• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 1, 2021

    Apple Daily Advice Thread

    Apple Daily Advice Thread


    Daily Advice Thread

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the Daily Advice Thread for /r/Apple. This thread can be used to ask for technical advice regarding Apple software and hardware, to ask questions regarding the buying or selling of Apple products or to post other short questions.

    Have a question you need answered? Ask away! Please remember to adhere to our rules, which can be found in the sidebar. On mobile? Here is a screenshot with our rules.

    Join our Discord and IRC chat rooms for support:

    Note: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience.

    Here is an archive of all previous Daily Advice Threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type in the search bar [author:"AutoModerator" title:"Daily Advice Thread" or title:"Daily Tech Support Thread"] (without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the titles and author.)

    The Daily Advice Thread is posted each day at 06:00 AM EST (Click HERE for other timezones) and then the old one is archived. It is advised to wait for the new thread to post your question if this time is nearing.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Anti-vax app ejected from App Store over user content issues

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 12:34 PM PDT

    What's New With Find My in iOS 15: Tracking When iPhone is Off, Live Locations, Locate After Erase and More

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    Magic Keyboard at Walmart for $149.

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:43 PM PDT

    I built an app to create repeatable checklists to help with ADHD

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 10:37 PM PDT

    Hi Guys,

    I'm Spencer and recently built CheckYourList to help with my ADHD. The app is on iPhone, iPad and WatchOS (with MacOS coming soon). It handles syncing and storing data all through your iCloud account.

    The app lets you create repeatable checklists. It's great for packing lists, daily routines, cleaning lists and things that you need to take with you constantly. The reason it is different to apps like Apple reminders is once you complete a checklist you can uncheck every item so it is ready to go next time.

    I built the app because I found myself forgetting things more and more after the birth of my son. For example, dropping him at daycare and then going to the gym, required so many things. I felt overwhelmed and would take ages to leave the house as I searched around looking for what I needed. I wanted a solution, I built this app to help.

    I'm constantly iterating the app, I am currently working on the ability to keep a history of checklists you have completed so you can check you did things (like taking medication every morning). If anyone has any ideas for features they would like to see let me know :)

    You can find more information on the app and follow its development here: https://checkyourlist.app/

    You can see the app in the app store here: https://apps.apple.com/au/app/checkyourlist/id1571623264

    submitted by /u/swalden123
    [link] [comments]

    The privacy battle Apple isn’t fighting - Ars Technica

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 12:45 PM PDT

    Apple’s VoiceOver photo Recognition recognizes images that come from social media memes

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    So I was playing around with Apple's VoiceOver Recognition.

    https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/news/ios-14-voiceover-recognition-photos/

    I had some partial photo memes that I took screenshots of without the text. (please don't make this political)

    https://i.pinimg.com/236x/4f/7e/86/4f7e8655bb7563a5848997f2536eea25.jpg

    And

    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d5/ba/40/d5ba40bd8586ed3bcc3cc5824d0c0859.png

    It found the original source and started reading the meme.

    submitted by /u/Scarface74
    [link] [comments]

    Don’t trust courier shipping from the Apple Store

    Posted: 31 Jul 2021 04:26 PM PDT

    I ordered an iPad Pro and paid for courier delivery that was supposed to come during a 2 hour block today. It hadn't shown up, and the website says it was still awaiting pickup. I contacted Apple through their chat function and I was told that Uber had cancelled pickup because my area was "undeliverable," whatever that means. I received no notice of this, and was given no chance to change shipping. Apparently this automatically cancelled the order.

    The chat agent told me he would try to switch it to standard shipping but then disconnected the chat. So I have no idea whether my order is open or canceled and no idea when or whether I will get my iPad. I will never use courier delivery shopping through Apple again.

    Tl;dr Apple didn't tell me Uber couldn't send a courier to my address and then canceled the order with no notice to me.

    submitted by /u/ozs_and_mms
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel