• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 26, 2021

    Apple Macbook My first ever Macbook! Really excited!

    Apple Macbook My first ever Macbook! Really excited!


    My first ever Macbook! Really excited!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 10:57 AM PDT

    What is this extra used storage and how can I get rid of it?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 07:38 PM PDT

    Help - Fear of damaging screen

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 11:58 PM PDT

    Hello guys,

    I'm looking to use my MBA M1 in a stand (closed) and sometimes when I'm playing some games (Football Manager mostly) I notice it gets really hot (not enough to harm my finger).

    I'm wondering if it might cause some kind of damage to my screen? Since it will be closed most of the time?

    Thanks in advance guys!

    submitted by /u/Klopp___
    [link] [comments]

    Being told to return replacement unit

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 10:52 PM PDT

    Hey it's my first post here I hope this is the right place to ask these questions.

    So my MacBook Pro (with butterfly keyboard) has gone through three repairs now and on the day that I received it back from Apple I accidentally spilled water on it but after I cleaned it everything was working fine.

    After about a few hours of typing (I was doing my essay), the colon key moved? out when I pressed on it so I proceeded to just put it back in by press on it again and now it's stuck in there good and doesn't respond. Then a few keys felt sticky and the spacebar was being pushed even though I didn't touch it.

    I called Apple and told them simply that the keyboard was broken again and they said they would be able to give me a replacement but I had to bring it to a store to do a service report. But the store couldn't do a diagnostic because the spacebar kept being pushed by itself and they can't boot it into diagnostic mode. So they took a couple of pictures and wrote a report on the condition of the my Mac. But while the advisor was writing the report, the Mac started to turn itself off and on. Again I didn't mention anything related to me accidentally damaging it by spilling a drink and for putting back the key with too much force.

    I called Apple again and they said they've read the report done by the store and the advisor said he will submit a request for a replacement.

    Now my question is that when I send my MacBook back and after they give me the replacement, will I be told to give it the replacement unit back if they find out that I accidentally broke the Mac?

    Note that I do have AppleCare+

    (I know I shouldn't be posting this online but I just needed clarification.)

    submitted by /u/LaciaYokohama96
    [link] [comments]

    2020 MacBook Air not detecting camera?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    I've recently started my college semester and have had to use my Mac for Zoom and such. Unfortunately, my built-in camera can't be detected on any apps.

    I've looked at privacy settings, reset the SMC, and ran a diagnostic which said no issues were detected with the hardware.

    I recently updated to Big Sur 11.5.2 a few days ago. I was wondering if this could be the issue, and if anyone else was experiencing the same thing? I've tried everything within my own capabilities at this point to fix it, so I just wanted to hear from you all before I spend money on it. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/kyyack
    [link] [comments]

    College Student Getting Ready to Cry: Macbook shuts down when charger is plugged in edition

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:31 PM PDT

    The tin says it all :''))) I'm not sure how this happened, all I know is that I plugged my charger into my macbook then the screen goes dark and no matter how I try to press power button, it doesn't power back on until I unplug the charger and then press power button again. It wouldn't have been so bad if my laptop was still getting charged, but that's an issue too. I already tried resetting SMC but no ditto. Getting another laptop is gonna put a bad strain on my finances. Please, if anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!

    submitted by /u/golden_laquer
    [link] [comments]

    Notebooks on macbook

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    Is it bad if I have notebooks laying on top of my MacBook? I have my laptop in a sleeve and in my laptop sleeve in my back pack but I keep my notebooks in my bag and I like to have my bag laying down flat so it doesn't fall over and I put my bag on a box on bas laying around but the top was caving in which would create more pressure. Is this an issue for my mac? Or would it be fine with all of these layers? I have taken it out but I'm not sure if it being in that position would bend or crack the screen even with that many layers. It was there for about 4-5 hours.

    submitted by /u/JayDeesus
    [link] [comments]

    Need help deciding between MacBooks

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:21 PM PDT

    Pro: MacBook Pro - 13" Display with Touch Bar - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 256GB SSD - Space Gray

    Air: 3.3-inch MacBook Air 1.1GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 with Retina Display and True Tone technology - Space Gray

    I don't know much about MacBooks - this will be my first one. I'd be using it for school work, games like COD or Roblox, and watching shows/videos. Which one is the better option?

    submitted by /u/nabnig
    [link] [comments]

    CPU Core Temps Reached >200F and I Panicked - that’s an ac unit… ��

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:07 PM PDT

    Trying to reset my early 2015 MacBook Air and I think I’ve broken it! Please help! �� no matter what I do it always goes back to this question marked folder flashing! I’ve done first aid, I’ve tried to reinstall macOS and nothing seems to work!

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 04:26 PM PDT

    Macbook Air Keyboard Doesn't Work

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:11 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I've been facing an issue with my Macbook Air (2018 model) where the in-built keyboard doesn't work. I haven't split anything on it and it just happened as I was typing on Google Docs. The trackpad has no issues and works seamlessly.

    I know the caps lock works as the light does turn on when I press it, however, when I click on any of the number or letter keys, it plays a sound but doesn't actually work. Furthermore, when I click any of the keys on my in-built keyboard, something weird happens where I cannot load a browser on the same page and always create a new tab (tried on both safari and chrome). This problem is solved once I restart it (and doesn't appear when I use an external keyboard).

    I also think some of the keys may be stuck, as sometimes when I try to type with my in-built keyboard, it goes to the menu at the top and seems to be doing things there, and it often closes the application I'm using at the time.

    I've checked the sticky keys and know it's off, similarly, the mouse keys and slow keys are off. I've also tried resetting BigSur (by pressing command R on my in-built keyboard when I logged on but it didn't work either). Any help would be massively appreciated! Thank you :)

    submitted by /u/light_up_stars
    [link] [comments]

    2020 macbook air m1 ventilation

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:57 AM PDT

    Hi, I recently got a 2020 m1 macbook air.

    I always use my laptops on rigid platforms such as a desk or table (to not cover the vents). Should I still do that with my new computer? Or is it okay to use it on my bed for example?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/bekindlol
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS update bricks macbook

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    My son did the update on MacOS last night. This bricked the MacBook. Only solution was erase the disk and reinstall MacOS. This solution was from the Apple Support over the phone.

    BEWARE!!!!

    submitted by /u/Odd_Series8223
    [link] [comments]

    macbook pro m1 statics and vibrations happens when both charging and not charging?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 02:47 PM PDT

    can anyone explain what's happening to me, other than the plug not being a 3 pin grounding plug (explains the charging) why does my mac m1 pro have static and vibrations even when not charging? should i be concerned?

    submitted by /u/belina9898
    [link] [comments]

    Built-in Speakers Being Weird

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 02:09 PM PDT

    I just did a display assembly replacement on a 2017 12" Retina MacBook. Finished the swap, put the computer back together, she boots up and everything works. Ran diagnostics and they went dine so. I booted it up to use it normally. I noticed that speakers didn't show up in the Output tab of the Sound settings in System Preferences. No biggies, I reopened the case and verified that both speaker cables were attached correctly. Close it back up, speakers still aren't showing up. I let the laptop sit for a day and boot up into BootCamp. Speakers start playing immediately when I open my game. Has anyone experienced this and have a solution? This MacBook is running macOS Monterey Beta 4, downloading Beta 5 now.

    submitted by /u/Barista99
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a free app which warn with sound when battery is fully charged

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 01:37 PM PDT

    Looking for a free app which warn with sound when the battery is fully charged

    submitted by /u/Antique-Soft3322
    [link] [comments]

    Hard, slimmer MacBook sleeve?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    Hey! So I've been using my Osprey Tropos for carrying my laptop around and it's awesome, but I'm just afraid of filling it with stuff and crushing my MacBook or putting unnecessary pressure on it. I'm just looking for a case or whatever I could throw it in, and then throw that into the bag. Its a 15" retina, and it fits up to a 17" laptop, but the 17" (soft) laptop sleeve I've been using since before I got my backpack won't fit into the backpack space in my bag, so I'm looking to see if anyone else uses a hard shell case that is moderately slim. A lot of the ones I've seen seen unnecessarily bulky to accommodate for chargers and whatnot.

    submitted by /u/Colepher
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Big Sur Utilities

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:19 AM PDT

    Hey! I just wanted to see if someone could take a picture of their Utilities folder open on MacOS Big Sur on an M1 MacBook Air.

    I just want to make sure I haven't deleted anything. I got rid of some Adobe folders that were left after uninstalling Creative Cloud and I've convinced myself I've deleted something else!

    Thank you 😁

    submitted by /u/LewisJS93
    [link] [comments]

    Is it worth it, it's 1TB and it's used like new?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 03:53 AM PDT

    How durable is the screen/display on M1 MacBooks?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 11:28 AM PDT

    Sup y'all.
    Recently was thinking about purchasing a MBA M1 and while browsing this and other Mac related subreddits, I've come across a few posts talking about the display "randomly" cracking, not working anymore, etc.
    I was wondering, were those people just reckless with their device, or is this some kind of issue with M1 MacBooks?

    And I know to not put any skins, cam covers, stickers, watch out for debris between the keyboard and screen, but some of those posts say that it was completely random and what not.
    So since I know that people that have issues tend to post more about it, than those not having any issues at all, I wanted to know from long-term users -- how are your M1 MacBooks holding up, any issues?

    submitted by /u/Supermenas49
    [link] [comments]

    Is an external fan harmful to the MacBook Air M1 ?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 01:29 AM PDT

    Hello, I'm new to the Mac club and I use it sometimes for playing League Of Legends while running Discord in the background and talking to my friends, I see that CPU temps might go to the 80-90 range (celcius), so I've been wondering if I should buy an external fan to cool off the laptop. Does anyone know if it's in any way harmful ?

    submitted by /u/jansonfanson3
    [link] [comments]

    Butterfly Keyboard Replacement with Broken Key

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 09:08 AM PDT

    Hey everyone, I'm looking to take in my MacBook for a keyboard replacement through the service program. With that being said, does anyone know if I'm gonna get denied/charged because I have one key that's fairly loose? (It appears one of the hooks are broken and the key comes off if pressed with a decent amount of pressure)

    submitted by /u/Killlmonger
    [link] [comments]

    Bored with my Mac, I just built an app to have a sleeping pet on the menu bar.

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 12:34 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel