• Breaking News

    Friday, July 30, 2021

    Apple Help iCloud photos not syncing to iPhone

    Apple Help iCloud photos not syncing to iPhone


    iCloud photos not syncing to iPhone

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    Alright, so I'll admit that Apple has always confused and frustrated the hell out of me, so this might be a simple fix but I somehow doubt it.

    I have an iPhone 8+ and have around 1,200 pictures on it. The phone itself is almost completely full. About 2-3 weeks ago almost all of my pictures suddenly disappeared for no reason…. So I logged into iCloud.com and most of them are there, however I only have 5 gigs of iCloud storage that looks almost completely full.

    I just got a iPhone 12 and did the whole quick start thing to get everything switched over…

    There's about 99 of the most "recent" pictures that are showing up on my new phone, but I want all of them (which shouldnt be an issue since my old phone was 32 gigs and the new one is 64). I have no idea how to do that and am very frustrated with this apple BS at this point. I just want all my pics back without them magically disappearing.

    submitted by /u/Dylanb993
    [link] [comments]

    My iCloud storage is full, and noticed a large file in my icloud. What is this, and should I delete it?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 05:36 PM PDT

    PayPal screen time shows 50 hrs

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 04:56 PM PDT

    PayPal is showing 50 hours of screen time for the week and to mention it was at 15 some odd hours today so I uninstalled but it keeps going up

    iPhone 11 iOS Version 14.7.1

    submitted by /u/AlternateMango
    [link] [comments]

    My MacBook Pro is trash

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:00 PM PDT

    Is there a way to reset the iOS App Store?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:44 PM PDT

    So I made a new region account to get a game, signed out, & now I can't sign in with either, I even made a new one & it still doesn't let me sign in. I also deleted the app, but it still didn't work. Anyone know why how to fix this? It's been months. Thank you Also, what does 'reset all settings' do, just resets everything within the settings app, or does it delete anything? Would that reset the AppStore?

    submitted by /u/Crosscorvette
    [link] [comments]

    AirPods Pro making a clicking noise

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    Okay so I got a pair of AirPods Pro's and the left AirPod makes a clicking noise when I move my head, it only makes the clicking sound when either noise cancellation is on or when passive mode is on. It doesn't make the noise when the sound EQ is off and when I do switch to the the ANC or Passive EQ it takes about three seconds and then the clicking resumes. It doesn't do the noise when I'm holding very still. Does anyone else have this problem and how can I fix it without paying for a new AirPod?

    submitted by /u/Micsquiggle
    [link] [comments]

    Why is reddit draining power in background? How can I prevent it from doing it again? iOS 14.7.1

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:26 AM PDT

    MacBook 16-inch battery display not working properly. Unsure of how to fix it.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 04:24 PM PDT

    This is a very strange issue that only recently popped up last week when I realized that my MacBook 16-inch's battery icon appeared to be full (shown in all black), but was only at 4% and stated that the "battery is not charging" when I clicked on it. After shutting down my Mac a few times and attempting to reset the SMC, it finally starting charging. However, the display was still messed up when it was charging, as it showed the battery icon as empty with no visual indication of it charging since the icon wasn't filling up. Sometimes when I took my charger out and plugged it back in the misleading black icon would show up and state that my Mac wasn't charging. Without messing with the charger or laptop at all, the battery would "fix" itself all on its own after around 2-30 seconds (but would still show the icon as empty). Since my MacBook was in need of a repair due to some water damage from a few months prior, I figured then was the time to finally take it in. I brought up the issue to the people there but they didn't seem to be concerned over it. After a whole week of it being under repair, I finally got it back today. The water damage was fixed, but when I plugged it in when I got home I realized the battery issue was still there and nothing changed. This clearly isn't a problem with my chargers (I used 3 different ones and the issue remained the same). I'm wondering if this is an issue with the outlets in the house; however, my family's MacBooks do not experience this issue and I have tried using the same outlets to no avail. A part of me originally thought this may have been a water damage issue, but all of those other issues were fixed; they replaced a lot of my laptops parts.

    The only time the battery appears and operates normally is when the charger is not plugged in or when it is actually charging at 100%.

    Is this normal or unconcerning? Should I take my laptop back in? I tried looking up my issue but haven't been able to find anything on it. I'd like to fix this myself if possible.

    submitted by /u/SpookyRuby
    [link] [comments]

    Updating my iPhone 7 from iOS 12.4 to 14.7

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 04:20 PM PDT

    I've had my iPhone 7 for years and I really love it. I updated it regularly for a while, but as my phone got older I became more worried that updates would slow it down. I currently have iOS 12.4, and my phone works pretty well, though the battery drains a little faster then I'd like.

    I've had issues recently where I'm unable to download apps because they are only supported by iOS 14. I can't have my school email on my phone because of this, which makes checking it on the go difficult. So, I'm thinking of updating.

    I thought I'd ask this subreddit if this is a good idea. I don't want my phone to slow down or have bugs, but I also need to be able to download new apps. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

    submitted by /u/thatlankygalpal
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone did something unusual

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:15 PM PDT

    This morning my phone was a-ok. Then after a couple hours I noticed that my contacts in messenger had been changed. Pictures I had for certain contacts were gone. The name for of my contacts reverted back to the name before the new name. And half of my new contacts from the last like 1.5 months were removed and only showed up as phone numbers. I've literally tried everything and I still don't know what to do. Any ideas or troubleshooting that actually works?

    submitted by /u/Lone_Wolf24630
    [link] [comments]

    my chargers keep breaking

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:13 PM PDT

    they always break in the exact same way too. first it just tells me the accessory isnt supported, then after i try to use it again, it keeps disconnecting even when its plugged in. i've tried using apple chargers and amazon chargers and the same thing happens every time. i always pull the hard part of the charger and not the actual cable when i unplug my phone. am i doing something wrong or could there be a problem with my phone?

    submitted by /u/liosnzse
    [link] [comments]

    Backlight working, no image on MBP 2017 15"

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    Hi everyone! I just got a '17 MBP 15" that the previous owner said had a broken screen. Sure enough, something is wrong with the display or GPU. It works perfectly over HDMI to an external screen.

    The backlight is very clearly working. Before wiping the PC, it showed a couple of green lines and weird vertical stripe pattern. I'm waiting for the new install to complete, but as of now it's only showing black, and those green lines are gone. There is no physical damage/cracks to the LCD that I can see, even when shining a flashlight over it.

    What I'm wondering is this; is the LCD assembly likely the issue, or is there a chance it's the eDP cable, or something else?

    submitted by /u/LexLocatelli
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud, Photos, and storage constraints?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 06:20 PM PDT

    My friend and I are currently trying to free some space in her macbook air SSD that has a cap of 120Gb (13in, Mid 2013, Running OSX 10.15.2 Catalina) . She wants to run a game on there "Sims 4" but she doesn't have enough space available for the download. I told her that the processor in it (1.3 Ghz Dual-Core Intel i5) likely wouldn't be able to run it effectively but we're adamantly trying regardless lol

    The largest source of overused memory on her SSD is her photos @ 47gb. I'm aware that you can simply use iCloud to backup all of those photos so they're not on the system storage and on the iCloud instead through "Store in iCloud" under recommendations for freeing storage. When we attempt to select this option, we are met with the error/warning:

    "Your password is required to enable iCloud Photo Library.

    Open Apple ID in System Preferences to turn on iCloud Photo Library."

    Seems straight forward, but when we go there, there is no prompt for the password in the System Preferences; iCloud section, Privacy & Security, Apple ID, or anywhere else for the matter. iCloud Photos is turned on in Photos settings as well. I was at a loss.

    So what I thought to do, is turn off iCloud Photos for this local device (so no new photos can be added to the photo library on the SSD) after exporting ALL of the photos from the Photos application to a folder on iCloud Drive, then deleting the ENTIRE library in Photos which should reduce the application size of Photos from 47Gb to less than 1-2Gb. However it seems that iCloud Drive is still local storage (sorta??)

    I think our next move is to get an external drive and use that to transfer over the Photos library and then wipe the library off the system but I have to provide her with a link to buy one since she doesn't currently have one.

    Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. At the moment I don't have any screen shots of it or access to the device as I am making this post, posthumously after an hour and a half on TeamViewer with her device. She lives an hour and a half away. Any and all ideas will be implemented the next time I get access.

    submitted by /u/SixMaybeSeven
    [link] [comments]

    will I get charged for texting an American number from the uk if it’s blue text?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 06:13 PM PDT

    I know blue is free but I just want to make sure since it's not a British number

    submitted by /u/piercethev3il
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to login to old iPod and it’s asking for a recovery key and not the one I have

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 03:57 PM PDT

    So my old iPod from around 2013 has been asking me to first enter the password for my Apple ID, but then when I do it enables two factor verification and tells me to enter a recovery key. Well the recovery key I had on my phone isn't the one it wanna because it's way too long. This iPod runs on iOS 6.1. It's to the point where it can no longer be updated. Am I like completely unable to get into it now because it's so old?

    submitted by /u/immaunel
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 randomly turn off when listening to Spotify.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 03:46 PM PDT

    So this happened twice now in like 2 months. Both times I was listening to Spotify and it just turned off. First time I thought it was nothing but it happened again just now. What should I do? Thanks for the help guys :)

    submitted by /u/assfaceer
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 11 with screen protector

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    I know this isn't really related to the iphone itself but its the only place i could think of asking this so my iphone has a class screen protector but i dont know how to clean it like if i can use 90 percent alcohol with a paper towel or just use 70 percent alcohol wipes

    submitted by /u/oNightt
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook 2017 dead no charge

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:06 PM PDT

    I have been googling this issue all day and have found no helpful results. MacBook was working perfectly fine 2 days ago but when I opened it this morning to do HW it was dead(black screen). When I plug in the charging cable it doesn't make the ding noise like normal and it doesn't appear to be charging (I tested charger with phone it works). I have tried doing a SMC reset (cntrl, option, shift, and fingerprint scanner power button) and nothing happens. Please help I need to do my HW.

    submitted by /u/ICantEvenDoh
    [link] [comments]

    Apple .pkg without admin password

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 09:29 PM PDT

    I was wondering if I can open a .pkg file (Java) without the admin password... Is it possible? If so, thx.

    submitted by /u/Batterydude6000
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone SE 2nd gen not receiving certain group text messages

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 01:24 PM PDT

    I live in an area with no cell phone reception. I obviously can receive iMessages over my WiFi. Normally when I go into an area of reception I receive all of the messages that were sent to me while I didn't have service. For the past few months, I have only received certain group messages when I get reception again. It's very frustrating because people think I am ignoring them when I never received the message. It seems like it is happening with group chats that have noniPhone users. Any idea how to fix this? I've tried restarting my iPhone, network reset, and double checked my settings on messages. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/KRN0622
    [link] [comments]

    iCloud music library track tags

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:43 PM PDT

    I have a reasonably large music collection that is a mix of my own physical media and ITunes purchases. I've spent a lot of time tagging it how I want (removing composer tags for everything but classical, changing genres,changing artist tags for certain things like musical theater)

    If I turn in the iCloud music library, is Apple going to re-tag all my music? I'd love to utilize the cloud, but not at the expense of my tagging.

    submitted by /u/ChaoticKeys
    [link] [comments]

    Apple TV Doesn’t Sync Audio and Video

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:37 PM PDT

    So, I have a lot of video on my 2019 iPad Pro, and when I try to watch something using the native AppleTV app, the audio and video quickly become unsynced, with the audio usually about a second behind the audio. IT's not always noticeable, but when it is, it's really disconcerting. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or do I need to consider other players, and if so, suggestions? Thanks!

    submitted by /u/tonysnark81
    [link] [comments]

    My iCloud Drive has a lot of com~apple~Numbers and similar folders, what are they from?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 04:48 PM PDT

    These are along side the default folders for numbers, pages, GarageBand etc. can I delete these com~apple~ folders?

    I have both an iPad and an iPhone.

    submitted by /u/Ebojager
    [link] [comments]

    Power a controller support?

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 02:24 PM PDT

    I have a Nintendo switch wireless power a controller but can I connect it to iOS and play games with it?

    submitted by /u/dennyboi14
    [link] [comments]

    Apple is forcing me to change my iCloud password everytime I login to the appleID website.

    Posted: 30 Jul 2021 08:13 PM PDT

    Hey, so basically when I try to login to the website https://appleid.apple.com/ (on a MacBook Pro, I can login on normally on my iPhone), Apple gives me this message which says "Choose a stronger Password". My password is fine and meets the requirements, and I really don't want to change it. There is a cancel button at the bottom of the screen, but when I click the button, it just takes me back to the login screen.

    submitted by /u/The_Lost_Sky
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel