• Breaking News

    Sunday, August 1, 2021

    Apple Macbook Apple releases macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 to protect newer Macs from USB-C hubs. Any USB-C hubs safe to use? What is your hub? Any problems? Please join and comment now!

    Apple Macbook Apple releases macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 to protect newer Macs from USB-C hubs. Any USB-C hubs safe to use? What is your hub? Any problems? Please join and comment now!


    Apple releases macOS Big Sur 11.2.2 to protect newer Macs from USB-C hubs. Any USB-C hubs safe to use? What is your hub? Any problems? Please join and comment now!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 11:29 AM PDT

    Worth the upgrade?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 07:22 PM PDT

    1 TB 2019 MBP w/ 16 gigs of ram i9 processor.

    I'm a student and went a bit overboard thinking I would stick with this for four years but the M1 just seems so promising not to mention the pro is extremely bulkier than I anticipated…

    If I do decide to trade it in, I'll receive 1.4K in trade-in value and preferably, I'd like to do this before it goes down any further. Does this seem worth it? I'd probably get the M1 air or pro, depending on which seems like it'll do better for me.

    submitted by /u/CelesticPhoenix
    [link] [comments]

    How durable is the modern macbooks? (Especially the display)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 09:36 AM PDT

    I'm planning on getting a MacBook Pro (Either the M1, or whatever they're releasing next). But I've seen a lot of stories of the displays just cracking because some debris was on the laptop while its closed. Are they really that fragile? I really don't want to have to spend hundreds of dollars just because there was some debris or maybe i accidentally left like a microsd card or something.

    submitted by /u/mreggman6000
    [link] [comments]

    Hardcase or bag?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 07:52 PM PDT

    Hey guys,

    can anyone recommend a good website for MacBook cases or what typ of case are good?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/schwabmario
    [link] [comments]

    How to check data in volume

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 10:11 PM PDT

    How to check data in volume

    Hi everyone.
    I wanna delete the volumes but I dont know how to view the data in each volume before deleting it. Is there anyone here know how to do it please let me know.

    Thank you very much.

    https://preview.redd.it/d0vbnbb6ove71.png?width=1844&format=png&auto=webp&s=ef9fa382dec150330c1f33ba6520fb8f8b6f2518

    submitted by /u/nnguyen79
    [link] [comments]

    Mapping touchbar commands to external keyboard (without 3rd party software)?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 07:16 PM PDT

    Hi, I recently got an external keyboard and was wondering if there is anyway to map the touchbar control strip commands (brightness up/down, mission control, etc) to the F1-F12 keys of the keyboard, without using 3rd party software.

    I did some googling but couldn't find anything/maybe I was searching for the wrong thing. In keyboard settings, I clicked the check box for the 'Use F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys on external keyboards', but this didn't seem to work either.

    Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/bluereborn
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 4.1 OSX 10.5.8

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 01:59 PM PDT

    I have my old Mac sitting and collecting dust and I would like to update it if possible. Does anyone know if this can be updated at all to usable functionality? Everything works on it but the programs Orr just way out of date. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

    submitted by /u/D3V1LSHARK
    [link] [comments]

    Why is the amount available so different between the 512 and 256 m1 air?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 04:57 PM PDT

    Originally purchased the 256 M1 air but returned it after seeing the os and other take up a bit over 50 gigs. On the 512 the system is only taking up 15gb but Other is using up 80gb for a total of 95gb that are unavailable to me from the get go. What is all this storage being used for and why the heck are the two versions around 40gb difference?

    submitted by /u/SmashThatButton
    [link] [comments]

    [HELP] M1 Macbook Pro can’t use all my USB devices and monitors

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    Hey all, I just got a M1 13" MacBook Pro and i'm having some trouble with my desk setup. I currently have the following items plugged in via a 4x USB port: - Mouse - Keyboard - Audio Interface - webcam On top of that I have 3 monitors and want to run my macbook in clamshell mode.

    I'm having a couple problems: - when I turn the 48v on on my audio interface (to make my XLR microphone work) I lose power on all my other USB devices (mouse, keyboard, camera) - I can only get one external monitor to work, I know there's a limitation on the M1's but I saw that there is a display link driver I can install. Do i need to have a dock to make this work?

    Would daisy-chaining my monitors help? If I do get a dock, are there any with 3 USB-C ports? If not should I just use HDMI or Display ports for my external monitors?

    Curious if anyone has solved this problem for the M1's. I have a 16" 2019 MacBook pro for work and it works with everything, so I'm pretty bummed the M1 doesn't support it and hoping for a workaround

    submitted by /u/MonsoonHD
    [link] [comments]

    To upgrade battery or replace my MBP 2015 128 gb?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 09:38 AM PDT

    So my MBP is in need of a battery upgrade for $200. I've also been fighting through storage problems to make room for the Big Sur OS upgrade. I can get about $250 USD in trade-in value with Apple if I just buy a new machine.

    I mostly use my computer for web browsing, light gaming, and some personal data science projects. I don't sync my laptop with my phone and don't store photos, videos, or music there due to space limitations. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Impressive_Gas_2879
    [link] [comments]

    Windows shortcut?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    4 days old MBA M1 7 core 256 GB ssd. suddenly while browsing , a pink screen appeared for 1 sec and then it restarted. is this normal ? SHOILD I WORRY?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 06:44 AM PDT

    MacBook Air M1 battery health (unusual drop in max capacity)

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 08:22 AM PDT

    Got my first MacBook on 23rd of March and in the 2nd week of July maximum capacity dropped to 99% and then in the next two weeks to 97%. Basically 3% in 4 months. Mostly I use it on battery and use it only for browsing and moderate stuff.

    I'm only worried about this unusual 2% drop in 2 weeks. Is this even normal?

    submitted by /u/kartikpaliwal30
    [link] [comments]

    My macbook pro 2015 dies while being in sleep mode?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 10:51 AM PDT

    Hi all,

    I have a MacBook Pro from 2015 which always dies when its in sleep mode, even if I've shut all applications off. The battery was replaced last year but I'm still having the issue. Does anyone have any tips?

    submitted by /u/CatherinesParty
    [link] [comments]

    Buying a used MacBook

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 04:46 AM PDT

    Hello,

    I found 2 MacBook on the local tech store for sale and do not know which one to chose. First one is a MacBook air 13, Intel i3, 256Gb, 8Gb ram for 750€, The second one is a refurbished MacBook pro retina 13, 2,7Ghz dual core i5, 8Gb ram an 128 SSD.

    I will be primary using it for editing documents, discord, zoom classes and Netflix/yt. Any advice is very appreciated.

    submitted by /u/daybreaker41
    [link] [comments]

    2020 MacBook Pro Finder Freezing Help

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 10:12 AM PDT

    My 2020 MacBook Pro with pretty much every upgrade has become useless. I recently had files recovered from a different broken windows computer (very large amount of files) and they moved those files to my Mac. Now when I open finder, assuming it's trying to sort through all the old system's files, it freezes and I can't access any of my documents. I thought that it may be due to it residing on the desktop so I moved it to Documents and now the problem is just as bad if not worse.

    What's strange is the computer worked fine with all the new files for 2 weeks until yesterday when I was kinda digging through them and edited a file.

    How do I fix this? It freezes when I try to delete files as well.

    Very frustrating seeing how expensive this was. Seems like the cheaper Lenovo worked better…

    Has anyone else had similar issues?

    submitted by /u/hdksndiisn
    [link] [comments]

    Need wireless mouse recommendations for M1 MBA

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 10:04 AM PDT

    Someone please help me!

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 12:22 PM PDT

    The last time I had an apple device was three years ago. The iPhone SE on iOS 11.4...

    Then it broke, beyond repair. It bent in half because I fell on it with it in my pocket. Im not big either so it was unexpected. Anyways, that's not the point.

    The point is that it's still been in my apple ID for almost three years and I haven't been able to remove it because I haven't had an apple device since then.

    Just recently. Like two days ago I got a new MacBook with m1. I just now, like minutes ago went into the apple id/icloud settings and went to the old iPhone SE device that was still in my account.

    It showed me two things. One I could remove my debit card from the apple pay, and two I could remove from account.

    I clicked first to remove my debit card just incase it stays when I remove the account. Second I went to click remove from my account, BUT ITS NOW GREYED OUT! are you fucking kidding me?

    Why did it just grey out? I don't understand. The device is not active, it hasn't been for 3 mf years! Someone please help me. I don't want this stupid device in my apple ID anymore!

    submitted by /u/3-46am
    [link] [comments]

    External monitor volume controls. Is there a fix for this yet?

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 03:43 AM PDT

    Macbook pro 2011

    Posted: 01 Aug 2021 02:35 AM PDT

    1Q of this year I bought a used MacBook pro 2011 for less than 300€, just for using it for media and taking some notes in class. Every was fine with Catalina installed on it, when suddenly, the laptop won't boot any more. I can't access into any basic interface of it, any key combination, it just switch on the led that indicates that it's on and also the fans. I tried to change RAM and hard drive and nothing changed. Any suggestions please??!! 🙏 Or I just bury it? Sorry for my English 😊

    submitted by /u/AGG_reddit
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel