• Breaking News

    Wednesday, April 14, 2021

    macOS Disabling smart zoom makes right clicks quicker

    macOS Disabling smart zoom makes right clicks quicker


    Disabling smart zoom makes right clicks quicker

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:24 AM PDT

    I made a Big Sur-esque Pre-70 Firefox logo

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:26 AM PDT

    Why can I not change my icon to the proper image I want?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:56 PM PDT

    Can you manually relabel desktop spaces? (like instead of "Desktop 4" or "Microsoft Word & Safari" like "Math Class" or "Friday")

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:43 PM PDT

    Firefox using TONS of RAM on M1 MBA. This has happened twice in the last few days. Any thoughts or suggestions?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    Discord Installation Corruption (MacOs Yosemite 10.10.5)

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 01:59 AM PDT

    Discord Installation Corruption (MacOs Yosemite 10.10.5)

    So I am a Macbook air 2015 early version user, and I haven't (read : cannot) update my Mac due to shortage of space. Anyways, I used Discord on this without any problem since 2020 January. Today, when I logged into Discord, there were 2 updates getting auto-installed. After the update was done, I got in my messages but I couldn't turn on my mic, turn on video, or share my screen in voice chat. I tried restarting the app, and when I logged back in, it said, "Discord Installation Corrupted". I could message my friends, use emojis and all,but I couldn't turn on my mic. This has never ever happened before. I tried reinstalling the app 6 times, still it shows the damn corrupt message and won't let me turn on my mic.

    Can someone pls suggest me a fix? It would be really helpful

    https://preview.redd.it/gjv9jg40u3t61.png?width=1250&format=png&auto=webp&s=b0235ec9f22f0a0da1ec56a3d9a5b9ac9a800955

    submitted by /u/MrFuzeReddit
    [link] [comments]

    Big Sur Menu Bar Icons Spaced Out Weirdly

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:59 PM PDT

    The menu bar for Big Sur seems to be spacing apps out very weirdly: https://i.imgur.com/bRC2DEs.png

    Programs in the menu-bar (from left to right):

    Razer MacOS, NordVPN, Razer Synapse, CleanMyMac, Mac2Imgur

    submitted by /u/Landonnnn_
    [link] [comments]

    Comparing Swap usage | Intel vs M1 |

    Posted: 14 Apr 2021 12:40 AM PDT

    Hey,

    I'm sure by now most have heard about the high SSD usage of M1 Macs, why that's the case and how you can reduce it. But I'm still interested how they compare to Intel Macs.

    In my case my Mac is running 12 continues days using a combination of rather heavy websites on Safari and Firefox, Music, Pages/ Numbers, Pixelmator and iMessage/ FaceTime.

    During those 12 days my intel Mac (10.15.7) with 8GB of RAM wrote about 120GB and read about 7GB.

    (I read that of activity monitor, Disk)

    So that would be an average of about 10GB of swap Memory written on the SDD per Day..?

    What numbers do you have for your system?

    Please state

    • wether you use Intel or M1,
    • how much RAM/ unified memory you have
    • what you use your machine for,
    • how much "kernel_task" (or any other process with unusual high usage) is reading and writing per day,
    • and what OS you're on.

    Thank You for your time,

    Every data is much appreciated

    submitted by /u/Manfred_89
    [link] [comments]

    Mac suddenly stopped playing ALL audio/video (Catalina 10.15.7)

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:30 PM PDT

    This is not a browser issue.

    I noticed i could not play youtube videos in chrome or safari. It just loads forever. Then i tried to crack open a video file and an audio file in quicktime. They will not play.

    I've restarted, reset PRAM, read a million troublshoots having to do with Flash which doesn't even seem to be in use anywhere. I can't find a single solution and i literally did NOTHING. no new software install, settings change, etc.

    I can't figure what would affect the play back of both streaming and downloaded media. Ive seen this questions a couple of times an reddit and other places that either went completely unanswered, or the answers weren't applicable (lots of browser troubleshooting when this certainly isn't a browser issue)

    I stream and create content, so i need thos working yesterday. Any ideas? Greatly appreciated.

    macbook pro mid 2012 2.5 gz dual core intel core i5 mem. 16 gb 1600 mhz ddr3 intel hd graphics 4000 1536 MB os catalina 10.15.7

    update: booting in safe mode allowed video to play at a very choppy rate with no sound. i don't know if that means anything or helps.

    update: created 2nd account on mac to log in with to see if problem persists. it does.

    UPDATE: just reinstalled catalina. issue PERSISTS.

    submitted by /u/wxhaynes
    [link] [comments]

    Additional monitor for MacBook

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:16 PM PDT

    I plan to buy a monitor that I would use as an additional / only one for my MacBook Pro. Now I own a MacBook Pro Mid 2015, but I would like to buy a good enough monitor to work well with the newest models. Can you advise me some models? Thanks for all answers!

    submitted by /u/Peterses77
    [link] [comments]

    I have the same issue as this person. I’m using M1 MBA and updated everything.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:45 PM PDT

    Converting from Linux to MacOS

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 03:22 PM PDT

    Hi.

    I have been a longtime linux user, it has been my main OS for the past 20 years ( various distros, but Ubuntu most recently).

    I have just started a new position where I have been given a MBP-15 with bigSur. I am a bit lost as to where everything is, and how things work ( I have found the terminal though, so that definitely helps).

    My question is 2-fold:

    Is there a way to make mac act more like Gnome/XFCE? In terms of keyboard/mouse/shortcuts and get rid of animations?

    What can you recommend for software to install for macOS for development (asides from the standards of docker, intellij, mvn, jdk...)

    Thanks

    EDIT:

    How do I install new software on a mac? I can't possibly use the app-store for everything? Is there something simliar to yum/apt?

    submitted by /u/andy0x2a
    [link] [comments]

    New To Mac Os / MacBook M1 Chip

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:24 AM PDT

    1. What Settings to turn on and off in macos? Users personal opinion how they tweak their settings and why they on and off these settings? Every opinion and experience is allowed?

    2. Best indispensable software for macos, your personal favourite and can be any category software?

    3. Do vpn work in macos? Which vpn is best for macos? I read somewhere apple don't allow vpn is it right with long time users of macos, how is their experience with vpn?

    4. Is Chrome working good in m1 chips? Arm based m1 chip vs intel ×86 architecture which is best? (Considering intel have large user base so eventually developers will make software for them the most)

    5. Is arm based m1 chip is future proof?

    6. How apple play store apps work in macbook. Are they different or same as iphone apps?. (May be apple using emulator for it like they use Rosetta for intel chip softwares.)

    Answer which ever question you want to answer no need to answer all just mention the number

    Thank You so much

    submitted by /u/Low_Director3495
    [link] [comments]

    How to take backup of entire Photo library on Big Sur?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:18 PM PDT

    I have around 43.000 photos and 7000 photos that i want to backup and be "independed" from icloud in case some sync goes wrong and i lose all my photos.

    The only problem is that i do not have the each photos in separate files, but one huge "photoslibrary" in mac, were all my photos and videos are stored.

    How can i take backup of my photos and videos so that i have the files separated from this one huge file?

    submitted by /u/GIFSec
    [link] [comments]

    Keychain not found to store "Chrome". Every time I use a new application, I get bombard with this message and the app got corrupted. Can anyone help me?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:44 PM PDT

    Using reminders and Files with High Sierra?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 05:29 PM PDT

    I have an early 2015 MacBook running High Sierra. I have not upgraded because I am concerned about how well it will perform and battery life.

    1. I am unable to use reminders because it states that the creator of this list has upgraded these reminders. What do I need to do on the Mac to view them and update them?

    2. Is there a way to access Files in iCloud on this os?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/mediameter
    [link] [comments]

    Tags not working for me?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 04:32 PM PDT

    Hey all,

    Hopefully I'm in the right spot to ask this question. I would like to put tags on my folders/files however, when I do so they sometimes show up and sometimes don't show up in the tag area I created for them. Is there something I might be doing wrong? Like for instance I tagged a bunch of spreadsheets earlier and now they just showed up... hopefully someone can give me some insight!

    Thanks!

    MacOS Big Sur version 11.2.3

    submitted by /u/Spawnyours
    [link] [comments]

    Help setting up dual boot

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 02:31 PM PDT

    I'm currently running OS 10.10.5 but want to update to Catalina. I want to keep running Yosemite on a second startup disk so I can continue using my old Adobe programs. How can I do this. Help

    submitted by /u/Beneath_Below
    [link] [comments]

    Issues installing High Sierra on iMac

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 09:57 AM PDT

    So I just acquired an iMac from a colleague. He had cleaned out the SSD and he was in the process of reinstalling High Sierra when the power cut out. I took it home anyways, although I've tried to restore the OS multiple times without success. It looks like its about to get done only for an error message to pop up.

    Also I was contemplating simply upgrading to Mojave but at this rate I wouldn't know where to start since I can't access the updater.

    Is there anyone that has had this issue and can possibly direct me the way forward?

    #iMac #High Sierra #Mojave #AssistMePlease

    submitted by /u/InternationalDeezNii
    [link] [comments]

    Safari "using significant energy" with 1 tab open?

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 07:23 AM PDT

    I just bought brand new M1 MBA. Under the battery indicator, it almosts consistently shows that Safari is "Using significant energy", with literally a single tab open and zero plugins.

    Also after watching a 2 hour move, Safari showed a 12 Hour Power of 13.51, with only the Amazon Prime tab open and nothing else.

    Is this normal?

    submitted by /u/arjun7506
    [link] [comments]

    How to get into recovery mode

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:46 PM PDT

    How to get into recovery mode

    Hi,

    my recovery partition is there but I can not boot into it. When I boot to start up drive options its not listed. Command R does not work. I'm thinking as I had bootcamp install this messed with it. How can I get it to boot its currently disk1s3, I'm thinking it needs to be disk0?

    Thanks

    https://preview.redd.it/zdpylb76vzs61.jpg?width=4032&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=8ae9bdb8c8eeec80ce34baa391800198cc05050d

    submitted by /u/Mase2Hot
    [link] [comments]

    Help, my desktop is gone

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 06:34 AM PDT

    Help, my desktop is gone

    I open my finder and the desktop was gone. I look through the library and found nothing. It doesn't even appear in finder. Can someone help me? I'm on MacBook Air.

    https://preview.redd.it/27bu7cz61ys61.png?width=145&format=png&auto=webp&s=0e7f6b258e04cab38d78fedbf34c7e8be361c3f2

    submitted by /u/Your_FbiOfficer
    [link] [comments]

    Hard drive problems

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    So when i tried to format the hard drive, i booted to mac os installer and it didnt detect the hard drive at all (NTFS). What can i do?

    submitted by /u/Paultsar
    [link] [comments]

    Ah yes. Someone else on my computer is using roblox right as I'm using my computer.

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 11:26 AM PDT

    Ah yes. Someone else on my computer is using roblox right as I'm using my computer.

    https://preview.redd.it/nk1jifq2hzs61.png?width=834&format=png&auto=webp&s=5507bb7c685ab506cba06ba547faae49944c50c4

    Cousin came over(social distancing ofc) and I decided to let him play some tower of hell and other games on roblox. Downloaded it and the connection was insanely terrible. Decided to leave the game and relaunch it. This popped up?

    Riddle me this, who the fuck would be using an application on my computer right as I'm also using it?

    submitted by /u/pfandwhatnot
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel