• Breaking News

    Thursday, April 29, 2021

    iPhone Switching from S8+ to Iphone 12. Is face ID safe?

    iPhone Switching from S8+ to Iphone 12. Is face ID safe?


    Switching from S8+ to Iphone 12. Is face ID safe?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 09:09 PM PDT

    Hi all

    Very long story short, I am switching from Samsung galay s8+ to Iphone 12. I am disappointed to learn there is no touch ID on the iphone, as I really enjoy using fingerprint sensor on my samsung and also the touch ID on my MBA M1.

    Question is, how safe is the face ID?

    1. Will another human being be able to unlock my phone?
    2. Will my face be stored somewhere in Apple's servers?

    Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/AliveandDrive
    [link] [comments]

    Broken back glass. Negative long term effects?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 11:10 PM PDT

    Hi everyone. I wanted to ask. Is there any severe consequences to having an iphone with a broken back glass? I've had this phone for more than a year already and it finally dropped to a point where the back glass cracked.

    I don't have apple care and I don't think it's covered for Apple repairs. But should I get it fixed or replaced with another expert instead or should I leave it as it is? I'm scared to have it replaced because of something else happening with my phone during the repair and at the same time i'm scared of leaving it like this.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/woefulsuns
    [link] [comments]

    Cannot use display, display is totally black

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    My display has become totally black/blank and I can no longer see anything that appears on my screen. It is still working, as I can turn on the flashlight and unlock the phone, it is just that the display is not working. This happened about 20 minutes after I dropped it in some water accidentally for about a second. I currently have it in some rice, and I am wondering if this will be able to solve my problem. If anyone knows a different solution, that would be great.

    submitted by /u/SquadBanana
    [link] [comments]

    No Sound (second day)

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    Hi, literally second day I had my phone and now I have no sound. I cannot hear a ringer, videos, or voice from phone calls.

    This has happened 3 minutes after using my mag safe charger with MagSafe case.

    And

    My phone is not on so not disturb and the sound switch is on

    submitted by /u/Ndimm
    [link] [comments]

    My phone got restarted and lost all my photos. Is there anything I can do???

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 09:47 PM PDT

    My iPhone froze and I sent it to be fix. They restarted my iPhone and now I lost all my data, and especially all my pictures. I don't have a backup in my laptop nor iCloud. Is there any way to recover the lost pictures?

    submitted by /u/Puravidaengineer
    [link] [comments]

    Are earpods as bad as they say?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 09:36 PM PDT

    I am thinking of getting Iphone 12 and buying earpods with lightning connector. Many people seem to say they are not so good, plus they break after a while.

    I prefer earpods over airpods for now.

    Opinions?

    submitted by /u/AliveandDrive
    [link] [comments]

    Dark colors flickering

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:05 PM PDT

    My iPhone has been shifting colors ever since I updated to 14.5. Mostly dark colors like grays or blacks. It goes back and forth from a lighter shade to a darker shade. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

    submitted by /u/link815
    [link] [comments]

    My screen is unresponsive

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    I use an iphone X. I cant tap or swipe anything. can someone help?

    submitted by /u/Bigbrain1002
    [link] [comments]

    Old MMS shows up again up after 1 year

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:28 PM PDT

    Is it possible a new iPhone 11 would somehow falsely display a 1 year old MMS, that was received on a previous iPhone as if it has freshly arrived again? Can this happen under any circumstances, any such bug exists? Could this happen if you would fiddle with the phone settings somehow?

    The original sender is 100% she didn't send it by mistake again and had even went to check this with the service provider who confirmed. The thing is we missed a prepaid appointment because of this and the whole situation turned out a bit awkward after that, so I'd really like to get to the bottom of this.

    submitted by /u/Hrevak
    [link] [comments]

    How do you manage two phones?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 03:18 PM PDT

    My work is providing me with a phone and I will continue to use my own personal phone. How do you manage two iPhones that are logged into the same iCloud account? The main issue I'm having is that messages from my personal number are showing up on my work phone and vice versa.

    submitted by /u/druginepro
    [link] [comments]

    How to tell if someone merged calls during our conversation?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 06:49 PM PDT

    Hi,

    I was speaking to a family member recently and as our call ended I saw the name of another person on the call..I went to my phone call history but it is only showing the name of the original caller. Is there anyway to check if someone had joined the call during the conversation? Would my phone service provider be able to tell me?

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/ThecoolnamesRgone
    [link] [comments]

    Data stopped working (iOS 14.5 update)

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 06:18 PM PDT

    My data decided to turn off and start searching for available data. I go to update my phone because it has one available, i do it and it doesn't work. I delete the download file and start again, I reset my phone, delete tons of apps and it still doesn't work. It just says "an error occurred while checking for a software update". Y'all I need help

    submitted by /u/Jaded_Jelly_9778
    [link] [comments]

    Is it normal to experience a considerable amount of heat when wirelessly charging my iPhone 12?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    I am using a three year old Belkin wireless charging pad to charge my iPhone 12. However, I notice that my phone and the charging pad get quite warm after just 10 minutes of charging. It's not warm enough to prevent me from holding it but it is very noticeable. Ive only had my phone for a month and I've been using the wireless charger for 2 days. Thanks for any feedback.

    submitted by /u/DirtGroundbreaking65
    [link] [comments]

    I keep getting messages from a blocked number

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:52 AM PDT

    I blocked this number sending me harassing/annoying messages yesterday however their messages are still coming through It's an iMessage (blue bubble) I'm not sure how to fix this issue

    submitted by /u/xosunee
    [link] [comments]

    12 Pro Max Video Recording Stops

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 04:25 PM PDT

    Hey, I have a 12 pro max that I bought late last year, running 14.4.2. I had the same issue on my previous X but it's been very frequent with my 12. The camera will stop recording after ~30 seconds on its own. I use a tripod and my phone to record myself lifting so it results in a lot of missed lifts and a lack of stuff to send to my coach. Happens around 1 in 10 recordings if I'd had to guess. Anyone have any ideas? I've been recording 4K 60.

    Edit: I have plenty of storage space available and I regularly close all apps/even turn on airplane mode to try to avoid this problem. It doesn't work :(

    submitted by /u/shorteep
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 Pro restarting every 2 mins

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 02:50 PM PDT

    Hi, so my iPhone on iOS 14.5 has been working fine for months and then suddenly a few weeks back it started restarting every 2 minutes whenever I used it. I've tried network reset, full reset, a full restore via iTunes, a full restore via the DFU mode but nothing seemed to work. Suddenly out of the blue later that day, it started working alright on its own. So I was happy that it was running fine but somewhere I had a doubt that it was temporary and now a few weeks later it started occurring again. I doubt it is a software bug since I've already tried most of the possible fixes but need advice on it if it has happened to someone else too and if they found a fix for it. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Shot_Hyena6897
    [link] [comments]

    My iphone X has the black screen of death. I can't connect it to itunes since I can't verify my phone. Tips?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 10:53 AM PDT

    Hello, My phone screen went black as it was charging last night. I haven't dropped it in awhile and force restarting it isn't help. I am still receiving calls and feeling vibrations, though.

    I read that I can wipe the phone via itunes, but the problem is that I didn't have itunes before and now I cannt sync my phone because I can't see anything. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

    The phone has other problems, so if I can't fix it myself I'd rather spend the money on new one rather than paying someone to repair it.

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/msgmeyourcatsnudes
    [link] [comments]

    I need help with my phone storage problem

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:37 PM PDT

    Please excuse my English it's not my first language

    For context I have an iPhone 7, 32 GB Running IOS 14.4.2

    I think my phone is almost 5 years old, I got it used 3 years ago

    The problem is that I don't have enough storage in phone because my "Other" category is taking 12.75 GB space and I have 1 GB storage left

    It resulted on my apps crashing almost every time i open them and when I move from an app to another, I'm also unable to install the newest update

    I searched a bit on why is my "Other" storage so big and found that streaming music might have been the reason why cause I used to stream music a lot in my phone

    I also cleared caches and all safari data including my search history but that only cleared about 1 GB from

    So how do I deal with this monstrosity called "Other" I know it's time to change my phone but I can't do that until 2-3 months

    Will deleting Spotify solve this problem? I've stopped streaming music months ago

    submitted by /u/shipshapo
    [link] [comments]

    Birthday

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    I was texting my friend about my other friends birthday and when I typed "Shannon's birthday" it came up with the date on the predictive texts section. It's only happened once and when I retype the same sentence it doesn't work. Was it a glitch or is it a legitimate feature?

    Ps I have her bday saved under her contact info

    submitted by /u/im-a-massive-failure
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 mini, opening messages defaults to landscape mode

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:28 PM PDT

    Running latest OS 14.5, however this was an issue I was having before the update but waited until the update to see if it would be resolved.

    Pretty much explained in title. I screen shot what it looks like when I open my messages app. This happens sometimes when I open it from the app directly and when I open from the recent apps. It does not happen all the time.

    https://i.imgur.com/uGNBO19.jpg

    Picture represents what I saw when I opened the app just now. Updating and restarting my phone hasn't permanently resolved the issue as it keeps happening seemingly at random. I do not use the app in landscape mode. The only time I use landscape mode is typically to look at media. So I don't believe it is a situation where my phone is recognizing that I use the app last in landscape mode and is failing to rectify itself. AFAIK this is the only app doing this.

    Any advice is appreciated, this is my first iPhone so I am not familiar with how common quirks like this are and what to do about them.

    submitted by /u/Deminix
    [link] [comments]

    Microphone-related issues on iPhone 8 - really a mystery that I cannot seem to crack!

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 01:14 PM PDT

    I've had 2 interrelated issues persisting over the past couple of months, and I have no idea how to get fix it. I have an iPhone 8 and running the latest update, iOS 14.5. It's been purchased in Europe over 3 years ago, so no consumer protection laws no longer apply.

    Issue #1: My front microphone appears not to be working. I have noticed a while ago that when I record videos using the front camera, the sound is extremely distorted to the point that you cannot recognize any sounds or voices whatsoever. I've tried cleaning out both my front as well as the main microphone. When I took my phone to a certified repair shop the guy told me the only thing that'd help is exchanging the entire display if I recall that correctly, which would not be economically viable and logical at this point. I'm trying to see whether I can get some input here first. During the same conversation with the guy that told me about the display replacement, I also mentioned to him that my left AirPod appears to be much quieter than my right one, and he said that he's 99% sure this will require getting a new AirPod. On Reddit, someone suggested to literally suck on the AirPod to get out any earwax, dust, or residue that may have collected there over time. Both AirPods now work perfectly, so I'm naturally skeptical against repair shop guys' recommendations as well as very inclined towards help on Reddit. Anyway, part of the perplexity is that when I use Instagram or Snapchat and use the front camera to record myself, the sound works perfectly. I'm assuming that the apps use the main microphone for both front and back camera recordings while the camera uses the front mic for front cam recordings, but again, just trying to see if anyone has any input here.

    Issue #2: This is related to microphone usage. For a while now, I have not been able to use Siri on my iPhone. It just doesn't react to my voice, and when I tried resetting it and setting it up again, it will not pick up on my voice at all while setting it up, so I can't do that either. I noticed that when I use voice dictation on my keyboard or when I speak to Siri after I turn her on manually, there is a slight, approx. 1-2 second delay with which my voice gets picked up. So much so that by now I've gotten used to making a short hum before I start speaking so the mic will pick my voice up. Does anybody know if this can be in any way connected to issue #1 that I explained above? It shouldn't be my front mic that's picking up the sound for Siri and voice dictation, or is it? How come that the mic is so inconsistent and works so selectively?

    Truthfully, these are not issues that I vitally need, hence also me waiting several months before actually posting on here. Every couple of weeks when I get annoyed, I google for an hour or so and try to fix it, and then I give up because nothing seems to work. If anyone has any useful info it would be very much appreciated!

    submitted by /u/ecstatico
    [link] [comments]

    Please help

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 12:51 PM PDT

    So nobody can get access to photos from an iPhone without passcode? That's it?

    submitted by /u/slaughterhousesean
    [link] [comments]

    Saw text notification and read preview, but when open message app text is not there?

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 08:55 AM PDT

    This morning when I checked my Iphone I had a bunch of email notifications etc, so I slid down the top bar to look at a preview of all of them at once instead of switching between apps. I noticed I had 2 texts from an unknown number, and later saw I actually opened my phone 3 missed calls from that number. I read the preview for 1 of the texts, an intriguing "Miss you" and it did not show a preview of the second text. I immediately open my phone to read the messages in the message app and there was nothing there, and the original previews I saw were gone. What happened here? I restarted my phone hoping they would show up but got nothing. Nothing on my MacBook either.

    submitted by /u/Carmen523
    [link] [comments]

    Sharing Timer from iPhone to watch

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 11:56 AM PDT

    I just put pizza in oven and told Siri to set a timer, then leave iPhone there went upstairs work further, wearing iwatch, could it just reminder me the time is up?

    submitted by /u/Jastmia
    [link] [comments]

    Camera Not Working on iOS 14.5

    Posted: 28 Apr 2021 07:59 AM PDT

    Just updated to 14.5 on an iPhone X and the camera stopped working. When I open the app it's just black. Flash isn't working either. Any ideas or fixes?

    submitted by /u/notblaga
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel