• Breaking News

    Friday, August 6, 2021

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Apple TV Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion


    Weekly "What are you watching on your Apple TV" discussion

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Anything you view or consume media wise is fair game

    submitted by /u/redditisnowtwitter
    [link] [comments]

    All podcasts in the podcast app are suddenly not available in Canada.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 03:00 PM PDT

    Apple TV should integrate FaceTime Audio

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 02:39 PM PDT

    I watch a lot of content with friends over Playstation (hop in a party, choose what to watch, count down from 3 and press play at the same time) and especially over the past year where we've spent a lot of time at home, its a great way to interact with friends.

    It'd be really cool if Apple TV let you "hand off" a FaceTime audio (or even a normal call?) to the ATV and then you could watch content while talking to someone. I know the ATV doesn't have a mic but you could obviously use any pair of bluetooth headphones/AirPods or if you don't you could maybe use the remote control as a mic?

    Just an interesting idea that popped into my head

    submitted by /u/DT_249
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K vs LG C9 native apps

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    I have an LG C9 and have always used an Apple TV 4K (2019 version) as the main source for content.

    I was watching a movie on Netflix the other day and decided to use the LG native Netflix app and noticed that the resolution is more crisp than the Apple TV.

    I thought it could be the cable but I use a mono price 2.1 HDMI cable. I am curious if it could still be the cable or is the LG Netflix app simply going to outperform the Apple TV since it doesn't require a cable?

    If anyone has any ideas as to how I can get the same resolution out of the Apple TV as through LG's apps, I'm all ears!

    submitted by /u/work_one
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV soundbar issue

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 07:54 PM PDT

    Does infuse really not transcode?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:12 PM PDT

    Ted Lasso streaming issues

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:40 PM PDT

    Anyone else having issues streaming the new season of Ted Lasso? I have ~150 Mbps connection, but the new season just keeps stalling and trying to buffer without resuming. Picture quality is really bad too. AppleTV 4K

    Edit: seems like AppleTV streaming in general is terrible right now. Other apps stream in 4K no problem.

    submitted by /u/hobbes8calvn
    [link] [comments]

    Hello ! Is it possible to install new fonts on tvOS for subtitles like on iPad? I don’t see the add font button ... Thanks for your help !

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 03:21 PM PDT

    do I need xfinity tv to stream on apps or just xfinity internet?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:28 PM PDT

    moving into a new house and bought an apple tv. i'm wondering when I set up my utilities if I need to have xfinity tv (or any other cable provider) in order to stream apps on the apple tv or if just having internet will suffice.

    submitted by /u/hick__wiger
    [link] [comments]

    A Video Player with good playlist support

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 02:45 PM PDT

    I'm looking for a local network video player that satisfies some simple requirements. I've already tried VLC and Infuse. Here are the requirements:

    • Either has playlists or will play all videos in a folder (VLC and Infuse both have!)
    • Can shuffle videos in playlist/folder (Infuse yes, VLC no?)
    • Can skip videos with one click (Neither Infuse nor VLC)
    • Can look ahead and see what videos are coming up (Neither Infuse nor VLC)

    I know there are others to try but offhand does anyone know if any video player would meet these requirements?

    (edit: I have now tried Elmedia Player, Lilly Player, MrMC, and Sweet Juice. Some of them match Infuse but none of them do better. Does anyone use OPlayer? It gets great reviews and seems to have a lot of features but there's no free version and I can't figure out what features it might have aside from shuffle, which it specifically mentions)

    submitted by /u/Snoo-Snoo2
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Family Sharing 2-factor authentication continually returns error "There was a problem loading this page. Try again or come back later."

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 02:32 PM PDT

    I tried at least 20 times. Authentication through Windows PC, code texted to phone. Entered code 100% correctly every time, and the same error persisted. Is this website utterly broken? Why is it returning this error?

    submitted by /u/H_Floyd
    [link] [comments]

    Fix for AppleTV 4k black or dark areas flashing/flickering

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 11:45 AM PDT

    I recently watched 2 movies on Netflix and in the dark scenes there seemed to be a black flickering/flashing occurring. My setup is appleTV 4k gen1 with LG OLED 65 CX.

    It seems the issue was with appleTV 4k. The solution was to manually update from tvOS 14.6 to tvOS 14.7. After doing this the flicker/flashing in Netflix movies went away. Also, when I had tvOS 14.6 I was able to get the issue to go away by reducing the brightness to 52 or below on my OLED. I did not see any issues with Chromecast Google TV Netflix or when watching a 4k disc in my Xbox SeriesX so this is an additional confirmation it was appleTV.

    Not sure if this fixes the issue on appleTV 4k 2nd gen, if the issue was present in any other apps, or if it happens on other TVs but wanted to post in case others were having this issue.

    submitted by /u/charbo26
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K iTunes Store purchases on 1080p TV?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 07:39 AM PDT

    Does the Apple TV 4K stream iTunes Store purchases in 4K (with the much higher bitrate), but downscaled, when connected to a 1080p TV, or will it detect that the TV is 1080p, and only stream the lower bitrate 1080p steam of that content?

    submitted by /u/goodcowfilms
    [link] [comments]

    Switching / Searching for Channels with voice on Youtube Tv App

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:34 AM PDT

    I have an Lg Cx oled tv but we hate the remote, Webos is cool but I'm thinking of buying the new  tv 4K to use that one remote to power on the tv and I was wondering if the Siri voice remote can search YouTube Tv with voice from anywhere like say open CNN. And also, do you guys thing the Apple tv is worth it in this situation?

    submitted by /u/godwin00721
    [link] [comments]

    Will the apps I download on a AppleTV 4K (2017) stream in 4K?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 09:21 AM PDT

    I understand the Apple TV app itself does. I'm wondering if HBO Max or Disney+ apps, for example, will stream in 4K when using my 2017 Apple 4K TV.

    Does that make sense?

    submitted by /u/patriot-man
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby vision not working

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 06:50 AM PDT

    Hi all

    My APPLE TV 4K is missing with me. I'm frustrated I noticed every show support Dolby vision plays in HDR never dolby vision both Netflix and AppleTv originals I tried Amazon prime with HDR content it plays them in SDR

    The problem is from appleTV, i'm sure about it because LG CX apps works fine and great !!

    • I have the best cable and internet connection.
    • my jbl bar 9.1 plays Dolby atmos with no problem.

    This problem happened recently it was working fine.

    submitted by /u/Tro0o0ki
    [link] [comments]

    HBO Max App simply unusable on ATV4k (2021)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 08:35 AM PDT

    I just simply can't make this app work! No matter what I've tried I get no video. Though I have seen video on some trailers before the start of shows I'm actually trying to watch. But no video from the program material I want.

    I've tried everything, restarting the app, restarting the ATV4k, restarting my TV, restarting my router, reseating the HDMI cable, nothing works.

    All of the other apps on my ATV4k work just fine, so I suspect that my ATV4k is just fine.

    My HDMI cable is a certified HDMI 2.1 cable that works just fine for all my other apps, so it isn't that.

    I have tried setting and resetting numerous settings, to no avail.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone have any advice?

    submitted by /u/nelamvr6
    [link] [comments]

    For the life of me I can't even figure out how to sign up. All I want to do is watch Ted Lasso but Apple refuses to let me sign in on my PS5 no matter what I try.

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 07:43 AM PDT

    I got a PS5, and it says I get 6 months for free. Great! It won't let me sign in though. Nothing I try works, and I tried all their methods. It keeps saying I need an iTunes account, but then when I log in with my AppleId, nothing shows up.

    submitted by /u/retsetaccount
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel