• Breaking News

    Wednesday, February 21, 2018

    Apple Macbook Running Windows solely off a USB-C

    Apple Macbook Running Windows solely off a USB-C


    Running Windows solely off a USB-C

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 07:04 PM PST

    Hello all,

    I have a 2017 MacBook Pro (with low storage). Instead of using an external SSD or other device traditionally used, I'm seeking to use a 128 GB USB-C flash drive solely and NOT just to boot.

    If this is possible (fingers crossed), I'd like some insight to achieve this.

    Cheers all

    submitted by /u/sn00pd0ge
    [link] [comments]

    Found a good deal on an new October 15" 2016 MBP with Touchbar and some stout specs.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 08:35 PM PST

    I just ordered this and thought I'd share the love:

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1306767-REG/apple_mlh42ll_a_15_4_macbook_pro_with.html

    • 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 Quad-Core
    • 16GB of 2133 MHz RAM
    • 512GB PCIe SSD
    • 15.4" 2880 x 1800 Retina Display
    • AMD Radeon Pro 455 GPU (2GB GDDR5)
    • 802.11ac Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 4.2
    • Touch Bar | Touch ID Sensor
    • 4 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB Type-C) Ports
    • 3.5mm Headphone Jack | Stereo Speakers
    • Larger Force Touch Trackpad
    • macOS High Sierra

    They advertise it as "$900 off" which is probably stretching things a bit, but at $1899 a "comparable" new one is not far off if you consider the no taxes and free shipping.

    I didn't have a huge budget, and this sits right in the sweet spot of specs & price for me. (FYI, I'm not associated/affiliated with B&H at all. This is the first time I've ordered from them, though I've browsed them many times).

    submitted by /u/FrozenReciprocity
    [link] [comments]

    First laptop, have the “basic” computer knowledge go easy, advise P&TY

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 06:06 PM PST

    Okay so would like to get my first laptop, I know rough lol. I want a Mac but not sure which one, what specs or add ons. What it might cost me?

    what I'll be doing with it.....

    1- Scanning information such as the following new/old.... tax information, medical, data & such onto it (maybe onto a big enough hard drive, so in case of fire or something I can grab them & the laptop and go) 2- writing 3-internet 4- transferring photos from my phone to a hard drive (don't like to upload to cloud, I'm weird I know) 5-emailing 6- editing 7-movies 8- data logging

    Anything else you guys can think of? Thank you

    submitted by /u/brainy_mermaid
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrading MacBook Pro Logic Board

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 09:53 PM PST

    Macbook monitor Wifi issue

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 02:42 PM PST

    I bought my MacBook Pro 13" 2017 a couple of weeks ago. Everything worked fine and I was really amazed how perfect MacOS and the system in general runs. But after I bought an adapter for USB HDMI etc. and hooked my Mac up to my Benq, I started to wonder why my Mac doesn't connect to the Wifi anymore or only for a couple of minutes. I tried everything to fix it and I was very sad that my new MacBook gave up on me after only two weeks. Yet, after taking it of the monitor I discovered that I could connect to the Wifi again. So I downloaded Speedtest and tried connecting with and without the monitor attached. Turns out that somehow the motor or the adapter prevented my MacBook to connect to the Wifi (no clue why). I really found that strange and wanted to share this here as a mystery story.

    Link to the adapter: https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B075FGQ988/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

    Link to the monitor: https://www.amazon.de/BenQ-RL2455-Reaktionszeit-Technology-eQualizer/dp/B01H07FVOK/ref=sr_1_3?s=ce-de&ie=UTF8&qid=1519252900&sr=1-3&keywords=benq+24+zoll+monitor&dpID=41I%252BNEfVVCL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

    submitted by /u/MM9315
    [link] [comments]

    Keyboard Beeps But Does Not Type

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 08:26 AM PST

    Trying to game. GPU continues to throttle after 5 min of gaming. Help

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 12:44 PM PST

    The only game id like to play on my macbook is rocketleague but temps seem to get too high and my gpu throttles. I have a 2015 MBP. Is there anything I can do to play my game without the fps dropping every 5 secs. I figured this sub could help me. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/JC101702
    [link] [comments]

    Just got a MacBook Pro (2012, but built in 2016) that only has 1 cycle count. Should I worry about the battery health of a battery stored without use for a couple of years? Thanks in advance.

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 12:38 PM PST

    Anyone else have this problem with their email client?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 12:15 PM PST

    https://i.imgur.com/bbz1xfz.png

    My email client needs re-authentication. I get past the password field and then I have to complete two step authentication. After the authentication this window dosen't disappear and hitting cancel makes it so it dosen't actually log in. I can't fix this at all. Help?

    submitted by /u/TUXPANDA
    [link] [comments]

    External SSD drives to Thunderbolt Dock?

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 09:28 AM PST

    I can't seem to find any solution. Right now I have a dock that has USB 3 but my one older MBP (early 2011) only has USB 2.0, so the speeds suck. My MB Air only has USB or Thunderbolt, so thinking a Thunderbolt dock would be the way to go, but I'm having no luck in finding such a device. Any recommendation?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/monkeyabides
    [link] [comments]

    USB-C Ethernet adapter Broadcom/Intel

    Posted: 21 Feb 2018 12:38 AM PST

    Has anyone found a USB-C Ethernet adapter for 2016/2017 MacBook Pro that utilizes Broadcom or Intel chips? Seems like most adapters are Realtek.

    The Apple Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter (Broadcom) was awesome. I liked that it was plastic so it never scratched my MacBook. Not thrilled with these aluminum ones.

    Anyone have experience with the Dell one? http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-adapter-usb-c-to-ethernet-pxe-boot/apd/470-abnd/pc-accessories

    submitted by /u/paazel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel