• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 25, 2021

    iPad The new multitasking dots overlap with interface elements

    iPad The new multitasking dots overlap with interface elements


    The new multitasking dots overlap with interface elements

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 05:21 AM PDT

    I never knew the iPad Notes app can be seen like this before! It looks like the Files app now!

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    Picture in Picture with downloaded videos

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 01:08 PM PDT

    I have university course lecture videos I have downloaded into local Files on my iPad, so that I can watch them on the train when I don't have an internet connection. I like to watch videos using Picture in Picture so I can make notes (I use Concepts for that) whilst I am watching the videos. However, video viewer that opens in Files doesn't seem to do Picture in Picture. And if I put the videos into Photos, I can't do PiP in that app either. How can I watch these videos in PiP mode?

    submitted by /u/james-johnson
    [link] [comments]

    Ipad as Primary Monitor for PC? Duet Display?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:52 AM PDT

    Hi! Just watched this video. Anyone who have done or is doing this? I´m kind of a newbie so I have questions before I purchase the app;

    1. Can you slide over while on Duet?
    2. Did you encounter battery issues (just a bit worried lol considering that the icon shows that it´s charging but it truly does not)?
    3. Have you tried keeping the security and blindly typing in your password? It´s not that hard, right?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/_kyuti
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know how to get rid of this icon? I’m using iOS 15 and it’s super annoying having to move it every time I send a message.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    Apps that export Google docs format

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:25 AM PDT

    All of my notes are done in Google docs, and I do love the format.

    However, having bought an ipad and planning to make good use of annotations now, I have a problem of not being able to annotate directly on Google docs.

    I know I can save it as a pdf and annotate on those notes, however, I wouldn't be able to edit the typed notes if I need to do so.

    Are there any apps which have similar formats to Google docs (meaning I can copy paste my notes directly without there being change in formatting eg the tables, the indents, bullet lists etc etc) which can be annotated?

    submitted by /u/Capital-Can-158
    [link] [comments]

    Will the 9. gen ipad come out this year?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 04:13 AM PDT

    I am currently looking into IPads and contemplating buying one for reading, drawing, surfing and school. The 8. gen has like 3gb ram and idk if its enough bc i tend to multitask with several applications on my laptop. I would use the ipad instead of my laptop most of the time.

    Will the 9. have more ram or will buying the 8. make no difference?

    submitted by /u/alec-x
    [link] [comments]

    Media Player with External HD and External Output

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 10:47 AM PDT

    Any media player I could use to view media on an external media, and output via hdmi to a TV?
    I tried VLC, but can't connect to an external storage device.
    Any tips?

    submitted by /u/underagethorhubbie
    [link] [comments]

    What does it take to charge an iPad Pro 2020 faster?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:32 AM PDT

    So I recently bought a new charger for my car. An insane 100W Baseus one with Type-C and Type-A ports. The specs are:

    • Type-C Output: 5V-3A, 9V-3A, 12V-3A, 15V-3A, 20V-3A (100W Max)
    • USB Output: 5V-4.5A, 4.5V-5A, 5V-3A, 9V-3A, 12V-2.5A, 20V-1.5A (30W Max)

    So this can definitely charge up the iPad quick. However, after testing with a bunch of devices, I noticed that the iPad Pro is quite finicky when it comes to cables.

    When I use the original Type-C to Type-C cable that came with the iPad, I can charge at 27W according to the charger's built in display. That's quite good and enough for me. If I pick the cable that came with my Samsung Note 10+ (Type-C to Type-C as well, rated for 30W I believe), or any other Type-C to Type-C cable, it doesn't want to charge at all. It just keeps connecting and disconnecting.

    No matter which cable I plug into my phone, I get a "Super fast charging" notification, and it starts charging at 25W.

    I also have a 100W certified Type-C to Type-C cable, which manages to charge the iPad at 27W. So clearly Apple is doing something, whereas my Samsung phone doesn't care at all.

    However, no matter what I do, I cannot get it to charge at more than 5W using the Type-A port. I've tested 5+ different cables. None of them makes the iPad Pro charge at more than 5W.

    Do I need to buy some kind of Apple certified cable to unlock faster charging? I can live with the Type-C port being fast at 27W, but the Type-A port is quite annoying. Charging at 5W is nothing.

    Summarized:

    • Only Apple's own and a certified 100W Type-C to Type-C cable can charge the iPad Pro at 25+ watt
    • Any other Type-C to Type-C cable charges my phone at full speed
    • Type-A to Type-C only charges the iPad at 5W no matter what

    I'm guessing this has something to do with Power Delivery and/or Quick Charge, but I'm not sure.

    submitted by /u/mortenmoulder
    [link] [comments]

    Best deal on Apple Pencil

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 02:11 PM PDT

    What is the current best deal on Apple Pencil?

    Costco sells it for 5$ off MSRP. Do these things ever go on sale?

    On my local Craigslist and FB Marketplace there are literally zero used ones for sale.

    I'm a bit on the fence about how much I will actually use the Pencil, so I'd like to be able to try it out and not break the bank.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/apple_watch_bozo
    [link] [comments]

    MDM Jailbreak?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 02:10 PM PDT

    Does anyone know any IPad jailbreaks that can remove a MDM for free?

    submitted by /u/aresussy3331
    [link] [comments]

    So does anyone know how to clean this up so it takes up less storage?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 01:51 PM PDT

    Photo management question

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    Trying an experiment here, may not work out: Instead of using iCloud, my photos auto-upload to a folder on Sync.com (an E2E encrypted cloud storage solution). I can access the photos on my iPad via the Sync app or via the Apple Files management app. But I'm wondering if there exists any photo management apps that can simply scan a folder you point it to. There are plenty on MacOS, but I'm having trouble finding anything for iPadOS (or iOS). Or is there a way to do this with Apple Photos app?

    submitted by /u/dashingpandas
    [link] [comments]

    Do you use desktop or mobile sites?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 01:25 AM PDT

    I use desktop sites since they are optimized for a large screen and don't have annoying app pop ups. I could see people using mobile sites since they are touch-oriented.

    submitted by /u/seedfinder89
    [link] [comments]

    Text Processing App for iPad Pro

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 05:24 AM PDT

    Hey, i'm looking for a Text Processing App for my iPad Pro.

    I need it to meet some requirements, and thus i can say: „Word" doesn't work, it's lacking essential features. Pages too. I tried „Notion", which is pretty close, but also lacks essential features.

    So. Wat are those features i need?

    1.: Needs to be cross platform (Windows PC, iPad).

    2.: I HAVE to be able to define and utilise multi-layered lists. The Lists need to have many, many layers. At least: Multiple headlines, (Layer) A, I, 1, a., aa., 1), a), aa), (1), (a), (aa). So i need lists with 11 Layers, kind of looking like that.

     A. Layer one I. Layer two 1. Layer three […] 

    3.: Cross references. I'll write some pretty extensive „book" / document, that has a lot of information. And a lot will repeat, often in slightly altered iterations. So in order to not scroll through the entire document I'd like to be able to reference the info I've previously already used. It would be cool if i could hide and show those cross references „on demand", because the whole point of using them at all is not convoluting the document by repeating info over and over again in the text.

    Does something like that exist? Can you recommend something to me? Thanks a lot for your time :)

    submitted by /u/Zabric
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel