• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 10, 2021

    macOS MacOS + Apple TV. Something about screen mirroring has really been improved lately. I think with AirPlay 2? Anyways, I can really use my 75” tv as a second display now! So stable.

    macOS MacOS + Apple TV. Something about screen mirroring has really been improved lately. I think with AirPlay 2? Anyways, I can really use my 75” tv as a second display now! So stable.


    MacOS + Apple TV. Something about screen mirroring has really been improved lately. I think with AirPlay 2? Anyways, I can really use my 75” tv as a second display now! So stable.

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:09 PM PST

    Every time I update Big Sur, it breaks Python

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:02 PM PST

    Hate. Frustration. Unhappiness. Despair... But actually, simply deleting /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools and reinstalling command line tools worked for this update (12.2.2 --> 12.2.3), if anyone else has similar problems.

    submitted by /u/heibak
    [link] [comments]

    Using VPN breaks Google Chrome browsing when switching users in Big Sur 11.2.x

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:29 PM PST

    Can anyone confirm this happens to them as well?

    1. Configure VPN, e.g., IPVanish with IKEv2 and connect on user 1. I use the instructions at https://support.ipvanish.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002080653-macOS-IKEv2-Setup

    2. Disconnect VPN

    3. Log in to user 2

    4. Safari/Chrome should work/resolve still. No need to configure VPN manually.

    5. Log back into user 1.

    6. Connect to VPN, browse a couple sites in Chrome.

    7. Disconnect VPN

    8. Log into user 2.

    9. Using Chrome, try visiting any website you have not visited recently. Again, not with VPN connected.

    I'm on 11.2.2. What's odd is in Safari you should be able to resolve most web sites, except ones you have not visited. Ping from Terminal works. Mail still comes in.

    Can someone test this to verify?

    submitted by /u/MassGroupText
    [link] [comments]

    macOS 11.2.3: This is new, what is this?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:07 AM PST

    Anyone else struggling with Big Sur? 2017 MBA runs hot with a lot of fan noise from just a single Chrome tab

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:50 PM PST

    Anyone else struggling with Big Sur?

    I have only a single Chrome tab open (prime video) and it's so laggy. I admit that the mba is a bit underweight, but it's not even that old to be performing this poorly. It takes a minute to move the mouse when streaming prime video. And rewinding? Forget about it. I know some of you had their macs bricked too because of this update. Looks like I'll be going back to Catalina cos this i5-5350U is struggling to keep up. It's not even a decent streaming device anymore

    I remember the days when this MacBook Air was elegant and smooth as ice like 2-time olympic gold medalist, Kristi Yamaguchi. Now it's like a wheezing couch potato going up a flight of stairs. It would be cool if they had a Big Sur lite or something for the older models... It would also be even cooler if we had processors that constantly learned and never had to be replaced, like an artificially intelligent cpu or some sort of processor with cells that evolve

    anyway whatever... Damned obsolescence. Guess I'll pick up that mac mini m1 now. Apple or Microsoft always taking my money one way or another

    submitted by /u/pyRSL64
    [link] [comments]

    Do you use some Ad Block plugin for Safari? If yes, what is it? Thanks in advance! :)

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:13 PM PST

    Emulate IE on M1 MacBook Air

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:14 AM PST

    Hi, is there any way to get an emulation of IE or similar on M1 macs?

    I tried use the user-agent thing in Safari. But it seems that it still uses the rendering engine from safari.
    I would like to use IE to bug-fix a website (that has to run on IE)

    submitted by /u/znibblol
    [link] [comments]

    Infinite loading security & privacy...

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:40 PM PST

    Hi, I've tried so many things I really need to access security and privacy but I can't... So far I've tried:

    - booting into safe mode

    - uninstalling some apps that might have caused this issue

    - deleted some system preferences files into ~/Library/

    - while in boot mode, repaired disk

    - command + R after booting > utilities > terminal > disabled SIP & tried "systemextensionsctl reset"

    - reinstalled macOS Big Sur (not wiping, just the OS)

    I'm running out of option... I really don't wanna wipe out entirely my Mac but I might do it...

    submitted by /u/m1000_t
    [link] [comments]

    TIL you can drag controls out of Control Centre onto the menu bar

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 02:08 PM PST

    The lack of a volume control in the menu bar was one change that annoyed me about Big Sur. The option in system preferences did not work - but it is possible to click and drag the volume control box from Control Centre onto the menu bar.

    submitted by /u/TheGuyInTheOP
    [link] [comments]

    MacOs keeps deleting printer after system update

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:46 AM PST

    I have set up an iMac for my parents with a admin account and a normal user account. They have an older Brother Monolaser DCP (7055 I think) which works fine. After each system update (latest 11.2.1) the printer completely disappears from the system which means I have to login with the admin account and add the printer again.

    Is this a know problem?

    submitted by /u/Selmer_Mark_7
    [link] [comments]

    Can't, for the life of me, figure out how to get my printer (HP Deskjet 1515) to work on my MacBook (Big Sur 11.2.1).

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 09:19 PM PST

    I've tried everything including pulling my hair out. I've 'Reset printing system' in System Preferences, I've deleted caches, I've deleted files from /Library/Printers, I've downloaded the uninstall tool for HP from their website and uninstalled everything after which I downloaded the HP Smart software to reinstall the printer drivers but it just won't work.

    It was completely fine before MacOS Catalina. It worked like any other plug-and-play printer which I've used on my MacBook. I'd just plug it in and print whatever I wanted but now if I want to print a document, the Printer Jobs List shows 'Connecting to device' and below it 'Waiting for printer to become available'. I have no idea what to do and this has become a major inconvenience since I'm currently WFH and it's been like this since MacOS Catalina.

    Oddly enough, the Scan function works just fine. Some help would be really appreciated and would save my life right now.

    The specs are below:

    Printer - HP Deskjet In Advantage 1515 Laptop - MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015) macOS - Big Sur 11.2.1

    EDIT - SOLVED! I just retried something that didn't seem to work yesterday but it's finally fixed! I downloaded the HP Printer Drivers from here. This is the official Apple Support website so thought I'd give it another try and this time around it worked. I once again uninstalled all the HP related drivers with the HP Uninstall app, cleared /Library/Printers, restarted the computer and installed the printer drivers again and it worked! All I did was connect the Printer and it detected and installed the drivers like a plug-and-play printer as it would pre-Catalina.

    submitted by /u/ResponsibleRanger
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur on my iMac isn't syncing my iCloud drive files from my phone, ipad, or Macbook

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:57 AM PST

    I am unable to retrive files stored from my other devices on icloud drive, onto my imac running big sur. As of today it is fully up to date.

    The icloud drive message pops up saying 'Uploading 59 item, 139mb out of 139 mb', but the loading bar is stuck at the start.
    Is anyone else facing this issue, and have you been able to / how do you solve it?

    submitted by /u/Sushiomnomnom
    [link] [comments]

    Preview app full-screen issue/bug

    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 12:33 AM PST

    Macbook starts playing last opened video before Software Update is complete ��

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:37 AM PST

    Just curious what’s your main browser: Safari or Chrome? And why?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 10:40 AM PST

    Thanks! :)

    submitted by /u/vitalyvoloshyn
    [link] [comments]

    When you factory reset a Mac, which macOS version does it go to by default?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 12:35 PM PST

    For example, if I factory reset a MacBook Pro from 2016, which macOS version will it boot up with? Catalina?

    How about a MacBook Pro from 2014? Will it also boot up with Catalina or go back to Yosemite?

    submitted by /u/pyRSL64
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to hide the battery icon from the menu bar but still show the battery percentage?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 05:45 PM PST

    I only want the battery percentage to show on the menu bar. Is this possible?

    submitted by /u/BertMackklin
    [link] [comments]

    Reminders using too much CPU

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 11:26 AM PST

    My MacBook Air on 11.2.2 lately, and extremely often, starts to spin the fans like crazy, sounds like it is going to take off and the overall system get sluggish.

    I check Activity Monitor and see that process remindd is using an absurd amount of resources. I kill it and immediately the fan start to slow down and the system starts to respond.

    I'm sure it is not a coincidence that so often I get notifications about reminders that have been or completed or postponed.

    Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/John_val
    [link] [comments]

    Any way to force HDR on a display that supports HDR?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 03:09 PM PST

    I got myself a Vizio V series 4K TV that supports Dolby Vision HDR and HDMI 2.2.

    I have the UNI USB-C to HDMI adapter (supports HDCP 2.2, 4K HDR) and a high bandwidth Rocketfish HDMI cable.

    The Mac I'm using is a 2017 MBP 15" with MacOS Big Sur 11.2.1

    When I go to display settings, there is no HDR checkbox even though the color profile has the TV's model number in the name.

    Is there anyway to force enable HDR or trick MacOS into thinking I have an HDR display?

    submitted by /u/pjmccartney
    [link] [comments]

    Why does Reddit hide the REPLY button by the page icon in iOS14.4.1?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 08:46 PM PST

    https://www.flickr.com/photos/83082658@N00/51020796813/in/dateposted-public/

    Why does Reddit hide the REPLY button by the page icon in iOS14.4.1?

    submitted by /u/BlackXacto
    [link] [comments]

    Safari veritical tabs

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 04:24 PM PST

    Ok so the idea is nice but when I use them, my browser real estate is reduced. What happens to that unused horizontal tab space that is now left unused? Maybe move bookmarks there.

    submitted by /u/raoraheel
    [link] [comments]

    Copied folders being modified?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 07:05 PM PST

    I'm in the process of copying select files/folders to an exFat formatted external drive (I want max compatibility as this is an off-site backup of essential files) and I'm noticing that some (not all) folders are being modified on the backup drive as the "Date Modified" is sometime today during the backup. I'm not changing anything. What do you think is being modified? Perhaps permissions? The "bytes" sizes are identical between source and backup, though the "size on disk" sizes are different (I'm guessing this is because exFat calculates sizes differently than HFS+).

    I've never encountered this behavior before when moving folders from one drive to another unless I actually do modify something.

    So, what do you think is going on?

    submitted by /u/judino28
    [link] [comments]

    Does this app work...?

    Posted: 09 Mar 2021 06:48 AM PST

    Recently downloaded dr.fone-virtual location on pc, idk if I can spoof on it though. If it does, do I need to get a vpn or 'root' it or something? I'm on iOS and i think they also operate as MacOS not sure though

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/IDontWannaSoundQueer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel