• Breaking News

    Wednesday, August 25, 2021

    Apple iOS Backup problem- update size suddenly increased from 50 mb to 12gb. All the apps listed under doesn't even come to 500mb. How do I fix it? I want to backup only app data, no files or anything else .

    Apple iOS Backup problem- update size suddenly increased from 50 mb to 12gb. All the apps listed under doesn't even come to 500mb. How do I fix it? I want to backup only app data, no files or anything else .


    Backup problem- update size suddenly increased from 50 mb to 12gb. All the apps listed under doesn't even come to 500mb. How do I fix it? I want to backup only app data, no files or anything else .

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    If you switched, what was your reason?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 04:21 AM PDT

    How do you make your iPhone more efficient?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 04:21 PM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm curious to know how you have your iPhone set up for maximum efficiency. For example, I use the iCloud Keychain for all my passwords so that they're strong + I'm able to use them easily via FaceID. I also use keyboard shortcuts such as 'eml' so that I don't have to type out my email address ever. Last example is that I created Favorites in Apple Maps for the places I go to a lot so that it's one less thing I have to type out.

    What kind of things do you guys do and where can I learn more cool things to try?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/lilkbkid8
    [link] [comments]

    <1 day Recently Deleted glitch

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:58 AM PDT

    I had a couple photos and videos in my Recently Deleted folder that had ~20 days left before they were permanently deleted. Sometimes I'll keep photos there, look through them, and decided if I want to permanently delete them, and then recover the rest.

    Anyway, yesterday I checked, and the photos had <1 written on them in red (I've never seen that message before so I'm not sure if it's normal or not). I'm positive they had a couple weeks left since I checked just the other day. I recovered them all just to be safe and then re-deleted them, but when I checked today, half of them were gone from the Recently Deleted folder.

    Is this a glitch? Is there any way to recover the lost photos?

    submitted by /u/neji_byakugan
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 pro max stuck in restore mode

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:39 AM PDT

    Hello all, my phone couldn't update to 14.7.1 from 14.6 by itself. So i tried to install it with itunes but my phone got stuck in restore mode. I can't exit it by hard reset, I also tried going in DFU mode but it just gets to restore mode again. Please help! SAYS ERROR 1100

    submitted by /u/Equivalent-Ad-3314
    [link] [comments]

    How to clear iCloud downloads from IPhone storage?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 04:52 AM PDT

    Hi, I'm new to IOS and I have a question regarding iCloud on the files app. Say, I have downloaded a 100mb video to watch from my iCloud, how do I clear it from my local storage? I can't seem to find solid answers regarding this since I'm pretty worried it will accumulate a lot since I noticed on apple's website they mentioned that iCloud downloads don't automatically delete like how iOS manages music files and photos and videos

    submitted by /u/danialbeats1525
    [link] [comments]

    Can anyone recommend a diary app?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 08:37 AM PDT

    Looking for the following:

    Important:

    • Accessible from multiple devices. I would like to be able to access it from my Macbook, my Windows desktop, my iPhone, and my iPad, so that I can fill in my diary wherever I feel like doing it.

    • I am able to download and export all my dairy entries into a common format such as Markdown or JSON.

    • I should be able to add pictures to my journal entry.

    • I am able to print out my diary entries.

    Bonus:

    • The company that owns the app is not able to read my diary entries. Either I store the data myself, or the data is encrypted and the company is unable to view it.

    • I can write using an iPad stylus.

    • I can have entries using voice


    I am okay with paying for the app. I'm also okay to use generic tools such as Notion or Apple notes.

    submitted by /u/aelesia-
    [link] [comments]

    YouTube PiP

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 11:38 AM PDT

    So I know like back in June, Google announced that any iPhone user with Premium in the US would get PiP, I have a family sharing premium account, not on iOS beta, and still have never gotten this option, it's not in YouTube's settings either. Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/tpoez28
    [link] [comments]

    Here’s how to officially turn on YouTube Picture-in-Picture (PiP) for iPhone right now

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:39 PM PDT

    More convenient way to go back?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 05:51 AM PDT

    Back on Android, I could press the back button on the bottom right which is conveniently where my right thumb is. Now on iOS, I have to either stretch my finger or use my left hand to press the back button usually on the top left.

    Surely there's a better shortcut instead of hoping that apps allow swiping right as a return function?

    submitted by /u/catsik1
    [link] [comments]

    How in heaven is Shazam shortcut added to Siri?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 05:44 AM PDT

    The damn Siri continues to tell I have to add the Shazam shortcut for it to be able to use it. It asks to open shortcuts app then there I get prompted to add the Shazam shortcut that is already there and so it just get overwritten , yet Siri won't use it ever.

    submitted by /u/XDaiBaron
    [link] [comments]

    Blocked a number on WhatsApp. Does that affect the person contacting me on FaceTime Audio or iMessage?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 01:36 AM PDT

    Homekit

    Posted: 25 Aug 2021 12:54 AM PDT

    Hey i have 3 ios devices right now. iPhone 12 mini (main phone) iPad mini and iPhone 8 (second phone) Every is connected to my apple iD.

    In Home app i had routines like "if anybody is home then set lights to 70%" for example and the thing is lately im away frome home and my iPad thinks that i am just because my iPhone 8 is there and turning the lights on.

    How i can exclude it from Home routines without making different apple id for it? Or what things do I change in setting of the phone (wifi/bluetooth/location etc) to not inform my ipad that it is in home?

    submitted by /u/Froyo13
    [link] [comments]

    My Apple Watch messed up and said I fell 100 times. Any way to get the graph back to normal?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 07:22 AM PDT

    Why should I use a to do app other than Apple Reminders?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:22 PM PDT

    For some reason, I am dying to move on from it. A lot of that has to do with the difficulty of adding items when I'm at my PC. Is there a benefit to moving on, or should I stick with it? If there is, what app do you recommend? Willing to pay for a good one.

    submitted by /u/Dave-CPA
    [link] [comments]

    My 12 Pro Max has shit battery life + gets hot a lot

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    So not sure if either of these are normal or if I'm doing something wrong but my 12 Pro Max (only 8 months old) has pretty bad battery life in my opinion. Is it bc I like to keep brightness high?

    And on top of that, the phone itself gets hot a lot and the screen will start dimming and this is super annoying as sometimes I'll be in my car following on Google Maps GPS and my screen will just starting dimming.....

    submitted by /u/californialiving1
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to make this message disappear

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 09:26 PM PDT

    [Photos] How long are downloaded photos from iCloud backup kept on local storage?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 10:39 AM PDT

    Hi!

    I have iCloud backup for photos enabled, but currently the app is taking a lot of memory (with all photos uploaded). It's true, I rewatched some old pics/videos which were downloaded at the full size, so how long are those kept stored at full size in the memory?

    https://imgur.com/a/HbnIlSS/

    submitted by /u/IonutHw
    [link] [comments]

    Viewing super old messages

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 08:01 PM PDT

    I want to view super old messages in iMessage without having to scroll to the top, or do the "tap the top bar" trick. Is there anyway I can quickly see the oldest messages first? Maybe on a pc or something?

    submitted by /u/Emergency-Visit
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else get this while watching youtube on safari with an m1 laptop?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 12:11 PM PDT

    How do you feel about spatialize stereo on iOS? I don’t get it.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 11:29 AM PDT

    It's a cool feature, but why would I want the sound to rotate when I turn my head while watching video on my iPhone? Isn't it better to just have normal stereo sound in both ears? Is there something I am missing with this feature?

    submitted by /u/WetShowerSocks
    [link] [comments]

    Private mode not available on safari (iOS 15) content restrictions not on, and this sucks because I kept all of my tabs on private mode so everything is gone

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 06:16 PM PDT

    A widget like Siri App Suggestions that lets you choose which apps

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 05:48 PM PDT

    As per the title, is anyone aware of an app that acts like the Siri App Suggestions widget but lets you choose which apps go in there? I think it would be cool to be able to make a stack and have different groups of apps that I can quickly cycle through rather than have multiple pages or go through the library or spotlight.

    submitted by /u/DaveM8686
    [link] [comments]

    I decided to tweak the audio player UI, what do you think

    Posted: 24 Aug 2021 01:42 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel