• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 27, 2021

    Apple TV Ted Lasso is surprisingly good.

    Apple TV Ted Lasso is surprisingly good.


    Ted Lasso is surprisingly good.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:13 PM PDT

    As someone who hates sports with a deep passion I am pleased to proclaim my love of this show. Smartly written with a lot of heart. Good characters. Ticks all the boxes.

    submitted by /u/Pengabee
    [link] [comments]

    You really should be watching Schmigadoon!

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:16 AM PDT

    It's easily the second-best comedy on Apple TV Plus. Great cast and concept. Funny with some heart and emotion to it. The songs are a neat touch but not too overwhelming to the comedy.

    submitted by /u/shawnhopkins
    [link] [comments]

    was AppleTV removed from Google?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 03:22 AM PDT

    I'm unable to install with an apk or download from play store to my phone. I thought it was available across devices now? Also not seeing it on my Samsung TV app store.

    submitted by /u/fuck_this_place_
    [link] [comments]

    Intermittent no network connection

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 02:20 AM PDT

    Hey guys, so a bit of a background on my setup. I'm using the latest generation Apple TV 4K. It is hardwired by Ethernet to a tplink switch ( which is set to static ip ) which is then connected to a Deco X90.

    Since getting the Apple TV, I've noticed every few days that a no network connection error pops up on the right side of the display.

    Nothing else happens, videos don't buffer and everything seems to work. I run a Speedtest the exact moment the error comes up and it still gives me gigabit speeds.

    Has anyone else experienced this issue ? I don't think it's a dhcp issue too as I had just recently reset my router but I can't be sure.

    What would cause that error to pop up while seemingly not having any network issues at all. All other Ethernet devices do not have any errors ( TV, Sonos ).

    I had the errors on tvOS 14 and now on the 15 beta too

    submitted by /u/applepoople
    [link] [comments]

    Dolby atmos…

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 07:00 AM PDT

    Recently purchased a system that supports atmos and let me say, I am MUCH more impressed with Dolby atmos through an Apple TV and speakers than I was first testing it with the supported AirPods Pro. Wife and I sat and listened to most of the supported albums and appreciated it and it's mixing almost as much as watching a good entertaining show.

    You can definitely tell which engineers took advantage of such technology, and which songs seems to have been just ran through a algorithm to create atmos.

    Thanks apple, listening to the Beatles has sent me down an appreciation for their mixes and creativity that I hadn't experienced until now

    submitted by /u/CPU_Tron
    [link] [comments]

    Enabling siri on a non-supported country + creating US based apple id

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 12:36 AM PDT

    Hi, I read that I can ise siri if Im going to add a US based apple id account.

    How can I create a new apple id? Also, do i need to have a us based credit card linked to a US account? Thank you

    submitted by /u/josef_cruz93
    [link] [comments]

    Is the $150 Apple TV worth it?

    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 12:10 AM PDT

    Hi guys, I'm new to this subreddit and I have a question. Is the Apple TV HD worth it? I only have a 720p projector so I don't need the 4K but I also don't want it to be slow and obsolete in a couple years. I'm mainly only going to be watching tv and playing very light games (crossy road, etc.).

    submitted by /u/zayanmannan
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV remote IR power on/off?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 02:00 PM PDT

    Hi All,

    I got my first Apple TV yesterday and I have been working on getting it all set up. I am hoping someone knows a way to have it power on and off extra devices using IR?

    After enabling HDMI CEC on my TV, I am able to have the Apple remote power on the TV, and the Apple TV, and turn the TVs input to the one the Apple TV is plugged in to, all with a press of the power button. It also turns everything off if I hold down the power button for a second.

    My TV is sending audio to a stereo amplifier via an optical cable. I was even able to get the Apple TV remote to learn volume up, volume down, and mute on my stereo.

    I am SO close to being able to do everything with a single remote, but I can't figure out how to have the Apple TV remote turn my stereo on and off. Is this possible?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/waaden
    [link] [comments]

    How to remove two-step authorization from apple tv plus?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 08:59 PM PDT

    I see no way to do so in settings.

    submitted by /u/VentSauxe
    [link] [comments]

    AppleTV not accepting remote inputs or pairings, please help.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 08:27 PM PDT

    My wife and I have 2 AppleTVs, both fourth gen. #1 works fine. #2 recently stopped accepting input from its remote. I've charged it, and attempted to re-pair it multiple times.

    I've been able to pair both remotes to AppltTV #1. Neither remote will pair with #2. Finally, #2 accepts the command from its remote to hard restart (hold 'menu' and 'play' for 5ish seconds), but doesn't otherwise accept inputs. Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/AceItalianStallion
    [link] [comments]

    Did anyone’s $9.99 Paramount+ and Showtime bundle just end and resubscribe at the full $20.98?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:27 PM PDT

    I've been on the Paramount+ and Showtime bundle since it was CBS All Access and Showtime and it cost $9.99 a month. I did not change or cancel anything. I would never cancel a steal like that.

    Was the grandfathering only supposed to last a few months after 4/21? Is it worth it to call Apple or is this normal? I just have this sinking feeling that even if it wasn't supposed to do that, they'll tell me there's nothing they can do to change it back.

    submitted by /u/Pogey25
    [link] [comments]

    Security Systems?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 09:07 AM PDT

    I am researching security and home monitoring systems for our home and have a - possibly overly ambitious - question. Most of the systems I see include options to receive push notifications about activity on our iPhones (doorbells, motion sensors, doors/windows opening, etc.).

    However, when we're home, we don't usually have our phones on us all the time, and we'd like to opt out of an audible doorbell since our dogs lose their minds when they hear it. So here's my question: Is it possible for any security system to also display these push notifications on the AppleTV? That way, if we're watching TV and a doorbell is rang, we get a notification and can view the camera directly fromt the TV rather than having to run and grab our phone? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/SlickRebel231
    [link] [comments]

    Single AppleTV for multiple rooms?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 04:27 PM PDT

    I'd like to use a single AppleTV in multiple rooms. The reason isn't because the AppleTV is too expensive but to have synced play in multiple rooms. Anyone know a good way to send the output of an AppleTV over Ethernet?

    submitted by /u/Life-Ad1547
    [link] [comments]

    Watch List + Voice Control Questions

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    I am considering going Apple TV from FireTV. If I make this change it is a huge eco system change for me and lots of little things would be different.

    Two main things I am thinking of now I think Apple TV might do better while I think Alexa/FireTV does the other better.

    1. With AppleTV how does the watch list work. Am I able to see all shows I am watching across supported apps (I think I heard Netflix does not play nice). What about a save feature...is there a way to bookmark/save movies or shows that I want to watch at a later date.
    2. How well does voice control work with this. I love using Alexa to get the FireTV on and on the show I want to watch. I think AppleTV + HomePod can not do this today, but it is coming soon?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Legend1138
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix progress not being save when watching on Apple TV

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 02:58 PM PDT

    Hey guys! Anyone notice Netflix progress not being saved once you turn off the Apple TV?

    I watched a whole movie and finished it today on the ATV but when I opened the Netflix app on my iPhone it shows that I still have half way to go, which is where I resumed from in the Apple TV today.

    Anyway to fix this issue ? Do we have to leave the app on for a while after finishing a movie ?

    submitted by /u/applepoople
    [link] [comments]

    Something has changed with my volume controls, please help.

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 01:48 PM PDT

    Edit: It began working again randomly with seemingly no changes, so it must have seen I was talking about it and started flying right. Strange because I have been dealing with this problem for weeks and now it works. Any insight on what might cause this functional issue? I wonder if it will start disconnecting itself again now. ————————————

    I have a 4th gen AppleTV with tvOS 14.6. It is connected to a computer monitor via hdmi and I have a Bluetooth speaker to use with it.

    Up until recently, I could control the volume with the remote app on my iPhone. That has changed, and I am not sure when or why (like if it coincided with an update?) The volume control on the Apple remote still works, but I would like to get the ability to use the iPhone volume buttons again.

    Another thing that has changed is that before, the AppleTV would lose its Bluetooth connection to the speaker when it went to sleep. No big deal, I just had to switch the speaker off then on to make it able to connect again. (This problem with the speaker is not unique to the AppleTV, we have to power cycle this model of speaker to reconnect our phones as well)

    When the volume control changed, the speaker stopped losing its Bluetooth connection. I haven't had to reconnect the speaker ever since.

    Under remotes and devices, volume control is set to auto (headphones). All I can do is set it to auto and off. For a while volume control was set to auto but grayed out, now it is not grayed out. All these changes happened simultaneously.

    Given all this, I suspect I need to re-classify this speaker as a speaker rather than headphones, but I am not sure how to do that from the Apple TV.

    On my iPhone I can connect to the speaker and it is classified as a speaker, not headphones. Is there a way to correct this setting on the AppleTV? I must be missing something.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/exintrovert
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to sort photos from new to old?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 06:01 AM PDT

    The photos app on the iPad tv always sorts photos from old to new, which gives me blisters on my fingers in big albums to scroll to the newest pictures.

    I can't find a way to sort photos from new to old (which seems to me as a pretty basic feature). Am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/ArnieSchwanzisBigger
    [link] [comments]

    No automatic screensaver when playing music with Apple Music (or Spotify)?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    Just got the new ATV4K and am giving Apple Music a try because why not. However even with the system wide setting to enable screensaver when playing music and podcasts the screensaver never starts and instead it stays on the default album art and lyrics screen. Same with Spotify although a quick search seems to indicate this is Spotify's doing.

    I can back out to the home screen and hit the back arrow to manually enable the screensaver but that is kinda annoying.

    As I am using this on an OLED I would prefer the screensaver to come on automatically (even better would be an option for a pure black screensaver but alas).

    Any idea whats wrong or is this expected behaviour?

    submitted by /u/satysin
    [link] [comments]

    Even with match frame rate off, going back from playing a title is very slow

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 07:17 AM PDT

    Earlier people said that due to match frame rate the "back" operation is slow. But even without it it's slow. Any hypotheses ?

    submitted by /u/newchurner255
    [link] [comments]

    How does an Apple TV + 2 HomePods in home theater and a soundbar work together?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    Hey folks, I'm thinking of upgrading my setup with a sound bar but not sure how well is it going to play with the current setup. Was wondering if anyone has an Apple TV + 2 HomePods on home theater mode and a sound bar, how does it all work together? Do you have to manually add the sound bar as an audio output? any pros and cons you can share?

    Is the sound bar going to just output standard audio in respect to the Atmos capable HomePods and and instead ruin the setup in this case?

    submitted by /u/somethingrandom199
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel