• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 23, 2020

    Apple Help My iPhone’s 5s Touch ID has stopped working

    Apple Help My iPhone’s 5s Touch ID has stopped working


    My iPhone’s 5s Touch ID has stopped working

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    If I was browsing reddit on my iPhone and previewed a link and it turned out to be malicious, would I get malware on my iPhone?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:10 PM PDT

    I am using an iPhone 11 Pro Max with iOS 14 beta. Would I get malware if I was just previewing the link?

    submitted by /u/throwaway204420
    [link] [comments]

    Facetime Photos not Saving. I just went through updating my phone, restarting it, opening up space in icloud. My facetime live photo’s work for everybody but one person who i facetime a lot. we both have facetime photos enabled n working n when she takes them of me it saves. How do i fix this?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:34 PM PDT

    5k iMac bootlooping problem that just keeps getting worse

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    Okay so I've been trying to repair my mom's 2015 5k iMac which started having problems where it would bootloop and refuse to get as far as even get to the login screen. I was also unable to boot into recovery.

    I assumed that the issue here was the hard drive. As the people at the local repair shop could not procure the necessary adhesive from Apple to be able to do a hard drive replacement, I decided to get the SSD replaxement kit from ifixit. I managed to do the repair without a hitch, but figured I'd give it a test before I reapplied the adhesive. This is where it went from bad to worse.

    The same problem that had ocurred before was still happening and I still couldn't get into local recovery. It would boot into internet recovery and then say is was going to take 40 hours to download which was completely unrealistic, so I decided to install the OS (High Sierra) onto the drive using a MacBook Pro and then try to boot to the disk in the iMac from there. The OS installed just fine and booted without a hitch on the MBP. From here, I tried booting into recovery on the iMac using said drive and I was still getting the exact same problem.

    I tried a bunch of different things in vein for two hours to get the machine to boot (reset SMC, PRAM, NVRAM, tried safe mode, recovery, single user mode, target drive mode, an install disk, etc) and finally managed to get some information out of the machine through a diagnostic which said that all of the hardware was fine, and a verbose boot which read "too many corpses being created". A little ominous, but at least it was something. From here I tried many things, but couldn't get much of anywhere. I tried another verbose boot and got another error that was supposedly fixable in recovery mode which I still could not get in to. I also tried moving around the RAM to no avail.

    At this point, I was completely stumped so just for yucks I decided to boot the MBP in target disk mode and see if the iMac could boot to that drive. For the first time throughout the whole process, I managed to actually get a chime and the computer booted to the login screen. The only issue was that I could not get past the login screen, it would always crash. On top of this, when booting to the MBP in target disk mode, recovery, verbose, and all other boot modes were completely unavailable. But the chime was working now, even when the internal SSD was the one that was plugged in.

    So at this point, I was completely l and utterly stumped. I'd wasted my whole day on this and had nothing to show for it. In a last ditch effort, I tried plugging the internal SSD into the iMac via USB just to see if the problem was the SATA cable in the machine but it was the same problem. I can no longer boot into verbose even on the internal SSD.

    I've tried multiple keyboards, and every single thing I've found online that was even remotely close to what I'm experiencing but nothing has worked. I think at this point it has something to do with EFI or firmware (still can't determine if those are the same thing or not). Does anyone know anything else to try or should I just give up and sell the thing for parts? Do you think trying to install Mojave or Catalina on the disk might work better? Any help is greatly appreciated.

    Thank you!

    EDIT: some grammar

    submitted by /u/ZakriyaBH
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 11 connected to random bluetooth during phone call?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    Sorry in advance for the lack of meaningful details!

    I was doing some shopping after work with a coworker and had to make a quick call to my mom about something she wanted and the call kept cutting out on her end. Apparently she could hear me but I couldn't hear her, I finally just told her to text me if she wanted anything else and ended the call. I noticed as I was hanging up that the call was going through bluetooth, which I found odd but ignored because I didn't want to hold my coworker up since it was almost 11pm.

    My phone only has four recognized pairings: my car, my mom's car, my wireless earbuds (which were at home), and my alarm clock that doubles as a speaker. None of which were within range. I really wish I had tried to replicate the issue or checked what exactly my phone had connected to, but I was in a rush and didn't want to hold my coworker up.

    I have an iPhone 11 running iOS 13.3.

    submitted by /u/deplatayoro
    [link] [comments]

    Need help with my photos deleting themselves

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:58 PM PDT

    iOS images

    Turns out there is an option on iPhones that deletes most if not all of your photos. I found out the hard way. I have checked the recently deleted folder and iCloud and there was absolutely nothing there. Any way for me to get my images back?

    submitted by /u/ADotSDashEight
    [link] [comments]

    [Upgrade Question] iMac late 2015 SSD upgrade, is the OWC thermal sensor necessary for this particular model? Any advice? Thanks

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:53 PM PDT

    iPhone 8 randomly reboots and shuts down after upgrading to iOS 13.6

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:45 PM PDT

    My iPhone 8 has been acting weird since it was upgraded to iOS 13.6. It keeps on rebooting randomly. And sometimes just dies. Powers only only after a hard reset. The battery life is at a good 87% so battery is not the culprit. Have done a complete restore but the problem still exists. What can be the issue??

    submitted by /u/iPhonebunny
    [link] [comments]

    Just upgraded to Catalina, iPod Classic won't accept new music?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), running Catalina 10.15.6. I finally upgrade to Catalina after much trepidation over losing iTunes and things have mostly gone smoothly, until I finally tried to put new music on my iPod today. I go into Music, go to my iPod, click sync settings, then am in Finder and I'm at this screen, which resembles what I'd like to use to put music on the iPod.

    https://imgur.com/Llajnoa

    But when I click new music, the sync and apply buttons go white. Any ideas? It's not just that my iPod is at capacity, I've tried unchecking things. Nothing doing.

    Edit: A possible problem might be that it's just....loading forever?

    submitted by /u/singstall
    [link] [comments]

    RAM Error Tone 11’ iMac

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:35 PM PDT

    Hey all. I was given a 2011 iMac 21.5" that wasn't working for unknown reasons. Threw a ssd in it and some OWC ram and I keep getting the 3 tone error for failed RAM. I used other ram I had in my other computer as well as some other sticks I had to no avail. I did the PRAM reset as well. Do I have a big pile of junk RAM or is there something else going on that I am missing? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/TwoNine13
    [link] [comments]

    How can I get Picture in Picture to work (Safari, MacOS Catalina) where it seems to be disabled?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 09:33 PM PDT

    In both Netflix and Amazon Prime Video I'm finding that Picture in Picture won't work. I like being able to watch shows while doing other things. Does anyone know how to get those services to work with PiP? Please share. I've tried apps like Fluid and Helium but they don't seem to work any more (they ask for Silverlight to be downloaded and then it never downloads).

    submitted by /u/Boysenberry_Natural
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new Mac Mini won't connect to internet

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:54 PM PDT

    I have it connected to the router via ethernet, and it's not seeing the internet. I can't sign into iCloud as a result and it's throwing all sorts of errors due to things not connecting. The wifi sees the router and claims to be connected, but there doesn't appear to be any internet access anywhere. Also every few seconds it pops up a window saying "Verifying (some random app, different every time)."

    I'd heard that Catalina was a hot mess but this is ridiculous. Does it get any better, or should I just return this and look for a used one with Mojave on it?

    submitted by /u/NotRoryWilliams
    [link] [comments]

    AirPod generation one missing question

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:46 PM PDT

    So my dad dropped one of his AirPod at work and he's back home with the other one. And I'm aware he can't use the find my app to make a sound. But how does the location part work? When I looked it up, I found that it'll show the location of one AirPod at a time. So it shows the one he has with him. It also says that if he puts the one it shows in the case, it'll show him the other one. But that doesn't work, it only shows the one he has. Help needed. Screenshots would be nice if it's helpful

    submitted by /u/abdulahad1234
    [link] [comments]

    Synch from my iPhone to iTunes, not the reverse...help, is this possible?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:37 PM PDT

    Without explaining why other than saying I was careless when cleaning up my hard drive, I completely wiped out my iTunes on my Windows 10 PC. Some song files are still there under Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music because I stopped the delete process the moment I caught it, but by that point, a lot of damage was done. When I opened iTunes on the computer - everything was gone. A good bit of stuff is on my phone now from the last sync and I'd like to sync iTunes with (from) my phone now so it will pull what's on the phone into iTunes on the computer. But normally, it goes the other way around. So the question is, can the synch work in reverse so at least I can recover what's on the phone back into iTunes by synching iTunes to the iPhone instead of the reverse? Bone head move by me so any help appreciated.

    submitted by /u/MorningModulation
    [link] [comments]

    Autocorrect capitalizing random words, and dictation replacing commonplace words with weird proper nouns I have no connection to

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    Still happening on iOS 14, but both of these behaviors have been going on for years and I've never been able to figure them out.

    Autocorrect will capitalize a number of somewhat random words. The two that stand out most prominently in my memory are River and Mount. There are no names in my contacts matching either of those words, so there's no basis for the correction I can think of, except that I often talk about specific rivers; __ River is in fact a common usage, but not nearly as common as "the river" or "a river."

    With the proper nouns in dictation, it's even weirder. One example is the name "Hass." Again, there is no such name in my contacts, and to my knowledge it's not a famous or commonplace name, but when I dictate the word "has", my iPhone usually replaces it with this presumably a proper noun "Hass." It's very annoying having to go back and manually type the word every time. It's quite perplexing.

    What could be causing this behavior?

    submitted by /u/NotRoryWilliams
    [link] [comments]

    My track pad and mouse settings just changed out of no where. Is it possible an update happened and changed my settings?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 08:15 PM PDT

    I can't click with my track pad anymore. I have to change the setting to "tap to click". Which I don't want and didn't have a day ago. I want to have to click the pad to open a page or app. But if I uncheck "tap to click" I can't click on anything.

    What happened and how did this change? Sorry but very frustrating. Thanks for the help.

    submitted by /u/Zoze13
    [link] [comments]

    Whenever I try to restore my iPad Air 1 its comes up with this. What do I do?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    Kept audio message other than the person I’m texting?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 04:16 PM PDT

    So I sent my gf an audio message, I saw the (contact) kept the audio message notification, but then bellow it I saw another number, I asked my gf if she knew it and it's her brother who is like 13 years old, and this really concerns me. He knows her passcode, any way he linked the phones?

    It's so concerning considering the stuff I've sent and how personal it all is.

    I have a screen shot of anyone wants to see

    Help!

    submitted by /u/-ndy_on_tor
    [link] [comments]

    What does this mean? Does my phone have a virus?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:50 PM PDT

    Can I update or do I need to replace?

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:26 PM PDT

    I have a Macbook Pro that's a bit over 9 years old. About 4 or 5 years ago I converted it to a solid-state drive and upgraded the chips to its max capacity of 8GB. Recently it's been really slowing down, I tried to do a zoom call today and it lost its mind and couldn't keep up with audio and video.

    Is there any way to speed it up? I could defrag a PC, but I'm not sure if there's a similar thing for Macs. I might be looking at a replacement here soon if not. I am a bit wary to replace it with a new Mac because if my current one was dragging at 4 years and I could extend its life by doing some upgrades I don't know how I could justify getting a new mac that you can't upgrade because they've soldered the RAM in place. I don't use any high powered software, so I probably don't even need a Mac, I just really like them. I used to burn through windows PCs at an alarming rate. Though I once had an iMac that blew a logic board at 3.5 years and would have cost more than the computer was worth to replace... Any input anyone has for me is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/cmae1186
    [link] [comments]

    How to fix my iphone XS, the screen is not responding (great condition)

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    I have an iphone XS, and last night it was in my bag and it was open and got slightly rained on.

    The phone was working fine but it was extremely sensitive to touch if any moisture was on the hand (more than usual).

    Today my phone was working fine, and then around 1:30 pm, the screen became unresponsive.

    The phone is in great condition, the volume button, lock button, and everything else are fine. So i turned it off and placed it in some dried rice hoping this would fix the problem.

    Does anyone have any advice on what i should do?

    submitted by /u/nickmansb2
    [link] [comments]

    Several keyboard keys work on and off including the entire top row (esc-eject). Will replacing the keyboard fix the issue

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 03:19 PM PDT

    I've tried the SRM reset with no luck. Most of the time the top keys won't work and other times both shift keys won't work either. Would a replacement such as this resolve the issue? Currently running a mid-2010 15" MacBook Pro with no issues other than this. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/draxula16
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV 4K suddenly not turning on

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 07:00 PM PDT

    Hey everyone,

    I've had my Apple TV 4K for a couple years. Tonight we were using it to watch tv (it was connected to a mobile hotspot) and it turned off. We thought maybe it came unplugged so we checked everything and tried turning it on and it will not turn on. It doesn't feel like it's overheating of anything. Anyone have any advice on what's going on or any possible fixes?

    submitted by /u/sriracha_is_life11
    [link] [comments]

    When I check battery usage it says I have used siri, but it didn’t show any apps running in the background

    Posted: 23 Jul 2020 06:47 PM PDT

    Sorry for the repost but I have never had this happen before the iOS 13.6 update

    I went to settings, then battery and saw that it said I used Siri. Then I found the hour it said I used siri and the only other apps I used at the time were App Store, settings, and home screen. Also I don't have "hey Siri" on. It it normal, I haven't noticed this since I updated my iOS to 13.6 5 days ago. If anyone can explain why it say this I would be very thankful.

    submitted by /u/CyberFire068
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel