• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 13, 2021

    macOS totally normal window

    macOS totally normal window


    totally normal window

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:47 AM PDT

    What OS to update to for Macbook Pro Mid 2015

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:42 PM PDT

    I am currently using High Sierra. And my MBP is struggling a bit. What OS should I update to?

    And will this increase speed and help it freeze less?

    submitted by /u/flakykrustykrabpizza
    [link] [comments]

    MacOS Big Sur recovery partition version

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:20 AM PDT

    I switched to the Big Sur Beta channel on the M1 Pro and didn't realise that the update would overwrite the OS in my recovery partition.

    I'm back on stable now (clean install from bootable SD card) due to some bugs, but the recovery partition wasn't touched this time presumably because the Big Sur version I installed is older than the one the recovery partition now contains.

    I have no idea how to manually restore/revert the recovery partition. All the instructions pertain too old OS versions and look a bit bootstrappy for my liking.

    Question is, when 11.3 beta goes stable and public, will it update my recovery partition again with the stable version of MacOS?

    submitted by /u/Ginjamz
    [link] [comments]

    Every pop-up highlights the first option automatically, idk how to fix it (11.2.3)

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:23 PM PDT

    Mouse in MacOS vs Windows 10

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:00 PM PDT

    So I was forced to use windows 10 for a while and something I've noticed is that with a 3rd party mouse (logitech for example) the mouse movement in windows 10 is flawless but no matter how much I adjust the mouse settings, It's sluggish in macos. How safe are those external apps like steermouse? Is there any concern that they need access to accessibility to install?

    submitted by /u/Ok_Feeling_2503
    [link] [comments]

    Restart and ask which operating system to use

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:21 AM PDT

    Is there a way to make it so every time you restart it asks if you want to start in Mac OS or windows? I don't want to have to hold down the option button.

    submitted by /u/AlexTheEditor1
    [link] [comments]

    Go back to light/dark menu bar like in catalina

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:11 PM PDT

    Is there any way to go back to the light and dark mode menu bar that doesn't change with the wallpaper? I think I like that look better, especially with a lot of wallpapers.

    I know you can select reduce transparency, but I only want this effect on the meny bar, and I want it to change with light and dark mode.

    submitted by /u/habui
    [link] [comments]

    MacBook Pro 16” extreme throttling with external display on MacOS 11. Works fine with windows 10 w/bootcamp.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:34 PM PDT

    My MacBook Pro 16" has become unusable with an external display. Kernel task shoots upto 800% and the whole system becomes extremely slow. A vuejs hot reload which usually completes in milliseconds, takes minutes. Frame rates drop to 2-3 frames per second. Videos and music won't play. Basically unusable

    I tried factory reset, formatted the storage, reset smc, cleaned fans and vents from an official Apple service centre. Nothing worked

    Finally I switched to windows with bootcamp and now I'm able to use it without any problems

    What I am trying to figure out is whether it's a macOS bug or is it a hardware issue in my system I can't afford to give it for repair as the Apple guys quoted 2 weeks time and I can't afford to stay that long without a laptop

    So has anybody else faced similar issues? Did you diagnose the issue? Did you find a solution?

    submitted by /u/yahya31415
    [link] [comments]

    Text find a replace comparable to Coda...

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:01 PM PDT

    If you've ever used Coda 2, you've used a clever find and replace tool that let's you assign numbered wildcards for search terms for quick and easy replacement. I would LOVE to find another text editor that come close to this simple functionality (it's the 21st century, we can do better than GREP).

    So you folks have any favorites?

    submitted by /u/nohler
    [link] [comments]

    Close apps right from the task switcher

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Lock Mac without turning off the screen....

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:12 PM PDT

    How to keep the screen awake when the MacBook is put on the lockscreen?

    submitted by /u/Anudha_J
    [link] [comments]

    Lock Screen on Big Sur w/ 3 monitors, laptop closed

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:38 PM PDT

    I want my monitors to STAY ON when I click lock screen, rather they just turn off in 0.3482 seconds after I click lock screen.

    What settings do I need for this? I am plugged in. These are my battery and General Security settings. It's driving me mad lol.

    https://imgur.com/a/jmjQhZH

    2020 16in MB PRO

    submitted by /u/yashchand
    [link] [comments]

    Switching Between App Windows

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    I have two windows of Chrome open. When i CMD + TAB it switches between apps. How do i switch between Chrome windows?

    submitted by /u/vitalylativ
    [link] [comments]

    Installed PearPC on my Boot Camp Windows 10, cant make it full screen.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:12 AM PDT

    Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:41 PM PDT

    My sister's laptop is mid 2009 only or before so that's hard to find the file in .app, can you help ? Thanks

    submitted by /u/azoreseuropa
    [link] [comments]

    Email client with inline replies?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    If anyone knows of a macOS email client that supports inline replies (like in Outlook for Windows where it inserts your name and changes the color when you reply in a previous email) please let me know. I have been looking but haven't found any so far. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/krez1
    [link] [comments]

    Connecting to Ethernet while in recovery mode

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:12 PM PDT

    My MacBook broke down today, somehow the drive got corrupted and I need to reinstall MacOS. I'm struggling to do Internet Recovery because I'm at a college and the security of the campus WiFi network isn't compatible with recovery mode I guess (something about WPA security being required?) long story short, my Mac absolutely refuses to connect to the network, so I'm trying to use Ethernet now.

    The problem is that I've never set up Ethernet on my Mac before now, and in recovery mode I don't really have access to many settings. All that I can access is the terminal, so I'm curious if there's a way to use that to set up Ethernet? I know it's a long shot, but it's worth a try.

    submitted by /u/aang333
    [link] [comments]

    Best VPN/ torrent for Big Sur?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:01 PM PDT

    I've had alot of issues with using Nord VPN/ qbittorent connections are very slow.

    Can anyone recommend any please.

    submitted by /u/Artedcraig
    [link] [comments]

    reinstall macOS on ten-year old iMac

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:50 PM PDT

    Okay, it's more like eleven years old: It's a mid-2010 iMac. Two days it was running macOS Sierra -- not speedily, but it worked. Then I rebooted holding down Cmd-R and used Disk Utility to erase the main hard drive. In the past when I've sold Macs, I would do this -- reboot with Cmd-R, erase hard drive, then reinstall macOS over the internet. This time, when I select Install macOS Sierra, I get an alert saying it needs to validate something with Apple, I click Continue, and then... nothing. Void and silence.

    I tried rebooting holding down Option. Was able to select a wifi network. But after that, I get to choose the OS Installer Disk Image--which once again gets me nowhere.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/RucksackTech
    [link] [comments]

    Opened .html attachment from malicious mail in TextEdit, can it run JavaScript?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    MacBook Air M1: ThunderboltMonitor Pixel Glitch / Flicker

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 03:26 PM PDT

    Seriously considering getting a new Macbook Air for my first laptop in like 10 years. Is it easy to switch from Windows to Mac? Is now a good time to buy a Macbook?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:54 AM PDT

    Been hearing super good things about the new Air and i want to buy one. I've only ever used Windows OS. I have used iPhones for years though. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/gayautistic
    [link] [comments]

    Clipboard manager?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 08:13 AM PDT

    On windows, pressing win+v now gives me a "clipboard history", which I can use to look through my last copies, and paste any of them, instead of just the last thing I copied: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/08/05/windows-10-tip-clipboard/

    I was hoping that there would be something similar for this OS, as I have to use it currently and it gets really frustrating to notice that you just copied-over your clipboard content that you still needed, because I am so used to being able to copy everything I need at once, and then paste it later.

    submitted by /u/MountainCowy
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel