• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 18, 2021

    macOS Unopened copy of System 6 at my parents house

    macOS Unopened copy of System 6 at my parents house


    Unopened copy of System 6 at my parents house

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:36 PM PDT

    Parallels Alternatives?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 07:57 PM PDT

    So I've started emulating a ARM Windows on my M1 Mac. It's working perfectly, other than the fact that I'll lose access in 14 days. Normally, I wouldn't mind paying for a service as great as this. however it is $80, and I certainly do mind paying that much for a service regardless of how great it is. I have not personally tried it, but I heard that Virtualbox does not yet work with M1. So, after my trial expires, what service would be best for using Windows on M1?

    submitted by /u/OzZVidzYT
    [link] [comments]

    Getting some sort of error in Sublime 4 with Python3 on Mac

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 01:06 AM PDT

    When ever I run any code it shows same error posted below

    Traceback (most recent call last):

    File "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/python@3.9/3.9.4/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 224, in _get_main_module_details

    return _get_module_details(main_name)

    File "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/python@3.9/3.9.4/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 141, in _get_module_details

    raise error("No module named %s" % mod_name)

    ImportError: No module named __main__

    The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

    Traceback (most recent call last):

    File "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/python@3.9/3.9.4/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 190, in _run_module_as_main

    mod_name, mod_spec, code = _get_main_module_details(_Error)

    File "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/python@3.9/3.9.4/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 227, in _get_main_module_details

    raise error("can't find %r module in %r" %

    runpy._Error: can't find '__main__' module in '//'

    During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

    Traceback (most recent call last):

    File "/opt/homebrew/Cellar/python@3.9/3.9.4/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.9/lib/python3.9/runpy.py", line 193, in _run_module_as_main

    sys.exit(msg)

    SystemExit: /opt/homebrew/opt/python@3.9/bin/python3.9: can't find '__main__' module in '//'

    >>>

    please help I have also added Python3 in sublime build

    submitted by /u/Odd-sbash
    [link] [comments]

    Google search in Safari redirects to Yahoo

    Posted: 18 Apr 2021 12:31 AM PDT

    https://reddit.com/link/mt8azw/video/5ebrkuehwvt61/player

    I only have Safari and Chrome as web browsers in my Mac. Please give any solution.

    submitted by /u/Hardik_Premani_1056
    [link] [comments]

    iTunes Match (paid version). I have a small library, why does syncing take so long?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 12:30 PM PDT

    Hold the Opt key while dragging the vertical line on the right side of your dock to snap it to fixed sizes for the Dock!

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 03:25 AM PDT

    Just discovered it while reading a very old macOS blog. Apparently it was implemented quite a long time ago to reduce the calculations of the dock rendering for the in-between-size by snapping it to the already available fixed sizes of the icon. Cool feature!

    submitted by /u/CreativeBorder
    [link] [comments]

    Red light inside Mac tower???

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 03:07 PM PDT

    My Mac (I forget what type it is but it's a monitor and a tower/base whatever u call it set up) has a red light from inside, and it will turn on and work. But it sounds horrendous. It's from around 2012 so I don't really have any hope of repairing it, but I just want to know what is happening. Might be the power supply (it shuts the breaker off everytime I turn it on)?

    Reddit won't let me post the photo unfortunately. Any help is greatly appreciated!!

    submitted by /u/sleepypuppy23
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot downgrade from Big Sur beta

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    How do I create a Siri "shortcut" on macOS?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 09:01 PM PDT

    basically, what I want to achieve is when I say

    "Hey Siri, tell me about tomorrow"

    then it says

    "Tomorrow's forecast is blah blah and you have blah blah blah on your calendar"

    I think this is a combination of the responses for "what's the forecast for tomorrow" and "what's on my schedule for tomorrow"

    This is pretty easy on iOS, but I'm not entirely sure how to do this on macOS, as "shortcuts" is not available yet.

    Is there a way to do it natively, as in, no 3rd party app?

    submitted by /u/OvulatingScrotum
    [link] [comments]

    Logitech Unifying Receiver not working on M1 Mac?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 08:22 PM PDT

    I have an M1 MacBook Air running macOS 11.2.2. Connected to it is a HyperDrive (iPad version) which has the Logitech Unifying Receiver connected to its USB-A port but it doesn't get detected on the Logi Options app nor the Unifying Software app (both are up-to-date). Oddly enough, I have connected flash drives to the same USB-A port and the Unifying Receiver works when I connect that same HyperDrive to my iPad. So is the HyperDrive the culprit, does the receiver just not work on M1 Mac or is it something else?

    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

    submitted by /u/SimShade
    [link] [comments]

    Building NAS with ZFS / AFP for Time Machine

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 12:03 PM PDT

    I need internet explorer on my new MacBook Pro M1 running Big Sur

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:19 PM PDT

    Hello all. I just bought a new MacBook Pro about a week ago for work since my SurfaceBook was drowned in an unfortunate accident. RIP SurfaceBook. Everything is great, but there is a program that can only be run on Internet Explorer that I need for work. I've tried the develop user agent which didn't have an internet explorer option. I've also tried edge, chrome, Firefox, and every option on user agent, but none will run the website. Is there an easy way to use internet explorer on my Mac? I'm fine using another laptop or a desktop at my work, but it would be nice to be able to do it on my new MacBook. I'm not very MacOS friendly yet, because this is my first Mac, so anything very Mac advanced, I probably won't understand. I've read about a virtual desktop, but have no clue how to set that up or anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/JeremyForDays
    [link] [comments]

    Why was my post removed?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 10:19 PM PDT

    My old (and first) post on this subreddit was removed.

    I read all the rules and I honestly don't know which rule I had violated.

    submitted by /u/RailroadHill0CholDuk
    [link] [comments]

    Help choosing between a 2015 MacBook Air and a 2020 iPad?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 03:14 PM PDT

    I just lost my 2014 macbook air to water damage, and I'm looking for a cost-effective replacement. I usually buy used Macs because they've been a relatively good value and buying used reduces their environmental footprint. I really don't like the process of electronics-shopping, and I don't want to spend this amount of money more often than i need to, so i want to find something that will last fairly well.

    I'm mainly considering two options that ring in similarly: a refurbished Macbook air 2015 and a new 8th generation ipad (it would need some accessories to make it into a laptop replacement, but I can find options that bring the total to around that of the laptop).

    I don't use my computer for anything heavy-duty - just writing, video calls, browsing, and streaming. It's possible I'll be doing online work at some point in the future, so that may be a risk in term of what the iPad can do (?).

    Any advice on which makes more sense for longevity and usability? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/eli-jo
    [link] [comments]

    Display randomly turns black for seconds

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 06:02 AM PDT

    Hello everyone,

    I bought a 16" MacBook Pro last summer and I was fairly happy with it so far, but over the last few months I realized there was a relatively annoying problem.

    When using the MacBook, the screen occasionally turns completely black und turns back on within a second or two. I couldn't notice any patterns, sometimes it happens while coding, sometimes while watching Netflix and sometimes even when idling. I also can't remember having installed any updates or new software which would have lead to this behavior.

    Has anyone also experienced this behavior? Do you have any idea how to fix it?

    Any help is appreciated!

    submitted by /u/mooo99
    [link] [comments]

    If you had to code name the 'project' of updating your macOS operating system

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 02:36 PM PDT

    Funny answers, serious answers, personal answers (preferably with how exactly it applies specifically to you), meta answers (about apple in the past), all of it.

    Edit: so like a total idiot I forgot to finish the title, but I think y'all get it

    submitted by /u/HenryF20
    [link] [comments]

    Mac Mini M1 HDMI output issue

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 07:02 AM PDT

    I just got my mac mini and after playing with it for a bit. I decided to update to the latest version of Big Sur. After restarting, the HDMI output just refuses yo work. I tried various cables which I tested first on my non-macOs machine. Not one worked on the mac mini.

    I tried a USB C to HDMI Adapter but the monitor just mentions "out of range". I have read on the web that a lot of users has been experiencing this too. My question is, is there a way for the mini to "forgot" my monitor so I can use the default scaling and resolution settings that was working pre-update? Not sure if there is a terminal command or the likes to achieve this.

    Hoping someone can help. Also posted on the mac mini sub hoping someone can help.

    submitted by /u/schizopr3n1c
    [link] [comments]

    Safari expermintal settings

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 10:16 AM PDT

    I always seem to have heard people say that changing some of the settings in chrome in the flags menu or whatever made it much better. Now that I have recently picked up a new m1 MacBook and switched to safari since it is much better on big sur and I'm trying to alienate myself from google(recently picked up an iPhone switching from android) I want to know if any of you guys out there have any of these settings turned on and If they are any I should switch on to make safari even better

    submitted by /u/Jdeibler3
    [link] [comments]

    Woud you recommend me to unplug the charger after reaching 100%

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:58 PM PDT

    Or is it better to always have it plugged? What's better for the battery?

    submitted by /u/Zoraf
    [link] [comments]

    Recents in Finder doesn't show .. recent items I've opened.

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    As the title says, the recents folder doesn't display any items I've opened recently. However, it does show SOME, but those were from weeks ago. I've tried deleting com.apple.finder.plist and rebooting my laptop, and... it's still a problem. Relaunching Finder doesn't help either. I don't know if this is related or not, but the "search" function in Finder also doesn't retrieve items sometimes even if I type in the full document's name.

    I feel like I'm losing my mind.
    Context: BigSur ver 11.2 on a 2015 Macbook pro.

    submitted by /u/C7H8O3
    [link] [comments]

    Updating mid-2007 iMac OS

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 01:04 PM PDT

    Hello! New here. I came into a refurbed mid-2007 iMac for free that I'm trying to make more modernly functional. I've updated the RAM and need to update the OS. However, it currently has 10.5.8 and so I can't update from the App Store/online. Is there a safe and reliable way to get Snow Leopard 10.6 for cheap/free? Or am I stuck buying it for a few tenners off eBay? Thank you!

    submitted by /u/TytoAlba_
    [link] [comments]

    Guys should I update my late 2011 MacBook Pro to Catalina?

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 11:49 AM PDT

    As the title says guys, I'm new at this. I just got my first MacBook Pro (15-inch late 2011) and have some questions.

    The first one would be if I need to update my system to Catalina (I know I have to use some kind of patches to do that). I have High Sierra 10.13.6 right now.

    I'm looking forward using this Mac for editing (Premiere pro) and other things.

    I've looked for information about this macbook's graphic card and it seems it's fucked up, for some reason the Intel HD 3000 isn't working as supposed and don't know how to install the new drivers, what could I do?

    submitted by /u/Zoraf
    [link] [comments]

    Multi monitor Safari workflow, hiding only one browser window

    Posted: 17 Apr 2021 11:25 AM PDT

    Hey folks,

    I was wondering, how's your usual workflow when working with Safari on two monitors?

    I often have a browser window open on both of my monitors. Usually a pretty busy window with lots of tabs on my primary monitor, and a rather static window on my second monitor with some code documentation that I want to be visible all the time.

    Now, I've learned that it's usually good practice to CMD+H hide apps out of sight, and I can see it's benefits. It's quick, without any animation and I can quickly CMD+TAB back to the apps I want to use.

    My problem now is, I can't CMD+H hide the Safari window on my primary monitor, because that would also hide Safari's window on my second monitor - I don't want that. I've also noticed that CMD+H is locked completely when the Safari window on my second monitor is in fullscreen mode.

    So a few things come to my mind, mitigating this issue. I could use a second browser on my second monitor, but that's really clunky. Another thing would be to actually minimize the Safari window on my primary monitor - that frees the screen real estate, but I can't quickly CMD+TAB it back open. Also, I have to remember to do things differently in my browser, which kinda ruins the workflow a little bit.

    So, I was hoping that maybe some of you could share your workflows. I suspect that I'm maybe overcomplicating things or, as a former windows user, am following the wrong paradigm.

    submitted by /u/raycluster
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel