• Breaking News

    Monday, August 23, 2021

    Apple Macbook Coming from a mid2010 MBP to an m1 air and I gotta say one thing

    Apple Macbook Coming from a mid2010 MBP to an m1 air and I gotta say one thing


    Coming from a mid2010 MBP to an m1 air and I gotta say one thing

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 07:11 PM PDT

    The keyboard was better in 2010 lol

    submitted by /u/Shimmyshamwham
    [link] [comments]

    I have redownload chrome every time I turn my computer on? Any help?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 07:07 AM PDT

    Which 15+ inch macbook is the most enjoyable to carry around the house / use on a couch?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 07:35 PM PDT

    Including factors like weight, nice big screen size, speed

    I thought to myself "would the x1 yoga be more enjoyable for this b/c also light, has the legacy nipple trackpoint and a pen inside"?

    But then again macbooks have those amazing buttery smooth hand gestures that feel much better to me

    There's no "15 inch macbook air" is there? some kind of super light 15 inch macbook for toting around the house/couch? Will they never do it in fear of cannibalizing their macbook pro sales? In my mind I am thinking 'screw paying for the 15 inch macbook pro and getting all of its weight when I don't need that kind of power or weight for anything I do'

    submitted by /u/wallpapersdance
    [link] [comments]

    M1 air screen glitched and shutdown (second time in 2 months)

    Posted: 23 Aug 2021 12:29 AM PDT

    I stupidly forgot to copy the report error to post here, but I saw it mentioned there was an error in core 1 if that means anything to anyone?I have a sneaky suspicion it's either my USB C hub (satechi which I got at the Istore, so I'd like to think it's not a dodgy brand) or it could be Soundcard (Scarlett 2i2 which is powered through the Usb Hub. I'm worried this will be an issue, and am looking at getting at sound card with it's own power source to be safe. But yeah, anyone experience something similar who can help out?

    submitted by /u/Bears_are_sneaky
    [link] [comments]

    MacBookAir Hinges getting locked

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 10:54 PM PDT

    Hi everyone, I have a MacBook Air M1 and I was having some issues with the hinges, they kind of get locked after some time like I opened my Mac and after 5-7 min they get locked and it takes more pressure to move them. Sorry I can't make a video to because there is some problem with the camera of my phone. Basically what I am trying to say is that the hinges takes more pressure to move after some time and it feels like the hinges are getting locked by something. Please tell me if you have the same issue. Also I Had a screen replacement and even after that this problem is still there.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/AffectionateFun5741
    [link] [comments]

    Pls help me decide

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 10:02 PM PDT

    I would be getting a new laptop for my school and with the current education discount I'm very confused whether I should be buying the macbook air (256gb with 16gb ram) or the macbook pro(256gb with 8gb ram). Fyi I would mostly be doing school work with random browsing and watching netflix. I may not buy any new one in 5years after this recent purchase.A suggestion would be enough to clear my dilemma.

    submitted by /u/Tricky_Ad865
    [link] [comments]

    11% off New Apple MacBook Pro (16-inch, 16GB RAM, 1TB Storage, 2.3GHz Intel Core i9), on Amazon today

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 05:47 PM PDT

    Screenprotector on Macbook Pro

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:21 PM PDT

    The MacBook has quite a reflective screen. Considering it is a retina display and quite susceptible to damage is adding a screen protector recommended (Preferably a Matte one)?

    My concern is if the removal will damage the Retina display and will it affect the color reproduction?

    submitted by /u/Acrobatic_Bat4474
    [link] [comments]

    HDMI adapter recommendations?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    I just bought a 2020 MacBook Air and I need an hdmi adaptor to hook up to an external monitor. I saw some adapters on Amazon that have multiple ports for both hdmi and usb. I'm concerned about buying a product that can get really hot. I saw some with high ratings but even those had reviews in them about the product failing after a few months or over heating. Wondering if anyone has one they recommend?

    submitted by /u/voicesnotvictims
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air Damage? Battery change?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    Around half a year ago, I spilled water on my MacBook Air. It still works BUT only when it is plugged in. If I remove the charger, it will shutdown but when it is plugged in, the keyboard still works (even the lights work), the screen is perfect, the apple light shines too. I tried opening my battery but there seemed to be no damage. Is it possible that one of my batteries burned out? Has anyone had this problem? if I buy a new battery would it get fixed?

    submitted by /u/yappie_02
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro m1 screen?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 05:40 AM PDT

    Can anyone with macbook Pro m1 can confirm

    1. is their a glass film where the MacBook Pro logo is etched?

    2. macbook air m1 users can you also answer me the same question

    submitted by /u/Low_Director3495
    [link] [comments]

    Macbook Pro Screen - Help

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 01:05 PM PDT

    Macbook Pro Screen - Help

    Hi all!

    I left my 2020 Macbook Pro on top of my desk for about 2 weeks in it's laptop case bag. I decide to use it today and when i open it, i see this. Has anyone experienced this and how to fix it? Really would hate to take it back to apple, especially with the long wait times for repair. Any advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated! thank you!

    https://preview.redd.it/fw5lj8jmuyi71.jpg?width=1080&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=54596523dce01e6fcdca7118de20fb97d62a7821

    submitted by /u/theskytheclouds
    [link] [comments]

    Which macbook should i buy?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 01:02 AM PDT

    Hello, im a student looking for a secondhand macbook but i don't know much about macbooks. I have a question and i'd be happy if someone on here answered it for me :) Is it okay to buy a 13/15inch macbook between 2012-2017? I've found multiple ones for €350-450 but idk if its good to buy older versions?

    submitted by /u/Various-Number-5020
    [link] [comments]

    Is this repairable? Do you think it's only glass or entire display? The black marking got smaller with time

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 03:52 PM PDT

    Help /advice

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 05:44 AM PDT

    I need a new laptop for grad school ASAP. I recently just cracked the whole screen and the computer is just old and overheating, so out with the old and in with the new.

    I'm on offer up looking for used laptops. So

    I was seeking for any advice on what to ask for when buying one from a complete stranger..

    I don't want to get scammed or get handed a bad computer that's stolen or what not, and with knowing it won't be connected to wifi when I open it , and it's showing me that it's restarting with no problems.. just so that I later connect it to wifi and it shuts down on me giving me problems.

    What do I ask , what do I need to really look for as well ..

    Anything helps. Thanks y'all.

    submitted by /u/Deafkidforlife
    [link] [comments]

    How come my harddrive will get read by WD utilities but is not popping up on my desktop? It has every single day since I’ve had it and now I cannot access it. Please please help.!

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    Does anyone know of a KVM or dock that will let me switch keyboard/mouse/monitor between a thunderbolt 4 macbook pro and a PC with usb 3?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    I would like to be able to dock my 2020 M1 Macbook with 2 thunderbolt 4 ports. I'd like to use a keyboard, mouse, and 4k hdmi monitor that currently are connected to my desktop PC.

    I'm not aware of any KVM switches that have both thunderbolt and USB 3 (old style A/B connector) functionality.

    Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might do this?

    submitted by /u/ianmgull
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Macbook Air, 16gb vs 8 core GPU

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    Going to be buying my first MacBook in the comings days, I currently study computer science and will be using it for that and I also love playing football manager. I am happy to spend extra on more ram or the +1 core however both of them together are too costly. I just want advice whether the 16gb or the +1 core would be more beneficial for gaming. Thanks

    submitted by /u/DJ_6969
    [link] [comments]

    New or Display ?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 07:45 AM PDT

    Hi I just bought a new Macbook Air....I have got a feeling. It was a display model...is there a way I can find out ?

    Thanking you you in advance :)

    submitted by /u/Electronic-Bat5362
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air - Bluetooth mouse stutter

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 10:11 AM PDT

    Hey there,

    I've been using my MacBook Air M1 with an external Magic Keyboard and a Logitech Pebble Bluetooth mouse quite a lot lately.

    However I'm still experiencing lots of randon stutter when using the bluetooth mouse.
    I've already disabled iCloud handoff which seems to have an impact, but doesn't really help unfortunately.

    Is there anything I can do about it?
    I don't want to have to plug in an external USB dongle all the time.

    Thanks a lot!

    submitted by /u/v3ng00
    [link] [comments]

    Battery warning ⚠️ on my MacBook Pro 2015.

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 05:49 AM PDT

    So got this warning that my battery needs to be serviced rang up the place that repairs Apple devices(No Apple Store here) they said battery and keyboard will need replacing but ok to keep using it till I had the money to repair. A week later my display keeps flickering on and off. Display is fine when connected to tv via hdmi. Is display goosed or is it because of the battery. Anyone see this before.

    submitted by /u/new_to_this789
    [link] [comments]

    Recovery Experience

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:18 AM PDT

    Guys, am I unlucky or Apple is not producing an expensive piece of trash year after year? Let me elaborate on my experience with macbooks 2018 onwards.

    I have bought 2018 MacBook in 2018. 5 months later their famous keyboard failed. When repaired, I asked what they did and they said a replacement of whole logic board was needed. I asked why?! They said keyboard is part of logic board... The cost to pay for myself would have been 700 GBP.

    I started new work last year and was given 2019 largest macbook pro. I barely used the keyboard at all because I always work on the external monitor. The thing gets really hot running Zoom meetings. A few weeks ago, I decided to use the keyboard after tons of time not using it. Half of it stopped working! It just doesn't work. Sometimes whole keyboard dies and only restart helps. After restart, half of the same keys still don't work.

    Finally, on my 2018 MacBook I have installed Bootcamp and Windows on a separate partition. I was running Heroes 3, an early 2000s game that Pentium 4 could handle. Nonetheless, the computer gets really loud and overheated. Why?

    Finally today I decided to wipe all partitions and reinstall OSX. I started reinstall and after reboot it booted into internet recovery. I was like wut? I did nothing wrong here. But apparently something got messed up. So, I went and started reading, wasting my previous Sunday on this nonsense. Downloaded Apple Configurator 2 on work laptop and connected to my Mac. Restored. Did not help whatsoever lmao. Tried the recovery on my speedy 5g wireless connection and each time it failed with network errors.

    Finally went home and attached to ethernet cable. Looks like it is not installing High Sierra.

    I had many laptops before Apple and I can tell you that they have caused me too much pain and wasted time. Maybe I am unlucky or something but all laptops I have owned failed. My work already had to send me a new MacBook because previous one failed after 7 months of employment.

    I am a programmer by day and debugging this stuff can be fun but after having the pattern of 3 laptops fail on me in less than a year for a huge premium price, why get another one? Just looking for some encouragement that I am really unlucky here and others are not having any issues.

    submitted by /u/FrustratedLogician
    [link] [comments]

    Vibrating\rattling sound from m1 MacBook pro speakers?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 09:01 AM PDT

    Hi everyone,

    A little background-

    I got my m1 MacBook pro 16GB in December 2020. It was working great. Then I started noticing vibrating sounds from the speakers. I ignored it but since it was bugging me I went to get it checked from the apple service centre (3rd party service centre here in Germany). They accepted that there should not be a vibrating/rattling sound and replaced the speakers (they didn't check the speakers as the technician was not there).

    Now I am again getting the same sound. Does anyone else face the same issue?

    submitted by /u/rohansuri
    [link] [comments]

    M1 Macbook Air with 16gb future-proof for Photoshop/Illustrator?

    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 08:26 AM PDT

    I have a 5 year old desktop with 16gb and an i5 (I think). I work on Photoshop / Illustrator as a hobby and have some large intensive files which my current desktop copes with. No video editing.

    I'm looking to get a new Macbook to complement it as a portable, and cost is a factor. I can get student discount so I am thinking of the cheapest M1 Macbook Air with 16gb RAM while the Earpod offer is on to offset the cost to less than a grand. Then I can pick up a cheap wacom A5 tab for a portable studio.

    Alternatively I could wait for the imminent Macbook Pro models, but if they don't start with 16gb then I won't be able to afford the upgrade and I'd prefer a smaller form factor to 14". Plus the Earpod deal will be finished.

    Eventually I might move to just using the Macbook and hooking it up to an external monitor... I dunno how the Air performs in that scenario, but I could always sell both my desktop and Air at that time to purchase a superior Pro model if this was what I decided. I've heard running a Macbook as a desktop annihilates the battery.

    So... what is the graphics processor like in the new Macbook M1 Airs? Do you think it'll be good for Photoshop and other creative apps for 5+ years.

    submitted by /u/tombstone_tackle
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel