• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 25, 2021

    macOS This app is exactly what I've been looking for! It's called Cloud Battery. Install on each device and as long as on the same iCloud account it'll sync battery life.

    macOS This app is exactly what I've been looking for! It's called Cloud Battery. Install on each device and as long as on the same iCloud account it'll sync battery life.


    This app is exactly what I've been looking for! It's called Cloud Battery. Install on each device and as long as on the same iCloud account it'll sync battery life.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:44 PM PDT

    A Very Weird Bug on Safari Where If I Search Something on YouTube Within the Search Bar, It Redirects Me to GitHub For Some Reason

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    How can I make my Macbook Pro running Big Sur 11.5.2 NOT sleep when I close the lid?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 12:31 AM PDT

    Hey all, want to close my macbook pro while having it hooked up to an external display for use. I've tried multiple apps like Caffeine, Insomnia X, and Amphetamine with no luck. I've toggled the display to "Never" sleep when idle and checked "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when display is off" but nothing works. Can someone give me a solution? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/Crooksta808
    [link] [comments]

    SSD gone for good? (MBP 2020 i5 10th gen). Got kernel panic in bug sur. Formatted and clean installed catalina. Still slow. Ran estrecheck and it shows SSD slow. Still under 1 year warranty. Can SSD alone be replaced?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 11:31 PM PDT

    macOS simple & best in class software?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 12:17 AM PDT

    Hi Reddit, sorry for my language coz my native is Russian :D

    Having purchased a device running macOS, I read reddit from time to time and find here tips on must-have programs on a Mac, such as IINA, coconutBattery, teampaper Snap etc. Maybe someone from the old-timers of this operating system can suggest the best software that he constantly uses himself? Please help the migrant from Windows, thank you very much, hugged everyone :)

    submitted by /u/HarribelHollow
    [link] [comments]

    safari security

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 03:51 PM PDT

    Hi Reddit:

    I watched Sun Knudsen's channel and started using FF + privacy badger + https everywhere for sometime, and I'm surprised by how many trackers on some website (according to the blocked number on the badger icon), like macrumors page has ~30 blocked trackers.

    However, I find the firefox is just a little bit sluggish than safari, the UI is bit cumbersome, and seems drains battery faster than safari.

    I would prefer to use safari over FF, but also concerned about privacy, I'm aware safari also have many good extension such Adguard, wipr, etc, but mainly focused on ad-blocking (which I don't care too much about).

    I did try Adguard, which offer tracker blocking and social media + annoyance blocking, but I feel like it kind slows safari down a bit.

    So I would like ask your opinion on safari (version 14) security:

    The default safari setup (without any add-on or extensions), how does the tracking blocking and security capability compare to Firefox + privacy badger + https everywhere.

    On some website the "show privacy report shield icon" show similar number of blocked trackers as the number blocked by privacy badger, other websites, not so much (e.g.: one verge page shows ~23 trackers been blocked by safari VS > 30 trackers being blocked by FF+privacy badger).

    Thank you for your time.

    submitted by /u/Tencho2010
    [link] [comments]

    How's it going with font smoothing in Big Sur?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 02:20 AM PDT

    Hi,

    in Big Sur, Apple is disabled to turn off font smoothing. There was a solution to turn off it through Terminal, but as I know, it works not so well now?

    It causes pain in the eyes...

    Maybe people with 13'inch don't see it, but on MacBook Pro 16' it's awful.

    So, who uses Big Sur - how is it going with font smoothing? Disabling still works or..?

    How can we return font smoothing disabling? 🙁

    submitted by /u/saintkanda
    [link] [comments]

    Why have my AirPod Pros appeared like this for the past few days?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    POV: You're still on an intel mac

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 01:36 AM PDT

    A way to make myself admin on Catalina?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 11:38 PM PDT

    As the title says, I'm looking for a way to make myself admin on Catalina, as I don't know the password for the computers current admin account. I got it as a gift and while there's plenty of things I can do without admin, I'd like to use Bootcamp to access Windows.

    The prior owner says he doesn't remember the password so we're stumped. I watched a tutorial but it seems to be outdated, as when I boot with cmd+s, the screen scrolls through all this code, then I'm dumped onto the login screen.

    What should I do?

    submitted by /u/nebbyposts
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook caps lock doesn't turn on if I tap it

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 12:32 PM PDT

    My MacBook caps lock key only works if I hold it down for a certain length of time.

    If I tap it, it doesn't turn on.

    How can I make it turn on with a tap?

    Thank you

    submitted by /u/pasokonraifu
    [link] [comments]

    How do I see the battery percentage of my non-Apple wireless headphones on my Mac? Do I need a third party app for that?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 09:05 PM PDT

    InitWare Comes to macOS

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    Ad Blockers for Safari Browser?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:11 PM PDT

    Does any one know a good ad blocker that blocks ads (primarily youtube) in the Safari Browser? I have tried Ad Blocker Plus (works on fire fox) and 1Blocker, both of which don't seem to be doing anything at all.

    Does it have something to do with my settings? If so what do I need to change?

    submitted by /u/le-duality0
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone here knows how to correct MAC no ethernet cable plug issue?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    Anyone here knows how to correct MAC no ethernet cable plug issue?

    Im getting no ethernet cable plugged but I test it this cable on laptop I have and I also test it with another cable and nothing. Any ideas? Im new to MAC

    https://preview.redd.it/qva9iz10jdj71.png?width=651&format=png&auto=webp&s=67891d0624a38ca9156ef1c244569290cdc2c3db

    submitted by /u/damian015
    [link] [comments]

    Need help installing os with many issues

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:44 PM PDT

    I'm basically new to mac and long story short my sisters macbook pro I think 2012 13 inch has/had an issue where it was stuck on the apple loading screen, I basically got it to disk utility screen and I managed to repair the drive as it stated it had an error which I think is the reason for it not being able to start up, however I'm not able to erase or partition the hard drive as it gives me a unable to unmount error regardless of doing everything I can think off.

    Moving on I tried to reinstall the os in the utility section which is yosmite os but it gives me a error about install required file download is missing. Now the bigger issue i think I have uninstalled the os as now I'm unable to start up the mac and it's stuck on the disk utility as whenever I start the laptop it goes directly to disk utility.

    I have tried booting os on USB with transmac but the USB does not show on the startup or when I hold option button on start so it's not letting me install. Another thing I have noticed it's not letting me to Internet recovery mode as i have used all the command keys I have seen for it. Also I only see the recovery drive I don't see the hard drive or anything on the startup. I'm sorry I know this is absolutely cringe for you guys but I'm super lost and tried someone please help

    submitted by /u/blackbenztruck
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft Teams now has updated icon consistent with Big Sur icons

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:27 PM PDT

    Why is the firewall off by default?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 10:32 AM PDT

    I just reinstalled Catalina, was going through my security settings, and noticed that the firewall was off. Is there a particular reason to not turn on the firewall?

    submitted by /u/MichaelMyersFanClub
    [link] [comments]

    How to transfer files to external hardrive from a locked partition in recovery/safe mode?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:51 PM PDT

    Best way to deploy Macs with necessary software installed?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:38 PM PDT

    My business is growing, and I'm trying to figure out the easiest way for me to deploy Macs to new employees that would already have the necessary software installed. I imagine I could create a disk image of some kind and have it installed onto any new Macs. However, I would love some recommendations for how to do this easily. I would love to use a software that isn't terribly complex.

    submitted by /u/OCDPakiMan
    [link] [comments]

    Mac mini and Windows laptop workflow

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:08 PM PDT

    Hi, I'm going into university for engineering and they recommend I get a Windows machine since some of their software may not support Mac OS. I would like to get a Mac mini for my home computer because there is nothing else that powerful for that cheap.

    I am currently using Windows (11 lol) and I don't think it would be a hassle to shift to Mac OS but what I'm worried about it how is the work flow between a Windows laptop and a Mac computer? is there anything I need to be aware of? Or is it fine as long as I use something like Google drive to switch files between the 2?

    Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/nimito_burrito
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot open new tab by clicking the links in MacOS 12 safari tab groups

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:55 PM PDT

    I cannot open a new tab by clicking the links in MacOS 12 safari tab groups, instead, I have to copy then paste the link to the top directly. But I don't have this issue when using the general tabs, it only happens in the tab groups. Does anyone have the same issue? How to fix it?

    submitted by /u/scp-8989
    [link] [comments]

    USB HFS

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 03:12 PM PDT

    USB HFS

    Hi,

    i'm unable to format my pen drive hfs+ mac os extended.

    It says write permission required. How can i fix it?

    https://preview.redd.it/9vjxcezwqdj71.png?width=2190&format=png&auto=webp&s=df5a98a44fc97d7cf6beccffd38914439021cb05

    submitted by /u/MarcoStargate94
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur install got botched, can only boot in safe mode, in a weird predicament. A lot more inside this post. (This is OP)

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 10:57 AM PDT

    Problems Occuring On Big Sur

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:39 PM PDT

    So as the title says, the other day I decided to update my mid 2015 macbook pro to big sur and ever since I've been having issues. A couple of major issues that arose after the update and some were before the update.

    1. I can't eject any of my external hard drives, it doesnt even give me the force eject option. Nothing .( This happened after i updated)

    2. Google chrome, and safari wont open websites such as youtube, netflix, links inside of sites won't open, instead, a download of the HTML text would be asked of me rather then just opening the site up like normal.(this occured prior to update)

    3. I also noticed when I checked my keyboard inputs it seems like the alt key is stuck but when I restart my laptop and check within 5 mins or like immediately after i start the laptop the keys seem fine.

    Not sure if this is an important detail, prior to update I moved all my files in the documents folder from my internal hard drive to my external hard drive in order to create space for big sur. This included a folder called library. It had a logs folder with nothing in it. After i moved it i began having issue 2 come up more so i moved all the files back to the documents folder. However the issue still comes up.

    Im not sure if theres some sort of malware or something since I used avg to run a test and it seems like no attacks or anything. But still issues arise.

    Any help would be so awesome.

    EDIT: sorry about the formatting im on the phone.

    submitted by /u/calvin1408
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel