• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 26, 2021

    macOS Since I updated Big sur, I got that ugly sliver-ish border around my dock. I searched on google, on the settings etc but can’t find out how to change it, I’d like some help! Thank you

    macOS Since I updated Big sur, I got that ugly sliver-ish border around my dock. I searched on google, on the settings etc but can’t find out how to change it, I’d like some help! Thank you


    Since I updated Big sur, I got that ugly sliver-ish border around my dock. I searched on google, on the settings etc but can’t find out how to change it, I’d like some help! Thank you

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 03:16 PM PDT

    MacBook turns off after charger is disconnected

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:53 AM PDT

    Calls falsely showing as missed on Mac

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 11:05 PM PDT

    What macOS apps you can simply do not live without?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 05:05 PM PDT

    Here is my lis in order of importance.

    1. Keyboard Maestro
    2. ImageOptim
    3. FFMPEG
    4. Visual Studio Code
    5. monolingual

    all free except #1.

    submitted by /u/CoolAppz
    [link] [comments]

    How to get this kind of UI on Macos

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:35 PM PDT

    How well will the Sony WH-1000XM4 work with the ecosystem

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    I've been looking to buy a new pair of wireless headphones and these seemed highly reviewed but how well do they integrate with an iPhone/Mac combo. Are they significantly less useable compared to the AirPods when it comes to switching between devices?

    submitted by /u/2Marethyu4U
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to change hotkey for the hide action found in the menu bar. Anyone got any ideas of what I can try

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:46 PM PDT

    Trying to change hotkey for the hide action found in the menu bar. Anyone got any ideas of what I can try

    I'm trying to reorganize all my app hotkeys, but one, in particular, is causing me trouble, Hide (command + h). I'm trying to switch the hotkey to control + h, but the problem is it's menu bar name, unlike others, changes dynamically with each app switch. For example, the action says "Hide Finder" when Finder is the front window or "Hide Google Chrome" when Chrome is in front and so forth.

    Anyone have any idea if it's modifiable or if the action has a name the system will recognize? Simply putting "Hide" doesn't work.

    Thanks!

    Location of action in menu bar

    My current attempt that won't work

    submitted by /u/ChiefPatty
    [link] [comments]

    Help! I think I’ve broken my MacBook Air!!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:27 PM PDT

    So I've been trying to reset it for like… a couple days and neither myself nor my partner can figure it out!! It's an early 2015 MacBook Air. It seems to just keep coming up with a blue flashing folder with a question mark, no matter what we do! We've done internet recovery and it comes up with the link to Apple support and 2003F, I've done the disk utility first aid, tried to reinstall macOS and nothing seems to work!! It just keeps coming back to that folder!!!!

    Can anyone help me before I put this behind my car and repeatedly reverse over it?! 🥲

    submitted by /u/dmdb92
    [link] [comments]

    I can't use my built in audio or my headphones

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:17 PM PDT

    Any way to use switch pro controller properly? (M1 MacBook air)

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:16 PM PDT

    Whenever I connect my Nintendo Switch controller, the little joysticks or wheels (or whatever you call them) don't work properly. For example, when I quickly move them right, the computer counts it as going the other way, but if I slowly move it in that direction (not all the way), it works normally.

    I've tried joystick mapper, but it's too buggy and randomly crashes. And yes, it works perfectly fine with other devices.

    So is there any fix? or will I just have to get a new controller?

    submitted by /u/cum-bubbles6969
    [link] [comments]

    How can I delete Game Center account from “Internet Accounts” in System Preferences. When I press the “minus” button it doesn’t do anything under Big Sur.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 10:10 PM PDT

    Apps like The Unarchiver or Keka still relevant in 2021?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    I've had The Unarchiver on my Mac for like ages and I can't remember the last time I used it. I used to download torrents in the past but I noticed those files come in .zip the past few years.

    Do you guys use these apps and are they still relevant? The Windows equivalent is 7-zip which I still also always install without thinking but tbh never use them anymore I THINK.

    Would like some advice if I should keep it or just rid of it.

    submitted by /u/Redstra
    [link] [comments]

    Garageband for Sierra.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 07:43 PM PDT

    Have an older Mac, can't be upgraded past Sierra. Can't download GarageBand from the App Store anymore. Does anyone know which version of GarageBand works on Sierra and where to actually download that version?

    submitted by /u/phuzzy138
    [link] [comments]

    Help!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:20 AM PDT

    Please help!

    Long story short . I wanted to revert from Big Sur back to Catalina , so I went into recovery and erased everything from my Mac . Now it says that some security settings are preventing me from using a bootable drive . So I went into Command + R , try to change the security settings and it says I there is no administrator account . So I restarted and tried going into Command + R again and it keeps giving me the internet recovery option ( Shift + Option + Command + R ) and I try to install High Sierra as well but at 2 minutes remaining it keeps saying request timed out .

    submitted by /u/No_Departure1596
    [link] [comments]

    New MacOS machine does not have my customisations

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:37 PM PDT

    hi, I have a new machine and to my surprise none of my Finder / toolbar / maccy / alfred etc settings are present once I've logged in with my Apple ID. So I am thinking this is going to take quite a while to setup!! Is there some tool to replicate my settings on the new machine that perhaps I missed on using whilst setting up?

    submitted by /u/kai
    [link] [comments]

    Spotlight becomes suddenly slow after accessing a network drive.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    So, the problem is exactly as the title says.

    Already put all the network locations in the privacy tab, but still not working. I have this desktop Hackintosh I use as a server, and it contains all of my offline music. Whenever I access the folder, Spotlight suddenly becomes laggy, as if it tries to index that folder even though I have put it in the privacy tab.

    I'm using Big Sur 11.5.2 and MacBook Air M1. Only reindexing or restarting Mac fixes this. But of course, whenever I access the folder again, it starts to slow down again. It's become way too annoying now, and the last time I used a Mac was Yosemite and I don't remember it being this slow and buggy.

    Any help will be really appreciated. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/AganArya007
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to set scroll direction of TouchPad and connected mouse independently of each other?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 07:31 PM PDT

    I use windows computers at work w/ dual monitors so it started throwing me off at home when I was using natural scroll direction on my MacBook Pro. So I don't have Natural scroll enabled anymore for my mouse.

    But if I'm using the touchpad it seems weird to scroll the same way as the mouse. The trackpad should be natural.

    So, for continuity purposes, is there a tweak/trick to set the scroll direction of trackpad to natural while the mouse scrolls traditionally? I'm on a MacBook Pro early 2015 running latest Big Sur.

    I'm not sure if this belongs here but Thanks for reading and your efforts on my behalf. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/JoltyJob
    [link] [comments]

    InitWare as a Systemd fork also for macOS

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 11:06 PM PDT

    Is there any *good* background blurring webcam effects apps, like Nvidia Broadcast but for macOS?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 07:21 PM PDT

    I don't mean like the crappy Zoom blur background, but one that has granular control of the blur background and can make it look like you're using a DSLR cam?

    submitted by /u/seanbperiod
    [link] [comments]

    Saving Screen Recordings in lighter format

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 07:03 PM PDT

    Hi all!

    When making screen recordings, the final saved file is absolutely huge.

    I cannot for the life of me figure out how to configure the process to save lighter files.

    In case that was impossible, is there an app that allows to compress videos to a smaller format?

    Thank you for your help!

    submitted by /u/TheReyLuz
    [link] [comments]

    linux command --> macos command equivalent

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 03:14 PM PDT

    linux command --> macos command equivalent

    I came across an linux sudo command that I need to port to macos.

    sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/ninja ninja /usr/local/bin/ninja 1 --force

    This command should set the priority when calling ninja to /usr/local/bin/ninja (* Am I right? *)

    What's the equivalent command for MacOS?

    EDIT:

    This is the 3 lines of codes that I need to port to MacOS.

    The third is for a specific environment for a python program to run.

    !wget https://github.com/ninja-build/ninja/releases/download/v1.8.2/ninja-linux.zip

    !sudo unzip ninja-linux.zip -d /usr/local/bin/

    !sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/ninja ninja /usr/local/bin/ninja 1 --force

    submitted by /u/v51k
    [link] [comments]

    My First Mac Ever - Browser Discussion

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 12:41 PM PDT

    Hello guys. I hope you doing great.

    I bought my first ever Macbook Pro M1 and I wanted to ask you months later from the release, is Safari the best browser to use? I heard some good things about Edge etc.

    Feel free to tell us Why.

    Thanks in advance, Michail.

    submitted by /u/mSqueez
    [link] [comments]

    Mysterious icon on Desktop

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 04:38 PM PDT

    Mysterious icon on Desktop

    This icon has appeared recently on my screen (only Desktop 1 if another monitor attached), and is visible on top of all programs. Occasionally it will move position. The attached image shows the icon and the size for context.

    I have gone through the Activity Monitor and shut down every program, and still it is there... Can anyone help me work out what it is and get rid of it?! Thanks!

    (Macbook Pro M1, BigSur 11.4)

    https://preview.redd.it/tsx94y9bblj71.png?width=339&format=png&auto=webp&s=37c93c9282be56e5c9fd7324e1a47dbcf081f55d

    submitted by /u/Hazards87
    [link] [comments]

    Where is the sleep setting on a MBP Big Sur? Apple says preferences->Energy Savings, but it's not there.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 04:05 PM PDT

    I can't find an "Energy Savings" on my MBP Big Sur. I'd like to have the screen not go to sleep so quickly and I can't seem to find the settings.

    https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/set-sleep-and-wake-settings-mchle41a6ccd/mac

    submitted by /u/KarlJay001
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel