• Breaking News

    Friday, August 13, 2021

    Apple Help I booted up my first gen iPad and the apps were all messed up any idea how to fix this the touch is also all messed up when In apps rendering this iPad completely useless

    Apple Help I booted up my first gen iPad and the apps were all messed up any idea how to fix this the touch is also all messed up when In apps rendering this iPad completely useless


    I booted up my first gen iPad and the apps were all messed up any idea how to fix this the touch is also all messed up when In apps rendering this iPad completely useless

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    My left AirPod randomly decided to not work, whenever I remove it from the case it looses connection. It charges when it’s in the case but it just won’t work. Can someone please tell me what’s goin on?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 12:38 PM PDT

    Can someone please explain to me what this log means- Iphone 11 pro

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 03:07 AM PDT

    Series 1 - Screen popped off randomly. Any way to fix or is it time to retire my first watch?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 08:55 PM PDT

    This happened, what do i do?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 11:59 AM PDT

    iMac 24 inch triple monitors

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 10:32 PM PDT

    Hello!

    I am curious if I could connect 2 additional monitors to iMac 24 inches (one with 2 thunderbolts and 2 USB ports).

    I was thinking that since I need one thunderbolt port to charge, I could use only one thunderbolt or a monitor. Am I right assuming that I could only use one more?

    submitted by /u/Ciris31
    [link] [comments]

    Wallet app missing from Home Screen but still shows up in spotlight, no option to add it back to home.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 10:18 PM PDT

    I was running through the airport today and didn't realize my screen was active while I was holding onto it, so all my icons got rearranged. I got everything back to where I want it, but I can't find the wallet app anywhere on the home screens.

    It comes up just fine in a spotlight search and it doesn't have the folder indicator around it, but I cannot find it anywhere on the home screens. When you press and hold the icon in the spotlight search it only gives me the option to access my default payment card or see my transaction history, no "add to home". I thought maybe deleting and reinstalling would help but I also can't find a way to delete it.

    Any tips? It's one of my most commonly used apps when I'm on the go and am looking to access something with a simple gesture.

    submitted by /u/oksothisonetime
    [link] [comments]

    How safe is your macbook when handing it for repairs

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 02:42 PM PDT

    From what ive read, when you give your macbook for repair, they ask you to create a temporary account with admin privilege. I have two questions here. First, if an employee of the repair outlet installs a spyware in that temporary account, can the employee spy on future activities in other accounts once the laptop is returned? Second, how safe is data in other accounts (data that already exists at the time of handing over the laptop). My device is macbook pro 2015 13 inch High Sierra

    submitted by /u/relativefluffy
    [link] [comments]

    Music on MacOS: Could not purchase "null". An unknown error occurred (1010) with iTunes matched tracks

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    Hi there. Just got my first Mac: Mini M1, 16GB ram. Have a huge library of songs that were matched using iTunes Match on a previous PC. I am logged into my Mac using the same Apple ID that I am using with the Music app, which is the same ID I use in all my iOS devices. I already did the steps, within the Music app on the Mac, to authorize the Mac. So technically, it should be good to go. But when I try playing any of the tracks I own and that were matched I get a pop-up: "This computer is already associated with an Apple ID. If you use iTunes Match with your Apple ID, you cannot use iTunes Match, auto download or download past purchases with a different Apple ID for 90 days." This is really odd, because again, I am signed in on this Mac with the exact same Apple ID I use in all of my devices. It gives me options to Cancel or Transfer. If I hit Transfer, I get error: "Could not purchase "null". An unknown error occurred (1010). There was an error in the iTunes Store. Please try again later". I also have an Apple Music account and the Music app will play any songs I added to my library from iTunes, no problem. It will just not play any of the matched songs. I rebooted the Mac, tried logging out of my Apple ID on the Mac and logging back in in both the Mac and the Music app. Nothing. Everything works fine in all my iOS devices. I can play matched songs from the cloud, download them, etc. Any idea of what could be the problem? Appreciate the help.

    submitted by /u/Metal-Up_UR_Ass
    [link] [comments]

    Upgrade from IOS 12.0.1 to 14.7.1?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 06:05 PM PDT

    Is it worth it to upgrade in order to download apps that are now for IOS 13+ or are the battery and other limitations preventing any real benefits? Are the upgrades worth it in general or should I stay with the older software?

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/ellieamavika
    [link] [comments]

    Removed the artist for all of my music library, need to restore it from phone.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:47 PM PDT

    Removed the artist for all of my music library, need to restore it from phone. This is in "Music", not "itunes", both of which are the worst. My time machine has, for some reason, stopped working, and has no record of ever working (no backups). I have a very recently synced iphone sx max that would have a library Id like to restore from. What are my options here?

    submitted by /u/SakeOfScience
    [link] [comments]

    I got a new iPhone and I used back up restore to transfer data from old iPhone. I didn’t use a different ID once! I already disassociate my old phone because I thought it had to do with the amount of devices I had. I don’t know what to do.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    Can not delete shortcuts

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 05:36 PM PDT

    Whenever I hold down on the shortcut itself I don't have the option to delete it, deleting it in the shortcut app doesn't delete the app on my home screen either. Is there any way to resolve this? My phone is fully updated and I tried restarting it.

    submitted by /u/Scales_
    [link] [comments]

    Apple Discounts

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 09:12 PM PDT

    Good evening everyone!

    My parents are retirees! And here in Canada, Ontario specifically, we have what is called the Quarter Century Club where you get discounts on products and services for working in the public sector, 25+ years. One of those perks is discounts on Apple products. There used to be different versions of the Apple Store page depending on where you worked(Government, Banks, store chains), with the discounts applied. Couple days ago, I went to browse through the page, looking for the price of Air Pods Max(as an early birthday gift for my dad), only to get "page not found" messages. Anyone from Apple know what's going on? I know they sometimes make pages inaccessible when a new product is about to go live, but new phones usually release in September and iPad/MacBooks and iMacs come out closer to Christmas time. Might end up giving the QCC service an email to see if the discount page link has changed.

    TL;DR: Family used to buy things from Apple Canada online at a discounted price. The discount page went poof!

    And for anyone curious what companies used to get discounts with Apple, here's a Forum thread!

    submitted by /u/themightykronos
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to change default conversion currency from USD to CAD in search? Currently on iOS Public beta 5.

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 10:30 AM PDT

    Macbook Air not working correctly

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 07:41 PM PDT

    Hey everyone, I've been having problems with this MacBook the past year or so I've had it as a hand-me-down from my dad. Figure I'll write last years problems as a sort of preface for it.

    Last year it had troubles booting up ?, it would randomly shut off for weeks or months at a time. I assumed the battery was messed up but couldn't buy one at that time.

    So this year in January/February, I find out I can use it with the battery taken out and the charger plugged in so I do that until late June.

    My sister uses it to play Minecraft and afterwards turns it off normally, but then after that it just never turns on again.

    I've tried multiple times the past few months to turn it on but time after time, the fans will spin and it's a black screen. It'll have the fan spin with and without battery intact, so I'm confused on the issue. I haven't been able to use it in months :(

    I've also made sure all ribbon cables are connected and snug multiple times.

    I can't answer how long we've owned it because I simply don't know, but the Model Number is A1466 if that's any help.

    Begging for any help ~,~

    edit: oh and yes! i've done most if not all commands that are usually recommended on these types of posts, none have worked for me ever

    submitted by /u/stolenbulge
    [link] [comments]

    Audio glitches when I press the caps lock key (occasionally) during Zoom calls

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 07:15 PM PDT

    When I press the caps lock key, Zoom audio glitches for like a split second, like I hear a sort of static sound. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there any reason for this and a fix? Thanks

    MacBook Pro 2019 13" 2-TB Ports, macOS Big Sur 11.5.1, Zoom 5.7.5

    submitted by /u/michizane29
    [link] [comments]

    2009 Apple MAC PRo

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 01:06 PM PDT

    Need to know how to attach a display without a GPU.

    https://imgur.com/gallery/A9WNT3i

    *found out it was the wrong model So I remade the post*

    Or how do I get the graphics card to out put a display? How do I trouble shoot the MAC display, makes the noises and starts up, just no image.

    submitted by /u/krozitron
    [link] [comments]

    Using a MacBook Pro as a Desktop

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 06:49 PM PDT

    So, I recently set up my 16' MacBook Pro as a desktop computer and I'm loving the way it feels. My concern is that it has to be hooked up to the charger cable in order for the external monitor to work (closed shell). Should I be concerned about my Mac's battery life? Is there a specific step I need to take to ensure the life of my battery last with this set up? I'm looking into docks because well it can get really busy. The only thing I have plugged in so far is my mouse and hmdi. I'm considering trading my mouse for a Bluetooth one for a cleaner look. I'd really appreciate some advice on this.

    Also, I'm not sure if this is the right community to ask this, so sorry if it's not.

    submitted by /u/NaiveMistake
    [link] [comments]

    iPad charges only when connected to MacBook

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 06:32 PM PDT

    This sounds bizarre but my iPad Pro 2020 doesn't charge with any of the cables or wall adapters (I tried multiple, including genuine iPad & MacBook chargers) But strangely enough it charges when connected to my MacBook.

    Factory reset did not help and similar complaints on apple forum had no solution.

    submitted by /u/UnusualMedico
    [link] [comments]

    iMac won’t boot, shuts off

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 02:28 PM PDT

    We have a 2007 iMac, 24" (the first aluminum model), and recently, it won't boot up. It starts, shows the Apple logo, begins booting with the progress bar, then about 1/4 of the way, it just shuts off.

    I am thinking overheating. Should I take it apart and clean it (dust/etc.)? Could it be thermal paste that needs to be reapplied?

    Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/wmagb
    [link] [comments]

    Target Disk Mode M1 MB Air -> 2017 27" iMac

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    I am having trouble getting target disk mode to work. I have the cable that my M1 MacBook Air came with connected to a Thunderbolt 3 port on my 2017 27" iMac. I restarted the MacBook to recovery and went through the process to share disk. It shows sharing as started and file vault is turned off. I do not see the drive mounted on the iMac. Have I missed a step? Will this cable not work with TDiskMode?

    submitted by /u/1st_thing_on_my_mind
    [link] [comments]

    Will my hidden photo transfer over to my new phone?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 06:00 PM PDT

    I'm planning to get a new iPhone and I was thinking about transferring my data from the old phone to the new by wire. But my question is: will my hidden photo be transferred over to the new phone?

    submitted by /u/fartstr
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else’s iPhone randomly vibrating/beeping?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 05:45 PM PDT

    The last few days my iPhone will randomly vibrate like 5 or 6 times in a row or beep loudly 5 or 6 times. Vibrates if it's on silent and beeps if on normal. Nothing pops up on the screen to indicate what is causing it. Is this happening to anyone else?

    submitted by /u/EqualDraft0
    [link] [comments]

    How does the Genius Bar exactly work?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2021 05:29 PM PDT

    I've got a sticky key that is still functional but has been bothering me. It's a minor issue, but one I'd still like to get fixed. Is there any chance that I would get turned away since my key still works? Or is this problem too minor for them to deal with? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Jofe7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel