• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 27, 2021

    macOS I just realized that the folders in dark mode are still light. I can't stop looking at them now...

    macOS I just realized that the folders in dark mode are still light. I can't stop looking at them now...


    I just realized that the folders in dark mode are still light. I can't stop looking at them now...

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    what are these folders that macOS puts on every drive?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:14 PM PDT

    macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 (20G80) is live! What's New?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 10:24 AM PDT

    The macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 update is now available for download! This post will be continually updated with the latest info.

    UPDATED: 7/26

    This update fixes a serious exploit where an application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges!

    Apple says that it is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.

    The issue -->

    OMobileFrameBuffer

    Available for: macOS Big Sur

    Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.

    Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

    CVE-2021-30807: an anonymous researcher

    Details

    • Security Fixes - 1

    New Features

    • None

    Resolved Issues

    • None

    Installer and Update Details

    Full Installer = 11.6GB

    Delta Update Size 11.5 > 11.5.1 = 2.3GB

    Combo Update Size 11.0.1 > 11.5.1 = 3-12GB

    Full Software Update Size (Sometimes needed if your Mac os snapshot is unsealed) = 12GB

    Safari Update = NOT UPDATED

    Intel Mac T2 Bridge OS Updated = NOT UPDATED

    Apple Silicon Firmware Updated = NOT UPDATED

    My What's New in macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 Update Article

    https://mrmacintosh.com/macos-big-sur-11-5-1-update-20g80-is-live-whats-new/

    macOS Big Sur Full Installer Database (InstallAssistant.pkg)

    https://mrmacintosh.com/macos-big-sur-full-installer-database-download-directly-from-apple/

    Apple Silicon IPSW macOS Restore File Database (Big Sur & Monterey Beta M1 Restores)

    https://mrmacintosh.com/apple-silicon-m1-full-macos-restore-ipsw-firmware-files-database/

    submitted by /u/MrMacintoshBlog
    [link] [comments]

    How to stop applications accessing network shares?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:35 PM PDT

    I do not understand why applications like Cisco WebEx Meetings, Microsoft Teams, Slack, etc. access network shares. The network shares I have mounted are of my NAS at home. When I bring my macbook at work, these applications keep trying to access my network shares.

    Its so frustrating that even if I access the preferences of these applications, for each share I need to wait and cancel on "unable to access network share".

    submitted by /u/akhil7j
    [link] [comments]

    How do I make my dock panel look like ubuntu side panel?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 01:47 AM PDT

    Here.
    I know I can pin my dock panel to the left side by changing it in settings. But it only cowers a small space and the rest of the screen is unused. How can I make it take up ALL of the space on the left side?

    If there's a way to make dock panel look like ubuntu(gnome) side panel, that'd be grand. I tried all sorts of things.

    submitted by /u/UnhandledNaughtyBoy
    [link] [comments]

    HELP! Rare issue on M1 iMac: 2-finger hold & drag not working!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 05:50 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro and HDR Question

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 06:56 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro and HDR Question

    Do you guys know if the 2017 MacBook Pro outputs HDR when connected to an external HDR display?

    I have a LG 34WN80C-B 34 Inch 21:9 UltraWide (HDR10 capable) monitor which when connected through HDMI or USB-C to my MacBook Pro 2017 does give me the HDR option under Display Settings.

    https://preview.redd.it/00v0l51jtnd71.png?width=780&format=png&auto=webp&s=896175b25494c9103d6c3223fee3fa766ffdc209

    But when I connect my MacBook Pro to my LG UM6900PUA Smart TV (HDR10 capable), it does not give me that option.

    https://preview.redd.it/av4d9da3wnd71.png?width=1560&format=png&auto=webp&s=e5c2d359fdea8db2a4fe63d04ce8082ecec55434

    I asked Apple support and the guys at the Genius Bar but no one could give me an answer. Also went through a lot of different cables/adapters and still couldn't get the HDR option on my TV.

    I'm currently running macOS Monterey Version 12 Beta on my 13 inch 2017 four thunderbolt MacBook Pro.

    submitted by /u/jorgeperezg9
    [link] [comments]

    macOS Calendar - any way to make timed events receive the same highlighting as all-day events in Month view?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 12:44 AM PDT

    It looks much nicer in my opinion.

    submitted by /u/dedmunk_
    [link] [comments]

    anyone else's text alignment on preview gone haywire (big sur 11.5.1)? the alignment for center and right align seems to be switched up.

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 12:13 AM PDT

    How to add GAM (jay0lee) to path in MacOS BigSur?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 12:02 AM PDT

    Or any other exectuable

    submitted by /u/WorldCitiz3n
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Air 2020 (i3 variant) heating excessively

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:36 PM PDT

    Hi, So I have a MBA 2020 i3 10th gen. It keeps overheating for no good reason. I'm just using Zoom for classes and safari on the side. Is this a problem with my model 'cause I have heard people say the cooling system is poor. Also it maybe to the fact that where I live it is really hot (34 C as I'm typing this).I keep it on a stand the one which allows airflow.

    I'm now curious if there any apps (preferably free/open-source) which can restrict CPU/GPU usage of particular applications?

    submitted by /u/not_a_guitarist
    [link] [comments]

    Apple keyboard

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:15 PM PDT

    I am developing in Python and recently acquired short Apple keyboard it is driving me nuts.

    In VsCode it "misplaces" cursor I think about switching to a standard keyboard.

    Lack of forward delete (yes I know about fn+ delete) is also annoying. No problem in daily use but in coding it stinks.

    Does anybody has the same problem?

    submitted by /u/mikeinnsw
    [link] [comments]

    Mac App Auto-Lockout?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:58 PM PDT

    Mac App Auto-Lockout?

    Hi MacOS community,

    I am a novice Mac tweaker who would love to find a way around what seems like an auto-security feature in Big Sur... This error (below).

    https://preview.redd.it/qwoscdwprod71.png?width=616&format=png&auto=webp&s=6430358aca9312d66ffb6025ff2bc8470d677808

    I am currently using a script that allows me to modify system files (to customize my system app icons) which requires that my Security Policy be set to Permissive. However, it drives me crazy that some apps I download from the App Store (not all weirdly) give me this Security error when I try to open them. Is there a way for me to bypass this error to be able to open my apps (without changing from Permissive Security?)

    Thank you!

    submitted by /u/GrantedSuper
    [link] [comments]

    Black Screen while playing video on TV App…fixes? (MacOS Big Sur 11.5.1)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 12:13 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having an issue with Reddit in Safari where if they paste something into a comment, they can no longer edit it?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:36 PM PDT

    Help/Uninstalling an app

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:56 PM PDT

    I am a proud owner of new M1 MBP and this is my first interaction with macOS after being a lifelong Windows user. So I downloaded app (Raycast) from a web and now I want to remove it and I have problems with damn uninstall... I removed all files of the app from finder but Icon of the app still persist in Launchpad. How to solve this?

    submitted by /u/Tired_8
    [link] [comments]

    Natural Scrolling for Trackpad but Reverse Scrolling for Mouse?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:44 AM PDT

    Is there a way to set things up so that my bluetooth (and, of course, built-in) trackpad continues to have natural scrolling while my bluetooth mouse has reverse scrolling? I've tried fiddling with my settings, but I can only seem to choose one or the other to apply to both. Both trackpad and mouse scroll naturally or they scroll reversed and I can't seem to set one to one way and the other to the other. I don't know if there's a way to do so, but if anyone has tried anything and could let me know, I would really appreciate it.

    TIA.

    submitted by /u/magicallymedical
    [link] [comments]

    macOS BigSur laggy dialog animation

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    macOS BigSur laggy dialog animation

    https://i.redd.it/ws8izrzu5md71.gif

    Hi Guys! I own a 2019 MacBook Pro with a minimal config (no dedicated GPU). Since "upgrading" to BigSur, I noticed that the new dialogs have a slow and laggy animation (as shown in the GIF). After some time and frustration, I decided to reinstall BigSur and tadaa, all animations were smooth again. Well, at least I thought so. After two hours of using the newly installed system, suddenly the aminations got laggy again?!

    Does anyone have an idea why this is the case? Does it have something to do with the fact that I don't have a GPU?

    submitted by /u/AwsomeLuke
    [link] [comments]

    A foolproof way to stop all Adobe processes and services running in the background?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    Please guys for the love of god is there some magic terminal command i can run that will stop all Adobe services and processes running in the background.

    im plagued with core sync running CPU utilisation and other crative cloud services there are just too much and i want to maintain a clean system to keep my battery running as long as possible.

    i have a 16 inch 2020 macbook pro touch bar and photoshop 2021.

    Thank you so much in adcance.

    submitted by /u/Jamestq
    [link] [comments]

    Wallpaper dark and light mode

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:56 PM PDT

    Is there a possibility to set wallpapers specifically for the dark and light mode?

    submitted by /u/beck3r_
    [link] [comments]

    11.5 killed my iMac?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:43 PM PDT

    I have a 2014 iMac which at the time I absolutely maxed out with everything. 32gb ram. Etc. The computer has been my workhorse all these years and was fine a few days ago. It feels like once I installed 11.5 my computer has been absolute trash. Everything is beach balling. Even after a complete format and clean install of the OS every single thing is a beach ball. Like basic things like opening the notes app. Or loading a playlist. Or opening a website. Opening a system preference.

    I have no clue what's happening. Hardware tests show no known issues.

    submitted by /u/xmacv
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else having external display issues on Big Sur?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:10 AM PDT

    So the following issue has been driving me insane for a couple of months now:

    I have my MacBook Air M1 connected to a 27 inch USB-C LG 4K monitor (LGUL850), and most of the times when I waken it from sleep mode the image on the external monitor is blurry. It's not a resolution issue however: it like the Mac is simply compressing the video image.

    It's especially noticeable around red interface elements, like the stoplight or notification badges in the dock, which leads me to believe the Mac is applying some form of Chroma subsampling, instead of outputting in 4:4:4. (Sorry for the jargon!)

    The weird thing is that this issue is easily resolved by simply unplugging the USB-C cable and then immediately plugging it in again. Afterwards, the image is once again nice and clear.

    Has anyone else experienced anything similar with Big Sur and external displays? It seems weird to me that something as 'simple' as external display support would be so difficult to get right for a company like Apple.

    submitted by /u/Marmite_is_salty
    [link] [comments]

    macOS base system

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:17 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I think I downloaded malware to my MacBook Air 2019 so I restarted it from factory settings. What happen if you delete MacOS Base System? I only delated MacBook HD

    submitted by /u/Yelo_user
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel