• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 8, 2018

    Apple Wallpaper Wednesday [March 07]

    Apple Wallpaper Wednesday [March 07]


    Wallpaper Wednesday [March 07]

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 05:10 AM PST

    Hello, /r/Apple, and welcome to Wallpaper Wednesday!

    Liven up your desktop space or iOS device with some new UI scenery! Please respect the rules below and upload the highest quality image you can find.


    Rules

    1. Please use a reputable image host like imgur.com.
    2. No NSFW posts.
    3. Directly linked images only (albums are acceptable).

    This thread will remain stickied for 24 hours. At that time, the thread will remain active, and an archives link will be posted in the sidebar for easy access. You may also find archives here.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    California to Introduce 'Right to Repair' Bill Requiring Smartphone Manufacturers to Offer Repair Info and Parts

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 05:09 PM PST

    MKBHD: The Apple ecosystem explained

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:00 PM PST

    Stolen Apple account credentials can be acquired from 'dark web' markets for just $15

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 07:23 AM PST

    iPad Pro With Face ID Will 'Likely' Debut at WWDC 2018 in Early June

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 09:21 AM PST

    Chinese Report Says $150-$200 HomePod and $799-$899 MacBook Air to Launch This Year

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 08:36 AM PST

    FBI again calls for magical solution to break into encrypted phones

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 12:38 PM PST

    Apple-Owned Workflow App Updated With New 'Mask Image' Action - Mac Rumors

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 03:32 PM PST

    Apple Releases Safari Technology Preview 51 With Bug Fixes and Feature Improvements

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 09:58 AM PST

    How to protect your iPhone data with privacy controls built in to iOS 11

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:16 PM PST

    The Mystery of the Slow Downloads - Panic Blog

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 10:52 AM PST

    iPhone 8 --> iPhone SE

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 10:03 AM PST

    Even though I have a 256gb iPhone 8, I'm tempted to downgrade to an SE. I've been using my old iPhone 5 as an iPod for a while now and I prefer the smaller form factor. The 8 is by far the fastest phone I've ever used, has an incredible camera, and has surprisingly good battery life. If I were to downgrade, would I be compromising too much? Would there be a noticeable difference in the camera department? Can the A9 handle iOS 11 or even 12?

    submitted by /u/sbury55
    [link] [comments]

    I have a 15in 2017 2.8 Ghz 16GB 512 SSD, radeon 555. I want to downgrade to a 13in machine.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 05:36 PM PST

    Is it worth selling or trading? Or should I wait for the new 2018 13inch to come out, since theres a possibility that will also come with a decent dGPU. I don't have apple care on the machine though. One thing to note is that I'm not a software engineer and I don't really have the need for such a powerful machine. Having said that I do like having a machine thats good enough for future proofing reasons. Can someone shed some insight?

    submitted by /u/hazelnutbrah
    [link] [comments]

    Google Debuts 'Android P' With Support for iPhone X-Style Notches

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 11:13 AM PST

    Beats Studio3 give short random screeches. Defective? I tried searching Google and the Apple Product Support pages to no avail.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 11:02 PM PST

    I just purchased a pair of Beats Studio3 headphones from BestBuy about a week ago. So far they've been great but my only complaint is every once in a while (usually when they're just idling on my head after a movie is over or when a song is paused - no sound) a loud split-second electronic screech will burst through the speakers. At first I was just mildly annoyed but thought it might've been a random signal. But tonight it happened again and I just about tossed my coffee in the air because it caught me off guard. Has anyone else had problems with this? I've been searching around Google and the Apple BeatsByDre website for some kind of clue but haven't found any signs. I may end up returning them, albeit I don't want to if this is normal for Beats. So far it's happened when connected to my Android device as well as my Macbook Pro.

    EDIT: If this isn't the right place for this post, please let me know and I'll take it down and move it to another sub.

    submitted by /u/HerrowPries
    [link] [comments]

    I can see "Place subject within stage light" all the damn time. My iPhone 8 sucks or I don't know how to use it

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 10:41 PM PST

    I'm trying to get Portrait photo of some objects but all I see is message "Place subject within stage light". Circle is white and not yellow, so my photos don't have filter applied. Does this feature works only on humans or what? I was able get yellow circle only once while shooting around like crazy (took photo of my backpack on the ground lol). I have no idea how to take Portrait pictures with Stage Light. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/doles
    [link] [comments]

    What health apps are you guys using?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 10:11 AM PST

    I searched to try and find some but most posts are 2 or 3 years old.

    Edit: thanks guys for all the feedback! I'm looking to try a couple more Apps to keep track of health data.

    submitted by /u/_lolfuckyou
    [link] [comments]

    Password from Mac Keychain not syncing to iPhone

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:54 PM PST

    I have it on for both devices. What have I done wrong?

    submitted by /u/whisperingsweater
    [link] [comments]

    Apps not using keyboard shortcuts

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 10:58 AM PST

    Have you noticed that third party apps rarely use keyboard shortcuts (despite word processors)? How is a good way to start asking for them? For example in Youtube is quite familiar to play/pause using the space bar or go 10 secs forward or backwards.

    submitted by /u/Rodry2808
    [link] [comments]

    Headphones that connect directly through lightning port?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 08:57 PM PST

    Hey all.

    I'm an android user myself, but my friends birthday is coming up and she really likes the Kraken V2 headphones from Razer: https://www.razerzone.com/gaming-accessories/kitty-ears-for-razer-kraken . However because she has an Iphone 7 she doesn't have a headphone jack, I'm wondering if there are any headphones that connect through the lightning port directly and also have a similar aesthetic to the ones mentioned earlier. (Aesthetic meaning cat ears)

    She does not have a dongle and thinks they are stupid, I already had that talk lol.

    submitted by /u/Erubya
    [link] [comments]

    ibooks issues

    Posted: 08 Mar 2018 01:38 AM PST

    Has anyone been having problems with their audiobooks on their iphone lately. I've got a few audiobooks on my phone, ones that were not bought directly through ibooks/audible. And for the last few months they've been working fine, but as of yesterday, right in the middle of using them. One book just up and completely disappeared from my phone, and several others had random chapters that moved out of ibooks and into the music app.

    Today I've gone and deleted them all off my phone, and re-added them in. Made sure they were all set as Audiobook category, renamed them properly to reflect their chapters(as some that were still staying in ibooks starting randomly moving the names around and incorrectly showing chapters.) but it still isn't working. I added one book in, and the first two chapters show in music app, the rest in ibooks. I've even tried going through the audible app and the same problem exists tehre.

    Has anyone else been having these problems, or found a fix, cos it is driving me nuts, and I'm almost considering getting rid of this phone to go android(I don't want to but im on the verge) so I don't have to deal with this, it's one of the main functions of my phone I use and it's ruining my day at work.

    submitted by /u/smaghammer
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro without touchbar dual displays

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 04:09 PM PST

    Does anyone have a good solution for a dual display setup using the new MacBook Pro without Touchbar? So only two USB-C ports. I need to be able to still charge my laptop and also use an ethernet adapter while having the two displays connected. So far I'm unable to find a solution that would do the job. Any advice would be highly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/oliverbrix
    [link] [comments]

    Note-taking apps and art apps for iPad pro and pencil

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 07:51 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I'm a high school student and my iPad pro 9.7" and apple pencil arrives tomorrow. I plan to use this iPad throughout post secondary as well. I want to use it mainly for digital art and for schoolwork/note taking; any suggestions or recommendations for apps?

    So far I've considered Procreate for the art, and Notability for note-taking.

    Notes: - I want background to be customisable (grid, not white paper, etc) - voice recording optional but would be nice - highlighting is a must - infinite scroll preferred - generally just a good app

    Art: - wide selection of brushes - palm rejection, pressure sensitivity, etc - import/export in PNG/PSD - layers, lots of layers, and stuff like "multiply" or "add(glow)/luminosity" - also generally a good recommended app

    Any other school related app recommendations would be appreciated :) thank you

    submitted by /u/Skrubette
    [link] [comments]

    Can't Upgrade From Lion at All. App Store Blocking the Upgrade.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2018 11:31 PM PST

    I have a 2010 Mac Mini that had a disk HD in it that had High Sierra on it. I accidentally wiped that drive when installing a new SSD. When I booted, I was able to use the Internet Restore to get a bootable version of OSX onto the computer. However, I now get an error when trying to upgrade to High Sierra saying "The upgrade requires OSX 10.8". When I click on the help it takes me to the system requirements page for OSX Lion.

    Additionally, I found a link to download OSX Yosemite through the app store. The computer starts the download then the download just stops.

    Any advice or help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/jcbhammond
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel