• Breaking News

    Friday, August 6, 2021

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Apple iOS Show your Homescreen iOS Thread


    Show your Homescreen iOS Thread

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 03:00 AM PDT

    Welcome to the weekly Show your Homescreen iOS support thread for /r/iOS. Join our Discord room for support: DiscordNote: Comments are sorted by /new for your convenience. Here is an archive of all previous "iOS Support Thread" threads. This is best viewed on a browser. If on mobile, type on the searchbar [title:"iOS Support Thread"](without the brackets, and including the quotation marks around the title and author.)

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Opinion: Four problems with Apple's reported approach to scanning for child abuse images

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    iPad pro 11 inch resolution

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    Is there a setting to change the iPad pro's resolution. When going onto the site "whatismyresolution.com" it reports my iPad's resolution as 834x1194 instead of the advertised 2388 by 1668 on apple's website.

    submitted by /u/lianopperman48
    [link] [comments]

    How to transfer all iMessages conversations from old iPad to current mac

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:40 AM PDT

    I may lose possession of my old iPad soon so I'd like to transfer all of my conversations on there to my Mac. At the very least I'd like to have them on both devices. How do I do this?

    submitted by /u/throwawaydude328
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 stolen - erase pending?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    Hi everyone!

    I was robbed on Tuesday and they took my iPhone 8 among other things. The iPhone was dead (no battery) even before they robbed it. 30 min after the robbery I put it on lost mode and then requested it to be erased. I set a message saying "please call 0000000 (dad's phone number) if found". The last location it picked up was when it was last turned on (of course). However, 5 hours later the location was updated, they tried to scam my dad (who did not fall for it) but the erase is still pending. Question is: how is it still pending if the location was updated? It's been 48 hours already.

    Also, what should I do now? Remove the device from my iCloud account? How safe is my data? I already blacklisted the IMEI. I know I will never get the phone back but I do not want the thieves to use it nor sell it as a working phone. I want it to be bricked so they could only sell the parts/hardware. Please advise me :)

    Relevant info:

    1. The iPhone had 4 digit password and it was locked;
    2. Most apps had two-factor authentication;
    3. I ended all sessions from my social network apps including gmail.
    submitted by /u/blue-velvet-bunny
    [link] [comments]

    Multilingual keyboard question

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    So around 2 days ago, I had to reset my keyboard dictionary because some of the suggestions were driving me up the wall (e.g when I tried to type "and" it auto corrected to "abs". Like ??). I use three languages regularly, English Spanish and French. When I only have two keyboard enabled, multilingual typing works flawlessly. When I add a third, it doesn't work at all and I have to switch manually. Is there any way to enable it for 3 languages? I'm certain it was working before. Like sometimes I had to switch but not every single time I want to type in another language. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Epickid976
    [link] [comments]

    Family sharing question

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    Are we allowed to family share if the other family member is in another country with an Apple ID in a different region for Apple Arcade and AppleTV+?

    Example: ME - In the USA (I'm the one paying for the subscription) Family members - SPAIN/ SINGAPORE with Spanish and Singaporean apple accounts

    TIA

    submitted by /u/markaznar
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to interact with iPadOS interface with a PS4 controller?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 02:58 AM PDT

    I sometimes play iPad games with a PS4 controller but I get kinda annoyed that the controller can only interact with specific apps and not the entire IPadOS interface itself.

    Does anybody know how to fix that?

    submitted by /u/TheFishPizza
    [link] [comments]

    ios 15 bug?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:54 AM PDT

    Idk if this is the correct subreddit to post this but, i need help regarding my phone.

    So i was using my iPhone x perfectly fine yesterday (5 aug 2021) and today which is friday (6 aug 2021), every time i keyed in the correct passcode, my phone would crash and be stuck in the spinning wheel for a few minutes till it died out, and showed the apple logo, and after keying in my passcode it just continued the same thing earlier repeatedly.

    I am currently running iOS 15 public beta, someone help me thanks, i do not want to restore it and lose data, thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/TechvitalCompitar
    [link] [comments]

    Is anyone else having issues with their iPhone's wi-fi after updating to iOS 14.7.1?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:14 AM PDT

    Hi everyone, from a couple of days I'm having issues with the wi-fi of my iPhone X: basically it always stays connected (the wi-fi icon is always there, and on full signal as well) but apps contents or webpages just won't load, like if there's no connection.

    This happens randomly during the day.

    Normally switching wi-fi off and then on (even from Control Center) is enough to make it work again but it's obviously annoying.

    I haven't changed anything on my iPhone or on my router so I was thinking that the issue might have been caused by the 14.7.1 iOS update.

    I noticed that somebody else has reported something similar here.

    P.S. I already tried to restart the router (more than once) and I even did the "Forget this network" thing, but it still happens.

    Thank you. :)

    submitted by /u/steferrari
    [link] [comments]

    Weird website displayed on screen time

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 06:01 AM PDT

    I noticed this morning that there was a weird website displaying on my screen time when I woke up. It was to some site called dfwneuropathy.com it showed it was opened for 6 hours, basically while I was asleep. No other app was open at the time. I am wondering what this is and if my iPhone may have been compromised in some sort of way. I have never visited this site before either

    submitted by /u/thecharliebravo
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone won't work.

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:58 AM PDT

    In detail, my iPhone will turn on but when I unlock it, it'll start to glitch a little and then it'll just start buffering for a while. Then it'll go back to the lock screen and after unlocking it, it'll stop working again. Please help.

    submitted by /u/alic433
    [link] [comments]

    iOS 7 supported games and apps?

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:46 AM PDT

    Hi, i've found mind condition iPhone 4 16 GB. Most apps needs at least iOS 10 in order to work on device. iPhone 4 only supports iOS 7.1.2.

    I can't even install YouTube on it.

    Is there's a games and apps that still supports iOS 7?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Caryelah
    [link] [comments]

    applewallet

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 05:41 AM PDT

    hi guys recently i was thinking if there is a way to add my metro subscription card into the wallet app, but i didnt find anything on the internet. do u know if its possible?

    submitted by /u/TimoCris7
    [link] [comments]

    I occasionally have the indicator of my camera or microphone being used on my lockscreen or doing something on my phone. Has this happened to anyone?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 11:37 PM PDT

    subtasks not showing up on Reminders

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    Audiobooks don't play in the Apple Books app

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:50 AM PDT

    Long story short, I'm trying to test and see if the Apple Books app is less awful/more stable than the Audible app, but immediately ran into an issue.

    I used iTunes to sync a few audiobooks I de-drmed from my audible library and when I go into Apple Books, they both show up with the correct titles and covers, but when I click on them nothing happens. They do the little "clicked on" animation, then nothing.

    Clicking the 3 dots brings up the share menu, but no "play" option or anything. I was wondering if this is a known thing with an easy fix, or if something has gone terribly wrong. Thanks in advance.

    Edit: I can play the audiobooks in iTunes from the device, and my listening progress in iTunes updates to the books app (e.g. 53% complete underneath the artwork). Just playing on the device itself doesn't work.

    submitted by /u/Daktyl198
    [link] [comments]

    Audiobooks Not Syncing To iPhone

    Posted: 06 Aug 2021 12:41 AM PDT

    I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong exactly. I have Apple's Books app synced to iCloud on both my Mac and iPhone. I have an audiobook (not bought through Apple) in .m4b format on my Mac that I copied to the Books app. Works just fine on my Mac. But for some reason, I don't see it in the Books app on my iPhone. What's strange is that when I add a book to the Books app on my Mac it syncs to my iPhone just fine. But for whatever reason, audiobooks aren't being synced. Why on earth does Apple make this so complicated? What am I doing wrong? Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/TheSkepticApe
    [link] [comments]

    Something tgat I can’t figure out with autocorrect

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 05:26 PM PDT

    I guess I misspelled "that" one too many times. Now it seems to default to "tgat" and doesn't offer to correct the typo. Is there a way to get my phone to start suggesting the correct spelling again? Tgat would be helpful.

    submitted by /u/HAVOKMEGA
    [link] [comments]

    Is this normal? ( the black text)

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 11:15 AM PDT

    Is there a way to only set a list of "approved" devices that pop up in the airdrop list?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:34 PM PDT

    When I go to airdrop something between my mac and iPhone a list of devices pops up and I'm always afraid I'll click the wrong one or one pops up at the very last moment and I'll send files to a person they aren't intended for.

    submitted by /u/User1N23456
    [link] [comments]

    Call waiting beep

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:33 PM PDT

    As a tech support guy I really fucking hate the beeping noise when I talk to a customer and another customer calls. The beeping isn't just once to notify you but it keeps going on the whole time of the call and I can't focus on the customer I'm talking to. Is there a way to turn this off without turning call waiting off?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/love0ld
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a open source browser with a built in video downloader, kind of like Aloha but safer

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:12 PM PDT

    Aloha seems a tad bit sketchy so I would like to know if there is a safer open (if possible open source). All I really need is a browser with a video downloader. Thanks

    submitted by /u/IdunnoMan69
    [link] [comments]

    tips?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:10 PM PDT

    anyone know how to delete a bunch of icloud photos at once i need storage

    submitted by /u/nine_nein_9
    [link] [comments]

    tips?

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    anyone know how to delete icloud photos quickly cause i need storage on my phone

    submitted by /u/nine_nein_9
    [link] [comments]

    Playing M4V Files on iPhone From Flash Drive

    Posted: 05 Aug 2021 05:39 PM PDT

    Hi, I was hoping to create a "movie flash drive" for travel, but am having trouble getting the movies to play on my iPhone. I downloaded onto my PC the digital version of a movie I purchased and activated on iTunes. The movie, an M4V file, plays fine through iTunes on my PC. I then transferred the file to my flash drive (USB 3.0 Sandisk Extreme Pro), connected it to my iPhone with the USB 3.0 camera adapter, and tried accessing it. I can find it in the Files app, but when I tap on it, it only opens as a sort of still image of the icon or something. I couldn't find any option to open it in iTunes. I then tried opening it from inside the Infusion app. I was able to find it, but it couldn't open it due to an "error opening that content." I'm assuming the DRM within the M4V file wouldn't allow it to be opened.

    Is it even possible to play a movie directly from a Flash drive on an iPhone? If so, what am I missing here? I appreciate any help!

    submitted by /u/ARazorbacks
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel