• Breaking News

    Tuesday, April 13, 2021

    iPhone stuck in boot loop with no access to the computer my data is saved to

    iPhone stuck in boot loop with no access to the computer my data is saved to


    stuck in boot loop with no access to the computer my data is saved to

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:13 AM PDT

    My phone, iphone xr, has been stuck on boot loop for maybe 45 minutes. I cannot put it into recovery mode because I do not and will not have access to the device my data is saved to. I seriously need advice, it is 2:13am here and I don't even have a way of setting an alarm to wake up now

    submitted by /u/iphonehelpneededpls
    [link] [comments]

    How do I disable the slideshow/summary photos on my lock screen?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:54 PM PDT

    When I swipe from my lock screen to the left page it shows a picture I took a while back etc, the news, date, etc. on that page. How can I specifically disable photos showing when my phone is clearly locked? That shouldn't even be an option to display someone's photos like that automatically on their phone when locked.

    I hope I explained what I meant well, let me know if you need further explanation.

    submitted by /u/Ashrimpwithnojob
    [link] [comments]

    locked out

    Posted: 13 Apr 2021 12:24 AM PDT

    I cannot access my phone suddenly. I tried my current passcode and the previous two. I am locked out. I tried connecting to iTunes and using my Apple ID on their website to reset it. Neither has caused a reaction on my phone.

    submitted by /u/sexyreadr
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone only charges when it's dead

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:35 PM PDT

    It's not the charging port because it works with other chargers, but it's not the charger because it works while the phone is dead, and it used to work while the phone was alive. It's like my phone doesn't like the charger but it's not alive to remember that it doesn't like the charger. If it helps its a 3rd party lax charger

    submitted by /u/Memelord_Beast
    [link] [comments]

    my phone did some things by itself

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:57 PM PDT

    So i turned on my phone and i noticed that somethings weird were happening. the only things i noticed so far is my bluetooth turned on, all my apps got taken out of running in the backround (or whatever it's called) and the picture on one of my widgets changed a little(specifically the border changed to pink). does anyone know if there's something wrong with my phone? (by the way i did not see these things happening they just appeared)

    submitted by /u/purrpl_
    [link] [comments]

    Voicemail notification issue

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:55 PM PDT

    Ok so I have used an IPhone for 10+ years but I have been thrown off by something. I used to get text messages alerting me to voicemails but I recently changed carriers and I don't get the text messages alerting me to the voicemails anymore. Instead I am relying on the banner (pops down from top of phone) and badge (red dot in app) notifications. I noticed that when I was getting a voicemail, I was getting the banner notification but I wasn't getting the badge notification. This is a problem because I often ignore the banner if Im busy and rely on the red dot instead. So I was troubled that I wasn't getting the red dot notifications to remind me to check the voicemails. To be clear, although I wasn't getting the red dot on the phone app, if I opened the app I was seeing a red dot on the voicemail symbol in the bottom right. Anyway, I searched endlessly for an explanation without luck. I am thinking that the answer is that 99% of the time that I get a voicemail, I am declining the call. As a result of this, I am not getting the missed call red dot/badge icon on the phone app.

    So what I am wondering is whether the badge notification on the phone app is purely for a missed call. And whether the assumption is that if you see the red dot for the missed call, that you will open the phone app and see the voicemail notification there?

    submitted by /u/canucklenuck
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 12 found

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:19 PM PDT

    Found an iPhone 12 on the side of the highway recently and don't know what to do with it. It's locked with a passcode obviously, and it has a notification on it that says "iPhone is not activated Contact your carrier if this problem continues to occur" so is there anything I can do with it? I'd like to get it back to the person who lost it but if there is nothing i can do to learn who that is, then is there anything I can do with it at all?

    submitted by /u/SoulOfUhLion
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 8 is not saving transparent background of a png photo I created.

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:55 PM PDT

    I normally send myself photos I make on my laptop via email. I can look at the photo in the email and it has a transparent background, but when I save it to my photos it has a white background

    submitted by /u/SilentMase
    [link] [comments]

    Way to change what microphone(s) used when recording video?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:04 PM PDT

    So I've dropped my iPhone 8 and the top front facing microphone and speaker don't really work. I can only talk on the phone on speaker otherwise I can't hear the other person. And when I record a video it sounds like it's underwater. Comparing recording a front facing video on camera app vs Snapchat, they use different microphone(s) because Snapchat videos don't sound like someone's covering the microphone. Is there a way to change this for the camera app, so I don't have to record videos in Snapchat which is tedious. Thanks

    submitted by /u/Sebbyyc
    [link] [comments]

    Browser issues that come up on iphone, ipad in Chrome, google, and firefox

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:01 PM PDT

    Hello all,

    So I have been on this certain website for travel for my company using my iPhone. I use chrome and recently, there's been an issue. One one option, it gives you the slider to select one of the many options. However, the slider to scroll the options doesn't even pop up. It like comes up for either half a second, or acts like I never pressed it to open up the scroller. I deleted the app multiple times and cleared the Brower. I have downloaded Google, firefox, used safari. I have even used my ipad and it does the same thing. I get on my surface pro and it works fine. Anyone else having issues like this?

    submitted by /u/mountainaviator1
    [link] [comments]

    Green dot on iPhone 11 display (not the camera notification dot)

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:56 PM PDT

    Hello everyone!

    So I have noticed a green dot on the display of my iPhone 11 (iOS 14.4.2). It is not there all the time and I can't really remember when it showed up. I mostly see the dot in apps like Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, Reddit, etc and in parts of the OS like on the drop down menu in brightness and such. I don't think it's a dead pixel as its not on the lock screen or home screen and it doesn't show up when I take a screenshot. My phone is the same as it was since I bought it new from apple's website no cracks or screen replacements back in July of 2020. I can't find anything on google when I try to search the issue. Has anyone experienced anything like this or know what it is and how to fix it? I have linked a pic so you can look at it.

    Note: In the pic uploaded to Imgur the dot appears white. I have circled the dot but on my phone it appears green.

    Photo of my display.

    submitted by /u/lithiumninja
    [link] [comments]

    Notifications turning phone screen on

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:36 PM PDT

    Hey! So I have a question, if I enable notifications of all apps and for every notification the screen lights up, is this okay for my phone? Or will it cause some damage/ageing than regular in the future!?

    Just needed to know!

    submitted by /u/tooconfusedasheck
    [link] [comments]

    Iphone 8 not connecting to internet

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:17 PM PDT

    I just got an iPhone 8 64gb. So the thing is that sometimes when we have visitors over people that have iphones or some androids dont have internet connections. But I didnt really cared bcs i had samsung galaxy a21s that worked perfectly fine. But when i connect with any iphone it just wont work. Why is that ? Thank you for help :)

    submitted by /u/OptionAcceptable2313
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone X Intermittently Not Receiving Calls or Texts

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 05:07 PM PDT

    Hey guys, for the last week or two my iPhone X (Sprint) has randomly decided to stop receiving texts and calls at random times. I'll go an extended period of time without receiving anything, then if I reboot my phone I'll get 15-20 texts all at the same time, but it still has the correct timestamps from like an hour prior. The same goes for calls, someone will try to call me, it won't go through, I reboot my phone and everything works fine.

    I've tried resetting my iMessage, I reset my network settings, cleared all of the messages out of my phone, have plenty of available space, and have no ideas left now. Has anybody experienced something similar? Would appreciate any ideas.

    submitted by /u/GregOlinovich
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR Screen ISSUE

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 04:59 PM PDT

    So I busted my old screen up and the top half wasn't responsive because it was all shattered and turning black, replaced the screen with an OEM copy, no remake glass or anything 100% Genuine OEM Apple part, and the top half of the screen where it was broken before, still is unresponsive AT TIMES, when it's first powered on its mint, 5 minutes later it's back to trash. so changing the screen basically did nothing besides remove cracks and black spots, it's better obviously but still doesn't work for anything. I can get a new screen but if it's just going to be the phone I'm gonna get a new phone.

    submitted by /u/No_Trip5710
    [link] [comments]

    When talking while moving with active speaker, no sound is recorded

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:36 AM PDT

    Does anyone else have this issue?

    I thought it was because of my old phone, but i recently got a 12 and it has the same issue.

    Edit:

    • Phone: first x, now 12
    • iOS Version: several, im always on the latest

    Not sure when this started to happen

    submitted by /u/Strawhat-dude
    [link] [comments]

    Trying to restore my old iphone 5c

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 01:22 PM PDT

    Its in recovery mode and it works until I get an error message saying it couldnt be restored 1303.FFFF. Can i do anything to fix this?

    submitted by /u/tchoesang2
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone 7 wont update or restore via itunes, any options?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 12:53 PM PDT

    My iphone 7 got frozen with the apple log so i looked online and seemed like i needed to update or restore. I held volume down button and power button and it prompted me to connect to itunes, which i did. I tired updating first and it said was unable to update after attempting to do so. I then tried to restore it and that didnt work. I turned off firewalls and have latest versions of windows n itunes.

    when its updating or restoring, the progress bar on the phone goes to approx 90%, then itunes states that the update or restore to factory settings is complete and iphone is restarting and to keep connected to computer and it will appear in itunes when complete but then nothing happens and iphone goes back to flashing apple logo?

    submitted by /u/Suited4Battle
    [link] [comments]

    I have A weird situation. My activity app says that I am using Email App Client, but I dont have such a app downloaded to my iPhone. What I can do?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 11:47 AM PDT

    Phone dying then charging to 5-10 percent

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 07:51 AM PDT

    My iPhone XR has been having the issue since this morning where when I attempt to charge my phone it does not work but when it dies it is able to charge up to 10 percent then proceeds to not be able to charge once awoken. I've had this phone for about 2-3 years and it's only had this issue since this morning. Please help? Thank you.

    submitted by /u/cactuscancer
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone XR battery life is quite bad after 1 day of usage

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    Yesterday I bought a refurbished iPhone XR and the maximum capacity for it was 91% (which I assumed was okay). Today the battery life went from 100% to 4% in roughly 6 hours. Does anyone have any tips on how to extend battery life, since the battery should last for double that time? (Btw I don't want to give it back to the seller)

    submitted by /u/konekko-san
    [link] [comments]

    Screen Limit Help

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 06:29 AM PDT

    I am trying to enable the function in settings where you can select specific apps or a category of apps and limit the amount of time you can access them for per day.

    I made sure not to select the whole category option for each category the apps fall under and only the specific apps I wanted to limit. But it has still applied it to all of the other apps in that category.

    For example I didn't select the "social media" category but I did click the drop down and select only the messenger app and Instagram app. Everything looks right and how it should when I'm done with only certain apps listed for the limit. But it is still restricting all of my social media apps rather than just those I selected.

    Any advice?

    submitted by /u/HodorDoggoYes
    [link] [comments]

    Deleted digitial sim under Settings>Cellular, but its still showing under General>About. I think its the reason my data isnt working. How do i actually get it off my phone?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:55 AM PDT

    I just switched carriers. They had me install a digital sim. It didnt work, i was unable to make calls or use data. So they sent me a physical sim. At first it didnt work at all. They had me delete the digital sim under Settings>cellular. I was then able to make calls, but cant text or use data. when i look at General>About it still shows a digital sim, even though its completely gone from the Cellular tab. Ive been dealing with them all week, and they dont think this is the issue, but i just have this gut feeling that its the problem. How to i fully remove the digital sim from my phone? I cant even call apple for support because i dont have a phone...

    Thanks for the help!

    submitted by /u/DontAlwaysButWhenIDo
    [link] [comments]

    Do iPhone batteries need recalibrating?

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:09 AM PDT

    I was doing research about iPhone batteries and I have found some websites that say you shouldn't recalibrate your battery and others that say you should. Can someone help please?

    submitted by /u/IAmabetterperson
    [link] [comments]

    iPhone warranty question

    Posted: 12 Apr 2021 09:02 AM PDT

    If I buy a new sealed iPhone from somewhere other than apple will it come with warranty? I've been told that 1 year warranty starts when you activate the phone.. is this right? I'm in uk and will be buying from eBay..

    submitted by /u/108k902
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Fashion

    Beauty

    Travel