description.

    submitted by /u/roundanfieldroad
    [link] [comments]

    Apple watch band exchanges?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 06:15 AM PST

    Does a website exist specifically for exchanging/selling watch bands?

    I have a gray woven nylon I'd like to exchange.

    submitted by /u/PapaEchoLincoln
    [link] [comments]

    Unpairing/Pairing - Ease My Mind

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 05:53 AM PST

    In September 2017 I started working out every day to help close my rings. I got to an 87 day streak and my watch started getting a little buggy so I unpaired. Turns out I didn't have the right backup settings (I had a backup of my phone on my computer but it wasn't encrypted so it didn't do health data, and I didn't have health data in iCloud either), and I lost all my data. Since then I've turned on health backup in iCloud and built up my streak again (113!). But my watch is getting buggy again. I really don't want to have to start over — is health data saving to iCloud a guarantee that if I unpair, reboot, and repair I will still have all my data? Sorry for the paranoia, and thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/rawr_imfierce
    [link] [comments]

    This challenges app is pretty crap

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:51 AM PST

    I mean, it's a good idea in some ways, like completing against others and in turn getting your stats up but in other ways it's rewarding people for pretty piss poor activity goals. Regularly seeing people top their teams with goals of around 200 calories a day when people with 500+ goals are at the bottom. Just seems a bit pointless I guess. Meh, just my opinion.

    submitted by /u/wilehandlin
    [link] [comments]

    I’m sorry if this is a dumb question... how well does Apple Watch 3 work over WiFi?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 10:00 PM PST

    Thinking of getting an Apple Watch 3. I just got an iPhone 8 today after upgrading from a galaxy 3. Woo!

    So my situation. Using it while at work, I'm a sysadmin and I run around my building quite often. I would like to be able to leave my phone in my office while I go out on jobs. I would remain on the same network. Wanting to send and receive sms and iMessages.

    I'm never not around WiFi. So I don't think the extra $80 is worth getting the cellular feature. I also have no music so storage isn't an issue. I want a Fitbit but I think using that money towards an Apple Watch would work better for me in the long run.

    Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/ancientpsychicpug
    [link] [comments]

    Is there an Apple Watch app that will vibrate/notify you if you move too far away from your phone?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 02:55 PM PST

    For example if you were at a bar and left your phone on the table when leaving, it would notify you that you that you have left it behind.

    Kinda like an alarm whenever the watch goes out of range/a user set range from the phone.

    submitted by /u/blaaaahhhhh
    [link] [comments]

    I think I’ve earned my Netflix, mom.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:50 PM PST

    Dim vertical lines in Series 2 Display

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 12:10 AM PST

    I've noticed small, very dim vertical lines in the display of my Apple Watch ever since I bought it last September. They're visible to the naked eye especially when the background is a solid color. Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/deamt
    [link] [comments]

    Is there's a way to get around with WIFI with Apple Watch?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 06:01 PM PST

    So, I would like to go to the gym with just my Apple Watch connected to the wifi at 24 hours fitness but unfortunately they have this thing similar to Starbucks wifi where you have to click a button to login. Is there's anyway around that? Or do you think Apple will introduce something that would allow us to click the submit button in the future?

    submitted by /u/chinuyasha
    [link] [comments]

    What’s the best app for sleep?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 01:14 PM PST

    I'd like to keep a bit better track of my sleep. I've looked over all of the apps and it's always been overwhelming to find the better of any one of any category of apps. I don't like to wear my watch to sleep so I'd like to avoid that, if possible. Thanks

    submitted by /u/thankgod4chkn
    [link] [comments]

    Does the watch count double activity?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 08:12 PM PST

    So I have an app I use for weight lifting and noticed today it synced to my health data. I normally use the workout apps on my watch at the gym since my app didn't used to count calories or go toward exercise time.

    Basically since I used both today, did I get double the time and calories? https://i.imgur.com/fxNGISs.jpg

    Hope this makes sense.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Hyemp
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel