• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 1, 2021

    macOS I went to Yosemite, and I remastered the OS X El Capitan wallpaper!

    macOS I went to Yosemite, and I remastered the OS X El Capitan wallpaper!


    I went to Yosemite, and I remastered the OS X El Capitan wallpaper!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    A little video from the 2019 WWDC… one of the best things about live audience!

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 04:30 PM PDT

    How do you guys think the M1 can improve?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 01:32 AM PDT

    I found a small spot (Pointer for scale) inside the screen of my MacBook Air 2019 model. Should I be worried, or can I ignore it?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:24 AM PDT

    An Unrecognized Root Certificate in Keychain Access

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 04:58 PM PDT

    Hi r/MacOS.

    Today I noticed an unrecognized Self-signed root certificate in my Keychain Access. The following details are attached to the certificate:

    • Expires: Thursday, April 24, 2025 at 8:02:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time
    • This certificate has not been verified by a third party
    • Subject Common Name: Erik Waller
    • Subject Email Address: [erik_wallerino@hotmail.com](mailto:erik_wallerino@hotmail.com)
    • Subject Country or Region: NL
    • Issuer Name: Erik Waller
    • Issuer Email Address: [erik_wallerino@hotmail.com](mailto:erik_wallerino@hotmail.com)
    • Issuer Country or Region: NL
    • Further details include encryption details and so forth...

    I do not know of any Erik Waller. Should I be concerned about this?

    submitted by /u/jalapenomuffin
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Big Sur Python bug?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:51 PM PDT

    sudo pip install numpy

    or

    sudo pip3 install numpy

    It is not working under Big Sur within a terminal or VsCode instance of a terminal

    I tested commands in High Sierra and a Windows PC all worked fine.

    In Big Sur lots of error messages about not found libraries ..

    libraries mkl_rt not found in ['/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.10/lib', '/usr/local/lib', '/usr/lib']......

    Tried on lower version of Python with the same result.

    Could be Python config trying to install M1 compatible software

    submitted by /u/mikeinnsw
    [link] [comments]

    Here are the nine Safari 14 wallpapers that you can use as background images

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 12:17 PM PDT

    How do I set a default application by path?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:52 PM PDT

    I want to use an application installed via brew for opening my videos. However, I cannot figure out how to reach the application using the file browser opened for setting the default application (its in /opt/homebrew/bin). How can I se the default application directly with a path?

    submitted by /u/Marbles57
    [link] [comments]

    What MacOS version is the best for Macbook Pro 2015 Retina Mid 15 inch - 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:04 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I'm using Macbook Pro 2015 Retina Mid 15 inch - 2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, the current MacOS is Catalina 10.15.7 but seems is laggy and so hot.

    So I want to ask: What MacOS version is the best for my macbook?

    Should I downgrade to Mojave or El Capital?

    Regrads

    submitted by /u/phinq1910
    [link] [comments]

    Do you Mac users use any accessories you would recommend?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:03 PM PDT

    How to bring back the original fonts ? OS - BigSur 11.5

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 08:41 AM PDT

    Maybe I can get help here…

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 03:37 PM PDT

    Dual boot mojave and snow leopard on MacBook 7,1

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:12 PM PDT

    So I about to get a MacBook 7,1 for a secondary machine to run legacy apps that's not compatible with M1. I'm planning to dual boot mojave (with ddos mojave patcher) and snow leopard in other partition just for fun. It should just works right? Or i should not format the disk to APFS and keep it on macos extended journal? Thanks

    submitted by /u/SwimmerLeather
    [link] [comments]

    iOS apps on new M1 MacBook Air

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 02:41 PM PDT

    I have read (from Apple) and all over the net that I could get iOS apps directly onto macOS on my new MacBook Air M1 (2020). I picked this up (Best Buy deal) pretty much solely for that reason. Today I started looking for some really obvious and popular apps and they don't show up in the App Store on the laptop - not in the macOS or the iPhone/iPad tab when searching.

    Things like Google photos or any of google's apps for that matter are completely missing. Same goes for things like open VPN, Mozilla VPN, Netflix, etc…

    Is this some big bug or something else? I read one site that said to click my ID in the bottom left and scroll through my app list if search didn't work. But I also did this, and the apps I want are nowhere to be found (and that took about 30 minutes to get through!).

    Curious what I'm doing wrong here…. Thanks ahead of time.

    submitted by /u/Shackrock
    [link] [comments]

    How do I delete files on my M1 MBP?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 05:04 PM PDT

    Hello!

    So, It's my first time as a Mac user and so far so good!

    Moving forwards. I downloaded some apps from google but now I want to delete one of them.

    How can I completely delete an app and it's relating files?

    submitted by /u/overminded87
    [link] [comments]

    Which is the best/efficient web browser for Mac?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    How can I fix jumpy, choppy, stutter-y, etc, mouse wheel scrolling on MacOS?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 03:44 PM PDT

    On both my Mac Mini and Macbook, every mouse scroll wheel is choppy or stutters. The mouse is perfectly fine because they work on Windows and every mouse has the same result.

    When I use the Macbook trackpad or the USB trackpad on the Mini, scrolling is perfectly smooth and normal. Even the inertia works just fine. So why can't a mouse wheel scroll smoothly?

    I'm sure the scrolling works better on the magic mouse 2 but I'm trying to avoid buying a $80 single use mouse when I got plenty of mice already.

    Edit: Razer Synapse can't find my Mini either. The scroll wheel works a bit better than the Logitech Pebble but still not as good as the track pad or windows.

    submitted by /u/Terrible_Truth
    [link] [comments]

    i dont actually have my MacBook Air yet

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 03:39 PM PDT

    do i remove my user flair or do i not need to

    submitted by /u/mahnameissans
    [link] [comments]

    Formatting a SanDisk Extreme SSD

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 03:14 PM PDT

    What is the recommended format that allows access of files for Mac and Windows?

    submitted by /u/AJanml
    [link] [comments]

    Does FileVault full disk encryption impact MacOS wake-up times from sleep?

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:34 AM PDT

    I'm thinking about buying my first ever mac, a M1 macbook air.

    I will want to enable full-disk encryption (via FileVault).

    Questions:

    • Can I force the operating system to wipe the decryption keys from the memory when going into sleep (close lid), so that I'm prompted for the password every time I open the lid?
    • How will all this impact wake-up times? Can I still expect instant wake-up after opening the lid, or will I have to wait several seconds before I'm presented with the password prompt (or after I typed it in)?

    Basically, I want to make sure that:

    • If someone steals the laptop while it's asleep, they won't be able to decrypt the disk without my password.
    • But, I don't want to pay for this with annoyingly long wake-up times from sleep. I'm fine with typing in the user/decryption password every time I open the lid. I just don't want to wait too long for the password prompt to appear, nor for anything to still load after having typed in the password. Ideally, I open the lid -> type the password -> and I'm almost instantly back in what ever I was doing before closing the lid (all apps, e.g. text editor, remain open etc)

    Thanks for your help. I've never owned a mac, so all this is pretty new to me.

    submitted by /u/maythetree
    [link] [comments]

    MacOs Monterey Scheduling Algorithm

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 03:28 AM PDT

    Hi guys,

    I want to understand the algorithm behind the scheduling of processes in the MacOs, unfortunately Google and Wikipedia weren't my friends in this kind of studies.

    Could you help me? Any links to articles and videos are appreciated.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/DrakeAusir
    [link] [comments]

    System-wide Frames dropping

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:36 AM PDT

    MBP 15in 2019 running macOS Big Sur 11.5.1

    After the recent update I feel frames are dropping in all videos that I am watching. Whether Safari (Netflix, Prime Video), or Movist Pro... or Brave browser (like google chrome)

    submitted by /u/_dhawan
    [link] [comments]

    Safari address problem

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    How do you fix a problem where when beginning to type into Safari address bar a word it gets replaced automatically with a URL and will not allow to even continue typing the word originally planned to type?

    submitted by /u/HumpyMagoo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel