• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 7, 2018

    Apple TV TV says HDR, Apple TV says 4K. ATV seems to be right. What to do?

    Apple TV TV says HDR, Apple TV says 4K. ATV seems to be right. What to do?


    TV says HDR, Apple TV says 4K. ATV seems to be right. What to do?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 09:03 PM PST

    Hi everyone,

    Just got a new ATV 4K. I have it set to 4K HDR, match content for video and audio. When I play HDR content, my TV input info (a Samsung KS8000—an HDR10 TV without Dolby Vision support) shows it's 4K and HDR. When I swipe down on the ATV, it says it's 4K, no HDR.

    I have tested this with iTunes movies, Prime Video, YouTube, and Netflix.

    Apple TV is set to 4K HDR 60Hz. All other formats were successfully tested under match content and I also used the "test cable" option.

    Also tried a complete reset of the ATV. I'm at a loss of what else to try. Any ideas? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/sudomakeitrain
    [link] [comments]

    Hooking up Apple TV 4K to Xbox one x.

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 08:31 PM PST

    Is it possible to hook up the Apple TV to the Xbox one x and still retain 4K hdr? I was hoping somebody might have an answer. I'm out of hdmi ports and was thinking of buying a splitter but if I could connect the Apple TV to the Xbox that would save some time and money. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/lettermaker
    [link] [comments]

    Definitive list of Apple TV Siri voice commands?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 03:02 PM PST

    Is there a list posted anywhere? Or is this all just tribal knowledge passed down from generations. Ancient words only spoken in sacred ceremony?

    Help! (Apple TV 4K user here)

    submitted by /u/BakedPotatoBlues
    [link] [comments]

    A Complete Guide to Every Apple TV Show in Development

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 10:16 AM PST

    Youtube on Apple TV 4 with Remote app on iPhone

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 08:54 AM PST

    Apple TV gen 4. Using the Apple TV Remote app on my iPhone, instead of the Siri remote. If I use Siri to search Youtube, then I can no longer navigate the Youtube app. I have to exit out to the home screen and then reopen Youtube.

    Anyone else seeing this?

    submitted by /u/Flickflack5678
    [link] [comments]

    Saving private Ryan 4k?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 05:08 PM PST

    What are the chances if I get this now for $9.99 it will get the 4k upgrade in may when the 4k version comes out ?

    Like dark knight trilogy https://m.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Paramount/DreamWorks/4K/steven-spielbergs-saving-private-ryan-arriving-on-4k-ultra-hd-bluray-in-may/41068

    submitted by /u/RockstarGTA6
    [link] [comments]

    Size of the ATV4K buffer?

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:48 PM PST

    Hey all:

    So, I've taken to 4K video tinkering recently and I've noticed that my ATV4K has issues streaming 4K HDR content at high bitrates from my Mac Mini via Home Sharing. I'm trying to figure out what could be causing this, and was hoping someone here could lend some advice. My setup:

    • 2012 Mac Mini (i5 2.3Ghz Ivy Bridge, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD 7200RPM, ethernet adapter set manually to 1Gbps with energy efficiency disabled)
    • 32GB ATV 4K
    • Gigabit ethernet everywhere (entire house is wired with a 24-port Netgear Prosafe Gigabit switch)
    • Netgear Nighthawk (R7000) running Shibby Tomato with a 1Gbps connection from FIOS

    I've tested the network thoroughly and am able to get reliable speeds of between 700Mbps - 900Mbps over LAN and WAN for most devices. An internet speed test from the Mac Mini gets around 550Mbps down and 900Mbps up. So, I don't think my network connectivity and speeds are the issue.

    The files in question have a total bitrate between 21 and 28 Mbps, and file size varies significantly (one file was 9GB, another 24GB). From a pure Mbps standpoint, both should be well within what I can stream without hitches, but I've noticed that when I play these files, the AppleTV never loads "ahead" of the play point when I watch the playtime indicator: it's always right at the play point, and around 5-10 times an hour of playback, the video will stop to buffer.

    Has anyone else experienced this kind of behavior? I'm really trying to make Home Sharing work, but a large part of why I upgraded to the ATV4K was to take advantage of both 4K and HDR output (and hopefully soon, Dolby Atmos). With lower-bitrate 4K files, I don't seem to have this stuttering issue: it's only recently, as I've gotten higher quality files, that I've seen this issue arise. Do I need a more powerful machine than the Mac Mini to stream this content?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/spectheintro
    [link] [comments]

    4K Upgrade Issues

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 04:43 PM PST

    I have a bunch of movies bought or redeemed directly in iTunes that haven't upgraded to 4K. The moron (iTunes Senior Advisor) I've been dealing with for OVER TWO MONTHS on this issue just told me via email:

    "While looking into your case, based on our research. The Item ID for each movie provided, reflects an HD copy of the movie. This HD copy was provided from the movie studio and would need to be replaced by the movie studio."

    "I'm truly sorry that is isn't the outcome we hoped for. The final answer is that due to the codes being 3rd party provided, we have to reach out to that 3rd party. The info in which you are referencing is for items purchased in the iTunes Store. The items in which you are concerned with are digital copies of the movies that were provided by the movie studio. In this case you would want to reach out to the movie studio support. "

    EVEN THOUGH THE POLICY IS:

    If you PURCHASED a movie or REDEEMED a Digital Copy IN iTunes AND it's available in iTunes in 4K, you get a free 4K upgrade and will be able to play that back in 4K on the Apple TV 4K.

    I am pulling my hair out y'all. Any suggestions?

    P.S. This is the same genius who asked if I was placing my 4K Discs INTO the AppleTV 4K and still not getting 4K playback.

    submitted by /u/Zachpincus
    [link] [comments]

    Is everyone’s Apple TV still showing up as an accessory on Home app? Mine’s disappeared. I’m on iOS 11.3 beta4

    Posted: 06 Mar 2018 11:11 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel