• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 26, 2021

    iPad Just wanted to share my iPadOS 15 home screen

    iPad Just wanted to share my iPadOS 15 home screen


    Just wanted to share my iPadOS 15 home screen

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 12:36 AM PDT

    Absolutely thrilled with my folio touch so far! If you’re on the fence, get it!

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    iPad Pro M1 11” charges extremely slowly

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 01:09 PM PDT

    I ususally charge my iPad with a 61w MacBook charger and it charges really fast. Today I plugged it in like usual and it started charging at about 1% every 3 minutes and obviously that's much slower than usual. I checked with iMazing and it charges at 13 watts when usually it charges at 39 watts also battery health is 102%. Here's some charging graphs https://imgur.com/a/hjcNOA0 1 is fast charging, 2 is slow I tried cleaning the ports, updating iOS, resetting settings. I also checked multiple (all apple original) cables and power brick combinations.

    submitted by /u/justarandomrussian
    [link] [comments]

    Magic Keyboard vs Smart Keyboard comparison - likes vs dislikes

    Posted: 26 Aug 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    I know...there's tons of threads about this and I have read them all. I've bought both keyboards. So I currently have in front of me a "Smart Keyboard Folio" and a "Magic Keyboard" (11" Ipad) that I have been using for a week back and forth.

    (Coming from an ipad 6th gen with Logitech Folio Keyboard almost none-detachable)

    The problem is I always want the perfect item for every situation which is impossible by definition...

    So... ||purely based on my subjective experience that might be different than yours||

    What I like when using Magic Keyboard:

    • I like how it raises the ipad so that when being in a table it feels more "close to me" and more "laptop" if it makes sense?
    • I definitely like the typing experience, it's great.
    • I like when in some situations I don't have to reach the screen to interact with the ipad like when I am on the couch like "half lying down" thanks to the touchpad.
    • Also when putting the ipad at my left when working in my desktop I like the touchpad to interact with it as my brain is more in "work mode" and somehow I like moving from desktop to "laptopish" mode instead of "touching it".
    • I like when being on the couch I just detach the ipad from the keyboard to read stuff in reddit, it feels so light and pleasant… (it is also a dislike as mentioned below). I got used to this "bad habbit?"
    • I like to close it with one hand, they way it closes is satisfactory.

    · What I don't like when using Magic Keyboard:

    • I don't like when I have to take it with me to go from my office at home to the living room for example... (10 meters lol). I am used to my 6th gen with Logitech keyboard that I don't have to fold up to move, I just grab the ipad + the back of the folio with my hand (landscape). However... This magic keyboard is too heavy and grabbing it in the same way feels like requiring too much pressure in the ipad screen to be able to lift the weight and I am sacred of damaging my screen.
    • I don't know how to move the ipad around the house without folding up the MK. Easiest things seems to be using both hands or using one hand grabbing it from the MK (next to the touchpad). If I need to fold it every time, it is less convenient, as a laptop.
    • I love using ipad naked on my couch or bed but still…I am concerned that at some point I could make a mistake and have an accident…
    • I miss a bit more "angle". In some positions I would push a little bit further the ipad to be more comfortable.

    What I like when using Smart Keyboard Folio:

    • The portability feeling on top of anything. When moving between rooms at home it feels very light, I don't even need to fold it up, I can move it grabbing it from the screen keeping keyboard unfolded on the base.
    • I like that it takes less space in some spots like in the kitchen or a corner of the bathroom while I brush my teeth.
      • Also I like not worrying about some water splashing to the keyboard.
    • I like being able to use the ipad in landscape fully tactile mode grabbing it with my two hands without even having to fold the keyboard in the back.
    • I like being able to fold the keyboard in the back to use it in "pure tablet" mode.

    What I don't like when using Smart Keyboard Folio:

    • Typing experience is…. Ok.. but when coming from MK it feels poor. On top of that, I don't know why but I don't put too enough pressure on my space bar and sometimes I miss the space between words. It's a bit annoying but I am sure it would just take a bit of time to get use to it and put a little bit more pressure on it. Happens to anyone else? The key works perfectly it's just me typing too soft.
    • Even if I can fold back the keyboard to use it in "pure tablet mode", once I have tested the fully naked version detached from the MK…I prefer this as it is even lighter… I know I know…it does not protect at all but just sharing how I feel. Somehow…I feel I can use ipad onehanded naked in portrait mode but not with SKF folded which adds enough weight to be "too much" in this scenario.

    At this point, I am not sure if touchpad is a "gadget" or a real added value for some scenarios but comes with an added weight and size… But typing experience is definitely better… (touchpad is great to RDP to my computer even if not mandatory).

    I don't have a primary laptop per se but have access to some if needed at some point (my wife has the old macbook air 13" and I have a Dell 13" from work) but I almost don't use them. I use my dual monitor desktop and ipad for the rest.

    • Mail & Teams a bit on the couch and commuting.
    • Web investigation.
    • Media consumption (youtube essentially and Netflix when I travel).
    • Chatting and posting in forums.
    • I go to see family every couple of months for 3 to 4 days and I like to do things there. My usage tends to be a bit heavier there. I use remote desktop to my windows at home, some Steam Link to play, taking notes, etc.. (everything I would do in a laptop). In fact... I use to take my laptop too "just in case" but almost never use it.
    • I like to start some project ideas in garageband or cubasis.
    • In that specific situation I think I would enjoy more having a "more laptop" experience and the MK would be better but no to carry on the plane …I could also bring an external mouse + SKF, I don't know….
    • I don't have the pencil... I do have the 1st gen but have rarely used it.

    What are your recent experiences?

    submitted by /u/lugib
    [link] [comments]

    How to add home screen icon to specific youtube video

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:30 PM PDT

    I want to create shortcut/icon on iPad home screen which opens specific live stream on Youtube (in YT app preferred, but safari works too)

    The current 'add to home screen' from safari creates the icon but it links only to youtube and not to specific video page

    submitted by /u/IndianGuy79
    [link] [comments]

    Recommend a PDF/CBR Reader App that can hotkey switch between two documents tracking same current page in fullscreen layout

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 03:48 PM PDT

    I realize this may be a bit niche, but if anyone has any suggestions/ideas I'm all ears.

    Currently using Chunky to read a graphic novel in French/English and the app can switch between the two versions, but it takes several taps and places you where you last left off. I'm looking for a solution where the documents' current page is mirrored and switching between the two is achieved with minimal effort such as a shortcut button or hold/swipe gesture.

    I know there are some side-by-side solutions, but I would prefer full screen vertical layout and switching would toggle between the two versions so I can verify the translation.

    thanks!

    submitted by /u/zephyr707
    [link] [comments]

    VNC Viewer

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 02:44 PM PDT

    I need to find the best VNC viewer tool for an iPad. I don't need it to behave like a mouse, I just need to press the screen to click.

    I have a Windows PC running a software that presents a grid of buttons and sliders. More often than not, I just need to touch several buttons from a remote VNC session. It would be nice if the VNC app had a click-and-drag feature for interacting with the sliders, but being able to quickly press a half dozen buttons is really what I need primarily.

    I don't mind buying a paid app, but I don't want to try 10 different ones, since they don't really seem to advertise whether or not their mouse feature works the way I desire. Nothing cloud-based, it needs to work across a non-Internet connected LAN.

    submitted by /u/ip_addr
    [link] [comments]

    Why doesn’t the ipad support big sur VM since it support arm macs?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 04:21 PM PDT

    Why doesn't the ipad support big sur VM since it support arm macs? Any explanation?

    submitted by /u/DRAlsadi0010
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel