• Breaking News

    Friday, August 13, 2021

    Apple Macbook Grad student. Going for masters next year. A surprise before that.

    Apple Macbook Grad student. Going for masters next year. A surprise before that.


    Grad student. Going for masters next year. A surprise before that.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:43 PM PDT

    Please help��(pain)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 05:34 PM PDT

    M1 tips and tricks?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:46 PM PDT

    I just got my brand new 13" MBA a few days back. And I am a first time mac user having used windows for the last 10-12 years. What are the cool features/apps/tips and tricks that you guys use?

    submitted by /u/Low-Point6311
    [link] [comments]

    New Mac for school

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:27 AM PDT

    I need a new Mac Book for school. My requirements are I need to run photoshop and chrome (and possibly zoom) all at once. Also some video editing here and there but no more than 10 minutes. I would never have photoshop and premiere open at the same time. I will get a 13'' machine with m1 and at least 512 gigs of storage. What would be best for my needs? Thanks.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Watermelon_and_boba
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal for my MacBook to lose battery while it's plugged to the wall?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 07:23 PM PDT

    I joined the Apple family on Tuesday with the purchase of a new MacBook Pro, and I've noticed that my laptop's battery percentage will drop despite the fact that it's plugged into the wall and there's a lightning symbol on the battery indicating that it's charging. When I hover on the battery indicator, it'll say "Battery Not Charging," despite the fact that again, it's plugged to the outlet and there's a lightning symbol on the battery indicating that it's charging. I have to unplug the charging cable from the laptop and replug it back in for it to keep it at 100%. Is this normal?

    If it helps, my MacBook is a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020) 1.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB of RAM.

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/MADDOGCA
    [link] [comments]

    16" MBP M1X or wait for M2

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I am a long-time Windows user, and I've been thinking of switching to MacOS.

    Right now I am rocking a four-year-old Asus ROG laptop with decent specs (i7 7700, 16GB RAM, GTX 1050 Ti). It still performs great for what I do (programming, some premiere pro rendering, and lots of chrome tabs).

    However, the battery is nonexistent. It lasts about 30 minutes on a full charge, and it gets uncomfortably hot to the touch, even when doing basic stuff.

    As a result, I am planning on getting a new laptop, and the new Apple Silicon is certainly looking attractive. I've heard the news about the16" MBP M1X being released later this year, and it has really gotten my interest. The M1X will be more powerful in the graphics department, which will suit me nicely.

    However, I have also heard that new Macbooks will be launched in early 2022 with the newer M2 chip, but I think it will be only the smaller Macbook Air/ Pro 13".

    Would you suggest grabbing the MBP 16" M1X later on this year, or wait for the M2 lineup?

    submitted by /u/RonyyyPip
    [link] [comments]

    2019 MacBook Pro Retina 15" inexplicably slow doing simple tasks

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:37 PM PDT

    My MacBook experiences these periodic freezes and slowdowns doing VERY simple things. Examples:

    • when I toggle Caps Lock on or off the laptop freezes for about 1-2 seconds. You can see the seconds part of the clock in my menu bar jump 1-2 seconds ahead.
    • when I use the touch bar to increase or decrease my volume, the rocker has a noticeable 0.5 second delay to actually appear on the screen
    • Just froze for 10 seconds when I was using Google Sheets and hit the play button to turn my music on for Spotify

    Is this normal? Anyone have advice? I reset the NVRAM a few days ago which fixed it then. If I have to reset the NVRAM every so often to fix this then that is extremely disappointing.

    Specs: macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 2019 15" MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz 6-Core i7 16 GB RAM Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

    submitted by /u/mistAlche
    [link] [comments]

    �� HELP

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:04 PM PDT

    hi everyone, i just ordered my first macbook pro ever! i work in tele-fundraising which requires me to have a headset, i have a usb headset that plugs into the a port. from what i see the macbook pro doesn't have one that'll fit? if i buy something to plug my headset into will it work? does anyone else have a similar situation?

    submitted by /u/ttherickestrick
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking about Switching

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:04 AM PDT

    I'm planning to buy MacBook air m1. Till now I've only used Windows. I have a PC which I do casual gaming. But now I need something portable. Thinking this could be the time I switch to the other side and try the apple products. This is the first time I'm buying a laptop and I wanna make the right decision.

    I'm not fuzzed about the performance. Ik the prowess of the M1 chip it can almost do anything. I'm just gonna do some light programming, maybe run some front end tools and co for preparing for my master's.

    I'm a huge multimedia guy. Watch a lotta shows and movies. I have a huge collection of shows and movies with high quality which took me years so collect. So I'm skeptical where the Macbook can run them. These isn't any laptop with qhd display in this price range.

    Ik about the battery life. Its Insane.

    My final doubt is about longevity. If I buy this one, can i use it for like 6 to 8 years? My PC is 5 years and still going strong and it's not a high end pc it's a midrange one.

    Eagerly awaiting ur responses.

    submitted by /u/itsbrittanybitch999
    [link] [comments]

    [Question] Changed all icons of Big Sur to Catalina

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:29 PM PDT

    Hello, I am currently using the M1 Big Sur.

    Is there a way to change all icons in Big Sur to Catalina icons?

    submitted by /u/sky0616
    [link] [comments]

    M1 MacBook Pro or Air?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 07:57 PM PDT

    M1 MacBook Pro or air? Pros and cons? Student going into marketing/ content creation.

    What storage should I get? What is the difference between 8gb and 16gb memory?

    submitted by /u/confusionr
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook A1181 won't start. Screen 100% BLACK & Led turn on / off. Help!

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 12:22 PM PDT

    Hey guys, new to reddit!

    My cousin is soon starting school, and I found a 2009 White Macbook Model: A1181.

    When I connect the magentic power cord (with battery connected) and press Power button to turn it ON, a white LED on the front-outerside of the keyboard lights up for 5 seconds and you can hear the fan or hdd running, then after 5 seconds it turns off completely, and it boots up the same but remains ON. While doing this, the monitor is 100% black, dead.

    I tried removing the two 1GB RAM DDR2 sticks, swapping them and try to turn it back on, but the same behavior happened.

    Tried using only 1 RAM stick, turn it on...same behavior.

    Tried all possible combinations on each slots and also using other two RAM sticks that work that I had stored (2GB each), and tried all the combinations and swapping them etc, nothing happens...just the same LED turns on with fan/hdd, after 5 seconds turn off and back on and remains on.

    Tried all that with the battery removed. nothing...same behavior.

    Tried removing the battery and holding the power button for 5-10 seconds with power cord disconnected, kept the battery disconnect, tried turning it back on and same behavior.

    No matter what I try, swapping rams, removing rams completely, pressing the power button for 5 seconds while battery off, removing battery completely, using other 2 good rams and swapping them form slots etc all combinations and the same behavior prevails.

    What can be the issue? I hope is not the motherboard.

    Is there a way to "hard reset" format the laptop like a cellphone? Just pressing certain keys while turning it on?

    I tried holding "Command + S" and then pressing power ON but same behavior happened.

    I have a usb-sata adapter and a windows laptop. I read you can use HFSexplorer to read the files from mac on windows. HAvent done it yet cause I want to see if I can get it to boot up.

    SUMMARY:

    No matter what combination I try (RAM, battery, power button, new RAM, RAM completeley off), if I connect the power cable and turn it on:

    1 -Exterior-front LED on the keyboard light on for 5 seconds (you hear the hdd or fan running). Screen 100% dead, off...black!

    2 -After those 5 seconds, laptop shuts down, led turns off, and starts again, led turns on, you can hear the fan or hdd but remains on, it doesnt shutdown but the screen is 100% dead, no noise, beeps nothing.

    Any help will do...Thanks guys.

    submitted by /u/RandomGuyMe2000
    [link] [comments]

    90GB 'Hidden Space' on Macbook Pro 13' 2015

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    I am trying to free up space for bootcamp and DaisyDisk is showing 90GB of hidden unpurgable space on my macbook. Some other symptoms that may or may not be related: macbook only works when plugged in, about 5cm of the entire left screen is black, some keys not working, touchpad and left speaker not working. Pretty sure it has to do with the SMC but I am not able to reset it. Anyone can help? owo

    submitted by /u/_lil_kennedy
    [link] [comments]

    New m1 MBA with 27.4TB written?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 05:53 PM PDT

    I just bought a M1 MBA from a highly rated seller on ebay. The MacBook seems to be new with almost full warranty but when I checked the ssd health with drivedx, it shows that the ssd is at 99% health with 84 hours on and 27.4TB written. Is this normal for a brand new Mac? I'm a little concerned about this ssd wear out.

    submitted by /u/pat2211
    [link] [comments]

    Using MacBook charger from another model

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 12:56 PM PDT

    Hey, sorry if this question was already asked. I'm on vacation now and I forgot my MBP charger, however one of my relatives also has MacBook, but not MB Pro. I have MBP 2017 and she's having MacBook 2015. Some websites say using another charger may harm battery, other say that any type-c chargers are OK even with lower voltage. So, is it really dangerous to use charger from another MacBook with lower power? It's only for one week. Thanks

    submitted by /u/sandsbit
    [link] [comments]

    I wish Apple launch M1 16" MacBook

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    I am not excited for M1X or M2, M1 is plenty fast for me. M1 is economical, has hardly heat output so can run even without a fan, insanely low power draw from battery.

    I only want a bigger screen, a 13.3" is way too small for me.

    Sure M1X or M2 will be faster but at the cost of added heat, power consumption, and higher price. I do 4k video editing, raw image editing without any problem on M1.

    Just throw in a M1 in current 16" chases and give user an option.

    submitted by /u/sammro
    [link] [comments]

    Bought a used MacBook Pro...

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 10:24 AM PDT

    I bought a used MacBook Pro the other day. It's a 2017 13" with two Thunderbolt 3 ports. Everything was fine until I realized it would randomly shut off with nearly full battery if it was off the power adapter. It was running Mojave at the time and it said the battery's health was normal. I updated it to Big Sur because I thought maybe it would fix the issue but it didn't. Since the update, it now says that service is recommended for the battery. I looked up the price for a battery repair and it comes up to ~300$ CAD

    The seller told me he never noticed any issue with the battery. He refused to let me return it for the money back but he did send me 80$

    I tried calling Apple Care and we went through some troubleshooting steps together. I believe I reset the SMC but no luck

    Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone dealt with the same issue? I'd rather not spend 300$ to be able to use it without the power adapter. Thanks!!

    submitted by /u/killerdong88
    [link] [comments]

    How can I sync my Hotmail contacts?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    I have recently bought a Macbook Air M1, my first one ever. I was trying to add my email via Email App, but the Outlook options is not available (unlike in iPhones). I thought Outlook was M. Exchange, but it wasn't. I tried to download the Outlook app but I need to have a subscription tu even begin to use it. Has someone had this problem?

    And if it is impossible, how can I KEEP IN SYNC my Outlook contacts with iCloud contacts. I wouldn't want to manually have to update my iCloud contacts every time I add something to the other account.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/anonymousanomo
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone help tell me what is going on with my MacBook 2012 model?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:07 AM PDT

    Last night it was working absolutely fine, but today the bottom row of keys wouldn't work meaning I was unable to log in with my password. I left it for a while but then when I went to check again later it wouldn't even turn on, I then left it again as I thought it was now just broke but I again checked it and the keyboard started working and it turned on. But it was pressing lots of buttons in different languages it also just locked again and turned off? Anyone know what could be wrong with it?

    submitted by /u/Valuable-Document235
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Macbook Air: Refurbished or New?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:12 AM PDT

    Hi! I'm new to this subreddit hehe

    I'm considering purchasing an M1 Macbook Air. I'm a student and don't do much intensive stuff (no coding, gaming, or video editing). I'd mostly use it for school, so writing and web conferencing, and then just leisure (surfing the web, YouTube, Netflix). So far, it seems like a good option (However, any inputs are appreciated :] )

    So, the question plaguing me currently is if I should go for a refurbished one to save some money or a brand new one??? (Currently, the refurbished one could save me about $50)

    submitted by /u/riceball216
    [link] [comments]

    is it normal for macbooks to get slow ?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:20 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel